Nikoms565 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/6Vos8TB-jWo
    not my video, but ...

JML doesn't just beat Rey he destroys her.

Well, he didn't really play that right, for one. But also, JML not so tough. JKR/JKL and DR/Wat both beat him pretty easily.

For now. Let's see if they still dancing after granpa get cranky, aka "Ultimate". They might, but let's give the old man a chance :)

The videos I saw he had his ultimate. But he never gets to it, because the buff required to charge it is preventable and dispellable. As if that weren't bad enough, the AI also doesn't prioritize Inherited Teachings, which would at least attempt to spread the buff.

Is it possible to have the ultimate already? There's a limit on refreshes right? and even with some saved energy, I'd have thought it would still be a few days away....

Yes, just not very likely. You had to either spend a bunch of money, or do the Play Points trick. I saw a screenshot of someone with 56k energy.

https://youtu.be/t19ArBoofvw

So the newest GL is countered by a team from 3 metas ago? That's concerning.

Lol sith empire counter jml with ult. Cg is so bad at testing their own game.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    After watching some of the videos (and multiple JML counters already viable), I think SEE is stronger. By a significant margin. If not, GLs have become a waste of resources.

sweet. Means JML should get upgraded in 2 months right?

Yeah, JML being the worst of the 4 means he'll be the one to get buffed. But I haven't seen any footage of GLEE on defense.

Too early to really make any judgments tbh.

Too early to judge GLEE, sure. Definitely not too early to judge JML, who is hot garbage on defense.
  • Options
    JML ain't sith compared to DR
  • Options
    Devian wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/6Vos8TB-jWo
    not my video, but ...

how did the Rey team not have a faster Rey than their Luke? Luke max base speed is 376 while Rey's is 398.....Reys lead gives +30 speed, while Lukes gives +40. If Rey started the match instead of Luke, i think things might have turned out different......mods weren't good on Rey, so i'm not sure it was a good video to go by. bad idea to have Rey get ability blocked first move.....
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    How do we get footage of jml with ult? There's zero unlocks on swgoh.gg yet.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    How do we get footage of jml with ult? There's zero unlocks on swgoh.gg yet.

.gg runs a bit behind because of how they sync.
  • TVF
    36672 posts Member
    Options
    After watching some of the videos (and multiple JML counters already viable), I think SEE is stronger. By a significant margin. If not, GLs have become a waste of resources.

Yeah, JML being the worst of the 4 means he'll be the one to get buffed. But I haven't seen any footage of GLEE on defense.

Too early to judge GLEE, sure. Definitely not too early to judge JML, who is hot garbage on defense.

The odds of a GL that is hot garbage on D not getting a buff is extremely low.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Right now people are making assumptions based on two videos where we see JML is on defense. We don't even know how good he would do on offense yet since there hasn't been much proof.

Also one video doesn't count as proof, there would have to be multiple videos with multiple attempts in each with different squads and making sure the mods are decent mods.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Right now people are making assumptions based on two videos where we see JML is on defense. We don't even know how good he would do on offense yet since there hasn't been much proof.

Also one video doesn't count as proof, there would have to be multiple videos with multiple attempts in each with different squads and making sure the mods are decent mods.

There are several videos. He is good on offense.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

When one can throw around any preemptive speculation with no accountability and infinite hyperbole, why wait to see more? It's always the serial complainers will do this, they are rather easy to pinpoint and safe to ignore.
    Post edited by MaruMaru on
  • Options

Then why are people sitting here complaining about him getting beat on defense if he is used as an offensive team?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

When once can throw around any preemptive speculation with no accountability and infinite hyperbole, why wait to see more? It's always the serial complainers will do this, they are rather easy to pinpoint and safe to ignore.

I don't think voicing concerns about the performance of the most resource-expensive character in the game would count as "serial complaining". But I guess throwing around infinite hyperbole with no accountability is par for the forums.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

When once can throw around any preemptive speculation with no accountability and infinite hyperbole, why wait to see more? It's always the serial complainers will do this, they are rather easy to pinpoint and safe to ignore.

I don't think voicing concerns about the performance of the most resource-expensive character in the game would count as "serial complaining". But I guess throwing around infinite hyperbole with no accountability is par for the forums.

It's not directed to you, as I bet you know well something that doesn't meet devs' own criteria will get changed (even if late) just like it has been numerous times.

