Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Prev13456734
Ploosh
565 posts Member
edited July 2018
Hi Holotable Heroes,
We are aware of a strategy with Asajj and Nightsister Acolyte that allows players to take an infinite number of turns in the Sith Triumvirate Raid. We consider this an unintended strategy that undermines the spirit of the raid, as it requires little input from the player and deals significantly more damage than other teams in STR.
There will be a larger announcement later today with more details about a change to prevent the above behavior, but we wanted inform everyone right away that we will be addressing this issue as soon as possible.

I'm totally fine and expected them to nerf this. But that wording worries me. No mention of Trayas isolate, which is what really causes this loop. If they use this as a way to nerf Nightsisters in p4 we all are gonna flip beyond flip. #GettingPreparedToGoAnakinOnTheseTuskens
Post edited by Sunnie1978 on

Replies

• This makes no sense as it doesn't work till you already have Traya. I hate this raid, and am all for something making it easier to farm once Traya is done. No doiubt this is an excuse to nerf nightsisters. Good bye P4 teams.
  • Anakin1125
    212 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb When this gets fixed can you throw us a bone and fix the lower level raid rewards? The lower tier rewards need to help build towards heroic sith raid.
    Post edited by Anakin1125 on
  • Threx
    35 posts Member
    Most likely just change how the turn meter works with BoW
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    This is ridiculous. Pretty soon they’ll nerf all characters that are able to have an advantage in their terribly designed raid. They’re just b u t t hurt because players have been able to find hacks in the raid and exploit them
  • KryptoAcid
    23 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I get the ‘its not in the spirit of the raid’ but that it isn’t sound logic either. When we started solo’ing the other two raids they didn’t nerf CLS or Wampa or even Teebo for that matter !!! They have to realize at some point due to power creep or new toons we will eventually be able to solo the HTSR like the Rancor and HAAT.
  • Yeah, if they break they way they work, it will cripple the legitimate hardwork of other players who don't even have Traya. Not cool.
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    Well you don't really need acolyte for a good NS team for P4.
  • “Undermines the spirit of the raid”... the spirit of the raid is to suck all the fun out of playing this game. I can see why they wouldn’t want to change that.
  • This particular interaction needed to be nerfed in my opinion. However, this is going to cause a massive uproar if their method of adjustment affects other teams. The easiest fix, I believe: remove the health steal up from isolate against the raid boss. Problem solved.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    KryptoAcid wrote: »
    I get the ‘its not in the spirit of the raid’ but that it isn’t sound logic either. When we started solo’ing the other two raids they didn’t nerf CLS or Wampa or even Teebo for that matter

This is actually even worse than that. It's like saying that Han is the key to a HPit team or that GK is the key to HAAT, so nerf the team around them.
    This loop only happens because of Traya, and if you're using her here then your guild is farming HSTR enough to have a 7* Traya.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Why is this issue being addressed "as soon as possible" but not the crud rewards for lower tiers?
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    Can someone explains how this mechanic works? I don't have Traya, but is nice to know what I have been missing...
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I really like that they let us know right away. Without delaying until they had a plan. I appreciate that so Now I can now check it off my list and move on.
  • Because they don’t care.
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Why is this issue being addressed "as soon as possible" but not the crud rewards for lower tiers?

Becauuuuuse stud! Theres alot more RJT in the wild so everyone should be running Heroic tier now, duh silly!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't understand them wanting to fix this. I think being able to kind of sort of beat most of one character from one phase with a team that requires the raid reward character at 7* is absurd. If you have 7* Treya then you spent months beating it the hard way. Getting a little relief by autoing most of 1/12 of the raid is not unreasonable. I fully support any rioting/looting due to this petty change.
  • Less then 1% of the player base can actually pull this off since it requires a 7 star Traya to begin with....... Leave it alone, you guys are going to screw up how NS work, or worse yet how Isolate works.... Haven't you robbed the hard working players enough already? Since it requires a 7 star Traya to pull it off, why change it? It's not like the lower end guilds can suddenly complete hSR due to this mechanic. It's a nice little bonus for those of us who have painfully lived through all the hSR changes you guys keep putting us through.... Let us enjoy our hard work for a change...
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I don't understand them wanting to fix this. I think being able to kind of sort of beat most of one character from one phase with a team that requires the raid reward character at 7* is absurd. If you have 7* Treya then you spent months beating it the hard way. Getting a little relief by autoing most of 1/12 of the raid is not unreasonable. I fully support any rioting/looting due to this petty change.

