Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    Ah this is the thread I've been hoping for. I love droids, especially hk-47, but am having trouble cracking the top 200 on my server. My team is a 6* hk-47 lead, a 7* 86, a 5*poggle, a 4* 88 and a 7*maul. All of them are level 70 have Max gear and attacks to this point. I'm 2 days away from a 7*hk, 88 will be after that. and i am farming poggle and gs. My gs is currently a 5* but not maxed gear or attacks which is why I have maul in there at the time. Any tips for doing better in the arena? I also have ig-100 unlocked but haven't even considered him until now, would it be a more viable option then 88? Thanks much in advance
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    IG1066 wrote: »
    I float about in the top 20 anywhere up to 2nd havent quite pinged 1st yet. All droids and poggle are 7* and Max kit/skill.
    My team fails hugely with counter attackers and by the way I yo-yo defence must be very bad. I face alot of kylo, phantasm and Poe.
    Hmmmm, suppose I could push for GS, but I'm trying to keep my squad themed and fluffy.

@IG1066
    If you could push for GS do so as he's a one of a kind bug who exterminates like there's no tomorrow.

Phasma has victory march which gives turn meter and advantage and fusillade which has a chance to slow your team down. Focus fire on Phasma and take her out first. With 25% more offense from Poggle u will have enough fire power to mow down the opposition. Poggle (leader), IG86, Poe, HK47, IG88 is what I suggest. I personally had no problem at all with Phasma teams. I prefer fighting them than QGJ speed teams.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Ah this is the thread I've been hoping for. I love droids, especially hk-47, but am having trouble cracking the top 200 on my server. My team is a 6* hk-47 lead, a 7* 86, a 5*poggle, a 4* 88 and a 7*maul. All of them are level 70 have Max gear and attacks to this point. I'm 2 days away from a 7*hk, 88 will be after that. and i am farming poggle and gs. My gs is currently a 5* but not maxed gear or attacks which is why I have maul in there at the time. Any tips for doing better in the arena? I also have ig-100 unlocked but haven't even considered him until now, would it be a more viable option then 88? Thanks much in advance

@Satchel_Paige I would suggest you get GS to 7*. Once you do u will easily crack top 50. 7* maul is great on offense but dies too quickly in defense so at the start you are 4 characters versus enemies' 5.

Do you have Poe or RG at high star? If you do, you can do this team: Poggle(leader), IG86, GS, Poe/RG, HK47.

If you don't then do Poggle(leader), IG86, IG88, GS, HK47.

To do better in arena concentrate on maxing your main team. Use your energy to farm gear and max your heroes. Use ability mats to upgrade key skills. Use the database to see whether a better skill is hidden behind the 5% increase in damage. Don't spread yourself too thin. Don't use energy on hard nodes to farm too many characters at once. And it's worth spending 50 crystals to get 5 more battles so that you can climb higher in the ranks.
  • Options

Hey!

Welcome to the forum!

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

Hey!

Welcome to the forum!

I should have said welcome too!
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »

@Satchel_Paige I would suggest you get GS to 7*. Once you do u will easily crack top 50. 7* maul is great on offense but dies too quickly in defense so at the start you are 4 characters versus enemies' 5.

Do you have Poe or RG at high star? If you do, you can do this team: Poggle(leader), IG86, GS, Poe/RG, HK47.

To do better in arena concentrate on maxing your main team. Use your energy to farm gear and max your heroes. Use ability mats to upgrade key skills. Use the database to see whether a better skill is hidden behind the 5% increase in damage. Don't spread yourself too thin. Don't use energy on hard nodes to farm too many characters at once. And it's worth spending 50 crystals to get 5 more battles so that you can climb higher in the ranks.

I am 10 shards from a 7* rg, I hadn't looked at him since the start. He's only a level 20. I have poe but only a 2* level 60. Neither are close to max gear or attacks. I spread myself way too thin before I got into the forums. Now I'm trying to catch up to do well, rather than having 7*maxed favorite characters, i.e. maul and fett. Thanks much for the advice so far it is much appreciated. Would you go for rg or poe if it were you?
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@Pooket Are you on a new server or older one? At what stars are the heroes in your droid team?

