SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »
    That's not what Wat's kit says, but if that's the intended effect, sounds fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    MikKro wrote: »
    Sigh.. Just take away the galactic legend tag and unique and give them to Vader

Is the combination of the kits and the leader ability. As I said its functioning as it should according to the way each of the is written, but it may be an unintended effect, which I believe is what's being looked at.

It’s good to hear they’re looking into it. I tried a lot of different teams yesterday under SEE to try and beat it and the best case was it timed out one on one between the GLs. After 4.5 minutes, SEE was hitting for 130k on basics (after ultimate) and JML was recovering 158k per turn. That’s just not acceptable.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Shiryu wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/gGrqCMAipts

Oh hey! Look at that! JML hitting 3x as hard as SEE and the battle is over in 30sec or less!

Make SEE immune to cooldown increase and Ability block... he had so many wasted turns.

And Link should work on gl's... period. There's no reason why it doesn't.

How is this acceptable for a tank to be doing that much damage pre ultimate. SEE can’t even do that kind of damage AFTER the ultimate? I am getting tired of “we’re looking into it” as a paying customer I deserve a definitive answer whether SEE is performing as expected or will be tweaked. @CG_Doja_Fett i know you are new here and you have done a fantastic job improving the communication. We would love to hear that SEE is in fact intended to be equal to the other GL’s in terms of power and usefulness as we were led to believe. If that is the case, it will be easier to sit back patiently waiting for the tweaks that are OBVIOUSLY NEEDED because of the clear evidence of his lack of usefulness and strength.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Oh hey! Look at that! JML hitting 3x as hard as SEE and the battle is over in 30sec or less!

Make SEE immune to cooldown increase and Ability block... he had so many wasted turns.

How is this acceptable for a tank to be doing that much damage pre ultimate. SEE can’t even do that kind of damage AFTER the ultimate? I am getting tired of “we’re looking into it” as a paying customer I deserve a definitive answer whether SEE is performing as expected or will be tweaked. @CG_Doja_Fett i know you are new here and you have done a fantastic job improving the communication. We would love to hear that SEE is in fact intended to be equal to the other GL’s in terms of power and usefulness as we were led to believe. If that is the case, it will be easier to sit back patiently waiting for the tweaks that are OBVIOUSLY NEEDED because of the clear evidence of his lack of usefulness and strength.

Don't forget that tank also HEALS more then SEE ever will lol.
  • Options

Don't forget that tank also HEALS more then SEE ever will lol.

Not to mention keeping the enemy team under control
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options
    That's not what Wat's kit says, but if that's the intended effect, sounds fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is the combination of the kits and the leader ability. As I said its functioning as it should according to the way each of the is written, but it may be an unintended effect, which I believe is what's being looked at.

It’s good to hear they’re looking into it. I tried a lot of different teams yesterday under SEE to try and beat it and the best case was it timed out one on one between the GLs. After 4.5 minutes, SEE was hitting for 130k on basics (after ultimate) and JML was recovering 158k per turn. That’s just not acceptable.

I'm not sure if JML is the problem, and maybe prot up regen is intended. An easy fix would be for SEE to not be poopy doody. If this is as good as SEE gets against a Jedi turtle enemy after 5 minutes, I can't imagine how underwhelming he is against a normal enemy. You'd think his damage would be better considering he doesn't do much for his squad and starts out weak and has a difficult ultimate charge depending on enemies--and this is the perfect scenario for SEE since the enemy is based on making JML tanky, and JML is a Jedi, and JML sits there taunting without dying and dropping linked.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Those video examples of jml is funny but all against the same SEE team comp with sith empire. I’ve personally never even used that comp yet.
    Curious if that works against SEE with triumvirate.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Those video examples of jml is funny but all against the same SEE team comp with sith empire. I’ve personally never even used that comp yet.

Any thoughts on why it wouldn’t?
  • Options
    Eweff wrote: »

You're right...just assume everything.
  • Options

I'm not sure if JML is the problem, and maybe prot up regen is intended. An easy fix would be for SEE to not be poopy doody. If this is as good as SEE gets against a Jedi turtle enemy after 5 minutes, I can't imagine how underwhelming he is against a normal enemy. You'd think his damage would be better considering he doesn't do much for his squad and starts out weak and has a difficult ultimate charge depending on enemies--and this is the perfect scenario for SEE since the enemy is based on making JML tanky, and JML is a Jedi, and JML sits there taunting without dying and dropping linked.

