Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• Options
    Just grabbed JTR, however that does not fix this raid, and if i am being totally honest everything else that is wrong or broken with the game at the moment.

JTR will make it easier for more guilds to hit heroic and make this raid bearable, but it does not fix anything for the vast majority of people who are stuck doing T6 or less until the next time JTR comes around again.

The problem is the same with a lot of things in this game, its just no fun, CG need to remember that to get access to cash they need players, and if they want to retain players then need to make it entertaining and "FUN", not just a cash grab based on a habbit because people are too lazy to go find something else to play.

On that subject i may well have just grabbed JTR but that doesnt mean i am going to stay, this game is more frustrating than fun and i am finding that i am logging in for less time daily, they need to actually start fixing things and make it fun again. And as for improved communications, shame on you Crumb, fooled us once but at what cost, reputation is earnt not assumed, dont state EOW when a month later you have stiill not achnowledged this thread.
  • Options
    Here is the thing: In your intro post you asked for feedback and help from the community.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/170626/who-is-this-crumb-guy-a-quick-introduction/p1

You have received a number of responses to get the overall consensus of what we think about the raid and how it can be improved. I am sorry, but your communication is severely lacking. It does not take much effort to post...we are looking into it with our developers, beta testers, trying some tweaks, etc.

The #1 rule of customer service and communication, DO NOT IGNORE YOUR CUSTOMERS.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Lol EA doesn't care. 200 complaints will not sway there **** development. They don't beta test their own games and know and estimate the equation loss of people that don't like and or quit. They bank on noobs coming in from new movies that don't know about this horidly ran business, and the ( need to be first, and gotta collect em all) Wales.

They don't care. Now if everyone stopped buying thesee rediculous priced (panic farm) 29.99 pack of rediculous characters. Then they will start thinking about looking into these 26 pages of rants.
  • Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    OK now that we all got JTR, we can close this thread now, right?

---- secret wish of the CG producers who know better and see further than any of those puny whiny non-whale players ----

Nope, never gonna happen until @CG_SBCrumb actually comes back and actually answers us in this thread thar HE STARTED
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »

---- secret wish of the CG producers who know better and see further than any of those puny whiny non-whale players ----

Nope, never gonna happen until @CG_SBCrumb actually comes back and actually answers us in this thread thar HE STARTED

twgxaizqmig6.png
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    May as well add my 2 cents.

P1 is agonizing. The rest is pretty fun.

What has motivated me? Finally got JTR today and looking forward to increasing my damage output with my Resistance squad.

What demotivates me? Agonizing P1 and crummy gear in the rewards. Please remove all challenge gear from rewards, INCLUDING Carbantis, since I can farm them elsewhere. I will easily bite the bullet of not getting Carbantis from raids if it means I'll also stop getting all the other Challenge garbage gear after doing a really tough raid. I would be super happy if I never got Carbantis from raids again if it means increased chances of getting Stun Guns and Stun Cuffs.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options

Today is the one month anniversary of the start of the tread, maybe we will get a response. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Natos wrote: »
    Heroic might be WAI, everything else is either completely screwed up or the devs put the wrong descriptions and rewards on lower tiers.

The Tier descriptions might as well read "Requires two pickles and a piece of string" for all the good they do.

Even then the behind the scenes reality would be "good job! You unlocked your pickles and string. Now i assume you also brought your pickles each 14*, g24, with 20 pip mods, right? No? Then I really hope your string is 50*, g100, with 60 pip mods. Your string isn't that either? Well I'm sorry to say you're pretty much screwed. Thank you for farming the pickles and string though."
  • Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »

Today is the one month anniversary of the start of the tread, maybe we will get a response. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the brighter side of things, just 2 months until August and our answer!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Still nothing? Still nothing! We’ve answered your post many many times. You could at least have the decency to say something @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    At 10 pages, it stopped being funny.
    At 20 pages, it started being offensive.
    At 25 pages, it's now downright ignorant.

• Options
    Don’t have a gif or meme of Mickey with a flashlight, but it’s been up channeled to the Disney license dept and customer service folks.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Options
    What tier or tiers did you play?
    Currently Tier 3 and Tier 4 alternating to prevent ticket overflow and/or underflow.

What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid?
    We are at 76 million GP, 50 members, some more active them others.

What teams you did you attempt the raid with?
    That is a long answer, but What I have found is recently Tier 4 is a lot harder to do as well as I use to be able to do with zVader lead DoTs debuff team! It use to work really well, with 66% to 90% potency on all my DoT applying toons. Something has changed, but didn't see any notice of that. Tier 3 still seems to be okay for debuffing teams though.