They've always made it clear that they won't stand for infinite loops in the game, and this fits the bill pretty close.

But if they ruin AV's leadership to fix this, I'll be livid.
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    Pretty unlikely for them to "fix" something without breaking something else...
  • Why wasn't Isolate given an exception the way Fracture was against raid bosses. Could have prevented the issue before it even launched.
  • aperingo wrote: »
    Can someone explains how this mechanic works? I don't have Traya, but is nice to know what I have been missing...

You use zeta Asajj lead, Acolyte, Traya, R2, Hoda. Traya isolates the raid boss and acolyte keeps using her basic attack against the raid boss. Acolyte will gain 100% turn meter every turn and remove turn meter from the raid boss. She just loops infinitely using her basic attack.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I’m personally not ready to give up the raid. That acolyte thing, it takes away from half of the raid.

First, whoever got Traya to 7* first, would undoubtedly take 1st from thereon. THAT would be lame.

Second, when everyone has her at 7*, then what? We are no longer going to compete with skill? Take away the raid from those who enjoy being the best?

If you don’t like the raid, don’t play it. If you don’t get first, the person who enjoys the game more than you gets it. Oh well, it’s just a game. But don’t take it away from those who enjoy it.

Maybe some day I’ll get to the point where I don’t like playing the raid. Then I won’t. Maybe I’ll do some quick throw ins, and end it. But I’m not ready to give it up, so please don’t take it.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Why wasn't Isolate given an exception the way Fracture was against raid bosses. Could have prevented the issue before it even launched.

Maybe because they know they created a kitten raid and never really expected players to ever have a 7* Traya to begin with?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And yet we are still waiting for a resolution to the BAD rewards from T1 to T6 of this raid... :'(
  • Anything that makes the dev's freak out is a good day. I am sure they will screw up the entire mechanics for NS in the process. They can't fix one thing before breaking 10 other things in the process. If this bug favored CG in any way, it would not be addressed, but since it favors players that theory craft and work hard at this game...
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Stud3099 wrote: »

This ....address this NOW.

Only when things bust their end we got it fixed asap.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    This particular interaction needed to be nerfed in my opinion. However, this is going to cause a massive uproar if their method of adjustment affects other teams. The easiest fix, I believe: remove the health steal up from isolate against the raid boss. Problem solved.
    Yeah this is the only fix that is acceptable, anything more would be overkill and would upset many players who invested in legit teams.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    I really think the big issue here is how fast they jump on fixing this, but the complete silence to the issues that effect 100% of the player-base as stated COUNTLESS times in the STR feedback thread.
  • CG is soooo strange! Ar first, they forget about main thing when was designing Sith raid - that raid must be challenge for players roster, but not for players patience and time! And now, instead of let players use hard earned Traya AS INTENDED, cos, you know, it was them who put such abilities on her - now they in panic - Oh, players could spent less time and nervous in our game, this is not that we want! We want them suffer forever! Go on, Nefr Thrawn next, cos you know, we can auto-solo Hpit with him - how you miss that??? Nerf JTR - we can solo HAAT p3 with it - why we deserve such easy life? Simple fact, that we,
    players pay to you, CG, for beign able to run this game, cannot be a reason to stop us suffer at some level, isn't it? CG?
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    And i hope you guys dont screw NS up

You are known to "fix" things breaking 3 more... battlefront 1(?) Battlefront 2 (?) Swgoh (?) ...**** 3 EA games doing the same lol

This discussion has been closed.