The situation as a whole is a problem. GLs are the first time that a toon has had such a large health pool. So bastila’s lead was never an issue with Jedi before because you just wear them down. Even if they used Wat, it wouldn’t have been an issue, but now we have a Jedi that’s receiving over 500k protection up and is then able to regen 30% of that and dispel any debuffs that might help you stop him.

I feel like link should be able to drain protection up as well or that Wat’s buff shouldn’t allow protection up to regen (just normal protection). Or it could even be as simple as allowing protection up to be dispelled (not a fan of this since it makes bastila’s lead very weak).
  • Options
    Starl0rd wrote: »

If one cant give a reason for why a different comp would make a difference then the only reasonable conclusion is to assume it doesnt. Is it not for example reasonable to assume that it would still work agaisnt SEE with Jawas, even without testing it? And while testing is always encouraged, discrediting videos without any actual argument for why a different team would make a difference is not constructive in the slightest.
  • Options

If one cant give a reason for why a different comp would make a difference then the only reasonable conclusion is to assume it doesnt.

Incorrect.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options

I didn’t say that at all. I just wanted to hear his thoughts on why it would be different.
  • Options

If one cant give a reason for why a different comp would make a difference then the only reasonable conclusion is to assume it doesnt.

Incorrect.

How so? Or cant you give an argument for that either?
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    I also think that it is silly for people to act like SEE isn’t WAI.
    CG says they did testing and if they did testing then they obviously would’ve tested JML + Wat vs SEE. That’s one of the first few comps to test for SEE vs JML. Therefore they knew about this interaction and released it, therefore it is intentional.
  • Options
    CG says they did testing and if they did testing then they obviously would’ve tested JML + Wat vs SEE. That’s one of the first few comps to test for SEE vs JML. Therefore they knew about this interaction and released it, therefore it is intentional.

I think its more so that people hope that SEE isnt intended to suck against every GL.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Haha touchy crowd!!
    Asked a simple question get no answer.
    Guess I’ll make my own videos since people can’t say anything constructive.
    Feels like the US politics are trickling into these forums.
    We got the left and rights.
    All the talk of how we needed to field test to see what SEE was able to do and yet I ask a question about a different comp and that’s hill people defend lol
    I’ve faced that jml team with my SEE and triumvirate and never had that happen. Hence my curiosity.
    Sorry I’m not the jedi game master like you all are apparently. I like to see things play out. These kits are so complex these days it’s hard to follow every move.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

By the same token, it seems silly to act like they are happy with exactly where he is.

They always state that they get more information when any toon is "in the wild", then they could during internal testing (including beta program).

They also stated they are keeping an eye on things, not that he is WAI, so again seems silly to think he is 100% WAI.
  • Options
    Haha touchy crowd!!
    All the talk of how we needed to field test to see what SEE was able to do and yet I ask a question about a different comp and that’s hill people defend lol
    I’ve faced that jml team with my SEE and triumvirate and never had that happen. Hence my curiosity.
    Sorry I’m not the jedi game master like you all are apparently. I like to see things play out. These kits are so complex these days it’s hard to follow every move.

My comments werent directed towards you, since you didnt try to discredit the video by any means but just said you were curious, so hope ot didnt come of as me bashing you. To get the crazy dmg JML needs Jedis Will and Grandmasters training , however since JKL always starts with his Stun, and JML uses his AoE first before he gets the buffs, and since its not likely that both JKL and HYoda will both buff JML on defense it wont happen the same way when you try fighting it with SEE.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Haha touchy crowd!!

I will answer your question. These large numbers are based on the fact that SE reduces their defense for exchanging higher offensive output. So, I don't think these numbers would be the same for a traditional SEE team without SE (which has shown to be less than ideal due to preventing ultimate charge). That said, it is still unacceptable.
  • Options
    Haha touchy crowd!!

I will answer your question. These large numbers are based on the fact that SE reduces their defense for exchanging higher offensive output. So, I don't think these numbers would be the same for a traditional SEE team without SE (which has shown to be less than ideal due to preventing ultimate charge). That said, it is still unacceptable.