Top 30 is pretty good! Droid teams are better used as offense. In defense AI stuffs up the kill order. Do you have GS? I would suggest getting him as he is a multi fit character who also fit in a droid team and with Poggle u will have geonosian synergy.

Think I started Dec/Jan time

Poggle 6* Lvl 8 Max Gear
    IG-88 6* Lvl 8 4 slots
    IG-86 6* Lvl 8 4 slots
    HK-47 5* Lvl 8 4 Slots
    Poe 5* Lvl 8 3 slots

All level 70
  • Options

Hey!

Welcome to the forum!

I should have said welcome too!

I know.. You're slacking! :o

• Options

Hey!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! Finally signed up. Figured with the amount I play this game I should probably join up haha
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Is the hotline number 867-5309?

Lol. Nope it's 1800 droids.

Came on. It's 47-86-88-100
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    I saw on an older thread that @Triqui made, to get around their speed and use TM gains but it all starts with GS calling an assist. Can't quite remember but it can set off a chain reaction of sorts. Was a really interesting read

Yes, under a HK47 lead crits can often lead to devastating results! I use GS in my alt's team. He's a force to be reckoned with. GS calling a droid who crits and help droid allies gain 30% TM.

I could be wrong since my HK-47 is not arena ready but my understanding of his leadership ability was only the droid that crit got the 30% turn meter not all of the droid allies.

GS calls a droid as an assist, let's say IG86. If the droid crit (a 110% chance in IG86's case), then he gains 30% turn meter, finish to fill his blue bar, and inmediately acts.

Besides that, GS himself gains TM on crits (lead by HK or not)
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Might start on GS next - I was trying to unlock dooku as I fancied teaming him up with my Daka for mega stuns! However these things are not droid related so perhaps GS is indeed the way to go...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    And what is the advantage? All the effort for a character, who has low speed, dmg and HP, the latter only slightly more than 88
    Played with GG today. Lend him from a whale for a DS mission. Was fun but he aint worth it. Then you could also play 88 together with RG and hope that the one-shots on him fail
    Or add Daka to the squad, as another focus fire for defense

Seriously? How can you decide he is or is not "worth it".

We only will start to see 7* GG drop today from NZ and AU. More tomorrow as the Time Zones catch up. He has to be geared and skilled up before anyone can make rational judgment. Remember, people thought Rey and Poe were not worth it, those "opinions" were soon proven very wrong.

Credible information is the best way to help people on these forums.
    In fact, "theorycrafting" tells me he should be worth it, a lot. I think I would use him in place of Poggle/Qui-Gon Jinn/Poe, as the fifth member (I'm adamant with HK47 lead, and the 2 assassin droids and GS are a must in current meta, I think).
    You don't have the Offense up, but you have a Health Down AOE, which works similarly to let droids One-Shot people. And he can actually ddo damage himself,
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    Why please should one get him, since you could have ten instead of him?
    Because you might not want to have a 7* Coruscant Underworld Police, Ughnaut and Teebo.

I don't think we should farm him before we 7* Poggle, Phasma, Lumi, HK, etc. But after a while, the GW and Arena aren't that appealing anyways. If you are droid-focused... why not? What do you want a 7* Tusken Raider for if you are heavy invested in Droids?
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    If I were to start over, I'd buy the droid pack and go that direction.

• Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Options
    I got a quick question. I don't often use droids. I do have them lvld to 70 along with poggle. But only at gear 7. My GS is maxed.
    If I wanted to go with a GG squad would my droids and poggle be strong enough at gear 7 to use?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

I am 10 shards from a 7* rg, I hadn't looked at him since the start. He's only a level 20. I have poe but only a 2* level 60. Neither are close to max gear or attacks. I spread myself way too thin before I got into the forums. Now I'm trying to catch up to do well, rather than having 7*maxed favorite characters, i.e. maul and fett. Thanks much for the advice so far it is much appreciated. Would you go for rg or poe if it were you?

I have a 7* Poe in my main and 6* Poe in my alt. Two turns taunt while my damage dealers do their things destroying everyone in their path. You are so close to 7* RG already so use him in your team. He will auto taunt when anyone goes below 50%. I don't have much experience with RG but Poe is in his own league. Still very viable in the current meta. Turn meter reduction slows down enemies and expose can mean massive damage from your droids! I would use RG and also farm Poe up. Poe is viable at 5* gear 8. If he protected your droids for one turn he has done his job.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    If I were to start over, I'd buy the droid pack and go that direction.

