Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Also bear in mind you will be very light on scoundrels so will be unable to do credit heists. I assume,e you are in a guild. If so pick one and farm them from the guild store as it is a source you are not farming phoenix from.

Just after checking this bit. You need three scoundrels for the first tier of credit heist. I think you only have Chewie at the moment. I'm not sure what to reccomend.

I would reccomend Dengar as he is the easiest to pick up in the guild store without disrupting other farming. Not sure where else you can pick another scoundrel up without disrupting other stuff.

What about Boba Fett? I was working on him already because of the original guide.
  • Bartrollomeo1
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Azeotrope Boba is fine, you will be getting him for ship for zeta challenge anyway. You can stop just stop Chopper at 5*, get Boba unlocked, then continue to farm Chopper.
    Same goes for Jarrus and STH.
    I would also slip Lando in after Ezra is 7* and Hera is 5*. Just unlocks.
    For heist you don't need them starred, just geared and unlocked. You will later get them to 5* to get that critical mod challenge done.

@wawrzon Baze dropped from Guild Events, a couple of other stuff added (like Scmitar, nice place to get it if you are close to unlock/starr).
    Post edited by Bartrollomeo1 on
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »

What about Boba Fett? I was working on him already because of the original guide.

Boba is according to all the guides one of the best scoundrels for credit heist. I was thinking in terms of not disrupting anything else.
  • Options
    Also bear in mind you will be very light on scoundrels so will be unable to do credit heists. I assume,e you are in a guild. If so pick one and farm them from the guild store as it is a source you are not farming phoenix from.

Just after checking this bit. You need three scoundrels for the first tier of credit heist. I think you only have Chewie at the moment. I'm not sure what to reccomend.

I would reccomend Dengar as he is the easiest to pick up in the guild store without disrupting other farming. Not sure where else you can pick another scoundrel up without disrupting other stuff.

All scoundrels needed for Credit Heist/ Training droid challenges were mentioned in guide - Chewie, Lando, STH, Boba are a must since they are useful or easy to get in early/mid game. As was mentioned - you need them 5* at 70lvl. Dengar is very good, but Zam Wessel is better if you want a fast farm - she can be bough from guild store and fleet store.

@wawrzon Baze dropped from Guild Events, a couple of other stuff added (like Scmitar, nice place to get it if you are close to unlock/starr).

Read about it and I know what to add there, but wanted to get info on guild shards, so I can put all in with one edit. But probably it won't happen that fast.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    All scoundrels needed for Credit Heist/ Training droid challenges were mentioned in guide - Chewie, Lando, STH, Boba are a must since they are useful or easy to get in early/mid game. As was mentioned - you need them 5* at 70lvl. Dengar is very good, but Zam Wessel is better if you want a fast farm - she can be bough from guild store and fleet store.
    If you are focusing on Phoenix then Dengar/Zam Wessel are the ones you can get without disturbing phoenix at all. The lower tier credit heists can be done eadily enough by any scoundrel you can get your hands on as long as you have 3. While the rewards aren't as good it is a start gaining credits.

By the way any new player going into a shard needs to know that there will be a bunch of 7 star Rey at the moment with the Google play promotion. 15 in the top 50 in my shard (the newest). While she doesn't have good synergy with many teams she is used in a 7 star is annoying to fight. It also will mean that these players get a leg up getting guild currency on you.
    Post edited by Naraic on
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If you are focusing on Phoenix then Dengar/Zam Wessel are the ones you can get without disturbing phoenix at all. The lower tier credit heists can be done eadily enough by any scoundrel you can get your hands on as long as you have 3. While the rewards aren't as good it is a start gaining credits.

By the way any new player going into a shard needs to know that there will be a bunch of 7 star Rey at the moment with the Google play promotion. 15 in the top 50 in my shard (the newest). While she doesn't have good synergy with many teams she is used in a 7 star is annoying to fight. It also will mean that these players get a leg up getting guild currency on you.

