Territory Battles: Imperial - difficulty feedback

Replies

• Options
    I don’t understand how DS can be too soon when it comes months after LS. There was a lot more time to prepare for DS TB than LS. If you didn’t use that time to do so that’s your own fault. Prioritizing LS was certainly not a dumb choice, but you should have understood the consequences of ignoring DS. We all knew this was coming.

yes but not this early.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Risz wrote: »
    Yesac wrote: »
    This has to be a mistake. I ran a g11, fully modded with ALL zetas FO squad and got destroyed in the 4th wave.

Just how ? Do you have enough speed on FOO ?
    With only PhaZma i finished it quite fast while only loosing FOST

we all know you're 1 helluva player, but considering this is phase 1 with a 2(!)star requirement, don't you find it a bit odd that you lost one of your toons during this phase? (assuming your FO team is all 7*, fully modded and g11+)
    There's a time to boast about your amazing accomplishments, but when it's clearing 4/4 in phase 1 there's probably something wrong.

Hahaha, helluva player doesn't get it.
  • Options
    Yeah that's great but it ignores the fact that there are limited resources available for farming and in order to be successfully in the LS TBs after they were released, many of us had to do quite a bit of farming for the LS TBs leaving very little left for farming DS (especially for F2P players like me) also Lets not ignore the fact that when a product is released broken, which this was, it's very hard to make a good arguement that I was realeased at the right time, clearly it was not, otherwise it would not be broken. That's what beta testing is for. I get that players that prefer dark side are happy to see some DS content but Let's not be ignorant, this was definitely released too soon
  • Options
    These people saying they don't understand the problem because they were able to complete the missions, and telling people they are being unreasonable for expecting to be able to easily complete this phase are hilarious!! This is the 2 STAR PHASE!!!! Of course it should be a cakewalk!! It's not being weak or unprepared to expect that this phase should be easy! It's the first phase! Look at the difficulty scale from phase 1 to phase 6 of LS TBs, and apply that to this. Come back to me when your maxed teams are getting wiped out in the round 1/4 in the upcoming phases lol
  • Options
    before you start attacking me about my lack of DS teams, hear me out.

The difficulty scaled ridiculously quickly in the TB CMs, and yet we arent awarded a decent number of points (a 4/4 completion nets 100k TP). Hence we can't even 6*/6 Phase ONE.

Plus, the difficulty scaling is horrid. In LS Phase One g8-9 can clear the last wave. in DS TB Krennic, Thrawn and Shoretrooper got picked apart.

Please, fix this horrible fiasco of a TB.

Weren’t you the guy that was mocking people for complaining about LS TB?

Hmm.
  • Options
    The other TB still needs fixing too

no it doesnt, WAI. first TB is well thought out, balanced, and good. This fiasco isn't.

I wouldn't call constant crashes during missions wai. Hopefully that's not what they intended
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    The devs are aware of the issue and have posted regarding the difficultly of the Dark Side Territory Battle Combat missions as well as the incorrect points being awarded. You can find the response here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145258/dark-side-territory-battle-difficulty-and-points#latest
  • Options
    IAMGROOT1 wrote: »
    These people saying they don't understand the problem because they were able to complete the missions, and telling people they are being unreasonable for expecting to be able to easily complete this phase are hilarious!! This is the 2 STAR PHASE!!!! Of course it should be a cakewalk!! It's not being weak or unprepared to expect that this phase should be easy! It's the first phase! Look at the difficulty scale from phase 1 to phase 6 of LS TBs, and apply that to this. Come back to me when your maxed teams are getting wiped out in the round 1/4 in the upcoming phases lol

Obviously LS and DS TB are not the same. You can’t just apply the apply the same difficulty scale and go ranting about it. Maybe that will be the case, but it’s really ignorant to complain about the difficulty of something you haven’t even played yet. Let this all play out.
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    Can we please get some consensus on what the difficulty ought to be, other than, "I should be able to do it" or "I did it"?

I suggested that for p1, EA/CG look at the average roster of all players who have just reached level 85, then engineer the difficulty so that at least one DS squad on the average new-Level85 player's roster will be able to achieve full victory on a combat mission.

