Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    bolobaby wrote: »
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Xyrex wrote: »
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Where is the money grab part honestly? Sure if you want Thrawn at 7 stars you're gonna have to spend. Was like that for tons of other events why should this be different? You all got Phoenix for free at 2 or 3 stars already and they put them in very easy to farm spots today. Getting them to 5 star isn't going to be hard at all. Besides let's see Thrawn's kit first before we freak out.

But we don't have Phoenix. I started to play 2 months ago, so I don't have a single toon of Phoenix squad. And they cannot be farmed. And now they do this marvelous flash event with Phoenix Squaf requierment. So I cannot even do the flash event. How nice is it?

Welcome to the game.. in first few months i couldnt do events such as these either.. you are at the very beginning.. one step at a time :)

Yep, when I started playing Yoda was the event. I couldn't do it.

You know what I did? I farmed Jedi and did some of it the next time. Still not enough. More farming. I think I got him on the 3rd go.

So - all you folks whining about not getting Thrawn NOW NOW NOW...

Grow up and learn some patience like the rest of us had to have who started the game after it had been out there a while. We are finally on even footing for an event and it has you all bent out of shape.

The thing is if Thrawn is really strong anyone who misses out on him is going to have a harder time until the event returns, if he stinks then getting Pheonix was a waste, the most important time to consider getting him is now. I'm betting it will be 1-3 months before the event returns, which is slow for any kind of game
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Where is the money grab part honestly? Sure if you want Thrawn at 7 stars you're gonna have to spend. Was like that for tons of other events why should this be different? You all got Phoenix for free at 2 or 3 stars already and they put them in very easy to farm spots today. Getting them to 5 star isn't going to be hard at all. Besides let's see Thrawn's kit first before we freak out.

But we don't have Phoenix. I started to play 2 months ago, so I don't have a single toon of Phoenix squad. And they cannot be farmed. And now they do this marvelous flash event with Phoenix Squaf requierment. So I cannot even do the flash event. How nice is it?

Welcome to the game.. in first few months i couldnt do events such as these either.. you are at the very beginning.. one step at a time :)

You know what I did? I farmed Jedi and did some of it the next time. Still not enough. More farming. I think I got him on the 3rd go.

Grow up and learn some patience like the rest of us had to have who started the game after it had been out there a while. We are finally on even footing for an event and it has you all bent out of shape.

Jedi were available since the beginning of the game and actually strong during that time period, Phoenix has been F2P farmable for a few hours now and overall is a squad without purpose. There was absolutely no reason to farm this squad so CG decides to create these ridiculous requirements for Thrawn.

You make my point precisely: we are all on even footing for this event and it has you all bent out of shape.

Well... maybe not EVEN footing. After all, I actually got Phoenix to gear 8 and level 84 with some abilities omega'd. I also saved up various shop creds for when they would be available because I decided I wanted to be ahead of the game on *something* without paying for it.

My foresight paid off. I got lucky. But for what? We don't even know WHAT Thrawn is! He could be suckier than Phoenix. A watered down Veers or Tarkin. A toon for whom the final verdict is "meh."

But you go ahead and get all **** about the toon you can't have RIGHT NOW because... you know... you deserve it! (Not me. Not the guy who actually planned for Phoenix.)
  • Options
    hmmm useless p2w squad ... I taught this was a rebellion...well let's rebel :)
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I think our best bet is to farm the gear, but wait to use it until the event. Shards aren't hard to invest in, but gear is another story. I'm sure his kit will be worth the struggle though. No way he is any less viable than R2.

The double drops are the only chance I have of getting Phoenix characters to 5* in time for a Thrawn unlock. It just really sucks that I have to jump in not knowing if it's going to be worth it or not, because the devs can't be bothered to post info they already have before double drops starts.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options

First- When I started playing was Yoda event also, i couldn't do it so I farmed jedis and I hope get Yoda this time. Same with R2D2. No problem, I am working now om empire team. Zero complains.

Second- Can't care less about Thrawn, don't even know who is him.

Third- My complaining is not to get trawn know, is about requirements to do the flash events. Maybe is you who should grow up and read things before be rude.
  • Options
    Ive been playing roughly 2 years off and on, ftp. However im getting majorly screwed with this flash event requiring full phoenix. I was on break from game when their events were released and i have no time to farm new chars for an event this soon. I could care less about thrawn (im not partial to smurfs) but when im struggling to gear and star the toons i want to use already i cant afford to farm these from start. Great way to tease at easing the insane gear crunch by making us waste all resources on useless cartoon characters no one likes.