Thats only if they have ferocity, which in this case they didnt even have time to get before they got smashed. So the damage would be the same against Triumverate.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Haha touchy crowd!!

Thats only if they have ferocity, which in this case they didnt even have time to get before they got smashed. So the damage would be the same against Triumverate.

Ok you are right, I watched it again. That is impressive amount of offense up, crit damage up, other buffs, etc. I wonder what would happen if See had all those buffs. Do you think he would break 100k on his special (pre ulitmate single target, I may add). Link needs to prevent crit on GLs, that could help.
  • Options
    ... wow.

Jedi’s Will makes him ignore Armor.

Link blocking crits on GLs would help significantly, vs this comp and vs SLKR, but thanks to Cooldown Increase it’s not quite enough. (JML ignores Taunt so SET won’t help there.)
  • Options
    As an update, there is 1 SEE in my 4 plus year old arena shard in top 50. Just saying.
  • Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    As an update, there is 1 SEE in my 4 plus year old arena shard in top 50. Just saying.

There *were* at the time of typing - are they still? 🙃
  • Options
    CG says they did testing and if they did testing then they obviously would’ve tested JML + Wat vs SEE. That’s one of the first few comps to test for SEE vs JML.

Nothing in life is a guarantee. We don't know what testing they did. Nobody is perfect, they certainly could have missed something.

• Options

...not going to waste my time "arguing" with someone who assumes a conclusion because they didn't take the time to gather the data/info.

To be clear, I wouldn't mind seeing one of my GL's get polished up and tweaked, however I don't necessarily support a buff to the easiest obtainable GL of the 4. The multiple SEE's in my arena shard do just fine in the top 10 every day, and they do not run with any of the teams used as examples throughout this thread.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Starl0rd what team do they use?
  • Options

To be clear, I wouldn't mind seeing one of my GL's get polished up and tweaked, however I don't necessarily support a buff to the easiest obtainable GL of the 4. The multiple SEE's in my arena shard do just fine in the top 10 every day, and they do not run with any of the teams used as examples throughout this thread.

If you don’t mind me asking, what teams are they using? Anything people can try and test out helps find counters and un-counters, and I haven’t been able to brainstorm an optimal team beyond SEE, Triumvirate, SET.
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    CG says they did testing and if they did testing then they obviously would’ve tested JML + Wat vs SEE. That’s one of the first few comps to test for SEE vs JML.

Nothing in life is a guarantee. We don't know what testing they did. Nobody is perfect, they certainly could have missed something.

Missed something, hold the phone here. That's like saying SEE is good to awesome in all kinds of ways , great raid damage. Handles GAC, TW and Arena both on offense and defense but whoopies they missed this interaction.

That isn't even close to reality, they missed the mark almost everywhere with SEE. Yes he is great against GAS, wonderful against Jedi most of the time after that, he is good, not great. Good as is JKR is good.

Now lets compare the investment and the restrictions.

JKR I need 5 toons at 7* and I could leave 3 of them at level 1 and 2 at g12, both of who will flesh out your JKR squad... Jolee and Bastilla Shan as such zero wasted gear. Zero restrictions on who he can be placed with, works well in lead or as a bring along toon

SEE - 14 toons at 7*, 1 ship at 6*. 5 @ R7 (3 good toons, 1 solid, 1 crap), 2 @ R6 (1 good, 1 solid), 1@ r5 (good), 2 @ r4 (both crap), 4 @ R3 (2 solid, 2 crap). None, not one of these toons is suggested in the SEE lineup nor in the 2 different variants for SEE. None of them are tanks per the "testing" performed. So I need to gear up 4 additional toons to make a SEE team. I must have him in the lead slot, I cannot put him with another GL and as a toon, he does less damage than almost all attackers(JKA, JKR, GAS, Vader, Han, Snips, Arc, Revan, GG, B1, DDK, CLS, SiT, with similar gear and mods. He does less damage than all the other GLs. You get one shot with the Ult, after that you do no more damage.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options

By the same token, it seems silly to act like they are happy with exactly where he is.

They always state that they get more information when any toon is "in the wild", then they could during internal testing (including beta program).

They also stated they are keeping an eye on things, not that he is WAI, so again seems silly to think he is 100% WAI.

Agreed. I maybe should’ve been a little more precise I was solely talking about the Wat JML interaction being WAI.
This discussion has been closed.