If you follow the guide there is no need to farm Dengar and Zam, idk where did you get that presumption from. Either way, this guide contains guidelines, not a full proof walkthrough. If you aren't getting good results in both arenas and can't refresh energy, then you will face some tough choices. If you will only focus on achieving short term goals you will fall behind later on. Either way, you should choose what to do for yourself. Dengar or Zam are a viable option since they can be used in DS TB later on.
    F2p users will always have problems against dolphins/whales, even more at start, but it will get gradualy easier. You just need to be patient and invest some thought in what you do, as well as be active near arena payouts.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Bear in mind that once you get to level 50 a lot of people who adapt to mods well will shoot up the ranking. I guess you either wanna be there first or be smarter in how you do mods.

I just hit level 50 yesterday and so did a lot of people in my shard. There are a lot of new names in the top 10 arena.
  • Options
    Bear in mind that once you get to level 50 a lot of people who adapt to mods well will shoot up the ranking. I guess you either wanna be there first or be smarter in how you do mods.

I just hit level 50 yesterday and so did a lot of people in my shard. There are a lot of new names in the top 10 arena.

Good point. WIll add something after new update is live since we now know a thing or two about new Rey. Still waiting on some insight regarding gameplay in early-mid game to add to this guide. Comment away.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Good point. WIll add something after new update is live since we now know a thing or two about new Rey. Still waiting on some insight regarding gameplay in early-mid game to add to this guide. Comment away.

Just an idea for easy synergy for a b squad in galactic war. I don't invest in it other than throwing spare gear and ability mats at it before other random combinations but it's worth bearing in mind.

You get 4 star Tarkin free shortly after level 40. Tie fighter pilot shortly after that. Snow trooper and Royal Guard is free early on. Snow troopers unique buff imperial allies with crit chance and tarkin's leader ability boosts imperial allies too. Then a little after level 50 you will get enough achievements done that Vader should unlock. That's 5/5 free empire characters and a decent team.

It's nothing amazing just free and easy synergy for when you need a squad on galactic war bit it's worth bearing in mind.
  • Options
    So I just made an alt account it's level 41. Started with chimwi.i got hera2*.ezra3*kannin 2*zeb2*chimwi3*. I also farmed Asoka from cantina first because I'm going to max her after boba and figured she'd help me early in fleet so extra gear will go to her. Id like to go with a wedge (L) Biggs sth leia old ben team. It's a low requirement team that is still a top 10 team on my level 80 alt accounts shard. So I think I'm going to 7* old ben 7* Biggs save rest for fleet. Grind boba after I unlock chopper. After boba I'm gonna max Asoka for her ship. Max sth then Leia. Then at 60 start farming wedge in fleet shop. My fleet I'm going to focus will be tfp.fotfp.dv.boba.asoka.jc.biggs.wedge. these ships will be my primary. After Leia I'll max GMT. Probably.
  • Options
    @Reaveroni
    i like your arena suggestion and i'm going to try a similar approach on my new account soon. nevertheless, i got some questions:
    1. wouldn't it be better to max asoka>boba? (Boba isn't in your squad and Slave1 for fleet arena is a hard farm. Credit Heist can be done with 5* at the beginning, although you lack additional scoundrels.)
    2. so you say, that you want to do a Wedge (L) rebel squad. why do you use phoenix then? at first it seems like a waste of resources if you do both.

I'm still new to the game, am i missing something?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    @Reaveroni
    i like your arena suggestion and i'm going to try a similar approach on my new account soon. nevertheless, i got some questions:
    1. wouldn't it be better to max asoka>boba? (Boba isn't in your squad and Slave1 for fleet arena is a hard farm. Credit Heist can be done with 5* at the beginning, although you lack additional scoundrels.)
    2. so you say, that you want to do a Wedge (L) rebel squad. why do you use phoenix then? at first it seems like a waste of resources if you do both.

Not sure the reasoning on point 1.

I'm guessing point 2 is because All Of phoenix except for Hera can fit into a rebels team if you want it to (they are rebels) and are easily accessible.

What's more Phoenix is a crazily amazing team for galactic war (I know that's easier than it was at the moment but I run Phoenix and so far I haven't failed to finish it once and only twice have I had to use more than two teams to finish galactic war even when I'm put up against level 60 teams).

