Territory Battles: Tips, Questions, First Run Notes/Issues [mega]

Replies

• Options
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Here is a quick FAQ I threw together for my guild to answer a lot of the basic questions. For those who have followed the forums none of this is likely new or surprising, for those who haven't this should provide a nice easy list of things to help you understand how it all works.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12IPo1hrczPynu9RN4q2Xq6iR6dbcg26c-OC-4LuqbTI/edit

Excellent job, kudos. Sharing it with my guild leader, thanks.
  • Options

I don't understand the problem. When you put all your toons into deployment they are available for use in that territory. You can use deployed toons in combat missions or platoons, whatever you want. It's not a waste putting all your toons in the only territory in phase 1 - it's the best course of action.

It's in Phase 2 that you have to start worrying about where to deploy your toons because you have to divide them over two territories.

Day 1 is fine to do that. Day 2 if you do that you might need those toons in a different area and if you dumped them in another then you can't use them.

Best course of action is to talk to guild -> do special missions -> do platoons (using weakest toons first) -> do combat missions -> then dump remaining toons on deployment in area needing the most points or to fill in remaining GP.
  • Options
    Protasm wrote: »
    When I was doing my combat missions and deployment, I could see the guild's overall progress in territory points toward 3 stars. Now that I've completed combat missions and deployment, I can only see that we have 2 stars without knowing how close we are to 3 stars. Is there a way to still see that info?

Selecting "Deployment" in each territory will show you how many territory points your guild needs to reach the next star.
  • Options
    I hope the next phases of TB are more engaging. There was such a build up to this event that I am left unimpressed. It's like doing one of those assault events. Anyone else feel unimpressed?
  • Options
    Slaythus wrote: »

I don't understand the problem. When you put all your toons into deployment they are available for use in that territory. You can use deployed toons in combat missions or platoons, whatever you want. It's not a waste putting all your toons in the only territory in phase 1 - it's the best course of action.

It's in Phase 2 that you have to start worrying about where to deploy your toons because you have to divide them over two territories.

Day 1 is fine to do that. Day 2 if you do that you might need those toons in a different area and if you dumped them in another then you can't use them.

Best course of action is to talk to guild -> do special missions -> do platoons (using weakest toons first) -> do combat missions -> then dump remaining toons on deployment in area needing the most points or to fill in remaining GP.
    But that's sort of the point, isn't it?

It's the game's responsibility to tell us how things work. It's our responsibility to figure out how to do it better.

The first time we all did the Rancor there was no pop up saying "The Rancor is immune to a lot of things, pay close attention to what it isn't immune to!"

Deploying in multiple locations seems obvious, but it's still something we need to work out on our own. Besides. People were complaining this is too complicated already--imagine how much worse it'd be if they also gave you strategy advice.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    It did go rather quick I have to admit but I wouldn't say I was bored by it as I know it's just the tip of the iceberg
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    A little let down here too. I thought it would be more hands on. Perhaps the next stages will be more involved.
  • Options
    Well its the first phase its the easiest. I personally would like an option to speed up next phase, the wait is eh.
  • Options
    I have to agree as far as phase 1 goes. I'm going to remain hopeful of MUCH more engagement in the following phases.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what I was expecting. I did my deployment, did both combat missions (one successful, the other not so much) and now I am waiting for tomorrow.
  • Options
    First phase yet guys, don't be so precipitated!
  • Options
    Because it's just one territory.

It's also possible that the points required for remaining territories are calibrated with the assumption that most players are just going to do one territory. If that's the expectation, doing more is a bonus and presenting the event as "dump and fight and go do something else" is a nice, stress-free way of introducing folks to the game.

Presenting it as "Be sure to note all the characters needed in all three platoons throughout this phase and set those characters aside so that you don't accidentally use them in a combat mission--oh, and some missions will need specific characters so watch out for those requirements, too--and then do your special missions before talking to your guild about who has what characters and can deploy them accordingly" is SIGNIFICANTLY MORE DAUNTING.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Remember when everyone complained there was no way to coordinate things in six hours? This is the result. Remember difficulty progresses
  • Options
    I hope the next phases of TB are more engaging. There was such a build up to this event that I am left unimpressed. It's like doing one of those assault events. Anyone else feel unimpressed?

