Missing cancelled GA rewards

Replies

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    So why in his mind, one zeta is equivalent to 1k crystals? Who defined that? Can you understand why that logic he used makes no sense at all?

No, I say 1 zeta is equivalent to 3 crystals.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I stopped reading when he said we are missing 4 Grand Arenas

We are actually missing two

you are assuming we get one this month and the rewards are similar.

We are getting one this month. And then all of July.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206168/tu16-grand-arena-championships-exhibition-championships-schedule#latest
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    So why in his mind, one zeta is equivalent to 1k crystals? Who defined that? Can you understand why that logic he used makes no sense at all?

Read what you just wrote and discover why it’s stupid
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    A full zeta is only worth 60 crystals?

Thank god they aren't selling them.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    A full zeta is only worth 60 crystals?

Thank god they aren't selling them.

No, a full zeta is worth 3,824 crystals
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

?????????

A full zeta is 20 mats. 20 x 3 = 60. I know 0 x 0 = 0 but how is 20 x 3 = 3,824?
  • Options
    Math is too strong on this guy. I can’t compete with that
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

?????????

A full zeta is 20 mats. 20 x 3 = 60. I know 0 x 0 = 0 but how is 20 x 3 = 3,824?

No no, it's all analogies, which aren't actual direct correlations, so it's different.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Alrighty....

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Well. Can’t argue with crazy people
  • Options
    An omega costs 200 crystals, which is the amount to refresh the final tier of omega battles.
    An omega costs 1500 fleet currency.
    A zeta costs 2000 fleet currency.
    Therefore, a single zeta mat is worth ~267 crystals.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    An omega costs 200 crystals, which is the amount to refresh the final tier of omega battles.

This would make sense if there were zeta battles.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

This would make sense if there were zeta battles.

See?! Analogies aren't direct correlations and so mean whatever you want them to.
  • Options

It's 6000 fleet currency to buy 3 zetas. But you can also buy character or ship shards with fleet currency and they do have crystal costs per shard (lowest characters being 50 crystals per shard, up to 100 for ships). So you can put a crystal value on the fleet currency itself.

At the lowest value of 50 crystals per character shard that puts the value of fleet currency at 100 fleet currency equals 50 crystals (400 currency buys 4 character shards, or 100 currency per shard).
    6000/100 = 600 *50 = 3000 crystal equivalent for 3 zetas, or 1000 per zeta.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't understand this conversation. If you can't buy a zeta with crystals, you can't assign a crystal value to a zeta.
  • Options
    I really don't understand this conversation. If you can't buy a zeta with crystals, you can't assign a crystal value to a zeta.

Because to determine "loss", even for things that have no dollar value, you have to establish equivalency. If there is no equilvancey then there is no loss because it has no *value*.

So your argument/confusion is that since you can't buy zetas they have no value and we haven't lost anything. Which is obviously not true. So putting an objective value on something with equivalency is the only fair way to calculate the loss.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    we don't know what the rewards are for this potential GA, it's not on the calendar yet, so I'm not holding my breath. it's possible there will be a bug with the Title update and it doesn't happen. as others have said you are replacing my skill based rewards with luck based rewards. I also want my pulse modulators, which are not farmable with double drops and no double drops are giving additional Guild Store currency to buy more pulse modulators.
    They announced it's happening. Right now, it's happening. Yes, something can go wrong and change the plan, but as things stand, we're getting a GA this month.

You also say we don't know what the rewards are, as if that makes them worth dismissing outright, but the rewards will be something, and the most reasonable point of reference on what those rewards will be is what we've seen in the past, rather than nothing.

Yes, double drops are different from fighting it out. Fixed would be, too. However, in the context of this game, double drops are a skill-based reward, as this is a resource management game and while luck is a factor, the larger factor in what you get out of them is how you choose to allocate your resources. Yes, you cannot get modulators from double drops. But you've also never been able to get key new character shards or kryotechs from grand arena. It's different. That doesn't make it wrong. Focus on the opportunities available rather than going line by line to find the shortfalls to complain about.
    Sometimes, you gotta compare apples and oranges, and finding ways to get everything onto a single universal currency is a reasonable way to do that. It's an imperfect art, but not invalid.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    What's the ratio of zetas bought for crystals to Schrute Bucks?
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    And that’s how people’s rosters were compared by GP in the first place. Because of people making assumptions on comparisons
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206168/tu16-grand-arena-championships-exhibition-championships-schedule#latest

so we get 1 GA this month vs potentially 4. the one that ended on the 3rd was a May GA. if you look at the calendar, we could have had 4 GA's start in June. We also don't know what the rewards are for this upcoming GA. so even if we say it's only 2 GA's, that's still 540 slicing mats, 72 pulse modulators and whatever else we would have received. double drops cost crystals
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

so we get 1 GA this month vs potentially 4. the one that ended on the 3rd was a May GA. if you look at the calendar, we could have had 4 GA's start in June. We also don't know what the rewards are for this upcoming GA. so even if we say it's only 2 GA's, that's still 540 slicing mats, 72 pulse modulators and whatever else we would have received. double drops cost crystals

Yeah but a crystal is only about a ten-thousandth of a schmeckle.
  • Options

Yeah but a crystal is only about a ten-thousandth of a schmeckle.

very true....
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @TVF reading your posts are just about as exciting as reading Edward’s posts 😂. I hope it’s worth it’s weight in gold cause being a blatant CG fan boy in just about every thread amassing posts is getting rather boring and a tad annoying.

It’s easy to hit a forum with a self righteous approach but you have to also let the people vent a little.

Then set me on ignore.

Wait, you can do this? How did I not know this? Where is this option (this is not for you specifically, just in general)

@Bulldog1205 Oh well, I did that long ago, but don't expect too much of it. The posts won't completely get out of your way. And people tend to quote him often even if it is just to tell how much they disagree. No way around that. And yes, it's really annoying.hylqtx0q6uok.png
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Lol.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lol.

I disagree with you
  • Options
    This offset is a bad idea. I have two accounts and in one account I received 6 zetas through fleet challenges, but on my other account I received 2 zetas. How is this a offset?
  • Options
    Lol.

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    This offset is a bad idea. I have two accounts and in one account I received 6 zetas through fleet challenges, but on my other account I received 2 zetas. How is this a offset?
    You get 3 zetas max for coming first place in GA if the event ran this month

You already got 1st place rewards in one account and still have two more days of double sims

And you have third place rewards on the other account with 4 more attempts
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lol.
    I agree with you.