Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Prev13456715
usArmyJedi
351 posts Member
edited March 2019
Anyone hope the difficulty is really really up there. Harder than Chewbacca and harder than C-3PO? I’ve had Carth, Juhani, BSF, and Canderous g12’d and zeta’d for months now. So maybe I’m biased to say but I’m really not looking forward to starting off the DR meta similar to what we have now due to how much time players have gotten to farm these characters. If the requirement is not up there (at least g11-12 and a zeta or 2) then I foresee DR meta starting off at 60-70% of meta on the first release. Please don’t reward FTP with 4-6 months of viablity.
Post edited by usArmyJedi on

Replies

• usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Anyone hope the difficulty is really really up there. Harder than Chewbacca and harder than C-3PO? I’ve had Carth, Juhani, BSF, and Canderous g12’d and zeta’d for months now. So maybe I’m biased to say but I’m really not looking forward to starting off the DR meta similar to what we have now due to how much time players have gotten to farm these characters. If the requirement is not up there (at least g11-12 and a zeta or 2) then I foresee DR meta starting off at 60-70% of meta on the first release. Please don’t reward FTP with 4-6 months of viablity.

No.
  • I’m hoping g11 and up required for the event also. G12 is a little stretch but equal to chewy and 3po is fine with me
  • G12 is a stretch. Equal to chewy is more realistic.
    I used 2 g12 a g10 a g11 and a g9 and that was more difficult than 3PO.

Our only hope is that they drop him Thursday as scheduled, so not everyone will have him by waiting longer.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    I don’t understand the « No »
    Isn’t it fun to actually have a challenge in the game? Rather than push all buttons and win. What makes Chewie and C3po so cool is the fact that you had to sweat to get them. Even more so if you managed with minimum requirements and the RNG gods loved you.
    The JKR event was such a joke, it felt dirty getting him. So dirty that I didn’t even bother gearing him up. Just used sith instead!!!
    Make the event hard, I can’t bare seeing every lame joe show up with a toon and make arena boring again. Plus what do FTP players do for the game apart from whining on forums?
  • He is already the hardest to get character in game history.

We will have one more week to farm him compared to JKR, but characters were available in half the locations.

Don’t get it. Everyone said Jedi Revan was paywalled, but a harder character is too easy???
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Some gear requirement is indeed needed as we now had too much time to farm (especially if it's not even going to be released on 21st). Chewie difficulty? Not sure about that but maybe in between 3PO and Chewie.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They could just make him a counter to Revan but still be beatable by revan. Then anyone who gets him can choose light or dark and we can all just move forward.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They could just make him a counter to Revan but still be beatable by revan. Then anyone who gets him can choose light or dark and we can all just move forward.

So exactly the same as JKR then?

He was built to counter Traya but she can still win if you mod her for defense.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Isn’t it fun to actually have a challenge in the game? Rather than push all buttons and win. What makes Chewie and C3po so cool is the fact that you had to sweat to get them. Even more so if you managed with minimum requirements and the RNG gods loved you.
    really cool, unless you're not able to get the character in question and have to wait another 4-6 months before you can try again.
    The JKR event was such a joke, it felt dirty getting him. So dirty that I didn’t even bother gearing him up. Just used sith instead!!!
    Make the event hard, I can’t bare seeing every lame joe show up with a toon and make arena boring again. Plus what do FTP players do for the game apart from whining on forums?

it seems whining isn't exclusive to f2p players ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!

We will have one more week to farm him compared to JKR, but characters were available in half the locations.

Don’t get it. Everyone said Jedi Revan was paywalled, but a harder character is too easy???

I don’t agree he’s harder. I’m way ahead of where I was with Revan. Probably a week or so 😉

I don’t agree he’s harder. I’m way ahead of where I was with Revan. Probably a week or so 😉

You started panic farming earlier this time.

If you started at the same time Darth Revan is much harder.

• Some people not been on the game for a long time. Used every resource they could to farm the needed characters. Mythic events are for the challenge. Getting the characters shouldn't be a problem after all the farm efforts especially after spending for shards for the needs. Since journey will not be a mythic but plenty of us had to work a lot simply to get shards and g8-9
  • JasFonz wrote: »

How is the arena boring when there is more competition. I’d argue the other way, if only the whales get the new meta it is more boring: less competition among those with the new meta, and depending how op the meta is no use for those without the new meta trying.

All those whining that there investment is not valued just fear that they cannot continue to rule their shard on auto battles. How is that not boring.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    He is already the hardest to get character in game history.

Fun fact: gamers will find a reason to complain about absolutely anything that happens.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ctharipper wrote: »
    Some people not been on the game for a long time. Used every resource they could to farm the needed characters. Mythic events are for the challenge. Getting the characters shouldn't be a problem after all the farm efforts especially after spending for shards for the needs. Since journey will not be a mythic but plenty of us had to work a lot simply to get shards and g8-9

See that’s why I need there to be a huge ceiling for this one. I’ve been playing this game since beta and have been contributing to this game for years. I’m 60k GP away from 5M. Some shmuck that just joined the game with 2m GP should not be able to compete with me for FREE. My 3 fastest mod sets are +162, +151, +143. There should be 0 reason why someone with 2m GP and half as good as mods as I should be overtaking me in arena just cause they feel like they are entitled to get DR for free. Make it difficult, very difficult. And make some sort of paywall.