How can you possibly be bored!? You haven't spent all day trying to answer millions of questions from your guild only to be told by the chat service to go away?

Just me? Okay....
  • Options
    A lot of the previews I watched on Youtube about this update suggest that guilds might want to seek a chat client outside of guild chat so that you can co-ordinate instantly. Some of our guild have started a server on Discord and it's great because we get instant notifications unlike with guild chat where you only get notified in game. "Line" is also a good one. I recommend that other guild leaders look into doing this to keep you all together on the territory battles.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Why would your tutorial tell people to deploy all their toons, which make them unavailable for combat or platoon.

No it doesn't. It makes them unavailable for a different territory, which isn't an issue today since there is only one territory in Phase 1.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Just looked thru it, thanks for compiling and sharing. Any chance you could include the amount of points needed to 1, 2, and 3 star each phase? Obviously we don't have all that info, but I'd love to know the difference between p1 1 star and p2 1 star. Wondering how attainable 3 stars on p2 is gonna be for my 60 mil GP guild

It is too late for me to do that information for phase 1 but i definitely plan to add all that stuff :)
  • Options
    Here is what I have so far feel free to comment on anything I'm missing for the first 3 phases.
    I'll be adding everything for each phase more in depth further into this week.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mFAxBuC7PNgbipXdZq2a08a6rcILfHf_2Z2GO4KgOfE/edit?usp=sharing
    If you would like to join my guild we have spaces open requirement is level 75 and active daily
    Add me on discord Slacker#8957 and I can get you in
  • Options
    Tennente wrote: »
    On special battles that award shards, does the whole guild earn shards or just those that can participate?

The whole guild will get the same rewards at the end of the Territory Battle. I'd guess that's only those who are able to participate, but I don't have confirmation of that.
  • GBizz
    45 posts Member
    Options
    If you fail a phase in TB I understand you don't move onto the next phase but do you have a full reset on that phase or does your damage carry over again into the next day?
  • Options
    I think it is a full reset but I might be mistaken
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Just looked thru it, thanks for compiling and sharing. Any chance you could include the amount of points needed to 1, 2, and 3 star each phase? Obviously we don't have all that info, but I'd love to know the difference between p1 1 star and p2 1 star. Wondering how attainable 3 stars on p2 is gonna be for my 60 mil GP guild
    @Ploosh Check out <<my thread on TB Phase Information>>, which I'll keep updating with information (including star rating requirements) throughout the event.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    It is very annoying that team 6 requires Han Solo to fill on territory first "2 star" mission. PLEASE stop making a heroic mission reward a requirement for any mission. This is a slap to the face of every player/fan who is not lucky enough to be in the few clans that can beat heroic missions. I want to rage quit every time because I have no way to even 1 shard! Why EA why?
  • Options
    This morning I woke up with 13 hrs+ left on the TB timer and my guild had already finished the entire area with 3*s.

Genuinely curious, does any guild actually need 24h?
  • Options
    Well other phases will be more to do
  • Options
    Ceberus wrote: »

true, but still my guild had 2*s 1 hour after TB went live. 24h just makes the waiting unbearable...or is it just me spending too much time staring at my tablet?
  • Options
    Ceberus wrote: »

true, but still my guild had 2*s 1 hour after TB went live. 24h just makes the waiting unbearable...or is it just me spending too much time staring at my tablet?

Yep do something other, it's more fun then staring at your tablet. :p
  • Options
    My guild has only reached 2 stars so far, I don't think we will make 3 stars in the first phase
  • Options
    I think 24 hours is good as it means you can get everything done in one go and not need to login multiple times per day, so you are free to do other things with your day, logging in up to four times per day is a lot.