Guild Vs. Guild... Who asked for more content?

Replies

• Gawejn
    1112 posts Member
    Options
    aeaswen wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    People continue to complain about GW. There is a very simple solution to never losing war and getting it done in no longer than 15 minutes. Resistance. You don't even need them geared or stared up all the way. A gear 10 resistance team will massacre a full g12 team. I haven't lost a war in a year and a half. Just sayin. Easy.

CG have stated that GW is a test of your whole roster. If the only answer is a single team then GW is not WAI which is why people are complaining.

It's just like how mods aren't viable unless they have speed secondaries. So many different possible combinations and all that matters is one. There's no way that is WAI.

The point is, before they go stuffing new content down our throats it would be nice to address things that aren't WAI, even if there's a workaround such as Resistance for GW.

Lots and lots of teams work really well in GW. It wasn't meant for a single team to tear through the whole thing. Resistance is just super OP there. If you have about 3 full teams of nearly anything you shouldn't be having much trouble with GW.

This is nonsense. I have a cls team, zader team, standard rebel team. G12, g11, g10 respectively. Gw is next to impossible.

Well, first off you don't have 3 full teams. G10 is not a full team. But I also bet I could clear GW no problem every day with what you have, assuming you have at least one set of arena quality mods.

My wife has 1 G11 QCJ led Jedi team and 1 G11 Maul team and after I worked with her on GW strategy she clears it every day. She has very little outside of those 2 teams.

Then she simply does not have the gw I have. You are a whale or an old timer if you have that many g11 toons. I'm neither but I still face three to four cls teams due to my arena zetas. I guess the only answer is MORE gear farming for resistance. Fun.

Yes, I've been here a while. My wife has not. She faces those same CLS teams. I love how the common response to people is basically "you aren't getting teams as hard as I am". Yes, we all are. You don't have some special GW.

You are right about GW. But I changed my arena team to team that have 70k. All teams in my shard are 80k and more. My GW sometimes is easy. I hope it is couse of this arena team. Sometimes I only face last node very hard with CLS. But 1-11 nodes I can do with PheoniX 50k. My lvl is 85.
  • Options
    I just want to be hired on as a forum mod anat. Heard the birds get free crystals for being a forum bird.

@CG_Kozispoon any word on how to get an application?
  • Options

Ftp never spent a penny have cls and would have had thrawn but got sick the days of the event. I never get how people say it's time consuming especially gw I like that it is hard I haven't beaten the last node since they ramped up the difficulty level it make me use strategy move characters around change different ones. Lastly as it pertains to gw get a zeta Finn lead resistance team u will win And before u say it I'm working on mines. Have fun[/quote]

I've spent about $75 in 2 years of playing, I still don't have a gear 12 toon, cls, gk, zeta Finn, resistance teams, I do have good Jedi and rebel teams and Sith teams and haven't beaten gw in a while, and I was beating it consistently for a long time until the unbalanced god-like toons came out. Hardly any ftp players got 7* thrawn or cls, don't try to fool anyone. There are more people in my position. I've seen players with over a dozen gear 12 rosters a week after the gear dropped; they started showing up in gw and arena the day after. But this ain't about who spends or doesn't, it's about fixing what's already in the game instead of dumping more stuff into it that will need fixing too. And before you say "how do you know it will need to be fixed", what have we gotten in the last 2 years that doesn't need to be fixed?
  • Options
    Really have fun u sound like u are not it is just a game.
  • Options
    Staubie12 wrote: »

Ftp never spent a penny have cls and would have had thrawn but got sick the days of the event. I never get how people say it's time consuming especially gw I like that it is hard I haven't beaten the last node since they ramped up the difficulty level it make me use strategy move characters around change different ones. Lastly as it pertains to gw get a zeta Finn lead resistance team u will win And before u say it I'm working on mines. Have fun

I've spent about $75 in 2 years of playing, I still don't have a gear 12 toon, cls, gk, zeta Finn, resistance teams, I do have good Jedi and rebel teams and Sith teams and haven't beaten gw in a while, and I was beating it consistently for a long time until the unbalanced god-like toons came out. Hardly any ftp players got 7* thrawn or cls, don't try to fool anyone. There are more people in my position. I've seen players with over a dozen gear 12 rosters a week after the gear dropped; they started showing up in gw and arena the day after. But this ain't about who spends or doesn't, it's about fixing what's already in the game instead of dumping more stuff into it that will need fixing too. And before you say "how do you know it will need to be fixed", what have we gotten in the last 2 years that doesn't need to be fixed?[/quote]

Spending 75 $ isn’t free to play
  • Options
    I didn't say I was ftp, and $75 over a 2 year period isn't quite a big spender either. Mostly that was spent in the beginning on some packs and crystals
  • Options
    Really have fun u sound like u are not it is just a game.

