GAC Resolution [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Hmmm guess no information on the make good for their royal GAC blunder before the weekend. Glad they went radio silent again after the restart. CG gonna CG

Yup. Again talking here gets no where, only EA forums would get results. This forum is run by CG itself lol and they not gonna self report their mistakes to EA
  • Options
    Also from now on once every 2 months they gonna be liek oh gac bugged and crashed no Crystal income for 2 weeks even tho before hand you would get all this crystal from doing ur daily arena
  • Options
    Also from now on once every 2 months they gonna be liek oh gac bugged and crashed no Crystal income for 2 weeks even tho before hand you would get all this crystal from doing ur daily arena

With the toons required for Starkiller just becoming farmable, Conquest (which requires refreshes), and gear farming (27 battles for 4 pieces OF BLUE GEAR, horrible), crystal income is more important now than in a while. I'm sure there are people out there buying crystals because they are running out, so CG delaying the make good is only making their bottom line good...to hell with the players, which is CG's way....change my mind.
  • Options
    I don’t know how big the make food should be, but I do know that the make good was needed at the point of cancellation, not weeks after.

The way crystal economy is designed, if you are not a massive hoarder, you will be banking on getting end of round as well as end of season rewards. End of round five you a boost, which should be going towards depletion during next round, end of season is the boost carrying you through the off week.

To me the real problem isn’t the total amount of crystals lost, but the actual delay as it messes up my resource management plan.
    In reality the value of crystals now, where we are again getting crystals from GAC, is far less than the value of crystals at the point of cancellation.

This is the major problem when CG break GAC. They should have a plan to address this.
    My simple suggestion is that for any future cancellation, CG increase the daily passive GAC crystals up to the average daily season income for your league/division, either based on 6/6 or based on 12/0, depending on generosity, using their own crystal table from when they introduced GAC.
  • Options
    I still wait on people defending cg now, there will be no make good thats confirmed by doja. We got screwed pretty hard yet again.
  • Options
    Intrapido wrote: »
    I still wait on people defending cg now, there will be no make good thats confirmed by doja. We got screwed pretty hard yet again.

What
    hello
  • Options
    In the end it doesn’t matter if there’s a make good, this game must me a hella awesome place for data analytics and studying human behavior. We all love Star Wars just enough to take the slap in the face and keep grinding. I’d assume eventually after Executor the make good is going to be a 30 day calendar made of gear and few crystals plus two Clone Wars Chewbacca shards
  • Options
    oxn385yvyy33.jpeg
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options

no make-good by friday, but there is a make-good coming
  • Ponf
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    it is necessary to delay donations for a month and how they will then explain whether the annual profit will reduce due to the delay or not:)
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Yup, they wanna squeeze out as much money as possible before they give us what we should of had on monday. The nerve of this company.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

After the executor event so their planned spending still happens

• Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Do you mean this Friday the 18th? Or are you saying it as a statement, as in “even though we didn’t get it by Friday the 11th, it will eventually be here?”

Because if it’s not coming until after the 18th that’s even more greedy than I originally imagined them being.
  • Options
    Absurd customer service aside, CG should include a conquest pass in their make good. Get people used to those extra rewards.
  • Options
    Absurd customer service aside, CG should include a conquest pass in their make good. Get people used to those extra rewards.

haha that's briliant
    hello
  • Options

At this point its not something i would believe or care about because it would be alredy too late. The communication breakdown from CG is yet again at an all time low.
  • Options

At this point its not something i would believe or care about because it would be alredy too late. The communication breakdown from CG is yet again at an all time low.

This whole debacle really steams my yams way harder then it should. I know CG doesn’t care about its community, despite mods saying otherwise, but this one really gets under my skin. From the lack of communication on the “official” forums…Doja can’t be bothered to post here what he said on discord, because reasons. These action are why CG has the reputation it does, and the sad thing is, nothing is gonna change because people will still spend regardless of how much CG flips off the community. I wanna spend, but I can’t give money to a studio like this.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    There is no place for any benefit of doubt anymore. Sending out some makegood doesn't take weeks, as we have seen many times before. Even relatively complicated ones where different players get different stuff. This delay is entirely deliberate, probably tied to Exe event and Conquest ending. And in the light of that, one has to wonder whether the GAC bug wasn't deliberate too...
  • Options
    Opportunity cost has definitely been painful with this delay. I hear the Executor complaints. Mine is GL tickets. Had I gotten my average number of crystals from GAC, I’d be a week into farming for LV. I understand CG can’t possibly refund everything that everyone missed out on. But I hope someone is making this case for the “make-good” instead of “how much money will we lose by doing this?” We didn’t choose for the biggest currency in the game ti be predicated on GAC. Make this right CG!
  • Options
    Its long overdue. Its a mistake done by you, so if the delay is caused by having troubles with calculating exactly how much each and everyone of us has lost, just give a little bit extra, so everybody at least got everything he could have reached. And that includes all the crystal we lost out on for the end of season too.
  • Wed_Santa
    984 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

This whole debacle really steams my yams way harder then it should. I know CG doesn’t care about its community, despite mods saying otherwise, but this one really gets under my skin. From the lack of communication on the “official” forums…Doja can’t be bothered to post here what he said on discord, because reasons. These action are why CG has the reputation it does, and the sad thing is, nothing is gonna change because people will still spend regardless of how much CG flips off the community. I wanna spend, but I can’t give money to a studio like this.