What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?
    Motivated by Phase 2, Phase 3, and Phase 4 while all these triumbrate Sith are still standing.

Demotivated by Phase 4 after either Sion or DN has died. And when debuffing teams can't land (o R barely land) any debuffs (Tier 4+).

What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?
    UMM... same as above. But it takes too long. Perhaps there could be an option where rewards get scaled by the same factor that you increase the ticket cost of launching the raids by?. That way we can do the Sith Raid only once every 7 days instead of 3.5 days but get the same rewards as if we did it every 3.5 days, as an example. A way to take the load off people... a QoL change.
    :)
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
    Can we get ANY kind of update on this?
    You guys initiated this thread asking for feedback, said you’d have an update on what is in the works, and then went silent. Nobody is expecting the same about of communication as during that blast period a few weeks back. But to go dead silent on this thread for as long as it has is pretty bad. There are scores of suggestions on how to improve this raid, and ideas for future raids as well.
  • Options
    You know...I think we should all give up on this thread.
  • Options
    You know...I think we should all give up on this thread.

That’s just not going to happen
  • Options
    Never give up, never surrender.

"If a battle can’t be won, don’t fight it."

Sun Tzu.

• ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Sun Tzu.

Sun Tzu never wrote that. This is what he wrote: "The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory."

Regardless, it applies to EA/CG, not us. They invented the raid, which is a disaster. Then they asked players for feedback. Players gave it to them - with the rightful expectation that EA/CG was asking in order to perhaps (key word) fix it. Why that expectation?

1.) Because that's what EA/CG had done in the past and that's what was stated in this very thread on Page 1: "No plans at the moment but we will take a look at all the data and feedback to determine if/what we need to improve."

2.) Crumb said this on Page 14 of this thread: "Meeting in the next few days to review further. Expect an update here before EOW." This was almost a month ago and there has been no answer.

The concept of choosing your battles wisely means don't fight something utterly foolishly and/or don't fight for the trivial. Players aren't the ones who started this battle and a raid isn't trivial to the game.

• Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    In yet another sad case study, my friend let it slip in passing that he dropped this game entirely recently explicitly because of the time commitment STR put on him through his guild. He was closing in on 3 Million GP, and walked.

DO something CG. Respond @CG_SBCrumb
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno you still think communication is heading the right way? Lol Oh, please post here that it is.

If you folks at CG make a public commitment to communicate better you should at an absolute minimum be responding to on fire topics once in a blue moon. Even if to just give us all the finger, which by the way you are doing anyway. Who runs a business like this?

@CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    26?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Sun Tzu.

Sun Tzu never wrote that. This is what he wrote: "The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory."

You are right, I was rushing - my quote was a poorly translated paraphrase that undoubtedly missed the nuance of his idea. Thank you.

But I stand by the basic idea - right now, this thread proves it to be a foolish battle to undertake. There seems no intention of taking people's opinions on this matter seriously. So be it. As you say - it will affect the owners of the game in the long run.

• Options
    CJ, understood. Also didn't want to give the impression I was bashing you, I'm just a stickler for accuracy.
    ;)

• Options

Sun Tzu.

You are right, I was rushing - my quote was a poorly translated paraphrase that undoubtedly missed the nuance of his idea. Thank you.

But I stand by the basic idea - right now, this thread proves it to be a foolish battle to undertake. There seems no intention of taking people's opinions on this matter seriously. So be it. As you say - it will affect the owners of the game in the long run.

We just need an answer from the COMMUNITY MANAGER that STARTED THIS THREAD and promised us a response 3+ weeks ago...we’re really not asking for anything unreasonable.
  • Options
    Let's attempt to keep our anger down. Let's not give them a reason to close this thread. Keep it civil. A non violent protest so to speak. Yes, we are peeved at no response. But let's not let this die, nor give them reason to close it.
  • Options
    This thread is already dead. Almost a month since an answer was supposed to be given. This entire thread has been a farce to make people feel good about being able to give feedback. Apparently there was no intention of ever making good on it. The length of time for a dev response basically proves that to be true. The supposed Community Manager has only managed to make the commmunity angry. Great first impression.
  • Options
    Before you get too judgy on me, allow me to explain. The sith raid was supposed to be the ultimate end game content, the one raid that was going to challenge even the whale guilds, however my experience with it shows otherwise. My guild is capable of beating the raid within 12 hours and we aren't even whales. We even have a registration time of 12 hours to make sure everyone signs up. The raid fails to engage the entire roster since all it takes 3-4 teams for each person to beat it.