I'm not even sure what we are looking at in the video, let alone form a sentence to raise the -jml is doomed- flag.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

It's not directed to you, as I bet you know well something that doesn't meet devs' own criteria will get changed (even if late) just like it has been numerous times.

I'm not even sure what we are looking at in the video, let alone form a sentence to raise the -jml is doomed- flag.

There is one thing that is clear in the videos from the other threads - the newest, most resource-intensive GL is getting beaten. Easily. By two teams that many people have (Sith Empire and JKR/JKL). Maybe not "flag raising" but certainly an eyebrow.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

There is one thing that is clear in the videos from the other threads - the newest, most resource-intensive GL is getting beaten. Easily. By two teams that many people have (Sith Empire and JKR/JKL). Maybe not "flag raising" but certainly an eyebrow.

Yeah and if this will turn out to be a multiplicative, low effort case through testing, it will get changed sooner than later. Nudge a skill description there, change the ai. You know the deal.

I bet once we end up playtesting all possibilities between the 4 gls, it will get further touch ups. Being the playtester at this point is a given.
  • Options

Hopefully the ultimate is gonna change that
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

He has the ultimate....he’s just not getting to it.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

Then why are people sitting here complaining about him getting beat on defense if he is used as an offensive team?

Because as the most expensive character to date he should be able to hold in arena against characters that were meta over 2 years ago?
  • Options

Nah it's to early. First off, almost every toon release has had several bugs, some of which have been game breaking from a toon evaluation standpoint.

In addition to that, people need time to play with the kit and then consider mods, turn order, and optimal team (rey's optimal team certainly wasn't the one CG offered up....). A few hours and a few videos shortly after release is not sufficient time to declare it "hot garbage". Come back in a month.

• Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options

Nah it's to early. First off, almost every toon release has had several bugs, some of which have been game breaking from a toon evaluation standpoint.

In addition to that, people need time to play with the kit and then consider mods, turn order, and optimal team (rey's optimal team certainly wasn't the one CG offered up....). A few hours and a few videos shortly after release is not sufficient time to declare it "hot garbage". Come back in a month.

True, but a properly functioning beta test team would have identified that DR and JKR could beat ULT GML handily. Either it’s WAI or they are gonna go back and change the kit, or others kits, which will cause a forum fire. It’s not a good look for the latest shiniest money maker.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

He has the ultimate....he’s just not getting to it.

Well then.... Sad face*
  • Options

True, but a properly functioning beta test team would have identified that DR and JKR could beat ULT GML handily.

I think its been proven again and again that the player base is the beta test team ;)
  • Options

True, but a properly functioning beta test team would have identified that DR and JKR could beat ULT GML handily.

I think its been proven again and again that the player base is the beta test team ;)

That still doesn't mean we enjoy it.

• MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    One thing I've learned playing this game is the shiny new toys regardless of cost or time taken to obtain are ALWAYS countered very soon after. Why I don't get excited anymore regarding anything new. Nice to have eventually but I'm enjoying getting some of these other teams completed. I went from not even trying to battle GLs to taking 60 banners from Rey's on defense. Good times ahead. Curious to see how NS do against him myself.
  • TVF
    36672 posts Member
    Options

"We"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

"We"

Sorry. Generally, the player base doesn't enjoy being unpaid beta testers. TVF apparently is fine with it.

• Options
    Why does everyone only look at GLs from a pvp perspective and base judgment according to that. Did it ever occur that maybe, just maybe they design GLs with Geo TBs in mind and giving us the tools needed to progress. All people think about is how well they do in arena and GAC and make a big stink if they dont perform the way you want them to. This game is more than just winning GAC and being 1st in arena without climbing. Just saying.....
  • Options
    Why does everyone only look at GLs from a pvp perspective and base judgment according to that. Did it ever occur that maybe, just maybe they design GLs with Geo TBs in mind and giving us the tools needed to progress. All people think about is how well they do in arena and GAC and make a big stink if they dont perform the way you want them to. This game is more than just winning GAC and being 1st in arena without climbing. Just saying.....

then why release DS GLs? Don't need SLK or GLEE for DS Geo.
  • Options
    We don't need gls for lsgeotb. Mon, jkl, 3pac, all do great there and none are gls.
  • LordDirt
    5075 posts Member
    Options

Arena is where you get crystals so it is usually the most important thing.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?