• I personally hope it’s not too hard, from a business standpoint. If it’s too hard, people won’t bother buying packs/crystals to finish starring up toons, they’ll just farm them for free at a pace they can also gear them for the event. CG will lose out big time on $$, and then they’ll be forced to do annoying cash grabs instead of making awesome content for the game. Plus, if not enough people unlock him (or if he doesn’t open arena again), people will stay burned out on the arena, which is a big driving factor for spending (if you don’t need to score high, then it doesn’t matter if you unlock toons the second time around).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Ctharipper wrote: »
    Some people not been on the game for a long time. Used every resource they could to farm the needed characters. Mythic events are for the challenge. Getting the characters shouldn't be a problem after all the farm efforts especially after spending for shards for the needs. Since journey will not be a mythic but plenty of us had to work a lot simply to get shards and g8-9

See that’s why I need there to be a huge ceiling for this one. I’ve been playing this game since beta and have been contributing to this game for years. I’m 60k GP away from 5M. Some shmuck that just joined the game with 2m GP should not be able to compete with me for FREE. My 3 fastest mod sets are +162, +151, +143. There should be 0 reason why someone with 2m GP and half as good as mods as I should be overtaking me in arena just cause they feel like they are entitled to get DR for free. Make it difficult, very difficult. And make some sort of paywall.

You want a pay2win model, which is totally understandable, but this game has a history of being rather f2p friendly and rather expensive for p2p players. I don't see it happening tbh, g11, good mods and some RNG is probably the max difficulty you can hope for.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • G20
    132 posts Member

I'd like it to be exclusive also, but I still find it funny that people who have the toons g12 want it hard and the people who are behind cry for it to be easy.

Just saying

Funny how you used “entitled” in this post.
  • DIGICHAOS
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I believe the Darth Revan event will be a little harder than Jedi Knight Revan, but not by much. If you take a look at both the C3PO and Chewbacca Event those characters that were needed for the event were in the game for a very long time which is why the gear requirement was very high. The old republic characters just recently entered the game minus HK-47.

Capital Games wants to encourage people to spend money on their game at the end of the day, so having newly created characters into the game with a high gear requirement isn't realistic. The event should be fun when it hits and hopefully Darth Revan's kit along with the reworks for Bastilla Shan (Dark) and HK-47 are very good and makes arena fun again.

Right, where would the fun be. The chewie event was the best but where’s the fun in whaling out for a character and then getting upset that others can do it at a fraction of the cost. Oh wait the game needs whalers. Thank you for supporting this game

Whale on
  • Kyno wrote: »

This. The last thing I want is another grand shift to a single team meta, and if he is too hard to unlock then we just go back to the whales ruling the roost (fair, enough, you pay for it, but as a dolphin I'd rather see variety and balance.) I'd love for a meta that allows for choice and rocks-paper-scissors gameplay, where Revan, Darth Revan, Traya, and the occasional CLS Rebel squad or other outlier all have a chance to compete. It makes it more interesting for *almost* all of us.
  • Bouhouhou i have all the OR at G12 and i want to be the only one to get DR bouhouhou
  • I just hope it isn't an RNG fest, however difficult or not it is
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I don’t think it be very tough. They have said that about other events that have not turned out to be “very tough”.
    Chewy and 3PO toons required were in the game for a long time. They had to make it that tough. These toons required have not been. (HK the exception)
    But it stand to reason that HK and HotT Bastilla will be used in his team so their gear may want to be taken to 12 anyhow, regardless of how you feel about Ordo, Juhani and Carth, who are also viable in TW and GA.

Anyone that has planned and hoarded for this, should be able to get him. At least if they take daily tip rank in one of their arenas and plan carefully. So hey they will have him.
    But I hope it’s 3/21, so they don’t make him so much easier access for all the players that don’t chase meta, and don’t work for high arena ranks.
    Like our current situation now , where about anyone can beat anyone.

A challenge? Yes. Absolutely. Another RNG mess like Chewie and 3P0....absolutely not. There’s a big difference between a challenging event and whatever you want to call the abomination that was Chewie and 3P0.

The only person saying free is you. I'm pretty sure not too many could have farmed the characters completely free in time. Juhanni and carth been on nodes what 3 weeks? Even with good arena and fleet payouts I had to buy the packs. The only person sounding entitled on this post is yourself.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    JasFonz wrote: »

No its not.

Chewy was over the top rng fest. I beat it first time around but i had no pride in my feat. It was simply luck. Plain and simple

Ewoks i didnt have up and ready for 3po round 1. But the second coming i did and it wasnt hard at all.

Again, no pride in the feat... simply had the required gear, characters and zeta.

Hard doesnt make it fun. Chewy was frustration, ewoks were better but again it was all about gear 12 elder and gear 11 others with zet chripa and having logray. I couldnt hit auto but it was done on first try.

Chewy and C3po required characters that were F2P at the point of release. The only way to make money at that is force gear sales.

I get you dont want a meta shift like JKR, but it shouldnt be over the top difficult that only breeds annoyance.

Whales who bought the characters expect return on investment. Not delivering on that with spammed preload turn meter will only hurt profit and make spenders feel cheated.

The key is just enough time for some F2P to get it if they planned really really well or spend a bit and whales who spent the cash to get it with ease.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    So maybe I’m biased to say but I’m really not looking forward to starting off the DR meta similar to what we have now due to how much time players have gotten to farm these characters.
    No... No, I wouldn’t say that.

Greedy and selfish though...