Character shards from Chromium Packs are not awarded correctly.

Replies

• Options
    No one is denying that there is also a visual bug, I have had that happen almost every time I have purchased a chromium pack. The more pressing issue is the one that's costing us money which is yet to be addressed by anyone of authority
  • Options
    Seriously how many times do we have to reiterate that it appears there are two different bugs (perhaps it depends on the character, I'm not sure). However the one that matters is the one that is blatantly stealing my money. That's the duplicate character bug as explained again by @brrrdt come on @EA_Jesse the way this is being handled is horrible and unprofessional. Between this and the fact that Chromium Packs seem to favor giving duplicates and/or characters I've already maxed the amount of wasted money is downright infuriating.
  • Options
    This has happened to me a ton... I hope they can track it and get us our shards... My apple refund would be quite large, but I want to give the team a chance to get it resolved.
  • Options
    In my last post I just gave additional details on the display issue, AND mentioned that we're looking into the other issue reported that shards are not being received. This report is not being ignored.

Another thing to check, in some instances you may be receiving shards for Jawa and Datcha, or Tusken Raider and URoRRuR'R'R. These character portraits are very similar, so your shards may be split there.

While screens are extremely helpful to help us track down what might be going on here, I understand that taking before and after screens for all characters just isn't reasonable. What will really help is explaining exactly what you are seeing.

EXAMPLE: Greedo was at 12/25 shards, opened a 4x Chromium pack, received 12 Kit Fisto, 6 Greedo, 12 Cad Bane and 6 more Greedo. Checked Greedo and saw only 18/25 shards. This is just an example, I didn't actually see this :)
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse I think it would be massively helpful if the next interim release of the game could show the shard count of ALL characters on the character screen, rather than just showing the shard count of uncollected characters. For characters that are already activated, you have to go into the character screen to screenshots them which is what takes the time. If you can display character shards on the main character screen, then to aid in troubleshooting we would only need to take 4-5 screenshots instead of 20+
  • Options
    Just happened to me for the 7th time at least. Those are paid packs that I'm not being rewarded my shards for. And no response from multiple emails. Getting really old.
  • Options
    @MTfolk can you give me an example of exactly what happened?
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse your example is what I've been experiencing... It's happened to me with both Aayla Secura and Qui Gon, I'm not sure what other characters I've had it happen with. It's only happened on the 8x Chromium pack, (actually each time I've bought the 8x Chromium pack, I think). The example I can give you is:
    I have a Qui Gon. I pull 2x Qui Gon Shard Bundles from the 8x Chromium pack. Both visualizations comes up with "12 shards", but the final total afterwards when I go to the character screen is "12/25." I'd like to think that 12+12=24.
    I initially thought that this was how it was intended, so I never reported the bug. I figured that when pulling these, it just totals up both sets of shards and displays the same thing twice. That doesn't really make sense, but I just dealt with it. Now that I've seen others with the same issue, I've come to the realization that this is bugged. @brrrdt described the issue accurately, IMO. Hope this helps, is concise, and can aid in the resolution of this issue.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse would it be helpful to get player ID info and dates of purchase from some of us who have experienced this issue? I don't have screenshots, but I'm hoping that EA can piece together what happened based on looking at the records of purchases, etc? And to be clear, none of my examples have involved confusing the two jawa characters or the two sand people.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse your example is what I've been experiencing... It's happened to me with both Aayla Secura and Qui Gon, I'm not sure what other characters I've had it happen with. It's only happened on the 8x Chromium pack, (actually each time I've bought the 8x Chromium pack, I think). The example I can give you is:

Not only 8x bundles.. I tested 4x bundles.. Same thing..whenever u get a a duplicate draw, u don't get the shards of the duplicate

• Options
    I'm assuming the developers have unlimited access to Chromium Packs. I would suggest that they reinstall a clean version of the release build of the game, with no characters unlocked or shards awarded, and then just start 'buying' 8 packs, and checking how the shards are awarded. They will see (a) the visual bug, and (b) shards not being awarded to characters. We as users can try and replicate but every purchase of 8 chromium packs is $20!

Steps to Recreate:
    1. Install game
    2. Note down shard counts for all characters
    3. Give yourself 10,000 crystals
    4. Purchase an 8 pack Chromium
    5. If there are duplicates, note down the duplicated character, and count the shards

Rinse and repeat. You will definitely see the issue of non-awarded shards.
  • Options
    Brrrdt is right. That is what happened to me at least 10+ times on on buying the 8-pack. Like I said one time opening the 8-pack I got Qui-Qun and it duplicated 5x. I was only awarded 12 shards totally. So during that purchase I got a total of 2.5 shards on the whole purchase. Total waste of 20 bucks. But I have pulled dublicate's on every purchase and never awarded anything on a 2nd dublicate. I made 8 purchases of 20 bucks.
  • Options