Good idea! That's exactly what I did. It helped so much by having three droids ready from the beginning.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Tony167 wrote: »
    I got a quick question. I don't often use droids. I do have them lvld to 70 along with poggle. But only at gear 7. My GS is maxed.
    If I wanted to go with a GG squad would my droids and poggle be strong enough at gear 7 to use?

Yes they are pretty strong even at gear 7. I've used them no problem at gear 7 till I was able to get the to gear 8. I took days to upgrade one single hero to 8 and during all that time they were only gear 7. Do try them in challenges, cantina missions and have an idea of what kind of damage you will do.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Options

Yes they are pretty strong even at gear 7. I've used them no problem at gear 7 till I was able to get the to gear 8. I took days to upgrade one single hero to 8 and during all that time they were only gear 7. Do try them in challenges, cantina missions and have an idea of what kind of damage you will do.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear!

• Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Update - Just finished in 19th place today. First time every in the top 20!

Go Droids..! >:)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

You are welcome! Bring on the Droids Assault Team!
  • Options
    Pooket wrote: »

Congrats!
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    If you made a new droid team, which would you do

Poogle(L), Poe, 86, 88, GS

HK(L), Poe, Poggle, 86, 88

HK(L), Poe, 86, 88, GS

HK(L), Poggle, 86, 88, GS

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Pooket Are you on a new server or older one? At what stars are the heroes in your droid team?

Top 30 is pretty good! Droid teams are better used as offense. In defense AI stuffs up the kill order. Do you have GS? I would suggest getting him as he is a multi fit character who also fit in a droid team and with Poggle u will have geonosian synergy.

Think I started Dec/Jan time

Poggle 6* Lvl 8 Max Gear
    IG-88 6* Lvl 8 4 slots
    IG-86 6* Lvl 8 4 slots
    HK-47 5* Lvl 8 4 Slots
    Poe 5* Lvl 8 3 slots

All level 70

Okay you can try two different teams.

HK47 (leader) IG88 IG86 Poe Poggle and
    Poggle (leader) IG88 IG86 Poe HK47

Buy IG88 shards first from arena then buy HK47. HK47 is viable even at 4*. I had a 4* HK47 while everyone in the server had 7* leaders and I still rank in the top 3.

Poe is fine at 5* but do upgrade him to 6* if u need a bit more survivability.

Farm IG86 shards first from GW to make a 7* then work on Poggle.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Pooket Congratulations! Well done, and bring it on Assassin Droids!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hauzer wrote: »

HK(L), Poe, 86, 88, GS

You missed HK(L), Poggle, Poe, GS, IG86.

I would do Poogle(L), Poe, 86, 88, GS. The damage buff from Poogle is insane 25% offense from level 7 leader ability. That makes droids and GS killing machines. If I find that 88 dies too often in QGJ assists then I would replace that with HK47. Then the team would be Poogle(L), Poe, 86, GS, and HK47.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hauzer wrote: »

HK(L), Poe, 86, 88, GS

I play HK(L) 86,88, GS as surefire. Fifth spot is currently Poggle, for several reasons, main one is that it fits themsticalky :)
    Ideally, fifth spot would rotate between Poggle, QGJ, Dooku, Sid, Poe and maybe Daka, depending on enemy composition.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Poggle leader, geo, igx2, rg. Can get rank 1 daily on whale server. I've tried every droid at every comp and have them maxed. Just pray to rng that the opening Rey or Guigon shot leaves ig88 with a sliver of health to activate RG. Poe doesn't cut it anymore. You also must one shot Rey or equivalent with the geo assist. It's even a win he calls rg to stun them.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

Maybe I could finally beat you if I'm facing your new droid setup :D there aren't too many on our server, I think just the two or three in the top 30 or so. Would be interesting with a few more. Eco does really well with his Droids who aren't even fully star'ed or leveled yet so I think yours could do well enough with gear 7. Droids seem beastly on offense at any rate