New conquest event feedback

Replies

• Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @SquirtyMcFunbuns that's hard to believe. I managed all the sectors with 5.2m GP and even avoided using SLKR other than feat cleanup and the final JMLS fight.

Perhaps it's an issues of modding or poor data card choices. You can punch way above weight class with the right cards.

I haven’t unlocked any galactic legend characters. I’m f2p. This event isn’t happening for me.

Ah yes, the good old "you gotta be p2p to have a GL" argument. Never gets old.

You don’t have to but it does limit your choices quite a bit. I’ve stopped my GL grind to focus on the Beskar Mando farm for now. GL always gets pushed to the back burner because of the length of farm. I’m fine with that.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Id also say the crate is too hard to get.

I know you dont need all the feats... but i still feel like im down to the few i vant do and the few that are largely annoying to do without said needed counter.

Think lower the amount of feats needed to get to red crate or up the number of tokens a feat grants.

Sucks to have 3 starred it all and yet not be there

Need is a strong word.

From your other post, knowing you are close doesnt help you get it. You still need a proper plan and proper execution, which can be done without a counter.

It would be a great thing and much appreciated, but much like the argument for hiding scores on GAC, if you just plan to do everything in your power to do it, knowing (or not) changes nothing.

Difference is without the counter i dont know if i need to rethink, remod or just tweak a move or two.

So yes need is the correct term.

Just like scoring in GAC, you can do all of that before hand in your plan, and go in expecting that you need to 100%maximize your effort.

Players are doing it without a counter, so no need is not the correct term.

I am not arguing not to get it.

While i get you arent saying we shouldnt want it.... i disagree with you completely.

I am not going to do maximum effort and move all kinds of mods to stab in the dark at something. Im either there or im not.

I then evaluate where i am based on how close to the goal i am. The fact that it doesnt give me a count or progress bar at all means i am unable to evaluate.

If im 1 or 2 away, i tweak my play. But i need to consider what i could be doing wrong.

If im way off i need to evaluate mods or gear or zeta or the team in general.

I cant tell any of that without the desired count/bar.

So yes need is correct in my case.

The continued use of feats i cant tell if im close to getting or way off is annoying and un fun. It makes me not want to do them

Example: Currently im 37/50 thermals and i dont have good mods or gear on any of my characters that dish out thermals. I will power through because i have that counter. If i didnt know... i wouldnt be trying that feat.

Your not in the dark, you can count.

All I said was need is a strong word, because there are absolutely ways around not having it, very simply infact.

There are also many scenarios where it being there does nothing if you are already putting in maximum effort.

Knowing you need 3 more in a battle where the opponent will due on your next move does nothing for you, you will just go in again and try.

Again, I understand you want it and it is absolutely a great QoL update to get that in here, need is a strong word. You can do it without it, just like other have.

Can we get off the complete semantic argument over the use of the word “need?” You want a progress bar (you’ve said so), I want a progress bar, and most players want a progress bar for tracking these feats.

Devs can you please give us a progress bar for feats?
  • Options
    @SquirtyMcFunbuns that's hard to believe. I managed all the sectors with 5.2m GP and even avoided using SLKR other than feat cleanup and the final JMLS fight.

Perhaps it's an issues of modding or poor data card choices. You can punch way above weight class with the right cards.

I haven’t unlocked any galactic legend characters. I’m f2p. This event isn’t happening for me.

My alt is 3.6 mil. Has no GLs. Only full relic squads are Geonosians and Padme GR. I've finished sector 2. My alt doesn't have Darth Revan, has a g12 JKR I haven't even used in this event, and my other squads as I work for SLK are really lacking.

It can definitely be done.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

You don’t have to but it does limit your choices quite a bit. I’ve stopped my GL grind to focus on the Beskar Mando farm for now. GL always gets pushed to the back burner because of the length of farm. I’m fine with that.

I guess if you're fine with putting off getting some of the most powerful characters in the game, you'll have to be fine with not completing events. Choices have consequences.

That said, I've barely used my GLs in Conquest normal mode. It actually makes it harder to accomplish feats. The battles end too quick.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SquirtyMcFunbuns that's hard to believe. I managed all the sectors with 5.2m GP and even avoided using SLKR other than feat cleanup and the final JMLS fight.