Just as a guess, since it's much harder to remember where I was in power after a few weeks at level 85, I suggested the difficulty increase from there such that the average roster of someone who has been level 85 for 6 weeks longer than in t he previous phase be able to fully defeat on combat mission.

Averages are just that, but this is something that EA/GG can actually use (even if they reject the specifics in favor of something that better fits their theory of game development, this provides a metric by which one proposal can be compared against another).

So. Is "brand-new level 85" the right difficulty for a mission that requires 2* toons? If not, should it be set at a level lower than 85, or based on 85 plus some number of weeks of further development?

This is strange idea. Difficulty should be based on star/gear lvl and team composition. Also mods. Plus some RNG. That is all.
  • Options
    It's a joke. I could throw any garbage LS toons at any phase 1 battle and come out okay. This is like GW before the last update. Threw a decent zader team at it and got crushed like I was trying for 7* thrawn, which at this point, if you haven't got him, you might as well be prepared to gear Phoenix to 10 and mod them, cuz otherwise this is what your going to get. Easy 3 waves, then go make love to yourself. Really appreciate the QoL updates. They were needed. GW finally being fixed is great. But really? Take one step foward and take two backwards? I would like to think that at this point EA and CG know that the continuation of this game revolves around those that are still playing, not new players. Little things like this will burn players out, like those that focused on ds toons for over a year+, then to have their efforts basically pooped on. Nothing like grinding for 2 years and spending zetas on a faction who is involved in the new movies only to find out they still don't make a difference. Really hope a hotfix comes out for this soon. It's ridiculous. z
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    before you start attacking me about my lack of DS teams, hear me out.

The difficulty scaled ridiculously quickly in the TB CMs, and yet we arent awarded a decent number of points (a 4/4 completion nets 100k TP). Hence we can't even 6*/6 Phase ONE.

Plus, the difficulty scaling is horrid. In LS Phase One g8-9 can clear the last wave. in DS TB Krennic, Thrawn and Shoretrooper got picked apart.

Please, fix this horrible fiasco of a TB.

Weren’t you the guy that was mocking people for complaining about LS TB?

Hmm.

I mocked people for complaining it was too hard for 2* gear 8 units.

My guildmates had a full g11 Sith team and got roflstomped
  • Options

no it doesnt, WAI. first TB is well thought out, balanced, and good. This fiasco isn't.

I wouldn't call constant crashes during missions wai. Hopefully that's not what they intended

I never had a single crash so I dunno how you guys always get it. Either way that's a bug not a design flaw.
  • Options
    Why is phase one of the Dark Side TB extremely hard to beat? There is absolutely no way Phase 1 of anything should be this difficult. I've been playing for 2 years now, and barely managed to score 4/4. Can't imagine how many did not complete them.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    It was waaayyyy to hard
  • Options
    There's already a bunch of threads and the developers are aware, it's supposed to be readjusted for next ds tb
  • Options
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to finally getting the 7th star on rebel officer Leia and cleaning up on guild event tokens this week. Now we're thrown into dark side territory battles and have to wait until whenever to do light side again.

Sorry no way can I focus on farming light side and dark side at the same time for both territory battles even if I buy a couple vaults.

agree.. I was surprised by how unprepared I was. All of my resources have gone towards Phoenix, R1, and paploo... I could barely put together 3 good DS teams. Most of my points are from deploying LS toons.

I'm not even done gearing the LS teams like R1 and phoenix. Now have to gear characters for DS at the same time?

Ok
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Let's remember folks, they are rotating LS and DS TB,

Exactly! Cant we all have a turn? Why does everyone feel they have to succeed 100% at everything? And when they do they complain it's too easy. Just play the game geez.

And rotating is good?

I don't know about you but I don't have enough "good" mods to cover everyone, so I have to swap them around every TB from LS to DS.

And DS is overtuned af you MUST have mods. Even with my "good" mods on I couldn't 4/4 all the battles in the first phase.

