Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve lost track of time—were Holdo and Rose released after the Executioner?

Are they the next characters scheduled to be farmable?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    You just dont want people progressing faster than you...

Don't be silly.

Way to address the fact that you havent done a heroic sith raid and therefore cannot comment and what rewards are deserving...

I haven't done a heroic sith raid but it's irrelevant, because I can comment on overreactions and impatience quite reasonably, thank you very much.

There might be some "over reactions", but the sentiment stands true. There's no denying these rewards are lack luster in Comparison to prior.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I like how that one guy is ok with the change to the thing he doesn't do, but knows what's best for the other guys who do do the thing.

I never said I'm ok with the change. I swear no one here knows how to read.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Time for a complete reversal of "The Flattening" and 5k crystals to the inbox. That would make it right in my mind.
  • Options
    Here is a picture of the rewards from the old system in 44th:

Heroes_2018-04-04-18-44-38.png

2 full drops which is amazing, new box gives 36 total salvage, that’s it, with what seems like a very reduced chance at a full drop.

And here is another example, old rewards for finishing 36, that DOES NOT INCLUDE FULL DROP.

image.png

Had a total of 46 salvage drop, so even in the middle ranks of the old system, without having a full drop, we still got BETTER LOOT!

• Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Well, since it's been 2 hours, and devs still haven't issued a response, it's obvious that the HUGE nerf to Sith Raid rewards was something they fully intended.

Lol.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1519423#Comment_1519423
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hey guys - we are looking into this right now. Response from someone on the team incoming.

This is what I mean when I talk about ridiculous overreactions.

That's not a real response (though it is most certainly better than the silence of the past).
    If this was a bug (T6 gear rewards were accidentally pushed to T7) than they would have simply said so. Their silence means they somehow though the playerbase would be okay getting significantly less rewards for the HSith, and now they're meeting trying to figure out how they can salvage this crapshow.

Or they are looking at the code to determine what is actually occurring. This can take time, so by stating that they are investigating, they are potentially putting forth the most accurate information. In other words, they may know the results are wrong, but not why.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I'm done responding to this thread. Enjoy your rage. I have nothing against people doing hSTR but I kinda now hope they just keep the nerfed rewards for only the people who can't wait one hour for a response lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Krayt337 wrote: »
    If they don’t fix this many top end players will quit, just like after the mod debacle.

I'll be happy to take their newly vacant spots at the top of arena. People are looking at raw numbers and ignoring how bad it felt to get ONLY useless challenge gear. They have eliminated all of the dregs other than Carbantis, so ALL of it is useful now, and we get currency to farm the specific gear we need. Also huge generosity on two of the newly farmable characters being put in easy cantina nodes. Need more data samples before rage can be initiated.

So far I'm happy with everything other than the removal of resistance from the Seperatists, which was clearly just a 'well kitten, everyone with JTR teams will just clear the mythic tier on auto... so let's cut seperatists and give them one of the most neglected factions to dump gear and mods into so they can pop their mythic achievo.' I wish they had just called a horse a horse and wanted to remove resistance because it creates a difficulty divide between the 'Have JTRs' and the 'Have nots.'

People really need to stop falsely claiming that there will be 'no reason to farm it after getting Treya' - yeah how many guilds don't run Rancor anymore just because those rewards are lackluster and there's 'no reason to farm it since everyone has GK?' Your illogical exaggeration only makes your arguments and attacks on the devs even less credible. Guilds would still farm it if it only gave 100k credits and shard shop currency; you just sound ungrateful like a child complaining about a new pair of Jordans because they 'aren't Gucci.'
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @TVF So what exactly is your thought process? What used to drop over FIFTEEN pieces of gear (statistically with a guaranteed chance for at LEAST one full G12 piece) now drops 4, with a CHANCE at a full drop.
    What are you seeing here? They would have to slash store prices by 90% to make up for the loss in gear, and they're claiming that these new rewards are better now.