Who cares about upcoming events... we have a TIME TRAVELER among us!
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Ive been playing roughly 2 years off and on, ftp. However im getting majorly screwed with this flash event requiring full phoenix. I was on break from game when their events were released and i have no time to farm new chars for an event this soon. I could care less about thrawn (im not partial to smurfs) but when im struggling to gear and star the toons i want to use already i cant afford to farm these from start. Great way to tease at easing the insane gear crunch by making us waste all resources on useless cartoon characters no one likes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg8M-8BqTGs
  • Solos
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty upset that DN is out of shard shop now cutting his time in there by two weeks! I made the decision when he was in there that I'd farm him and get him to 7stars but now I have to do the long grind of that stupid ONE hard node
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Star Wars fans are sensitive with force, or is it just sensitive?

Not going to spend any $$$ on this event but I'm going to try my best and it will be an epic fail but that's okay. There's always next time. And I don't really mind since they gave me a 7* R2D2, and a 5* EP for free on the first time round.

Just do what you can and good luck. There's no whining in Star Wars.

anakin-gif-unpop.gif

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Nope, nope, nope.

Jedi were farmable for the Yoda event already and some if not most could be even obtained in a lucky bronzium. Same with Rebels and at the time EP came out, a lot were farming them already. Phoenix really hasn't been f2p farmable until today.

Frankly, I'm not going to worry about it but after I went all in on Fulcrum (not as advertised) and now this, I'm going to seriously rethink the next time I consider pushing the purchase button for crystals.

If Thrawn becomes meta, he won't be by the next time he rolls around again. By that time you've dumped your resources into a team that nobody runs or cares much about short of maybe Sabine and the Jedi. And it's a shame with all the synergy they have together. They could have been contenders. Their kits are kinda cool as well, but they may don't have what it takes to compete. Remember them against Sith and Empire in the event? Yeah, I do.

Bottom line is the curve got shafted with chaze and 3x cleanse. Not a whole lot compete with that. I don't think they saw this coming with chaze and how op they are.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options

First- When I started playing was Yoda event also, i couldn't do it so I farmed jedis and I hope get Yoda this time. Same with R2D2. No problem, I am working now om empire team. Zero complains.

Third- My complaining is not to get trawn know, is about requirements to do the flash events. Maybe is you who should grow up and read things before be rude.

So? I can't get crit mods because I don't have jawas. Sometimes things get released that you, personally, aren't ready for and others are. It's not all about you.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options

So? I can't get crit mods because I don't have jawas. Sometimes things get released that you, personally, aren't ready for and others are. It's not all about you.

Same here, i only can get health mods. But I can farm Jawas and do damage at anytime. But i cannot do this flash event. Not only me, all the people who start playing after Phoenix Squad event. It seems pretty unfair to me. They could do the flash events withouth requirement and all players could do it.
  • Options

I am confused. Is it something i said? Or a joke thats over my head?
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    It is entirely possible the flash events will work like the luke ones and they will give you Phoenix squad for the first 3 tiers.
  • PearlJam
    72 posts Member
    Options
    No way in hell will I use any energy, gear, level, stars, or mods to upgrade the pathetic Phoenix Squadron. They can sit on my bench and rot. You all can have Thrawn. Not worth it. What a joke.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    It is entirely possible the flash events will work like the luke ones and they will give you Phoenix squad for the first 3 tiers.

That was my hope until I read the content of the event. We will need 4 stars phoenix toons to do any tier. It seems a prrety way to.**** the new players.
  • Options
    Personally the next major Empire toon should be Wullf Yularen.

He appeared in A New Hope on the Death Star
    latest?cb=20111029215424

He was the head of the Imperial Security Bureau (ISB) and recently appeared in Rebels as that role.

250?cb=20170227211210

And if you read the Thrawn Novel they tied Thrawns rise to him as well.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

That was my hope until I read the content of the event. We will need 4 stars phoenix toons to do any tier. It seems a prrety way to.**** the new players.

Where does it say that?
  • Options
    That a brilliant way to irk off the vast majority of the player base. Guild and shard chat has never been so active. Out of 6 guilds and three shard chats I can only see one person who will be able to get him to 7* (whale who already has all to 7*) and ZERO people willing to spend big leveling Phoenix to get him.
  • BhMojo
    50 posts Member
    Options
    I am well aware that for older players,Phoenix might actually be a chore to start farming just to get Thrawn. But for the new player (level 60 & below) I would advise them to drop everything else they are doing & start farming the Phoenix squad. Why?
    1. For the "Emperor's Demise" Event which requires rebels & since they are all Rebels, this guarantees you Emperor Palpatine once you have 5 of them at 5*.
    2. For the "The Artist of War" Event which requires Phoenix & since they are all Phoenix, guarantees you Grand Admiral Thrawn once you have 5 of them at 5*.
    3. For the "Daring Droid" Event which requires Empire, & since you will have already Palp & Thrawn in your Roster this saves you time in farming 3 more Empire toons to 5*.
    4. For the "Grand Master's Training" Event which requires Jedi, & since Kanan & Ezra are Jedi in your Roster this saves you time farming 3 more Jedi toons to 5*.
    5. For the "Droids Fight Back" Event which requires Droids & since Chopper is a Droid, adds on to your Droid team.
    6. For "Endor Omega Battles" which requires Droids thus Chopper is still viable.
    7. For "Military Might Assault Battles" that requires Rebels & Clones, hence they can all be used & this will get you Empire shards to help you build your Empire team for the Daring Droid event.
    8. For the "Tenacity Mod Challenge" which requires rebels & will get you Tenacity mods, & since they are all rebels you've got this one covered.
    9. For Daily Challenges, where they can all be used in each of the various challenges depending on their roles in the game.