I believe many would say this is a bad plan, unless you have at least 1 GL.

Also, if any one GL is that far off for you at 5.7M GP, you may have spread yourself out too much along the way. You should consider a different plan that has a more focused approach on what you are doing and never let them distract you with a new thing. Plans can always change, but you also have to have some resolve to finish them at times.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

I know you dont need all the feats... but i still feel like im down to the few i vant do and the few that are largely annoying to do without said needed counter.

Think lower the amount of feats needed to get to red crate or up the number of tokens a feat grants.

Need is a strong word.

From your other post, knowing you are close doesnt help you get it. You still need a proper plan and proper execution, which can be done without a counter.

It would be a great thing and much appreciated, but much like the argument for hiding scores on GAC, if you just plan to do everything in your power to do it, knowing (or not) changes nothing.

Difference is without the counter i dont know if i need to rethink, remod or just tweak a move or two.

Just like scoring in GAC, you can do all of that before hand in your plan, and go in expecting that you need to 100%maximize your effort.

Someone: I need food, I haven't eaten in three days

Kyno, probably: People have survived more than three days without food, so no need is not the correct term

This is such a ludicrous semantical argument. Can you really not see a situation where we need the counter so we know whether or not our strategy is working? Maybe I removed 699% turn meter in the battle, just falling short, and getting a bit better rng would have gotten me the feat, so my strategy is sound. Or maybe I only removed 300%, so I need to use a different team comp. So yes I do need a counter, and it doesn't matter whether or not other players have been doing it without one.

Wrong.

Here you go:

I need a hotdog on a bun.

Here is a hotdog.

No I need the bun.
    Need is a strong word for the current scenario. It can be done without it, and the preference is to have it, but it is not needed.

But kyno removal of the bun makes it not the standard idea of what a hot dog is.

In most of the world, a "hot dog" is recognized as a sausage in a bun. The variation of meat is common, turkey dog, beef, etc.

The bun is some what constant. Thrre are cases where it is swapped for something else, most famous being the dipped and stick we know as a corndog.

But yes if the average person asks for a hot dog the bun is expected and there for considered a needed part of the equation.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Need is a strong word.

While i get you arent saying we shouldnt want it.... i disagree with you completely.

I am not going to do maximum effort and move all kinds of mods to stab in the dark at something. Im either there or im not.

I then evaluate where i am based on how close to the goal i am. The fact that it doesnt give me a count or progress bar at all means i am unable to evaluate.

If im 1 or 2 away, i tweak my play. But i need to consider what i could be doing wrong.

If im way off i need to evaluate mods or gear or zeta or the team in general.

I cant tell any of that without the desired count/bar.

So yes need is correct in my case.

The continued use of feats i cant tell if im close to getting or way off is annoying and un fun. It makes me not want to do them

Example: Currently im 37/50 thermals and i dont have good mods or gear on any of my characters that dish out thermals. I will power through because i have that counter. If i didnt know... i wouldnt be trying that feat.

"Your not in the dark, you can count."
    Wow, just wow.

So because i can inconvience myself to do it, its suddenly ok?

As a paying customer, no that is not ok. That is a workaround in a suboptimal state. It shouldnt be the expectation or the norm and expecting the customer to just deal with it is just wrong.
    All I said was need is a strong word, because there are absolutely ways around not having it, very simply infact.

There are also many scenarios where it being there does nothing if you are already putting in maximum effort.

Knowing you need 3 more in a battle where the opponent will due on your next move does nothing for you, you will just go in again and try.

And again this game is not always about going maximum effort. The challenge is doing it with the least effort. Most reward for least spend of time vs resource. Its a balance. Maximum effort is not always what a player is going to do.

Therefore, knowing i need 3 more when the opponent is about to die does give me essential information. It tells me i need to be creative and not be as agressive. Depending on the team im using, i can simply delay attacks by healing or stunning, etc.

Will i lose the 15 energy, yes. But will i know the next round what to try... yes. The issue here is not the current try and the following but instead the never knowing how close and the extra attempts that causes beyond the 2.
    Again, I understand you want it and it is absolutely a great QoL update to get that in here, need is a strong word. You can do it without it, just like other have.

No, your opinion is i can make do. Im not going to be doing those feats because i dont have the counter.

