Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    She’s free. People who pay will get her early—hopefully a few of us that have been trying to prepare in asvance, too—but we’ll get her free the second time around 100%.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    She’s free. People who pay will get her early—hopefully a few of us that have been trying to prepare in asvance, too—but we’ll get her free the second time around 100%.

Well what’s really working for sales now and then- is CLS. As you can see the panic already with the sparse info we have. Ls rey is a perfect way,money wise, to close the year.
    But there is hope! One of the main complaints about CLS (besides arena of course) was gw. GW is a new format now.
  • Options
    (No sub-forum for this as yet)

So here's how I think/hope it might work. Does it feel right, is it acceptable, would people kick up a fuss, would it go down well....????

Tier I Requirements
    3-star or higher characters
    • Rey
    • BB-8

A cut scene precludes the battle depicting BB-8 meeting Rey for the first time.
    Battle 2 waves of First Order troops comprised of FO Stormtrooper, FO Tie Pilot, FO Officer.

Tier II Requirements
    4-star or higher characters and ships
    • Millennium Falcon (Ep VII)
    • Rey
    • Finn

A cut scene precludes the battle depicting Finn joining with Rey and fleeing towards the Millennium Falcon.
    Battle 1 wave of FO Tie Fighters.

Tier III Requirements
    5-star or higher characters
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Veteran Han Solo
    • Veteran Chewbacca

A cut scene precludes the battle depicting Han negotiating with Smugglers.
    Battle 1 wave of Smugglers and 2 waves of Rathtars.

Tier IV Requirements
    6-star or higher character
    • Rey

A cut scene precludes the battle depicting Rey finding Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber in Maz's dungeon, which causes her to have a vision...
    Rey fights Kylo Ren (masked), the vision and encounter ends when his health drops to 25%

Tier V Requirements
    7-star or higher characters
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • BB-8

A cut scene depicts Rey's rescue from the Starkiller base by Finn and the Veterans.
    Our heroes face a Level 90 Gear 13 Kylo Ren (unmasked). Upon conclusion a cut scene depicts Rey meeting Luke Skywalker to hand him his Lightsaber.

The main thing I can't address is that BB-8 shouldn't really be in that final fight, yet, I feel he needs to be made a fundamental 7-star Rey requirement to add a degree of complexity to the unlock, so it's an untidy solution to include him.
  • Options
    7 star vets would most likely be needed for the last tier as well. Your version looks pretty good otherwise.
  • Options
    The Falcon was present for Luke's entire movie journey. The falcon was present in at least one stage of Luke's journey in-game. Yet, it was not required. In fact, no ship has ever been required to unlock any toon in Galaxy of Heroes. Can we please move on from the assumption that the Falcon will be required to unlock the next Rey.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I hope your scenario is the case.... seems fitting based on daily login in rewards that ships will included and rewarded to players that farm this
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think there would also probably be a stage at Maz's Castle...probably in place of the stage with just Rey against UM Kylo. I also think the Falcon stage would be them against stormtroopers and instead of the Falcon it would be BB-8, but that's just me. Otherwise, it looks great!

Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    The Falcon was present for Luke's entire movie journey. The falcon was present in at least one stage of Luke's journey in-game. Yet, it was not required. In fact, no ship has ever been required to unlock any toon in Galaxy of Heroes. Can we please move on from the assumption that the Falcon will be required to unlock the next Rey.

I dont believe the falcon was farmable for Luke’s hero journey. And even if it was, the version we have is clearly meant to be from TFA, not the OT
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget the next to last part of her journey to find Luke. One-on-One fight against Kylo Ren (Unmasked) so he'll probably be needed at 7 star
  • Options
    Won't need the Falcon, you'll need Vets at 7*.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

So by your logic there is no p2p character that has ever been in this game? because eventually they are all free?

Flawed logic my friend. It is exactly this way of thinking is what EA wants so people are fooled into buying these packs.

