Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• If you’re looking into updates on gear farming (which we’re anxiously awaiting with our 7* toons and no stun guns!), please also consider updating the daily challenges! In particular, would love for the TAC Gear challenge to contain anything remotely useful!
  • Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    When will the full character bronizum drops be adjusted to give us the same amount of shard currency for bronziums again? E.g. 20 Wicket shards instead of 10.
    Wicket isn’t in bronzium.

They adjusted the drop rates of full characters, so you get them twice as often as before.
  • I like spreadsheets and data. This is a work in progress but the broad brush strokes have become very stable. All data collected after the final adjustment to the Full Character drop rate. This should settle some arguments (HAH!) about the significance of the fix.

g9gyv2zyx1za.png

Full data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jfPPN5Kf_swsLq03DABby2ABS2YURYnxIUOFKLOVdpw/edit?usp=sharing
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    CG: "These changes clearly open the door to conversations about other economies, including Gear. Without making promises, we are in the midst of exploring how this could change in the future - but we need to adjust Shard rates first. Shards play a foundational role in Galaxy of Heroes and have a cascading impact into subsequent economies. This makes them an essential place to start and finish before we make adjustments to systems that will be affected by changes to Shards."

It's been a few months since the shard economy change was implemented. Any updates on how the exploration about other economies (gear) is going?

GC twice a week, more gear. Conquest mode, more gear.
    If more content is the plan to give us more gear, kudos CG, gimme more !

I'm not seeing GC as a great source of gear myself.
    Its usually absolute crap actually.
    I pointed this out a while back & was told GCs are for Slicer Mats & the gear isn't meant to be good, essentially.

So I'm still wondering where the new gear is coming from.
    Personally I wouldn't mind if they just reduced the prices in the Shard Shop so that goes further.
    It would be a start at least.

We'll see how this Conquest mode works but if its anything like GC then I'm not seeing the gear crunch get any less, at all.
  • I like spreadsheets and data. This is a work in progress but the broad brush strokes have become very stable. All data collected after the final adjustment to the Full Character drop rate. This should settle some arguments (HAH!) about the significance of the fix.

g9gyv2zyx1za.png

Full data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jfPPN5Kf_swsLq03DABby2ABS2YURYnxIUOFKLOVdpw/edit?usp=sharing
    Nice job :)