Update on the Continued Territory Battle Issues [MEGA]

Replies

• Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't got mine yet either
  • Options
    I am not english native, but at thisbpoint its clear that at CG there are different usages for certain words:

- A great chance: something that rarely happens
    - A chance: something that never happens
    - Signficant: bare minimum

I have to update my dictionary :)
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    They aren't lying. And no, the word "significant" being in front of the compensation does not make the claim a lie.

Also, "The customer is always right," has a very specific context, and even in that context, it isn't a matter of truth, it's a matter of etiquette.

Yes it does, they continually overpromise and underdeliver every time they try to fix their screw ups
  • Options
    Historically, 500 crystals has been a make-good for annoyances/bugs. If a standard make-good was promised, an expectation in that range would be warranted.

Given that historical context, the expectation that a significant make-good exceeds historical levels is also warranted.

(it is, of course, possible that "significant"--> "greater than average" was actually used by the CG's, but not relative to average historical make-goods, rather relative to average loss incurred in this instance...of course, no data has been provided and no official communication has clarified, so the community has broadly continued to assume that the context was historical...which means we got screwed.)

• Options
    They aren't lying. And no, the word "significant" being in front of the compensation does not make the claim a lie.

Also, "The customer is always right," has a very specific context, and even in that context, it isn't a matter of truth, it's a matter of etiquette.

I’m not calling them liars. What I’m saying is that you should not go around making grandiose claims of “significant make goods” and then give us something that feels decidedly insignificant.

If I go to a restaurant and order something and you bring me the wrong order, one course of action is to apologize, and bring me the correct order while I sit and wait even longer (which is exactly what CG is doing). The other course of action is the manager could come out, sincerely apologize for the mistake, and pay for the meal. To me, that’s a “significant makegood”. Giving me what I already would have had if you didn’t screw up is not a significant make good. But hey, some people have low standards.
  • Options
    Emguy wrote: »

Yes wondering about this too, nothing for me yet either, it was supposed to come with a hotfix today, did we not get the hotfix around the usual time 2 hours or so ago? (Idk was not online)

• Options
    Emguy wrote: »

Yes wondering about this too, nothing for me yet either, it was supposed to come with a hotfix today, did we not get the hotfix around the usual time 2 hours or so ago? (Idk was not online)

I'm guessing that, like the mods on Yoda,they decided to remove the "make good" to avoid confusion about what the word significant means.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • xanderxman
    505 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    We have not received a hotfix yet. Or our compensation.
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the make good ? Wasn't it due out today ?
  • Options
    No hot fix pushed and no make good given.

On a happy note Disney got the go ahead to buy Fox which means Xmen are back in the MCU now and the new Disney Princess is Klinger from M*A*S*H. Yeah, get that image out of your head. g0d4c9j8bg4f.jpeg
  • Options
    Perro wrote: »
    My guess is now that it is 530 PM here in California. The lovely people at CG have managed to avoid confrontation and have gone home. Since no hotfix was pushed we just have confirmed that the essay written by @CG_Carrie was a false to calm everyone down.

Congrats on disappointing on the disappointing make good.

I’m not disappointed! Can’t be disappointed if you expect absolutely nothing at this point!
  • Options

On a happy note Disney got the go ahead to buy Fox which means Xmen are back in the MCU now and the new Disney Princess is Klinger from M*A*S*H. Yeah, get that image out of your head. g0d4c9j8bg4f.jpeg

Hey, say what you will about Klinger, but the dude has better legs than me, an actual woman. xD It isn't obvious in that picture, but find one of him in his nurse's uniform, and it's clear. The man has great legs. xD

As for the hotfix, I've been waiting patiently all day for it. I just hope it doesn't go live in the next 10 minutes because of my payout.
  • Options
    Some people would white knight this company if the devs pushed old ladies off cliffs.
    There was a glitch in a phone game. Chill.

Ain't anything to get up in arms about. All these torches and pitchforks over a glitch in a phone game are, like, the height of first world problems.

I'm perfectly "chill". Bad business is bad business no matter whether it's a restaurant, a mobile game, or a car dealership. Because it's an entertainment is no excuse for crapping on customers left and right. You might enjoy it, but I surely do not.
  • Options
    No worries. Rewards are postponed until Friday.
  • Options
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    No worries. Rewards are postponed until Friday.

Can't do anything right, can they?
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I did not get my ipd shards , maybe it's a bug?
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think the makegood are pretty good enough. 20 IPD shards are good enough since the issue was happening on a very small number of players. I've seen some people complain about not getting 20k crystals because they used the word significant (REALLY NOW). You're just deluding yourself at this point.

