Executor unlock method concerns.. Confirmed

Replies

• LordDirt
    5040 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So how much do zetas on pilots help with ships? Worth throwing on all the zetas on the BHs?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So how much do zetas on pilots help with ships? Worth throwing on all the zetas on the BHs? A lot of leadership ones I never will use.
    They increase crew power hence will increase speed.

This will usually only be relative in a mirror match
  • LordDirt
    5040 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, figure there will be plenty of Executor mirror matches coming.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Usually the AI is crap on mirror matches in fleets so you win on offense even if you don’t max out your toons. And for the same reason you lose on defense so still not worth maxing the toons.
  • Options
    Usually the AI is crap on mirror matches in fleets so you win on offense even if you don’t max out your toons. And for the same reason you lose on defense so still not worth maxing the toons.

If I believe what I read here and there, nego mirror was harder if you were slower. Everyone having a r8 executor captain, the only difference in speed will be stars. Sometimes number of reinforcement could also be an issue. I guess will figure out in 8 days !
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

If I believe what I read here and there, nego mirror was harder if you were slower. Everyone having a r8 executor captain, the only difference in speed will be stars. Sometimes number of reinforcement could also be an issue. I guess will figure out in 8 days !

Negotiator mirror is super easy if you’re faster but if you know how the AI works you could get a 100% win rate even with an under geared Negotiator team against a relic 8 team. But if you don’t know how the AI works you’ll probably not win.
  • Options

Negotiator mirror is super easy if you’re faster but if you know how the AI works you could get a 100% win rate even with an under geared Negotiator team against a relic 8 team. But if you don’t know how the AI works you’ll probably not win.

Care to share ?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options

Care to share ?

I assume one example would be knowing the upcoming abilities of the cap ship. if you know the negotiator can use the republic protection ability next turn, it will only use it if a ship is around that 50% health. So I just waste some hits on other ships and the ai will use impeccable timing instead. That's just one example I can think of but I still use mal against negotiator most of the time.
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Care to share ?

BitDynasty has plenty of very good guides, not only for negotiator.
    https://swgoh4.life/ships/negotiator/

Edit: this is also a very nice guide for counters https://www.grandarenascience.com/counters/fleet/
  • Options

Care to share ?

BitDynasty has plenty of very good guides, not only for negotiator.
    https://swgoh4.life/ships/negotiator/

Edit: this is also a very nice guide for counters https://www.grandarenascience.com/counters/fleet/

Thanks, that interesting (no sarcasm), but… r7 vs r8 isn’t what I thought you meant by ‘undergeared’… as the start of the conversation was 4* Executor vs 7*, I hoped for a little more than that ^^
  • Options
    The same strategy he’s showing works even if you don’t have r7, I don’t know the exact bottom limit but the important part is showing how to trick the AI even when you’re slower and weaker.
  • Options
    If its meta defining and you whale on shards first day, you'll only need 60days at first place with no refreshes to gain back what you spent. If that means that maybe I only have to do one or two battles a day, ill glady take that over fighting 5 or more times a day with the same ships ive been using for almost 2+ years.

Im really hoping for it to be some sort of GL equivalant and start pushing out the mals and negos so I dont have to spend so much time climbing.
  • Options
    I'm still disappointed how the game isn't flooded with characters and ships so that everyone is not chasing after the same ship at the same time. Instead it's been one meta, then an anti-meta, then a new meta, etc etc etc.

Captain Needa = Star Destroyer "Avenger"
    Admiral Trench = CIS "Invincible"
    Jan Dodonna = Nebulon-B Frigate
    Admiral Konstantine = Star Destroyer "Relentless" or an Arquitens-class light cruiser
    Commander Jun Sato = "Phoenix Nest" (Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier)
    Admiral Kilian = "Endurance" (Venator-class Star Destroyer) [technically it was his ship, not Mace Windu]
    Admiral Brom Titus = Imperial Interdictor
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still disappointed how the game isn't flooded with characters and ships so that everyone is not chasing after the same ship at the same time. Instead it's been one meta, then an anti-meta, then a new meta, etc etc etc.

Captain Needa = Star Destroyer "Avenger"
    Admiral Trench = CIS "Invincible"
    Jan Dodonna = Nebulon-B Frigate
    Admiral Konstantine = Star Destroyer "Relentless" or an Arquitens-class light cruiser
    Commander Jun Sato = "Phoenix Nest" (Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier)
    Admiral Kilian = "Endurance" (Venator-class Star Destroyer) [technically it was his ship, not Mace Windu]
    Admiral Brom Titus = Imperial Interdictor

As much as I want these capital ships, we currently need fleet load outs and we need enough ships to fill all of the fleets.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think we are going in that direction

Executor will be meta but we'll have a bunch of fleets for other factions that won't compete with executor
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Rhydia wrote: »
    Kyno how/what do you know? I've gotten lost in the argument.

He speaks just for the sake of speaking. He knows nothing. Never has, never will.

You're funny, have you met TVF? You may have us confused.

Looks like someone just revealed what he truly thinks about TVF..

Whoopsie!

I love TVF. For one, he can take a joke. :wink:

But also, he is the chaotic neutral of the forum, no real side.

This is accurate.

Also, the ability to take a joke is in short supply lately, so TVF moves up in the rankings based on that alone.
  • Options
    We need Yoda's ship
    I for one really like ships in this game and look forward to it being ever expanded. There is no shortage of ships out there so lots of possibilities (hoping). With dengar being needed for Executor I was really hoping his ship was going to be released.

But, with executor coming in a few days I am kind of lost hope for that. Unfortunately I don’t see it coming after people already invested him to r5 (fingers crossed though)
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rori_Bryan wrote: »
    We need Yoda's ship
    I for one really like ships in this game and look forward to it being ever expanded. There is no shortage of ships out there so lots of possibilities (hoping). With dengar being needed for Executor I was really hoping his ship was going to be released.

But, with executor coming in a few days I am kind of lost hope for that. Unfortunately I don’t see it coming after people already invested him to r5 (fingers crossed though)

Its been datamined to be in the files

All the other datamined ships eventually came over (such as TIE Bomber datamined 3 years before it got released), so the likelihood of it ever coming in this game is high
  • Options

He speaks just for the sake of speaking. He knows nothing. Never has, never will.

Whoopsie!

This is accurate.

Also, the ability to take a joke is in short supply lately, so TVF moves up in the rankings based on that alone.

I hope that he gets
    This one and doesn't take it
    Seriously then ;)
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options

Whoopsie!

This is accurate.

<3
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I use TVF's ability to take a joke as my inspiration for carrying a tune.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    He took a joke to the knee, noone has seen him then.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    We need Yoda's ship

All the other datamined ships eventually came over (such as TIE Bomber datamined 3 years before it got released), so the likelihood of it ever coming in this game is high

That’s good to know! I had no idea about the bomber.

Would be nice to eventually get to complete factions for ships so you are not robbing from one or the other.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    I think we are going in that direction

Executor will be meta but we'll have a bunch of fleets for other factions that won't compete with executor

Will we? Because almost 6 years into the game (4 years since ships) and we only have 44 ships. And I think about 36 of those are launch ships.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    He took a joke to the knee, noone has seen him then.

Peter Noone has never seen me, so this is false.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    We need Yoda's ship

I don't recall Nute's battle donut actually making it into the game, despite being datamined. And the originally datamined Vulture was way different from the version we have.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    Battle Donut?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Battle Donut?

mtnbu4d3gt0i.jpg