• Options
    Reaveroni wrote: »
    So I just made an alt account it's level 41. Started with chimwi.i got hera2*.ezra3*kannin 2*zeb2*chimwi3*. I also farmed Asoka from cantina first because I'm going to max her after boba and figured she'd help me early in fleet so extra gear will go to her. Id like to go with a wedge (L) Biggs sth leia old ben team. It's a low requirement team that is still a top 10 team on my level 80 alt accounts shard. So I think I'm going to 7* old ben 7* Biggs save rest for fleet. Grind boba after I unlock chopper. After boba I'm gonna max Asoka for her ship. Max sth then Leia. Then at 60 start farming wedge in fleet shop. My fleet I'm going to focus will be tfp.fotfp.dv.boba.asoka.jc.biggs.wedge. these ships will be my primary. After Leia I'll max GMT. Probably.

Your reasoning is sound, but it's pointless to farm Phoenix squad if you taht route. If you want to , pls reffer to previous iteration of this guide, writtem by RAW - it's much more compelling to what your aim is.
    @Reaveroni

1. Getting both to 5* is a must, after that it's up to you which is more important - Boba if you want to add him to arena or Ahsoka if you prefer going more towards ships.
    2. Yes, it's a waste.
  • Options
    The reason u spend 2-3 days unlocking pheonix is because they nearly ensure that you will finish Biggs pre level 60 and you can save the get shards for fleet or up Zeb. So farm I've unlocked all of pheonix except sabine. I also have unlocked Asoka. I'm half way done with lando. I'm picking up boba first because until I can gear Leia I will need him. So I'm working on this team. Lando (L). biggs.sth.old ben.boba. as soon as Leia is geared she will switch in for boba and I will have a solid ship. As soon as wedge is ready he will switch in for lando. I'm going to leave lando at 4* and gear him till I can get wedge. After lando is unlocked I'm going to unlock and max old ben. After old ben if I'm not 69 yet I will do one of the following. Max tfp for fleet. Grind mods. (Pretty sure I'm going to spend a couple levels at 50 grinding mods.
  • Reaveroni
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Pheonix at 2-3* can clear gw for a while 10+ levels which I'm banking on instead of trying to run a 2-3 star rebel team. At this point sth wouldn't be available. I'd be able 7/10th the way done with boba. So I'd be running lando4*(L) biggs2*.jc3*.chewbacca4* and maybe kylo ren4*? But this doesn't gaurentee 15 gw shards a day like pheonix basically does.
  • Options
    Reaveroni wrote: »
    Pheonix at 2-3* can clear gw for a while 10+ levels which I'm banking on instead of trying to run a 2-3 star rebel team. At this point sth wouldn't be available. I'd be able 7/10th the way done with boba. So I'd be running lando4*(L) biggs2*.jc3*.chewbacca4* and maybe kylo ren4*? But this doesn't gaurentee 15 gw shards a day like pheonix basically does.

Sounds like a plan, so go for it. Nice that you have a goal and a clear path for it.
    The idea of getting Phoenix first is to access Palpatine/Thrawn/R2 legendary events early on. They will come in january and february. You should take that into account and do the math.
  • Options
    Yes but neither are going to go into my pre 85 game plan. At level 80 I'll be running Wedge lead. Biggs sth old ben and leia. A very hard hitting team. After there maxed I'll get jawas to 5* go with crit damage mods and focus speed of course. Should hold me till post 85 and I will finish off my thrawn and r2 at 7* and gear at that point. I'll keep ya posted see if it works.
  • Options
    This guide let’s you transition from phoenix squad into traditional Rebels lead by Wiggs (Wedge and Biggs) or Rex. Ezra, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Han, Lando, Leia or Chaze (Chirrut + Baze) can be easily beat any team in arena.

So there are more than five people listed here. What would be the best team to go for after Phoenix? I have been following this guide and currently have Ezra 5*, and the rest at 4* (Kanan, Hera, Chopper, Zeb).

