Content Update: 08/26/2021 Feedback [MERGE]

1234568Next

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    This is turning in to my Vietnam.

I’ll be getting flashbacks about this week for the rest of my life. Every time someone says ‘update’ I’ll end up on the floor in the foetal position, uncontrollably shaking.

Great comparison. I love this place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    I think the real issue here is that OG Vader was probably kicking the crap out of Lord Vader..... Can't let that happen...

He w as already used in GLs counter teams, so if this was the case, it still wasnt the only reason. They already stated many of these changes were to establish a more clear divide between GLs and non GL teams.

I understand their reasoning.

But it seems as though LV is the main driver of those change. Reading through Maul's kit, he was probably getting destroyed in their testing.

After seeing the over-corrections they made, they would have just been better off with continuing the power creep on GLs. JMK was already not being beaten by non-GLs. Apparently they couldn't find a better solution for LV/Maul.

The way the handle GAS being able to beat Rey will pretty much confirm whether or not they were specifically protecting LV

Not from any understanding I have of the situation, but I'm not here to convince you of anything.

I mean the timing is suspect. We get these changes announced along with LV. Why not announce it before? It's not like it's something they just figured out that they should address if they indeed were boxing themselves in.

They also didn't address every counter. Grevious and DR can still beat JMLS. Nothing was changed related to those.

With certain unintended interactions excluded, they never had a problem with the available counters before. So again suspect timing. More so after Maul's kit reveal.

We got these changes around the announcement of r9, and at the same time as getting the changes to GLs being pushed towards "raid boss status" and their own tier.

I would suspect that counter will be addressed if they hit the points they stated.

But based on their reasoning, they shouldn't pick and chose which counters to eliminate.

If part of their goal is to make GLs a cut above the rest then they need to be consistent and eliminate all non-GL counters.

I agree, but there is a line between works and RNG fest. So there may end up being teams that ride that line, and it may not get touched. There is also the bar they have set of low investment, which may be another consideration over time.

You mean like low investment GAS?

Compared to GLs, yes. And I should have said lower, not low.

I wasn't planning on going for GAS any time in the next couple years so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but didn't the changes to his kit impact performance against all squads not just GLs? He is one of the 3 highest investment toons outside GLs and the nerf doesn't seem like it reflects that to me (from that perspective the nerf to Vader is probably more "reasonable" even though for non-gameplay reasons that change was going to be even less popular).

He definitely hits less now, many are asking to get their zeta mats back on his basic, and I see why. Evidently P4 of his event is far easier now because his dmg is so much lower.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    I think the real issue here is that OG Vader was probably kicking the crap out of Lord Vader..... Can't let that happen...

He w as already used in GLs counter teams, so if this was the case, it still wasnt the only reason. They already stated many of these changes were to establish a more clear divide between GLs and non GL teams.

I understand their reasoning.

But it seems as though LV is the main driver of those change. Reading through Maul's kit, he was probably getting destroyed in their testing.

After seeing the over-corrections they made, they would have just been better off with continuing the power creep on GLs. JMK was already not being beaten by non-GLs. Apparently they couldn't find a better solution for LV/Maul.

The way the handle GAS being able to beat Rey will pretty much confirm whether or not they were specifically protecting LV

Not from any understanding I have of the situation, but I'm not here to convince you of anything.

I mean the timing is suspect. We get these changes announced along with LV. Why not announce it before? It's not like it's something they just figured out that they should address if they indeed were boxing themselves in.

They also didn't address every counter. Grevious and DR can still beat JMLS. Nothing was changed related to those.

With certain unintended interactions excluded, they never had a problem with the available counters before. So again suspect timing. More so after Maul's kit reveal.

We got these changes around the announcement of r9, and at the same time as getting the changes to GLs being pushed towards "raid boss status" and their own tier.

I would suspect that counter will be addressed if they hit the points they stated.

But based on their reasoning, they shouldn't pick and chose which counters to eliminate.

If part of their goal is to make GLs a cut above the rest then they need to be consistent and eliminate all non-GL counters.

I agree, but there is a line between works and RNG fest. So there may end up being teams that ride that line, and it may not get touched. There is also the bar they have set of low investment, which may be another consideration over time.

You mean like low investment GAS?

Compared to GLs, yes. And I should have said lower, not low.

I wasn't planning on going for GAS any time in the next couple years so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but didn't the changes to his kit impact performance against all squads not just GLs? He is one of the 3 highest investment toons outside GLs and the nerf doesn't seem like it reflects that to me (from that perspective the nerf to Vader is probably more "reasonable" even though for non-gameplay reasons that change was going to be even less popular).

The interaction they were looking at and are a basis for the changes at some level was to place a divide between GLs and non GLs, as we approach higher relic levels.

What they have stated they will be keeping an eye in with future interactions is between GLs and lower investment non GL counters.

They are always tracking how changes like this hit other areas too, but my comment was only on GLs vs non GLs.
  • Options
    This new young GL "vader" is so lame compared to the real one.

Please give us back Darth Vader. He is the one and only iteration of him that supposed to kick ****. The iconic villain in his absolute.

C'mon. What is next ? Baby Luke that explode jkl ? (Shouldnt be difficult right now)
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Please give us back Darth Vader. He is the one and only iteration of him that supposed to kick ****. The iconic villain in his absolute.

C'mon. What is next ? Baby Luke that explode jkl ? (Shouldnt be difficult right now)

Well, pre-suit Vader WAS stronger than suited Vader, so it’s not wrong. But that doesn’t justify CG nerfing Vader.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Well, pre-suit Vader WAS stronger than suited Vader, so it’s not wrong. But that doesn’t justify CG nerfing Vader.

Was he though? He was a whiny loser who killed some younglings, flew to lava planet, cried about his girlfriend calling him a dork, then lost in a fight against some dude before getting turned into an overcooked marshmallow. Post Suit Vader traded in they whiny voice and ended up one of the most feared people in the galaxy.
  • Options

I am not sure about that. More raw power doesnt necessary mean being stronger. Darth Vader was a master of the dark side, not really pre suited anakin. He was just rage and raw. That is why he lost against kenobi
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Amoliski wrote: »

Was he though? He was a whiny loser who killed some younglings, flew to lava planet, cried about his girlfriend calling him a dork, then lost in a fight against some dude before getting turned into an overcooked marshmallow. Post Suit Vader traded in they whiny voice and ended up one of the most feared people in the galaxy.

I am not sure about that. More raw power doesnt necessary mean being stronger. Darth Vader was a master of the dark side, not really pre suited anakin. He was just rage and raw. That is why he lost against kenobi

Young Vader had more power, but was undermined by his arrogance. Suited Vader had more training in the Dark Side. If Vader had never gotten his suit, would he be stronger than suited Vader, or would he have the same power? Think about it.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    mickyluv wrote: »
    I thought in games like this you're supposed to make small, incremental improvements to your roster over a period of time. Naturally, one would hope that those improvements would reap tangible rewards in various parts of the game.

Colour me surprised, but I feel the opposite is taking place. Heading backwards at an ever increasing rate because the game designers have no problems at all with resetting goalposts to suit their financial models.

So if improvement to my roster results in poorer rewards, I have to ask myself, "Why bother?"

The longer you play this game the more "GP Fat" you get because of the goal post moves and there is rarely if ever a way to undo what is made important later. I want back my 30K I spent whaling. I was having fun - we survived the cRancor breaking up guilds and things were settling down again. Then the road ahead changes. I have the GLs - FIRST TW after the changes and it's ALL GLs on the walls. So boring. So lame. So predictable.