Update on Mod Secondary Stat Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    You guys completely screwed up people's rosters by giving us what we thought were well deserved mod updates. Then without warning or consultation you reverted the screw up back leaving many of us extremely vulnerable in the arena. What you did was irresponsible, unprofessional and completely inexcusable. I had no idea the credits I received were actually a refund. You need to fully compensate the affected people an apology really doesn't cut it.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Here's the thing. This mod fiasco and the ns fiasco didn't directly affect me. But it also goes to show what the devs will and will not ignore. Hardly anyone is raising a fuss about this issue there fore you will be ignored. Everyone raised a fuss about the NS Nerf, they responded. Both in my mind are equally unforgivable, yet because one got press through game changers, one got fixed. It's as easy as that. I won't tell anyone who was affected by this what to do, but if you have been negatively affected by this mod update and revert you should do what you have to do.
  • Options
    Actually really disappointed with CG over this, still no full explanation over this.
    Sat here knowing there is an issue but because I can't pin point specific mods there is nothing I can do, but I do know there is something thats happened as I'm looking through my mods and I have levelled up mods that I wouldn't have done if they didn't have speed on them. I know their focus is on yet another mistake they made but like I said early on 'we are the less than 1% now, who cares"
  • dany
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @CG_TopHat
    @CG_SBCrumb
    @CG_Carrie

I can't believe you guys are just ignoring us.
    Mods play such a big role in the game - to be exact, in absolutely every relevant playing mode: Arena, TW, TB.

The worst part of the whole dilemma is that we've been farming our mods for ages, like everyone else, and from one day to the next their quality is gone - just like that. Without announcement or justification.

You can't be serious about that. You're ruining the fun of the game for everyone involved.
  • BamWrath
    242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Bane1492 wrote: »
    So, I gather slicing will be able to change the tier to gold (A) before we fully upgrade.

As of now, if we have a speed secondary, we should only upgrade enough that the color of the mod doesn't change? Like a green mod upgrade once, blue mods 2 upgrades, and purple 3 upgrades? Then change the tier to A after slicing and upgrade it fully?

My advice is to hang on to all 5 dot mods and continue to play as normal.

I started saving all my mods when the change was announced and I have to sell some now because I've hit the max.

With that said you absolutely should level up secondaries you care about now because it does sound like you'll have a lower chance to do so after the change, and the credit cost to do so is minimal.

Better to put on toons without mods (even if you have to raise them to level 50) than to sell mods (unless less than 5 dot). This will free space to collect more mods.
  • Options
    You know if they had a screen shot of everyone mods before they did this "update" and reverted back why did it reroll all of our mods? Was is to much time to give us mod for mod and expected us not to say anything? I don't think it's 1% of the playerbase more like 1% of the mods. A few of my mods are the same as I can tell but the middle mods +10-15 are all jacked up and a lot lower in speed. I took screen shots right after they announced the rollback and it's bad. I only leveled 5 mods during the update but it looks as if all mods were effected during their update, not just ones you leveled during the update. Most of my mods had been locked in for months if not years, the only people touched were my arena team as I just unlocked traya that week.
    Been to EA support and messaged CG and nothing.
  • Immortal_Noz
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
  • Engels
    90 posts Member
    Options
    appealed. got offered 300 crystals I said no to them. 300 crystals instead of real life money spent on the game is not equal. i get 300 per day doing pvp and ships.
  • Options
    I'd like the new mod changes be implemented, at least then I would know what's going on. I will save any reactions until that happens.
  • Options
    Chefou (ID 128-217-375). I've also lost +20 speed on my mods on my best characters.... I am loosing so much battles (pvp, raids, etc...). Please give us our mods back ! It took me 2 years to get these mods I had..... Big fan of Star Wars & SWGOH... it's so frustating to play with these mods you dropped me.... Hope you can fix this bug soon
  • Options
    I'm not sure what i'm missing but I don't see any problems with my mods or anything. Just business as usual for me.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Not sure what’s going on but the last few days when I buy mods from the store with speed secondary and upgrade them the SPEED DOES NOT UPGRADE! Atleast five mods were the speed didn’t move up. Didn’t start happening TILL ALL THIS MESS WITH MODS. This a bug? Or CG’s way of saying speed bad and this being assigned the lowest possible RNG for secondary upgrade? Can’t explain how frustrating it is to spend millions credits to buy a mod with speed as secondary and not get upgraded!! If you don’t like the speed mod then just get rid of it all together. Please stop jerking us around.