On top of those issues there are needed DS characters we have to unlock so less rewards than light side currently for that. It's just too early for this.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    Nice, it's good they listen to the community :)
  • Options
    I have 2.1m GP and i cant go 4/4 in all the rounds in the FIRST phase of ds tb? So not fun
  • Options
    Moved to TB subsection.
  • Krakozyabr
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Its not that early, to be honest. It was coming, everyone knew that and rather than throwing everything on LS we could all split smth to DS.

The problem is different. DS toons are way harder to farm and they are far less in the game.

Want a good DS tank? Hard Nodes
    First order tank? Hard Nodes
    Krenniс? Hard Nodes
    Veers? Hard Nodes
    Nightsisters? Major toons are not even farmable yet
    Darth Vader might be easy for older gamers, but for new ones it is a pain
    2 of the main FOrder toons are in the hard nodes. Well... ok the pilot shows randomly in ships store

In total just for the phase 1 we need 4 decent squads... is LS its ok - lots of packs that have a nice synergies. But in DS its not that easy.

And after that we have 4 waves with 4 elites in the end, all this with the whole meta being LS and extremely underpowered Sith with only Maul and Kylo having a decent zeta...
    Palpatine, one of the most powerful Sith in the universe does not even have a zeta... I know its a game and its not canon, but we have went into the path where r2d2 is more powerful than all Sith Lords in the game and CLS, (btw who was beaten by Vader in the movie) can whipe out the entire DS squad))) that is nonsense...

In general, even gathering a nice Empire squad will require around 2 month at least, even purchasing packs.

To be honest, I saw this as a general "rework" of DS toons... Palpatine is given a zeta and nice unique, Vader which is one of the most beloved characters in Star Wars is reworked to be useful not just in a Rankor raid, some toons moved to Cantina battles, some moved to GW store... that would be promising and everyone would understand "ok, here we go... lots of stuff to farm and explore! Great, new squads, metas, movements on arena"

And finally we have the opposite... an unfarmable by now Nightsister squad that is way OP compared to Sith, Empire, First Order and the whole LS... I will just keep silence about droids... they have gone in nowhere

Sorry for a long speech folks
    Post edited by Krakozyabr on
  • Options
    Just need to add that the result of DS TB for majority of us is a lowered reward from TB is general... and remember we are all in the same boat here
  • Options

I never had a single crash so I dunno how you guys always get it. Either way that's a bug not a design flaw.

I've never had it either but I see at least five of my guild mates say it every day. To say LS TB doesn't need fixing as well is just silly
  • Options
    and it's maybe not even a problem of CG but the mobile brand and os version they use :dizzy:
  • Options
    Just feel like pointing out that y'all are jumping and screaming and we have not seen the whole TB yet, what if it unfolds a little differently then the common assumption is right now? Try thinking outside the box folks.
  • Options
    There's already a bunch of threads and the developers are aware, it's supposed to be readjusted for next ds tb

According to whom? I am so tired of these "accidents." This is intentional. And it's old.
  • Options
    I don't care. We knew this would be hard, as there are not enough DS toons. We will work up to it. TB/TW are endgame content, and in this game you ALWAYS have several conflicting goals to work on. And once you are done with one thing, another pops up.
    Mods are a design flaw in general, but intentional.
    I am a bit annoyed by the difficulty scaling, 3 waves of pop-up ballons, then you get stomped.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • MagatsuKashi
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I am a bit annoyed by the difficulty scaling, 3 waves of pop-up ballons, then you get stomped.

Me too. This is the only thing i need to complain about.
    I don't have a problem DS TB is released now, its nice, i like DS more then LS. But get stomped so hard in the first Phase is just kitten.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Choose what you are going to focus on, as a guild our lot are focused on lightside tb until we are smashing it with dark side tb a much more relaxed affair. Tbh it's nice not to have to herd them all into maxing out score.
    Post edited by Lovimgsaskia1 on
  • Options

I've never had it either but I see at least five of my guild mates say it every day. To say LS TB doesn't need fixing as well is just silly

in this definiton I'm talking about balancing not debugging. I agree the no icon issue does need work but LS TB is balanced.