I pulled Chirrut for my first chromium. So what five should I aim for to be my follow up team in arena after Phoenix start to drop off?
  • Notorious
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Now that they have removed Baze from the Guild Event Store, how would you change the guide? I would think that Baze and Chirrut are no longer good starters since Baze can only be farmed from a single 20 energy hard node. Would Rex be the best starter now? And what would you prioritize farming from the Guild Events Store based on the list in the link below?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1379720#Comment_1379720

Edit: This is the new list for the Guild Store
    https://i.redditmedia.com/5zMm-4_UF0iUyGuQ5DyGGMDrW3t0XctiqPTescOJVu4.png?w=976&s=cede4f40f7857d4f473858e445f87e2f
    Post edited by Notorious on
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This guide let’s you transition from phoenix squad into traditional Rebels lead by Wiggs (Wedge and Biggs) or Rex. Ezra, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Han, Lando, Leia or Chaze (Chirrut + Baze) can be easily beat any team in arena.

So there are more than five people listed here. What would be the best team to go for after Phoenix? I have been following this guide and currently have Ezra 5*, and the rest at 4* (Kanan, Hera, Chopper, Zeb).

I pulled Chirrut for my first chromium. So what five should I aim for to be my follow up team in arena after Phoenix start to drop off?

Here is what I'm planning on
    Firstly Wiggs & Lando to transition into. Wiggs because they are awesome and biggs is awesome pilot too. Lando will be needed for credit heist so he will be worked on. Ezra will be kept since he is a rebel and the offense bonus from Wedge leadership will help him. Chaze is no longer viable because Baze is no longer easily farmable. That means i need a tank and in rebels you are limited to Storm Trooper Han or Old Ben and STH is easier to get since I already have two cantina nodes committed to phoenix plus lando and tie fighter pilot need love too.

You will need both anyway for the cls event eventually.
  • Options

To start off I have to inform you that every rebel mentioned here (sth excluded) needs crit dmg/crit chance mod sets with crit dmg triangle. Until you get them, you won't be able to get full potential out of them.
    When it comes to best teams - it's all a matter of opponent teams you face and how many whales (with great mods) are there in your shard.
    There are 3 teams with greatest potential:
    1. Rex (L), STH, Boba, Wiggs - best overall team and accessible fairly quick (apart from Wedge, but you can use Ezra) - it has mediocre dps output, but can deal with any team you encounter in mid game. In nullifies whale opponent advantage when it comes to unit strength and better speed mods. Ideally STH or Boba should go first. As a side note I can say that I use almost the same team till now (you can check on my profile) - I still get top5 spots in my arena and can beat any meta team currently in game. It's a tactical team so it's not as good on defense.
    2. Ackbar (L), STH, Ezra, Leia, Chirrut - a team with high speed and a lot of assists from Ackbar leader ability. Ezra + Leia are a great combo together. Chirrut provides survivability and most importantly tenacity up. This is a high dps team. Same as above, best if STH taunts first. Harder to get, because Leia and STH are in same store.
    3. Wedge (L), Biggs, STH, Ezra, Chirrut/Lando/Boba - Similar to above team - strong on offense - easily obtainable characters. Highly dependable on crit chance.
    If opponent doesn't have countering units like Sun Fac or phoenix squad then it's good to use Lando (L), Boba, STH, Biggs, Wedge/Chirrut - this team can help you kill units hiding behind pretaunters or in steath (Nightsisters).
    All in all, there isn't a clear cut best team that is easily accessible for F2P players in mid game, so you have to improvise. Which team is best for you depends of how well you fare in both arenas since those extra crystals and currency will speed up your progress.
    All units mentioned in this list are actually interchangeable, so experiment and choose which are best for you. Remember that your performance will be highly dependable on mods.
  • Options

Here is what I'm planning on
    Firstly Wiggs & Lando to transition into. Wiggs because they are awesome and biggs is awesome pilot too. Lando will be needed for credit heist so he will be worked on. Ezra will be kept since he is a rebel and the offense bonus from Wedge leadership will help him. Chaze is no longer viable because Baze is no longer easily farmable. That means i need a tank and in rebels you are limited to Storm Trooper Han or Old Ben and STH is easier to get since I already have two cantina nodes committed to phoenix plus lando and tie fighter pilot need love too.

You will need both anyway for the cls event eventually.

