[MERGE] Free Cantina energy

Prev134567
wildnz
257 posts Member
edited April 2021
Thanks CG. I Usually dismiss these as fast as the animation when opening a Bronzium, but this is nice. rs8a884bd56b.jpg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Hm, how do I find this pack if I closed the ad by reflex?
  • Options
    A guild mate mentioned this and I wasn't seeing it (wasn't sure if I had dismissed it first thing this morning on autopilot like you guys say), so did a proper shutdown of the game, and then after going into character roster and back out to cantina screen, it popped. Nice treat!
  • Options
    I accidentally dismissed it like all the other junk that comes up. It hasn’t shown up again.
  • Options
    Yeah but all the other ads were located somewhere else too. In the store, or on the main screen as a special offer. I find it really strange that this ad was actually the offer itself.
  • Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    I accidentally dismissed it like all the other junk that comes up. It hasn’t shown up again.

I reinstalled the game and got this offer again afterwards.
  • Options
    of course I closed it out also. anyone able to locate this after?
  • Options
    Reinstall worked for me too. Clearing the cache wasnt enough
  • Options
    How randomly does it happen? I logged in 2x already and never got the pop-up. I read about in on discord first, so can't have clicked it away.
  • Options
    Some communication prior to the roll out of this would have been wonderful...
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this - I closed the app and opened and got it.
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    You don’t have to reinstall the game, just force restart the app a few times and it should pop up again.
  • Options
    Hey guys! I don't know if this is in the correct section or not, but I just got something called a Free Daily Cantina Energy Pack. I've never gotten one before. Is it new, and will it replace the refill at 11:00? (I didn't think to get a picture before I opened it)
  • Options
    I have two accounts,one got pack,another no pack,i don't know why 7lhyleb9twb5.png
  • Options
    I got one, popped after Daily Login
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

This is why we can't have nice things.

CG: Here have free energy:
    FORUMS: Why weren't we notified ahead of time so we could plan accordingly?!?!?!?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

FORUMS: Why weren't we notified ahead of time so we could plan accordingly?!?!?!?

Is this why we can't have nice things?
    That does not make sense lmao... you just didn't find something to pick on and went full random
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    Is this supposed to be for everyone or is it targeted somehow?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Is this supposed to be for everyone or is it targeted somehow?

I got it...but...

174bwj.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Ahhh, well that explains why I didn’t get it :(
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb are we going to get 100 daily cantina energy for 7 days?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I would’ve dismissed it if it wasn’t for OPs post

Thanks!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

That does not make sense lmao... you just didn't find something to pick on and went full random

How does it not make sense and how is what I said random?

CG gave us free stuff. And naturally someone on the forum found a way to complain about it in a way that makes zero sense.
  • Options
    Luckily a guild mate warned us ahead of time and I got it when I started up the game, otherwise I would have dismissed it too.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Banr_05 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I don't know if this is in the correct section or not, but I just got something called a Free Daily Cantina Energy Pack. I've never gotten one before. Is it new, and will it replace the refill at 11:00? (I didn't think to get a picture before I opened it)

This is the targeted advertising mechanic creating a free 100 cantina energy. It has only happened for free items a few times before this. This won’t replace your normal refreshes.
  • CrispyFett
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

How does it not make sense and how is what I said random?

CG gave us free stuff. And naturally someone on the forum found a way to complain about it in a way that makes zero sense.

I think the sentiment is nice, however, as is often the case with this game, the execution was poor. Many people close out the pop-ups immediately, because, up until now, they were meaningless. Others, who may turn on the game in the morning, bleary-eyed, prior to having their coffee, while getting their 3 children ready for school, may close it out immediately without having read it. The OP's post doesn't make "zero sense". It raises this issue for others who may not have started the game yet. It also raises the issue of how things can be done better in this game. If the devs wanted this to be a fun surprise (which is nice), perhaps an inbox notification, or having the offer as a box on the right-hand side of the screen like other "special offers" would work better in the future.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    The OP's post doesn't make "zero sense".

Go back and read the exchange again. I was not referring to the OP's post. I literally quoted the one I was talking about in my first post.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Also apparently you missed that OP didn't complain.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    If they really just wanted to give us free energy for SWday, they'd have sent it to the inbox instead of making it a pop up when those only serve to advertise packs in all other instances.

They've used pop-ups to give free stuff before too