Not only 8x bundles.. I tested 4x bundles.. Same thing..whenever u get a a duplicate draw, u don't get the shards of the duplicate

My fault, I meant for me. I have only gotten the 8x packs.
  • Options
    I pull either a 4x or 8x multi pack and am awarded the same shards twice I only received the one set of shards. Usually 12 but it seems that I get 12 shards from most pulls. So is it that it's adding all the shards before it shows both animations. Cause now that I'm thinking about it....
  • Montana75
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    MTfolk don't give EA an out and think that. That's insane to think you are getting 6 shards cuz you pulled duplicates if they are added together when 95% of other characters are awarded 12. If that was the case that they are adding it up before the pack is opened then it's a total ripoff. Like my post earlier. On one occasion I opened an 8-pack pulled 5 Qui-Gons and was awarded a total of 12 shards on those 5. I already had him. So do the math. 12 divided by 5. That's insane. Less then 2.5 shards and a total ripoff of 20 bucks. So EA Jesse I am really infuriated about this. Before that I was living with pulling duplicates cuz it was just happening once everytime I spent 20 bucks. But when that happened it was the last straw.
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Options
    The fact that you can still purchase them with this bug is a little ridiculous. You think they'd be off of the store front until they fix it.
  • Options
    I've never been able to pinpoint it, but I knew my shards weren't adding up properly. It is not worth the hassle of screenshotting my entire account every time I want to buy packs (before and after). This is a horrible bug.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone, we've been looking into this more to figure out what is going on. Like Damoven said, there is a known display issue we're working on fixing and are also looking into the reports of players not receiving character shards.

To help explain the display issue more, here is an example:

Let’s say we bought a Chromium x4 Bundle and the Bundle dropped like this: 12 Jawa shards, 12 Stormtrooper shards, 24 Jawa shards, and 12 Kit Fisto shards
    • Stormtrooper and Kit Fisto only dropped shards once each, so 12 of each is the correct amount
    • Jawa shards dropped twice and showed 12 the first time, then 24 the second time. The second drop is not 24 shards, but is the running total of the first 12 shards drop + the second 12 shards drop. So it is 24 total shards, not 36 total shards.

Please also note that shard drop numbers are not always the same, I have opened a pack and received 7 shards for Jedi Consular when I already owned him.

Hmm, even your example isn't what is happening for the Jawa case, from my experience, what happens is if you get 12 and then a 24, you still only get the initial 12 (not 24 or 36 as you point out).

Outside of screenshotting every character in our inventory and then pulling an 8 pack and then screenshotting the results page and the screenshotting the character pages again, it will be tough to give you visual proof. I would think you should have this data somewhere though?

Between this forum and a bunch of folks I play with who have taken screenshots (including myself, but not to that extent listed above), it should be pretty obvious there is an issue with this.

Also, on rare occasions, a character with multiple shard drops will tally correctly (this happened one time with Qui Gon for me) but then the same character also gets missing shards on a subsequent pull.

Unfortunately, missing shards pulled from a pack happens more often than not, someone's suggestion to just open a test account and pull 8 packs sounds like the easiest for you guys to confirm. If you can do that and post the data, maybe it can help ease our concerns, not post specific situational examples that seem similar.

I get it, there are some cases where it is appropriate as some folks may not know and be muddying up the issue, but given these are paid 8 packs and has been around since launch, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for more of a review and thorough response.

Thanks in advance!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone, we've been looking into this more to figure out what is going on. Like Damoven said, there is a known display issue we're working on fixing and are also looking into the reports of players not receiving character shards.

To help explain the display issue more, here is an example:

Let’s say we bought a Chromium x4 Bundle and the Bundle dropped like this: 12 Jawa shards, 12 Stormtrooper shards, 24 Jawa shards, and 12 Kit Fisto shards
    • Stormtrooper and Kit Fisto only dropped shards once each, so 12 of each is the correct amount
    • Jawa shards dropped twice and showed 12 the first time, then 24 the second time. The second drop is not 24 shards, but is the running total of the first 12 shards drop + the second 12 shards drop. So it is 24 total shards, not 36 total shards.

Please also note that shard drop numbers are not always the same, I have opened a pack and received 7 shards for Jedi Consular when I already owned him.
    I can't beleive after all the posts in this thread you would repeat what you previously said, palming this off as a display bug.

And fyi the reason you got 7 shards for Consular is because he is a 2★ hero and that's what you get for him as a full hero not a shard pack (a lovely little inconsistency with chromium packs to make them less enticing to use fyi), or at least it is what you should get if this bug doesn't occur.