Just accept this new Rey for now is p2p and get her next time f2p. Its that simple. - which is what you kind of ended up saying in the end.
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Don't forget the next to last part of her journey to find Luke. One-on-One fight against Kylo Ren (Unmasked) so he'll probably be needed at 7 star

Unmasked is a TLJ version of kylo ren and if we fight him why would we need him?
  • Options
    If the new Rey is not a Rebel, she won't be as important as CLS
  • Options

While I would really like to move on from that assumption as well, I think its fair to assume that since it was one of the key points in TFA. I get that the Falcon was present in episode 4, but for one the Falcon is flown by Rey and Finn, and 2 there wouldn't have been an escape from Jakku without it.

There wouldn't have been an escape from the Death Star (the scene where Old Ben sacrifices himself) without it either. It's there, in the cut-scene, but it was not required for the event. I would go as far as to call that precedence. Its just a prop, like the interrogation chair.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

So by your logic there is no p2p character that has ever been in this game? because eventually they are all free?

Flawed logic my friend. It is exactly this way of thinking is what EA wants so people are fooled into buying these packs.

Just accept this new Rey for now is p2p and get her next time f2p. Its that simple. - which is what you kind of ended up saying in the end.

I think the only time there was ever a truly p2p toon was when we had aurodium packs. Yes they became farmable but at the time we didnt know they would. Now we do know that all toons eventually become farmable or that events will come back. Timewall isnt a payway. Just how i look at it.
  • Options
    I would strongly advise to farm the old duo to 7* as it is a hero’s journey based on the CLS event.

For the Falcon ... why not as we didn’t have any for CLS. 7* would be really tough though.

I am sure we will know more with the December content update
  • Options
    u got 3 weeks max to farm vet Han, vet chewy, and Finn. (bb8 event will be back again prior to rays journey since he will be needed) maybe Poe dameron will be needed as well. lukes hero's journey gave us around 2 weeks to farm the required toons. which they received back lash from it. so now u get 3 weeks. LET THE PANIC FARMING BEGIN
  • Options
    It would bei funny if the vets are not needed all those we need 100% the vets would get an **** kick would be funny as hell if she need something unexpected something with raw strengh :smile:
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think it would look more like this:
    Tier I
    Requirements (3-star):
    Rey
    BB-8

Fight Pirates on Jakku
    Tier II
    Requirements (4-star):
    Rey
    BB-8
    Finn

Fight First Order troops on Jakku
    Tier III
    Requirements (5-star):
    Rey
    Finn
    Veteran Han
    Veteran Chewbacca
    BB-8

Fight Smugglers and Rathtars on Han’s Freighter
    Tier IV
    Requirements (6-star):
    Rey
    Finn
    Veteran Han
    Veteran Chewbacca

Fight First Order at Maz’s Castle
    Tier V
    Requirements (7-star)
    Finn
    Rey

Fight Kylo Ren in phase one and Kylo Unmasked in phase two
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »

Unmasked is a TLJ version of kylo ren and if we fight him why would we need him?

Good point. Disregard my comment
  • Options
    Tier I
    Requirements (3-star):
    Rey
    BB-8

Fight Pirates on Jakku
    Tier II
    Requirements (4-star):
    Rey
    BB-8
    Finn

Tier III
    Requirements (5-star):
    Rey
    Finn
    Veteran Han
    Veteran Chewbacca

Fight Smugglers on Han’s Freighter
    Tier IV
    Requirements (6-star):
    Rey
    Finn
    Veteran Han
    Veteran Chewbacca

Tier V
    Requirements (7-star)
    Finn
    Rey

Throw in the rathtars as an enemy and BB8 as an ally on phase 3 and its pretty much exactly what I expect.
  • Options
    Tier I
    Requirements (3-star):
    Rey
    BB-8

Fight Pirates on Jakku
    Tier II
    Requirements (4-star):
    Rey
    BB-8
    Finn

Tier III
    Requirements (5-star):
    Rey
    Finn
    Veteran Han
    Veteran Chewbacca

Fight Smugglers on Han’s Freighter
    Tier IV
    Requirements (6-star):
    Rey
    Finn
    Veteran Han
    Veteran Chewbacca

Tier V
    Requirements (7-star)
    Finn
    Rey

Throw in the rathtars as an enemy and BB8 as an ally on phase 3 and its pretty much exactly what I expect.