Im not going to slow it down to 1 speed so i can manually count either. And for things like reduce 700% turn meter, even that wont help. Gideon does 100% but from there i would need to write down how many hits im making that subtract tm from the data disc and factor in say hans basic... i dont want to make a spreadsheet or sticky note to track a mobile game.

I will not make a compromise that detracts from my enjoyment so that i can "make do".

So for me its need.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options

My alt is f2p, 2.85m, and got SLKR a few weeks ago. Have you....actually tried to get a GL???
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options

Then you have to be fine with Conquest too, because a GL will help you there more than MBA (and everywhere else too btw). You can blame CG for your choices if you want, but you won't get anywhere doing it.
  • gura
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Why Impulse Detectors are not in any reward box?
    All other relic mats (even Aeromagnifiers) are included, only ID are missing.

Is it purposely (if yes, why so) or (hopefully) it's by mistake and they'll be added in next Conquest? @CG_Doja_Fett
  • Options
    Here is some feedback: I think a player ought to be able to modify equipped Data Disks and use Consumables from the squad selection screen. I was nearly finished with Sector 3 before I realized I had to back out to the sector selection screen and click the inventory button to access these items.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    To confirm, just got through Sector 2 with my 2.4M GP account. EP, Vader, Thrawn, GK, & JKA are my only relics. JKR, Padme, CLS are my only major characters beyond the list above. I have a few more characters at G12 but nothing crazy.

https://swgoh.gg/p/323533964/
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I guess if you're fine with putting off getting some of the most powerful characters in the game, you'll have to be fine with not completing events. Choices have consequences.

That said, I've barely used my GLs in Conquest normal mode. It actually makes it harder to accomplish feats. The battles end too quick.

I used them in the last sector only
  • Options
    So one thing I think is interesting is how little Stamina comes into play.

Since it takes 5 hours to regenerate 10% stamina and 3 hours to regenerate energy for a single battle, if you have even 2 good squads you're using, you can alternate and never worry about attacking a battle with less than full stamina with your regular energy.

Now, purchased energy is a different thing. If you purchase energy to get through things faster, you buy 8 battles worth at once To make things work out, you probably need about 5 good teams. You buy energy, do 4-5 battles immediately, then wait 5 hours & do 3 battles immediately (all 3 squads are back up to full at this point). Now you're at 40 energy max (25 if you did 5 battles the first time), and if you wait 5 hours you can do another 3 battles, which will take you from 65 energy (by that point) down to 20 energy.

But done that way, it's easy to see you can buy one energy refresh per day and still keep yourself to only 4-5 teams, with only 3 really good ones.

Since there appears to be enough energy just from regular, free accumulation to finish the event if you don't lose more than a couple battles, that means that purchased energy would mostly be refreshed to pick up feats.

So... there's strategy involved, and I am definitely NOT saying that I want stamina to refresh more slowly, but the impact is always going to be felt most keenly on people who refresh more than 1x per day. Stay below that & you should be able to get by with very few top-tier teams.
  • Options
    Anyone else struggling with the remove 700% turn meter? Both my imp troopers and rebels just demolish SEE way too early and can't remove enough TM
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options

Since it takes 5 hours to regenerate 10% stamina and 3 hours to regenerate energy for a single battle, if you have even 2 good squads you're using, you can alternate and never worry about attacking a battle with less than full stamina with your regular energy.

Now, purchased energy is a different thing. If you purchase energy to get through things faster, you buy 8 battles worth at once To make things work out, you probably need about 5 good teams. You buy energy, do 4-5 battles immediately, then wait 5 hours & do 3 battles immediately (all 3 squads are back up to full at this point). Now you're at 40 energy max (25 if you did 5 battles the first time), and if you wait 5 hours you can do another 3 battles, which will take you from 65 energy (by that point) down to 20 energy.

But done that way, it's easy to see you can buy one energy refresh per day and still keep yourself to only 4-5 teams, with only 3 really good ones.

Since there appears to be enough energy just from regular, free accumulation to finish the event if you don't lose more than a couple battles, that means that purchased energy would mostly be refreshed to pick up feats.

So... there's strategy involved, and I am definitely NOT saying that I want stamina to refresh more slowly, but the impact is always going to be felt most keenly on people who refresh more than 1x per day. Stay below that & you should be able to get by with very few top-tier teams.