I like playing, but definitely not the same game I grew to love. Which is sad this game had a lot of potential.

It could be observation bias, and your just unlucky. But noone with CG tag said that all secondary upgrades are equally possible.... Would be nice if someone would confirm ya or nah on this.

But I here ya it does seem that if I upgrade a mod with %Def and speed secondaries, %Def will hit far more often then speed.

Nah I name my speed mods once I buy them off the mod store. And after they get upgraded find a home for the character I had in mind for. But like I said the last five mods with speed secondary did not upgrade @CG_ this the case? Cause before the mod scandal all mods upgraded with speed stat went up. Now once upgraded same speed stat at lvl one as lvl 15.

If you have always had speed upgrade or bump when leveling a mod, then consider yourself insanely lucky. Most of us rarely get speed to upgrade, even rarer a couple hits. Usually it’s , oh nice, speed missed again . . .

Lol really? Even with a mod with speed on it still won’t gain anymore speed once leveled up? No way that should be the norm with any existing stat. Most started with 4 and ALWAYS had it go up 8-9 or get lucky with 12+. But nothing? From a store mod? No way

Lol yup, ask around, ;). I can’t even count how many times I have spent 3-4 mil, bought a mod, and had anything other then speed roll, Now, if offense rolls, I like that lol. Numbers , not percent, but it happens quite a lot.

Consider yourself very fortunate that until now, you never had first hand knowledge of that fun stuff, lol

Sure as heck does. Doesn't matter if I buy it from mod shop or have it drop from challenges. I have terrible luck with speed bumping and getting shut out is a frequent occurrence. Been happening to me for the 2 years I've been playing and the major reason why I have such a hard time competing against my peers in squad arena. They can all boast +100-120 speed on their characters and I languish in the +80s. My best mod is a +19, most of my "better" ones are +10-12, I think.

Sounds like the way mods are going to work once the update is in, it will be even less likely to get speed to bump. Maybe I'm not understanding what's coming, but that's what it sounds like to me. At lest with greens and blues, you felt like you had sure thing (green) or good chance (blue).

It just sad, really...hard to get triangles and crosses. Even harder to get them with the primary ability you need. Even harder still to get one with speed secondary. All those stars align and you get a good drop and then you level it and watch that speed stay at the default value, or bumps once and is no better than what you're already using. Back the the drawing board...another few weeks of at least 200 crystals worth of cantina energy refreshes per day to get another chance to be disappointed.

Hate it.

• Options
    dany wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat
    @CG_SBCrumb
    @CG_Carrie

I can't believe you guys are just ignoring us.
    Mods play such a big role in the game - to be exact, in absolutely every relevant playing mode: Arena, TW, TB.

The worst part of the whole dilemma is that we've been farming our mods for ages, like everyone else, and from one day to the next their quality is gone - just like that. Without announcement or justification.

You can't be serious about that. You're ruining the fun of the game for everyone involved.

Really, you cant believe it? You must be new lol
  • Options
    An entire week has gone by since mod 'fix', and nothing has changed. Are we gonna get some info beside 'the mods were moved to other toons'?
  • Options
    Nope, it's not. They fix few but bugged 70% of my mods.

If You don't have any idea what you are taking about, just don't say a thing.