Fixed
  • Options
    They have said that all you need to "participate" is Scavenger Rey. So more than likely BB8 will not be in tier 1. He'll probably be introduced in tier 2.
  • Options
    If the Millenium Falcon would be needed that would be shameful... and how would they even put it in any tier?
    Fight with the falcon alone against FO tiefighters?
    If so then lets put in a 7* star Poe ship and Resistance X-wing requirement too!!!
    I would quit the game if the falcon is needed (4*) , even the Vets at 7* would be ok completely, but not the falcon!
  • Options
    Tier 1 Rey by herself saving bb8
    Tier 2 Finn Rey bb8 vs FO on Jakku
    Tier 3 the whole gang on the ship vs the pirates
    Tier 4 maz castle vs fo
    Tier 5 Rey vs first order escaping the cell
    Tier 6 the whole gang on starkiller
    Tier 7 Finn and Rey vs Kylo
  • Options
    drago6 wrote: »
    u got 3 weeks max to farm vet Han, vet chewy, and Finn. (bb8 event will be back again prior to rays journey since he will be needed) maybe Poe dameron will be needed as well. lukes hero's journey gave us around 2 weeks to farm the required toons. which they received back lash from it. so now u get 3 weeks. LET THE PANIC FARMING BEGIN

For CLS we knew the full requirements 2 weeks before they dropped the event. Currently its 2,5 weeks until Dec 15th and if they do as announced the event will run in parallel with the movie.

Until now there is now official statement that vets + BB + Finn would be needed for her, so your point with 3 weeks is unfortunately not valid. It will most probably be the same like for CLS meaning that we have 2 weeks of preparation
  • Options
    Really love to see these kind of speculation threads bc we are getting close to the two week border. Lets see if they announce something this week. Looking forward to it and still hoping vets will not be required (at least not at 7*)
  • Options
    DBane wrote: »

For CLS we knew the full requirements 2 weeks before they dropped the event. Currently its 2,5 weeks until Dec 15th and if they do as announced the event will run in parallel with the movie.

Until now there is now official statement that vets + BB + Finn would be needed for her, so your point with 3 weeks is unfortunately not valid. It will most probably be the same like for CLS meaning that we have 2 weeks of preparation
    Haha you know it’s bad when people are flipping out about BB8 and we have no other info. Just because we all just assume the worst.
  • Options

Haha you know it’s bad when people are flipping out about BB8 and we have no other info. Just because we all just assume the worst.
    giphy.gif
    Its what we do.
  • Options
    Really love to see these kind of speculation threads bc we are getting close to the two week border. Lets see if they announce something this week. Looking forward to it and still hoping vets will not be required (at least not at 7*)

I’m less concerned about guessing correctly and more interested in what the community might stomach / what they’d be prepared for or outraged by in terms of requisites.
    We couldn’t have had the Falcon in Luke’s journey since we don’t yet have Original Chewbacca to co-pilot it, and just dumping a new character and ship into the game probably requires a fair bit of prep time which they didn’t likely have. Whereas we already have the ship and characters for the Ep VII version so why not. But what’s interesting is to learn to what degree, if at all, people have unlocked it and increased its star rating, likewise with the vets.
    If the vets are needed, at any star level, I expect the forums to be split between those with pitchforks out for CG saying “why didn’t you give us more warning” and those who’ve observed this game over a period of time saying “Er, the writing was on the wall tbh...”
    But a thread like this might just tease out some reactions to give them a clue as to what we’re prepared to accept without blowing a gasket.
This discussion has been closed.