I have to disagree about Chaze. If you got Baze from initial chromium pull then he is still much better to use than STH or Old Ben. A rule that only applies to tanks - gear level is much more important than star level. Even a 3* Baze at g9 with Chirrut behind him can hold his own. If you can spend 1,5k on his shards in shipments to get him to 4*, then he can easily be your best tank till 85lvl. Many ppl did just that before he was farmable in hard node and it paid off for them.
  • Options
    What's the importance of the hoth rebel scout and fives in the cantina rewards?
    Shouldn't qui gon, first order officer, and Poe be better farms for Jedi, first order, and resistance?
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    What's the importance of the hoth rebel scout and fives in the cantina rewards?
    Shouldn't qui gon, first order officer, and Poe be better farms for Jedi, first order, and resistance?

Scout unlocks extra battles for Territory Battles - he doesn't need to be well geared, just properly starred - you need him at 6* (but not right away). You can judge for yourself how you want ot progress once you hit 65lvl and TB becomes available.
    Fives is a cornerstone in Mace Windu lead fleet as well as a staple in a TL fleet with TIE fighters and Biggs. He isn't easy to gear so he isn't very high on this list.
    QGJ is currently useless. You can get enough jedi from other facets of the game for Yoda and mod challenges. He isn't anywhere near meta in arena, not used in Territory Battles or even Wars. He should be farmed, but somewhere along the way.
    FOO - can be farmed later in the game as well. To get a full FO team for challenges and legendary event will take time - FO Stormtrooper and FO TIE Pilot, are a very slow farm. Phasma is lower in the pecking order of units to get from GW store as well. FO as a faction don't excell anywhere in the game, so there is no rush to get them.
    Poe - best choice to farm as Resistance are very strong in PvE. However our main focus are both arenas for the time being. How well you fare there will determine how fast you can get Resistance team, since it all comes down to how many cantina refreshes you do on a daily basis (both Poe and Finn are in cantina).
    I have to stress again - don't overfarm unit shards from the get go. For units to be useful, they need to be properly geared. From experience - being f2p - I still have a lot of full units (330 shards) that await unlocking, since I don't have resources to gear them. All in all - you want every unit from stores, but it's up to you when to get them.
  • Options
    I was thinking that Baze would still be a tier 1 starter for those who already have 7* Rey from the Google Play promotion. You would farm Luke early, no need to farm Rey, then you can move into Rex. It doesn't change the fact that Baze is now 60 energy per shard, but as was mentioned above tanks are heavily gear dependent.

• Kropizio
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    So i missed this guide and i was playing the way you said in your first one.... farming rebels/scoundrels as first.... im level 49 , what i should do ? Stop and get phoenix or keep playing like you say in the other guide?
    @wawrzon
    my account is this one
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kropizio/
  • Options
    Notorious wrote: »
    Now that they have removed Baze from the Guild Event Store, how would you change the guide? I would think that Baze and Chirrut are no longer good starters since Baze can only be farmed from a single 20 energy hard node. Would Rex be the best starter now? And what would you prioritize farming from the Guild Events Store based on the list in the link below?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1379720#Comment_1379720

https://i.redditmedia.com/5zMm-4_UF0iUyGuQ5DyGGMDrW3t0XctiqPTescOJVu4.png?w=976&s=cede4f40f7857d4f473858e445f87e2f

Updated guide. Will tweak it later on, but we need mroe data on what to do and how TW/DS TB will be adjusted in future updates.
    Kropizio wrote: »
    So i missed this guide and i was playing the way you said in your first one.... farming rebels/scoundrels as first.... im level 49 , what i should do ? Stop and get phoenix or keep playing like you say in the other guide?
    @wawrzon
    my account is this one

I helped in creating first drafts of previous guide, didn't follow up on it, but from my understanding it's very similar - justless effective than this one, since you will have to farm phoenix squad eventually.
    Main idea of this guide is to get good results in both arenas. Without it - this guide falls apart, because you lack crystals for extra refreshes. As you are now you should try to tweak your arena team to get higher ranking - at 50lvl mods unlock, so farm them for your team. Switching to phoenix isn't such a good idea since it would set you back even more. Get Ackbar and Boba up - focus your progress on previous guide, but get farming advices from this one - to navigate through current content.
  • Options