We still need to see how hard mode plays out. Fail enough battles (or not get enough stars on the wins) and you may be forced to refresh to finish.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

We still need to see how hard mode plays out. Fail enough battles (or not get enough stars on the wins) and you may be forced to refresh to finish.

This.

Seeing how easy things are right now just means you are ready for hard mode. I think that will be a different beast all together.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Options
    I think this should be running all the time. No two weeks off. It's great fun and not that much of a time drain if you aren't refreshing.

Which I did as it was fun!
  • Options
    Feats..... these are already starting to hamper the experience. And now I get the honor of using resources on attempting them unlike GC's where you can keep trying. Only negative I have so far......feats.
  • Options
    SquirtyMcFunbuns that's hard to believe. I managed all the sectors with 5.2m GP and even avoided using SLKR other than feat cleanup and the final JMLS fight.

Also, if any one GL is that far off for you at 5.7M GP, you may have spread yourself out too much along the way. You should consider a different plan that has a more focused approach on what you are doing and never let them distract you with a new thing. Plans can always change, but you also have to have some resolve to finish them at times.

This actually the least of my concerns here. I know the GL are what is needed for basically every mode in the game. Me not going with them is a limiting choice I am making to focus on characters I actually like. I don’t blame EA or CG for my not having GL characters. I am blaming them for how they’ve structured the difficulty for the “normal” event as part of the roll out.

I like The Mandalorian. I want the beskar, so I’m farming that. I (obviously) also want the Razor Crest - not because what it means for success in the game but because of its relation to The Mandalorian. I’m fine if it’s a long farm. I’ve got like 5-6 years in this game. I need beskar Mando when I do eventually get Razor Crest. I think that ship should be more accessible to more players just like they made beskar Mando more accessible and a easier farm.

That’s it. That’s the entirety of my complaint.

*engage git gud / you don’t deserve it shield*
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

This actually the least of my concerns here. I know the GL are what is needed for basically every mode in the game. Me not going with them is a limiting choice I am making to focus on characters I actually like. I don’t blame EA or CG for my not having GL characters. I am blaming them for how they’ve structured the difficulty for the “normal” event as part of the roll out.

I like The Mandalorian. I want the beskar, so I’m farming that. I (obviously) also want the Razor Crest - not because what it means for success in the game but because of its relation to The Mandalorian. I’m fine if it’s a long farm. I’ve got like 5-6 years in this game. I need beskar Mando when I do eventually get Razor Crest. I think that ship should be more accessible to more players just like they made beskar Mando more accessible and a easier farm.

So you don't have Darth Revan, Jedi Knight Revan, Padme, Gen Sky, Malak, Traya, Geonosians, Nightsisters, Rebels, Bounty Hunters, Imperial Troopers to be able to clear sectors 1 & 2. How do you have a 5.7 mil account without any squads? Normal isn't difficult; GLs literally don't even factor into it.

Show us your .gg page. Cuz I'm not having any issues even without Darth Revan and with not very good mods. https://swgoh.gg/p/462634522/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

What teams do you have that you use and were built because you like them?

You seem to have made some odd choices on your development if you got to that point of GP, but dont have enough decent teams to work your way through most of normal.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    You made posts ages ago about the then-new Chewbacca event difficulty. I'm assuming you have him 7* and hopefully maxed? That means ideally at least a full g13 CLS team?

Mine carried me through probably 1/4 of all the nodes, even when down at 40% stamina, when they had the right data cards.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Dunno whether it was mentioned already but Data Disk Stockpiles shouldn't offer indentical data disks.
    My Sector 3 after boss stockpile has Ruthless Debilitation twice with the same exact stats.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options

How do I count how much TM removal I've done?
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    th3evo wrote: »
    Dunno whether it was mentioned already but Data Disk Stockpiles shouldn't offer indentical data disks.
    My Sector 3 after boss stockpile has Ruthless Debilitation twice with the same exact stats.

Why shouldn't identical discs be offered? The effects stack.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

How do I count how much TM removal I've done?

tenor.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They are looking at the situation when identical ones show up at the same time. That is a bug.
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options

They are looking at the situation when identical ones show up at the same time. That is a bug.

Then why is there a "you own x" counter?