I already proved that.
  • Options
    Most of us didn't even get the 200 crystal compensation so we just got ****** in the *** and had to live with it. This is really annoying and the worst part is it didn't happen to enough people for them to care. They just shunned us and said "you're all wrong nothing happened check your mods they are all there (minus the speed) but they are all there I swear just check SWGOH, uhhh it's on that guy over there." What about this mod with +3 speed on CLS that wasn't there before?? Most of us don't level mods that didn't roll higher speed by level 9 and somehow there are way more then before.
  • Options
    What must we do to get some attention and get this fixed?
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Morc2576 wrote: »
    Nope, it's not. They fix few but bugged 70% of my mods.

If You don't have any idea what you are taking about, just don't say a thing.

I already proved that.

Ha. 70%???? You haven't proven anything except that you can exaggerate. 70%??? Let's see. We'll assume that you have farmed mods like crazy as you say so you've probably filled up your inventory. That's 500 mods right there. 6 mods attached per character. Let's say you have 50 characters fully modded. That's being so conservative given the number of characters available in the game. So that's another 300 mods so 800 total mods are what you own.

That's 560 bugged mods. 560. They originally said less than 1% of the population were effected, but here you are with 560 bugged mods all on your own. And you've checked all 800 of yours and can empirically say 70% are bugged. Even Empire (or whatever his name is above) had a dev show a screen shot of how he just misplaced them (which is more likely)

To quote a great movie.....Well I'll believe that when my p.o.o. tuns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert. (word changed to keep it PG)

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure there was an issue and I'm sure some people were affected, but not even nearly close to the degree everyone here is claiming and this gross exaggeration does nothing but take away from the actual issue and distract. If I'm wrong I'm wrong so sorry, but come on. 70%??? Please.
  • Morc2576
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @evoluza @MntMan

Yea You were right, I was wrong... not 70% but 80%... here are just three randomly picked toons...

i5ccb40g1p5b.jpg
    qaca17dae3er.jpg
    5eav6cri9qgb.jpg
    03ihezl92a84.jpg
    kjt495g4346y.jpg
    eo1dz66nx2u7.jpg

and the list of other 130 can go on...
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry. Not quite sure what you're proving. I can go through and match up a bunch of mods that have the same categories as well, but different values. I meam if you went through and did screen shots of every mod and every toon before hand then you have a lot of free time on your hands and I'm envious.

But hey maybe you are one of the few exceptions here and somehow got targeted. If so that's truly a bummer and believe me when I say my sincere apologies. (Ha. More than the devs have given at least.) But I gotta tell you I'm still pretty skeptical. Something this large scale for an individual I'd think the devs would be all over it and couldn't ignore it. My guess is you have a couple wires crossed here on which mods match up with which and they'll go through and show you this as they have done with a previous poster here. If it is a mix up n their end I really hope they make your account right somehow then.
  • Options
    Well, I didn't go through all my 130 moded toons, I'm not a masochist, but just checked arena and other 20 or 30 characters... they all look like this... luckily I've made copy of my mods (at https://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/) couple weeks back to optimize them, so I have hard prove how they were before. Many guys here aren't so lucky. They know sth is wrong but can't say how much after swgoh.gg refreshed.

One picture showing how stats were and other how my mods are now. You can easily guess which are which. They are on the same toons as they were before.

https://swgoh.gg/u/morc/mods/

And support is silent as devs are...
  • Options
    If this alleged mod balance is not rolled out soon then I am gone. This game is worsening by the day and the neglect shown to speed mods has now got to the point where it is broken and unplayable in a multiplayer environment.

Last Chance saloon here for CG as far as I'm concerned too. I hope they learn from their counterparts from the SWG mmo because this game is scarily going in a similar direction as regards content.
  • Options
    Morc2576 wrote: »
    Well, I didn't go through all my 130 moded toons, I'm not a masochist, but just checked arena and other 20 or 30 characters... they all look like this... luckily I've made copy of my mods (at https://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/) couple weeks back to optimize them, so I have hard prove how they were before.

How are you comparing? If you have the json file from before the initial fix and one from after the rollback, this is a basis for a bulk comparison using the mod_uid in there rather than looking at the mods in individual slots on individual toons. This is pretty easy to do - I've just done it for mine, but unfortunately I only have a snap from before and after the rollback, not from before the original "fix".