The raid has no diversity, p1 is nightmare to all squads unless you have JTR. That's literally 1 squad that does well, everything else struggles. P2 although it is the most diverse phase of the raid, it ends up being just different variations of Leia machine gun teams and hermit/wampa/Sabine combinations. P3 is where diversity goes out of the window because of the horrible isolation mechanic, no squad stands a chance because of it so everyone just uses the chex mix. It's a super boring phase because all it is is a bunch of restarts until you get Han to stand and then pew pew pew for 1 minute and done, cya next time. I think isolate should be removed so that more teams can come in and take advantage of the "topple" mechanics. Lastly p4, it's such an easy phase, nightsisters is the only squad to use until you kill Nihilus and that's not too hard. Then it becomes a piece of cake, just throw random stuff with no cohesion and just end it.

The raid has also too much RNG involved, which only encourages restarting over and over and over and over everything again until you get a good roll. P1 is total RNG since Nihilus has 50% chance to take an extra turn which makes his abilities unpredictable. P2 it's also a restart fest. "Did I build enough stacks quick enough?" , "Did Sion build too many stacks too fast"?

If I could sum up the problems with the raid it would:

1. No diversity in P1
    2. Too many healers needed but not enough good healers in the game.
    3. P3 isolate hurts diversity
    4. No use of the tenacity down debuff and no phase to use dots and other debuff heavy teams.
    5. Repetitive mechanics and the whole thing is too RNG dependent.

Personally I feel like the best raid in the game was HAAT pre BB8. The formula was very successful and I was always looking forward to raid. With the sith raid it's already gotten boring for me personally. The only reason I do it is for the gear and for Traya. Now I understand why heroic gives full pieces, because if it didn't nobody would do it once they had Traya at 7 stars.

Does anyone else agree with me?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just waiting for more toons to be even remotely useful in P1. All of the new teams/reworked toons since the Sith Raid was released have only really been useful in P2.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Before you get too judgy on me, allow me to explain. The sith raid was supposed to be the ultimate end game content, the one raid that was going to challenge even the whale guilds, however my experience with it shows otherwise. My guild is capable of beating the raid within 12 hours and we aren't even whales. We even have a registration time of 12 hours to make sure everyone signs up. The raid fails to engage the entire roster since all it takes 3-4 teams for each person to beat it.

The raid has no diversity, p1 is nightmare to all squads unless you have JTR. That's literally 1 squad that does well, everything else struggles. P2 although it is the most diverse phase of the raid, it ends up being just different variations of Leia machine gun teams and hermit/wampa/Sabine combinations. P3 is where diversity goes out of the window because of the horrible isolation mechanic, no squad stands a chance because of it so everyone just uses the chex mix. It's a super boring phase because all it is is a bunch of restarts until you get Han to stand and then pew pew pew for 1 minute and done, cya next time. I think isolate should be removed so that more teams can come in and take advantage of the "topple" mechanics. Lastly p4, it's such an easy phase, nightsisters is the only squad to use until you kill Nihilus and that's not too hard. Then it becomes a piece of cake, just throw random stuff with no cohesion and just end it.

The raid has also too much RNG involved, which only encourages restarting over and over and over and over everything again until you get a good roll. P1 is total RNG since Nihilus has 50% chance to take an extra turn which makes his abilities unpredictable. P2 it's also a restart fest. "Did I build enough stacks quick enough?" , "Did Sion build too many stacks too fast"?

If I could sum up the problems with the raid it would:

1. No diversity in P1
    2. Too many healers needed but not enough good healers in the game.
    3. P3 isolate hurts diversity
    4. No use of the tenacity down debuff and no phase to use dots and other debuff heavy teams.
    5. Repetitive mechanics and the whole thing is too RNG dependent.

Personally I feel like the best raid in the game was HAAT pre BB8. The formula was very successful and I was always looking forward to raid. With the sith raid it's already gotten boring for me personally. The only reason I do it is for the gear and for Traya. Now I understand why heroic gives full pieces, because if it didn't nobody would do it once they had Traya at 7 stars.

Does anyone else agree with me?

hundreds of pages of people agree with you....don't mean CEO's or programmers care :(
This discussion has been closed.