Updated guide. Will tweak it later on, but we need mroe data on what to do and how TW/DS TB will be adjusted in future updates.
    Kropizio wrote: »
    @wawrzon
    my account is this one

I helped in creating first drafts of previous guide, didn't follow up on it, but from my understanding it's very similar - justless effective than this one, since you will have to farm phoenix squad eventually.
    Main idea of this guide is to get good results in both arenas. Without it - this guide falls apart, because you lack crystals for extra refreshes. As you are now you should try to tweak your arena team to get higher ranking - at 50lvl mods unlock, so farm them for your team. Switching to phoenix isn't such a good idea since it would set you back even more. Get Ackbar and Boba up - focus your progress on previous guide, but get farming advices from this one - to navigate through current content.

I too want to see how the other stores are adjusted.

Currently I have three accounts primed and ready to go: Baze, Rex, and Lando. I have the Google Play promotion for 7* Rey. I might just hold off on popping one of these accounts until the last minute. I believe the last day to use the promo is January 31st.

How would you proceed if you were in my position?
  • Options

Currently I have three accounts primed and ready to go: Baze, Rex, and Lando. I have the Google Play promotion for 7* Rey. I might just hold off on popping one of these accounts until the last minute. I believe the last day to use the promo is January 31st.

I wouldn't wait that long. We will get a bonus starting tomorrow - for TLJ release and probably smth for xmas or new year. That's a bit to miss on going forward, especially if we'll get double drops. Take into account that game mightchange a bit with new units released in the future. So there won't be any "great" time to join the game, you will always have to adjust.
    Overall I would start after today's update.
    When it comes to units I would still probably go with Baze. He is just that good. Even though you will start with Phoenix, he can still be slotted in until you get Zeb and he will do a great job. Even later on he can be slotted for specific matchups, like Maul, NS or Chaze counterparts.
    Even with 3-4* stars, but high gear, he can be viable till 85lvl (I saw myself how it works). Rex and Lando can be farmed from multiple stores or nodes, so you can catch up on them. A team of Ackbar, Ezra, Leia, Baze and (Chirrut/Biggs) seems like a nice transition. You wouldn't need to invest so heavily into STH with Baze around.
    And who knos, maybe his shards will be available soon in some store.
    Either way, you can't go wrong with any of these starting characters. I would suggest starting soon, since we will get some good bonuses next 2-3 weeks. ON a side note - we will probably be getting R2 event at start of february and Thrawn afterwards, so you might make it in time to get both to at least 5* which would increase your arena potential greatly. These events occur every 3-4 months, so you will be missing out on them if you start late.
  • Options

I wouldn't wait that long. We will get a bonus starting tomorrow - for TLJ release and probably smth for xmas or new year. That's a bit to miss on going forward, especially if we'll get double drops. Take into account that game mightchange a bit with new units released in the future. So there won't be any "great" time to join the game, you will always have to adjust.
    Overall I would start after today's update.
    When it comes to units I would still probably go with Baze. He is just that good. Even though you will start with Phoenix, he can still be slotted in until you get Zeb and he will do a great job. Even later on he can be slotted for specific matchups, like Maul, NS or Chaze counterparts.
    Even with 3-4* stars, but high gear, he can be viable till 85lvl (I saw myself how it works). Rex and Lando can be farmed from multiple stores or nodes, so you can catch up on them. A team of Ackbar, Ezra, Leia, Baze and (Chirrut/Biggs) seems like a nice transition. You wouldn't need to invest so heavily into STH with Baze around.
    And who knos, maybe his shards will be available soon in some store.
    Either way, you can't go wrong with any of these starting characters. I would suggest starting soon, since we will get some good bonuses next 2-3 weeks. ON a side note - we will probably be getting R2 event at start of february and Thrawn afterwards, so you might make it in time to get both to at least 5* which would increase your arena potential greatly. These events occur every 3-4 months, so you will be missing out on them if you start late.

Ok thanks. That all sounds like a solid plan. I was holding out because I figured that since I was starting late my shard mates would also be starting late. But the whales would get a bigger jump on me with these events coming up since they would be able to do them at short notice while I would have to wait for the next go in a few months time.