But you may ask, why farm these guys & not any other team, especially one that is meta.
    1. They are very easy to farm. The easiest team to farm so far. As you can see they have been distributed all over the game so that one may not conflict with the other except for Hera & Ezra, but you may want to farm Hera 1st because of her leader ability then Ezra may come later. & you'll still have 5 of them because Chopper is in the Cantina store.
    2. Synergy ie everything. I think this is the team which you can farm the quickest with complete synergy. And having this advantage of synergy early in the game is a really big boost for you as you'll demolish other teams with no synergy at all. We all know how diverse arena was back in the day of understanding this game.
    3. Meta will not kick in until way later in the game. By then you will have already completed your whole phoenix team to 7* & will be working on other teams. & the problem with meta is that by the time you get there it might have already changed once or twice. So right now focus on this one team which will enable you to hold your own against all the teams you encounter in arena.
    4. They have ships, yes they have two ships which are pretty interesting. I just wish we were also given a chance to farm them too. Though none of the new ships from launch have ever become farmable except for Vader's Advanced X1, & even that one is a hassle.

I really don't care that I'm not getting Thrawn now. I didn't have a Jedi team the 1st time Yoda came around, but now I have him at 7* g
    12. The same happened with Palpatine, in fact I watched as two Palpatine events went right past me, & this was when it took 6 more months to come back. But now he's also at 7* g10. I didn't have an empire team to even unlock R2-D2, but now I do, & they are just sitting there in my roster all 7* g8-11, waiting for the daring Droid to make another daring move. In the same way, my Phoenix isn't anywhere close right now, but in months to come, I'll mop the floor with Thrawn, & still have a maxed out Phoenix squad for other occasions.

For once I'll commend CG for making these guys easy to farm. All the new characters being released this year have been made really hard to farm but these for these ones I have absolutely no complaints & give a really big swelling thumbs up to the Devs. & a complement coming from me to the Devs, just know that I've seriously been touched by this. I hope they continue with this trend with subsequent releases (I'm looking at Fulcrum
  • Options

The game is only 1.5 years old... so the only way to play it for 2 years is to go back in time 6 months.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    And the narrator on the clone wars cartoon
  • Options

Where does it say that?

Datamine. So while not necessarily final it is most likely
    And it required all 6 characters even first tier needs 3 at 4*. 2nd tier need the others at 4*.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Anytime else find it ironic that if you bought each of the $10.00 Phoenix pack, the $99.99 pack brings you to exactly 5* per Phoenix?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

The game is only 1.5 years old... so the only way to play it for 2 years is to go back in time 6 months.

Well then. Ive been playing less than i thought. Seems like forever.
  • akositzke
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Datamine. So while not necessarily final it is most likely
    And it required all 6 characters even first tier needs 3 at 4*. 2nd tier need the others at 4*.

The event may require that many characters at 4*...but doesn't mean they need to be your characters. I would think that the event could still provide you with the characters just like the Luke event did
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    GregorEG wrote: »
    Attention game developers. There needs to be an immediate patch. Drilling down in ship leaderboard through the ranks tab into the actual character allows anyone access to change anyone's character mods. Attention game developers please fix this as raising this alarm may lead to immediate abuses.

Holy **** it's true
    This is soooooooo
    Messssed up
    Can't believe they would make a mistake like this.
    Too busy trying to con people into farming crud
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Anytime else find it ironic that if you bought each of the $10.00 Phoenix pack, the $99.99 pack brings you to exactly 5* per Phoenix?
    I did and I won't. But I did notice that.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    GregorEG wrote: »
    Attention game developers. There needs to be an immediate patch. Drilling down in ship leaderboard through the ranks tab into the actual character allows anyone access to change anyone's character mods. Attention game developers please fix this as raising this alarm may lead to immediate abuses.

Holy **** it's true
    This is soooooooo
    Messssed up
    Can't believe they would make a mistake like this.
    Too busy trying to con people into farming crud

I think it just goes to your own character.
  • Options
    Hera sabine or ezra karnus?

ideally both ofc, discuss

who not to farm it seems we will need all 6 at 4 stars for tier 3 but only 5 of them for tier 4