People who are mad at them using the word significant incorrectly are just rising pitchforks just for the sake of it

Its just semantics and who cares if they used an extra word in a sentence

I'll agree that people demanding 20k crystals are deluded (the example they are using was CG compensating people after not telling them they only had to get CHS to 5 stars for his event instead of 7 and people spent hundreds of dollars on his pack to get him to 7 stars). However these issues didn't affect a "small" number of players, it effected a very large amount. In my guild alone only 3 out of the normal 20 we're able to do it. This is because the bug made it so instead of 5 star characters you needed 7 star characters. People who are used to going in with one or two character at less than 7 stars we're unable to participate.
  • Options
    Perro wrote: »
    "UPDATE: Hotfix will be deployed Friday, we have run into some additional issues today. You will still have 5 days to redeem. Updated text below"

Do you realize that today is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday @CG_SBCrumb? How about responding to this thread any single one of these posts? How about acknowledging that you all don't have a dictionary or thesaurus in the office and explain how you all came to the "significant" rewards.

Not to mention, how many times have they had to send out these kinds of things? And yet it's still somehow impossible to manage properly.
  • Funderbolts
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The only thing significant here is the amount of time they are making us wait and the lengths they are going not to answer this thread.

I’ve been actively playing this game since November 2015, and I’ve been spending money all along the way, not necessarily because I want the characters or gear, but because I firmly believed that this game was amazing and worthy of supporting. Do I think a new marquee character pack with enough shards to take me from 3 stars to 4 stars is worth $9.99? No. I think your prices are horribly inflated but I do it anyway, almost like paying a monthly subscription, because I love this game and want to see it continue.

Today was a heavy straw in a LONG string of events that have me questioning the long term plan of this game. As a customer, I expect two things: a high quality product and great customer service. But moreover, as a Star Wars fan, I am so sick and tired of seeing this great franchise dragged through the mud and squeezed for every dime while blatantly disrespecting those of us who have made it, and by extension you, successful.
    Post edited by Funderbolts on
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I just hope this hot fix makes hermit Yoda great again and his abilities start to work as intended.
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    I have no words for the blatant disrespect the devs show this community. None....
  • Options
    This is beyond terrible at this point. The devs have admitted there were issues through 3 TBs. They promised a "significant" makegood in return for it. That was promised today. Is is now 6:38pm dev time and NOTHING has happened. No responses to posts in this, or any other, thread. No hotfix update. No paltry compensation. Just plain nothing. It's honestly laughable at this point. I have given up hope that this game is headed in a proper direction for the long term.
  • Options
    So... “significant makegood” for multiple TBs being inexcusably bugged costing players a variety of rewards = less than what we lost just from the latest bug in the latest screwed up TB. This is insulting and maybe more infuriating than the bug itself because it is an intentional middle finger to the customers you screwed.
  • Options
    From what I understood from reading Carries initial post this "make good" was intended not only for the IPD bug that happened this last Territory Battle but for the months of bugged TBs the player base has dealt with. Its a vicious cycle of CG producing bugged content that is rushed out followed by these meager "make goods" for then the bugs just to reappear. I guarantee that come the next TB there will be old and probably new bugs still appearing, but they will go ignored and not be fixed. Then salt is poured in the wound when were told a "significant" make good will be distributed. I am sorry but after dealing with months of bugged content and then raising peoples expectations, that's the "significant make good"? Sure if you're just referring to the last TB and the IPD bug that probably is adequate, but the fact of the matter is this was supposedly intended to make good months of bugs in TBs. I agree with many people in this forum, it would have been better to set low expectations and exceed them than set a high expectation with "significant make good" and then fall way below the mark.
  • Options
    How much do you want to bet that this hotfix is pushed right as they walk out the door tomorrow and a "significant" number of players will not receive the makegood items?
  • Options

Hey, say what you will about Klinger, but the dude has better legs than me, an actual woman. xD It isn't obvious in that picture, but find one of him in his nurse's uniform, and it's clear. The man has great legs. xD

As for the hotfix, I've been waiting patiently all day for it. I just hope it doesn't go live in the next 10 minutes because of my payout.

M*A*S*H was actually one of my favorite shows growing up. The movie was great, but the TV series did it justice. Jamie Farr is actually a great actor and his portrayal of Klinger was hilarious. I often wonder how differently the movie would have been with the character in it. The Odd Couple was another awesome movie, actually watched it in theaters when it came out with Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau, but the TV series was much more in depth with the characters.