My thought process is maybe you shouldn't be guaranteed a full G12 piece almost every raid and maybe they fixed it.

Who knows though, she said they're looking into it, but that's not good enough for you.

@TVF I thought the full G12 pieces that were dropping were too good to be true. But why not come out and say that instead of trying to spout some kitten about how players "may see lower drop rates".

What response could they possibly come up with that justifies us all just lying down and accepting these nerfs?
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Lmao at the noobs that aren't doing heroic plus don't know what it takes to both complete it/score high in it. And havent seen or experienced the rewards. Somehow they're experts on patience and understanding. It boggles the mind. I really thought the raid was worth the hours I put into it just for the gear rewards.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    Well, since it's been 2 hours, and devs still haven't issued a response, it's obvious that the HUGE nerf to Sith Raid rewards was something they fully intended.

Lol.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1519423#Comment_1519423
    Hey guys - we are looking into this right now. Response from someone on the team incoming.

That's not a real response (though it is most certainly better than the silence of the past).
    If this was a bug (T6 gear rewards were accidentally pushed to T7) than they would have simply said so. Their silence means they somehow though the playerbase would be okay getting significantly less rewards for the HSith, and now they're meeting trying to figure out how they can salvage this crapshow.

Or they are looking at the code to determine what is actually occurring. This can take time, so by stating that they are investigating, they are potentially putting forth the most accurate information. In other words, they may know the results are wrong, but not why.

CG doesn't prepare their own code. This was an expected outcome.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a job where they could consistently perform this poorly, make this many sizable mistakes, had to spend this much time on corrections, and consistently angered your customers? Would you wonder about your boss if they didn’t fire you?

asking for a friend…

Welcome to the wonderful world of enterpise level software development.
  • Options

Lol.

You sure know everything about what is going on, don't you?

I thought you did, since you're telling everyone there's not even the slightest reason to be upset about these changes.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Lol.

CG doesn't prepare their own code. This was an expected outcome.

If it is offshored, quality of code would indeed be lower. Not sure if that is the point you are making. They would still need time to delve into the code to see what is going on (assuming that is isn't WAI).
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    @WookieWookie

Very possible that was the case in phases lower than Heroic - but the amount of gear outweighed any challenge gear you received in Heroic - at least in my experience through the several raids we completed.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Lol.

If this was a bug (T6 gear rewards were accidentally pushed to T7) than they would have simply said so. Their silence means they somehow thought the playerbase would be okay getting significantly less rewards for the HSith, and now they're meeting trying to figure out how they can salvage this crapshow.

You sure know everything about what is going on, don't you?

Well he is exactly right. he probably works in IT. This is exactly what is going on right now.

What a coincidence! I do work in IT! :grin:
  • Options
    When is the bounty Hunter rework?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I’ve lost track of time—were Holdo and Rose released after the Executioner?

Are they the next characters scheduled to be farmable?

Yes to both.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a job where they could consistently perform this poorly, make this many sizable mistakes, had to spend this much time on corrections, and consistently angered your customers? Would you wonder about your boss if they didn’t fire you?

asking for a friend…

Welcome to the wonderful world of enterpise level software development.

We... I mean...My friend does large scale software deployments (with some level of development)... we'd have to close our doors if we continuously operated this way
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    jedilord wrote: »
    Kyleslater wrote: »

Edit: I understand t5/6 were improved. That’s a good thing. But it’s too much of a nerf to heroic
    jedilord wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Also of note, those that are on TIV-VI should be happy, and as those individuals haven't started the HSTR, their disappointment will be mitigated. This was a decent long term stategy for the company.

As someone not on heroic, my rewards look like they will be better, and I have agency thanks to the increase in currency.

The currency does not offset the nerf of the rewards.

I was speaking on Tier IV-VI

The rewards are better.

no they are not, we are playing tier5

http://i.imgur.com/Zf99QU7.jpg

Looks better to me.

take a closer look, please...
    place1: only one box... they have taken the other box: and give instead only 200 ge-token more and only 1450 guild-token more!