Please read the thread @EA_Jesse or @CG_AaronNemoyten
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    Hey, I'd love to resolve my issue with you via email. If you could please respond to my post privately, I would greatly appreciate it. I have put problem reports on some of the crystal purchases with Apple, to cover myself in the long term, but I'm happy to remove those claims as soon as we resolve the problem ;)

As you can see from my purchase history, there have been a large amount of crystals spent on packs, and it's averaged out to 50% of every 8 pack I opened, an example like this has happened:

Of the 8 items purchased (in the 8pack), on average, one of them will be a duplicate. Here's an example:
    Greedo Shards x10
    Kit Fisto Shards x10
    Obi Wan Shards x10
    Ewok Shards x10
    Obi Wan Shards x10
    Leia Shards x10
    4* Anakin
    4* Poggle

The problem is, my total collected Obi Wan count only amounted to 10, and not 20.

As I said, this has happened minimum 50% of the time, and I have screen shots of it some times, but not the majority of times, as it took a few before I realized it, then many more before I discovered the hardships of contacting someone, and the seriousness that I may have to reach out to Apple about the issue.

I'd love to resolve this issue in game, as I would be happier not being refunded money, and keeping it with your company to support this product, but at the same time I would like to feel like a valued customer, and have contact with the person(s) that can help me.

Thank you.
  • Options
    holding back my refunds too...at least Jesse is updating and getting things to work around :D
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/EA_Jesse

What I would suggest, is what I have seen in some other extremely popular games

Which is the following;
    A ROLLBACK
    How was it done by other games? Very simple

Instead of going through each individual accounts, they did a roll back based on a percentage of what each account bought in crystals .. In general it was 15% crystals rolled back in each accounts.. Doesn't matter how much you spent.. That's a quick and fair way to get players somewhat happy and make them continue spending again and at same time will stop the crazy amounts of email, private messages and refund requests being sent to Google and Apple.

If a player bought 10 times vault of crystals (and I know many did buy more than that) which translate in 157,100 crystals bought then that account should get back 15% which equals 23,565 crystals.

It's not best and perfect scenario, but at least we can all come up with a common ground and move on and be more careful with those bundles until they are fixed

EA could just send a patch/update with the 15% rollback and get over this situation.. And it's quite simple to patch

The 15% is the bare minimum I would say. If EA customer service really want to be fair and show that all their players are important to them and their company revenues, I'm sure it would be closer to 18%-20% that should be rolled back

Trying to find a solution here.. If anybody has a better idea, write it
  • Options
    @LordYUGOLOTH I'd be fine with something like that as compensation, honestly (although given some reports of bug rates of closer to 25%, I'm not sure 15% is enough). But that compensation works ONLY IF they are actually able to sort out the underlying bug on the shard awards. Giving us crystals back that would be used to buy more buggy packs isn't really enough. Not saying you were suggesting otherwise, I just want to be clear that this really does need to be fixed.
  • Options
    Brrrdt

Exactly.. And you are absolutely right! They would still have to fix the issue, but in meantime, at least we are somewhat getting compensated

Lost hero progressions, had to buy more crystals than we should have to reach those 6-7*, lost rankings based on weaker heroes that should have been promoted earlier

• Options
    Brrrdt saw that video that shows exactly what happens when you pull duplicates. Kinda funny how that guy didn't notice it. I didn't notice it untill I pulled 5 Qui-Gons on just one 8 pack. I thought it was 12 shards at first but I was wrong. It was 7 because I had him already. Didn't receive the other 28 shards. Either way that video is proof that this is happening and EA better do something and finally admit it that it's no visual bug. That video just makes my blood boil since I have invested 160 in this game.
  • Options
    so let me get this straight.....I have to go and screen shot every stinking character so I can prove to you how mnay shards I have then got buy some packs and if I get duplicates of something go and doublecheck that I have or have not gotten the shards that i'm supposed to? that is a HUGE time sink to ensure that I am in fact getting the shards i'm told i'm getting. and it happens to activated characters as well so that's a real chore if I had to screen shot every stinking character before EVERY pack I buy. You guys want us to NOT spend money is that whats going on? :(
  • Options
    @Montana75 -- I noticed that the player in the video didn't realize it had happened. Crazy That suggests that the issue could be even more widespread than those of us who are speaking up about it. Curious whether we'll get any updates from @EA_Jesse or @CG_AaronNemoyten on this today.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    well seeing as apparently we have to provide screen shots of what is actually happening it seems they can't track it so I guess most of us have just flushed money down the toilet. either I have to go and screen shot every character everytime I open a single multi pack or just not bother giving them any of my money until i'm absolutely sure they've actually fixed this problem.....who has that kind of time? guess I have other things to spend my money on :(
  • Options
    @Lokai -- I have not seen any statement from @EA_Jesse on this thread (or the other one) that suggests we have to be screen shotting everything. Pretty sure @EA_Jesse even definitively said that we don't need to screenshot everything, but rather describe what has been happening. That's why I sent them to look at those videos. I'm willing to give them time to investigate, because they were clearly not aware of this until we started flagging it. But I will be opening up a request for a refund from Google Play soon if they can't get us some answers.