I have lots of fun in the game, I just don't cry for new content all day long, I would prefer fixing what's here
  • Options
    slamaMC wrote: »
    CG releases no content, everyone complains. CG releases new content, everyone complains.

Says a lot about both the existing and new content, doesn't it?
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    snowhut wrote: »
    CG releases no content, everyone complains. CG releases new content, everyone complains.

They dont want you happy. They want you frustrated enough with the game to spend money.
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    OP hit the nail on the head. Adding new content is fine but then old content needs to be upgraded to go much faster this is a mobile game not some mmo where you have to play it like a second job
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Lol, I just don't see how EA will overlay Territory Wars over TWO different Territory Battles (Light Side & Dark Side). My guess is all three will rotate, which would be fine with me but it also means players would be waiting around 20 days before repeating the same event.

If any of these run concurrently, I just don't see how a guild could do it. Lol, our guild is already overlaying on average 5 raids on top of territory battles and its like non-stop playing when you also factor regular and ship arena and GW.

Lol, then of course there are all these events we have too. Yikes! :s

This is is what ive been guessing. Yes there will be a long time in btwn each one but that would also help keep it fresher. I think thats the only way to do it. Two tb or a tb and a tw at the same time would just be too much.
  • Options
    Zolaz wrote: »

They dont want you happy. They want you frustrated enough with the game to spend money.

Okay this is just silly who the _ _ _ _ get frustrated and spends money? The game is fun gw as told by the developers is designed to be hard the new characters are designed to push people to play more and get this wait for it wait for it. Spend money. People who complain about not having thrawn and cls either wait and get them free or do like those who could not wait pay. Again I'm ftp and I have cls and would have had thrawn if not for a illness. I see a lot of people w thrawn and cls that are ftp.
  • Options

Okay this is just silly who the _ _ _ _ get frustrated and spends money? The game is fun gw as told by the developers is designed to be hard the new characters are designed to push people to play more and get this wait for it wait for it. Spend money. People who complain about not having thrawn and cls either wait and get them free or do like those who could not wait pay. Again I'm ftp and I have cls and would have had thrawn if not for a illness. I see a lot of people w thrawn and cls that are ftp.

Studies show that emotions trigger spending. Frustration is included there. People will get ticked at getting terrible drop rates and spend crystals to refresh to try it again. This is why the RNG in this game is tilted to the extremes. They want to at times make you very excited, and at times frustrate you. It's all in addiction psychology.
  • Options

Release away. But as you release new content, you need to streamline your previously, now boring game content.

I agree. Rancor is a joke. GW is stale and dull (I have Resistance and multiple broken nodes). HAAT is increasingly easy too. TBs are already stale and perfect CMWs fairly straightforward.

I look forward to GvG. I hope they delete boring content when they launch it.

I also hope the 2 day notice before OP heroes model goes away too, unless required heroes are moved off hard node only farms.
  • Options
    Rework Grevious plz and thanks....then add new content eh
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    People continue to complain about GW. There is a very simple solution to never losing war and getting it done in no longer than 15 minutes. Resistance. You don't even need them geared or stared up all the way. A gear 10 resistance team will massacre a full g12 team. I haven't lost a war in a year and a half. Just sayin. Easy.

CG have stated that GW is a test of your whole roster. If the only answer is a single team then GW is not WAI which is why people are complaining.

It's just like how mods aren't viable unless they have speed secondaries. So many different possible combinations and all that matters is one. There's no way that is WAI.

The point is, before they go stuffing new content down our throats it would be nice to address things that aren't WAI, even if there's a workaround such as Resistance for GW.

So ... do you want a solution to your GW difficulties or not? Here you are given a very good team to make things easier for you, but your response is [no, that's not how it's supposed to work?]

The funny thing is that Resistance is not the answer to all your GW troubles. They don't work against QGJ/Yoda with all of their foresight running around mucking it all up. You need another team to take them on (hint: First Order wrecks them). Rex, CLS, GK, Barriss, Kylo all give them a challenge (but mostly fail).

So yes, GW will require that you have more than one squad if you want to finish it consistently. Does that not fall more in line with the intent of that particular holotable?

No. It doesn't. Running the table with one team and having a back up encase you run into a specific unfavourable match up doesn't fit the criteria at all.

So two teams that have a 6 month farm equate to a whole roster? GK and CLS because they're accessible to everyone?

The power calculations used for GW do not accurately reflect the strength of teams anymore. Its even been acknowledged that they use old calculations.

The game has evolved but GW has been left behind unattended and started to rust because of it. By the devs own admission it's running old calculations.

Like I said. It wouldn't hurt to address issues in older content to better reflect how things are now than just consistently releasing new content to divert attention from them.

Likewise with mods.

• Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    For any one complaining about Time consumption:
    9464166e67736a286359175bb0fbde46--hit-the-the-ojays.jpg
    vnbm0.jpgb
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Options

Studies show that emotions trigger spending. Frustration is included there. People will get ticked at getting terrible drop rates and spend crystals to refresh to try it again. This is why the RNG in this game is tilted to the extremes. They want to at times make you very excited, and at times frustrate you. It's all in addiction psychology.

U don't do that as a reaction to frustration u spend because it something u want and more importantly u want it right away. It is not frustration but immediate gratification of the player that they appeal to. I need thrawn right now or or or nothing u can get them later. The game doesn't change if u are bored u are probably thinking u should over power every aspect of the game right away try different teams and really if it not fun well okay u probably know what to do I like it and the new stuff some body once said "Do or do not"
  • Options
    i can't wait to fight against team Instinct LoL
  • Options
    c4isfunk wrote: »

Careful. They will pm the mods and get you booted anat.......lol
  • Options
    Tavanh wrote: »
    My major pain is GW. It continues to get harder as more gear/skills is upgraded. It used to take me 13 minutes to complete GW before G12, now it takes me anywhere between 30-60 minutes to complete it. The other pain having to log on multiple times to complete all challenges. Everything else is a reasonable time sink when you get into the grove of things.

Break gw and it doesn't take as long
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    c4isfunk wrote: »

Careful. They will pm the mods and get you booted anat.......lol

hahahaha
  • Options
    Gear8 phoenix spams through most GW nodes in no time. For the 3 harder ones must have a few geared up teams. I can clear 11 nodes in minutes, I usually don't have time for node 12. I have zFinn and BB8 all 7* resistance but all g8 yet and garbage mods, they do good unless I get bad rng, but they are not yet node12 worthy.
    Oh this is a g v g thread, I thought it was gw, my bad ;)

Gear 8? No time? Cmon bruh
  • Options
    Tman wrote: »
    For any one complaining about Time consumption:
    9464166e67736a286359175bb0fbde46--hit-the-the-ojays.jpg
    vnbm0.jpgb

Or... I can express the complaints of everybody I know personally who is playing.
  • Options
    Not I.
  • raymna
    15 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Game is throwing away newbies.
    Recommending the acquaintances to the game results in them having spent only a few days and quitting.

The territorry battles, which require too many characters,
    have eliminated the possibility of a growing user entering
    a good guild and made a big gap between small guilds and giant guilds.

The problem is that these results are not only for newbies,
    but also for users who have been raised for a long time.

A particular concern is gvg content.
    gvg puts a stress out the guild leader even
    if there is any matching, and stresses the mobile game to the guild members.

The anticipated problem is that, except for some of the top guilds,
    there is stress on the guild competition content.

I hope Territory Battles and GVG content will not let newbies
    get out of the way and make users bear the burden on guilds
    and create more and more guild regulations as guild leaders,
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Release away. But as you release new content, you need to streamline your previously, now boring game content.

Yeah, other games will make the grind more manageable when they raise level caps and such. Here, the grind just gets worse with the gear.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see new content, and this is what a lot of players have been asking for.

Some players feel the game is too much of a time sink, while others want more content. The problem with the new content is that they just increase the grind more with it cause this game relies a ton on frustration spending and that just puts a dampener on it. The gear grind just feels like it gets worse and worse with Carbantis, Stun Cuffs, Guns etc. Characters have no use unless they are geared and starred. They are a business, and we shouldn't have things handed to us, but I feel like the healthy balance this game used to have is a thing of the past.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Matke wrote: »
    You guys that complain that the game is taking too much of your time - have you maybe considered not playing the game that much? Like, don't turn it on? Do something else? Work, play with your kids, paint, run, anything?

God, not that you're imprisoned and forced to play.

Some of the people complaining have visited this site over 4200 times. Maybe they could find time if they played the game instead of spending their time talking about the game in the forums.
  • Options
    I agree 100%.

There is WAY too much that _requires_ full participation already.

THIS IS A MOBILE GAME!!

IF they wanted to make it such a massive and robust game, they should have made it for PC/Consoles.

Stop with the new game modes and please focus on making what there is better.

How about start simplifying existing content? That would be nice.

Let's start with Galactic Chore everyday. How about just give us the three hard nodes and leave it at that?

Then, there is TB... After the first three phases it starts to get really repetitive and boring, tbh. How about get rid of the first 3 phases and just let us do the 3 that matter? Or, because lower gp needs things too, just automagically give all the rewards for the first 3 phases to guilds with massively over the top gp so they can just focus on the last three? Let's face it, there is no way a guild with 100mm gp is going to not get 3* across the board on the first 3 phases.

SIMPLIFY and cut down the time demand. It's getting really really bad.

They do have this on PC.