200 ge-token -> you need 2 raids for 5 pieces of g12^^
    1450 guild-token -> you can buy 15dengar shards ... woooohoooo awful awful!

they have said, "Special attention has been paid to increasing the rewards to better fit the difficulty of the Sith Raid Tiers 5 & 6 for the population of guilds currently running those Tiers, and to rewarding guilds for "moving up" to, and performing well in, those challenging Tiers."

with only one box, that drops worse gear than a rancorraid??? and some tiny token more?? that is ridiculing that is

1st gets less gear, 40th gets more. They both get more currency. It's an improvement in the lower tiers since you need the whole guild to improve to reach and win in Heroic.

After going through the various images for Heroic, and even though I think the histrionics are a tad over-the-top, they have a point there. The shift seems more noticable and dramatic.

No. This is giving an inch and taking a mile. Heroic rewards are now worthless. There’s no other way to cut it. And they did it so we’d spend more to get the gear instead of just farming it. It’s plain and simple greed.
  • Options
    I'm done responding to this thread. Enjoy your rage. I have nothing against people doing hSTR but I kinda now hope they just keep the nerfed rewards for only the people who can't wait one hour for a response lol.

get lost finally
  • Options
    Devs, please ask the real opinion of the players before making such changes as the rewards for the raid.
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    You just dont want people progressing faster than you...

Don't be silly.

He's not the one be silly. At this point, you (who, I don't believe to be part of Heroic Sith guild) are simply trolling those of us who are and who have played for years and/or supported this game over that time with significant sums of money. We get it - you don't care, because you are unaffected.

Don't you find it ironic that those concerned and expressing frustration over the nerf are all players that have been playing since (at least) 2016, while those defending the nerf have all been playing a year or less?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    We actually just finished our first Heroic Sith two days ago. Rewards were great - top to bottom, btw. Made the extra effort, zeta's and hard work feel like these rewards will be worth the slog.

I'm honestly not sure if we would have finished this raid if we saw what the new rewards would be going forward. Worse than the HAAT? (That's saying a lot btw).
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    My hAAT rank 4 rewards tonight were as bad as is gets. I hope this won’t be the standard from now on.
  • Options
    can we let the hate flow? i mean keep devs know we r unhappy paying customers
  • Options
    You guys are falling for this mistake line...this change was floated out there as a test and to gauge initial feedback.

Just want to say as someone doing heroic and spending a lot of time getting 1/2 more often than not and also spending resources / gear / materials, etc. to achieve these strong reward...this is INCREDIBLY demotivating...disappointing and frankly makes me sad to a degree. Fun and excitement was just snatched away. I had a bad feeling about the other announced changes / enhancements that there would be another shoe to drop.

Been playing CG games since early 2014 - this brings back bad memories of their nerf to the PVE mode called Nexus in Heroes of Dragon Age...now it's happening again, but this is arguably much worse. Why I keep playing these mobile games I must be insane.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Somebody tell the CG developers to "please do the needful" and change this back. I know it wasn't their fault, they were given marching orders.
  • Beats
    31 posts Member
    Options
    My guild working their butts off to get heroic Sith raid on farm status was worth it to see the excitement when we received our rewards. It was like Christmas morning every time. If the info coming out is indicative of what to expect, I’m very disappointed and feel betrayed. They sold this change to us as a good thing. Then, with the notes, said they’re nerfing rewards for the top spots in lieu of more currency. The problem is the currency doesn’t translate to equal the rewards lost.

Add in the fact that the 3 most sought after unfarmables have been placed in potentially the most expensive and slowest farming locations is further disappointing. Most people are looking at over 4 months of time and around 35,000-40,000 energy to farm each of them—assuming traditional drop rates hold true. Gross.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Feels like par for the course for CG. They want to milk the top players for every penny, meaning guilds who farm Heroic need to buy g12, not get them for free. I’d be disappointed, except that I had about zero faith in them to begin with...