Was it a great loss that we didn’t get the communication here that Dona shared with the junior meme circle?

406n0aga9gd7.jpeg

Got to hand it to CG - they’re so committed to Sci Fi fans that they have channelled their whole comms strategy via a fan favourite:

But the plans were on display…”
    “On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
    “That’s the display department.”
    “With a flashlight.”
    “Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
    “So had the stairs.”
    “But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
    “Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.‘“
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Some may purchase crystals out of frustration but some may do the opposite like me. I spend a small amount, I got the season pass on last few conquest and got crystals to speed up some farming for GAC squads. But I got hit by a bad squish moving me down 3 tiers in GAC (I just got back to same tier having won most rounds) followed by the bug on when just 1 more point would get me promoted. I lost so many crystals combined I refuse to put any more money in until they keep GAC working well enough. It’s the main source of Crystals, if that’s not working then I will not be motivated to top up by purchasing.
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Some may purchase crystals out of frustration but some may do the opposite like me. I got the season pass on last few conquest and got crystals to speed up some farming for GAC squads. But I got hit by a bad squish moving me down 3 tiers in GAC followed by the bug on when just 1 more point would get me promoted. I lost so many crystals combined I refuse to put any more money in until they keep GAC working well enough.

Same thing happened to me…feel your pain. So much for the squish not supposedly affecting your crystal income….
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Some may purchase crystals out of frustration but some may do the opposite like me. I got the season pass on last few conquest and got crystals to speed up some farming for GAC squads. But I got hit by a bad squish moving me down 3 tiers in GAC followed by the bug on when just 1 more point would get me promoted. I lost so many crystals combined I refuse to put any more money in until they keep GAC working well enough.

Same thing happened to me…feel your pain. So much for the squish not supposedly affecting your crystal income….

My main criticism of the squish was it did not seem fair. If we all got pushed down and lost income, then we all have to progress again. No major harm. But we got pushed down to the largest extent and some barely move or even gained, with no transparent reason why the disparity. I felt the game was against me, someone suggested I was under-dogging too much and got knocked back to my level but when I got back to same level they are still evenly matched with me mostly. I was just calming down and getting back into GAC then this happened so I was already sore for potential lower Crystal income.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    There is no place for any benefit of doubt anymore. Sending out some makegood doesn't take weeks, as we have seen many times before. Even relatively complicated ones where different players get different stuff. This delay is entirely deliberate, probably tied to Exe event and Conquest ending. And in the light of that, one has to wonder whether the GAC bug wasn't deliberate too...

100%. This is like a company that sells junk food to make people fat, then turns around to sell them weight loss shakes!

I'm in the "concerned about not having enough crystals for Executor" camp. Thank goodness that I won rounds 1 and 2 this week, so I'm good to go from 5* to 7*. I know others may not be so fortunate and that the interruption to crystal flow will mean another month of fleet pain, unless they spend.

Unbelievable.
  • Options
    I am very very puzzled by the amount of rage in this topic...
    As i see it (and i play this game a lot), there was bug in a game mode, it was fixed and the game mode resumed. I lost SOME rewards in that period, but it was just a few days. I expect some compensation, but i am not sure i will get it and will like with it either way. It happened before on many games...sometimes devs send some compensation, others they do not...SWOGH is far from being the worst game in this regard.
    And BTW...most topics before the bug were players complaining they were losing a lot of GAC matches and so on...suddenly after the bug, EVERYONE is saying the are winning ALL matches and should be compensated a LOT!!! It is really puzzling...
  • Options
    Mistakes happen. And I think expecting end of season rewards is a bit much. You’ll still get that reward; it’s just delayed. But we probably should be getting the reward for at least 2/3 wins. We were losing because of the bug, not because of our skill. I’m not complaining either way, my opponent was killing me, even without the bug. I was just relieved to not have to fight the guy. You know the type. Him who puts every top team on defense, and still seems to destroy you on offense.
  • Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    As i see it (and i play this game a lot), there was bug in a game mode, it was fixed and the game mode resumed. I lost SOME rewards in that period, but it was just a few days. I expect some compensation, but i am not sure i will get it and will like with it either way. It happened before on many games...sometimes devs send some compensation, others they do not...SWOGH is far from being the worst game in this regard.
    And BTW...most topics before the bug were players complaining they were losing a lot of GAC matches and so on...suddenly after the bug, EVERYONE is saying the are winning ALL matches and should be compensated a LOT!!! It is really puzzling...

As with all things CG, their response to the slip-up is worse than the error itself. At least for me, most of my rage is usually directed at their response which is almost always slow, calculated, and laced with spurious reasoning.
  • Options

As with all things CG, their response to the slip-up is worse than the error itself. At least for me, most of my rage is usually directed at their response which is almost always slow, calculated, and laced with spurious reasoning.

Yup. For instance, if they hadn't said they were cancelling the season in the initial post (instead of pausing) then I wouldn't have expected (partial) end of event rewards. Even though it's not really deserved with the pause/restart, it's in my head now, and I'm afraid whatever make-good they give will not live up to expectations.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options

My understanding is the annoyance is from timing not necessarily substance of rewards. I myself am not getting angry simply commenting that I will not spend in game if this is going on and not handled promptly, I will simply see if it settles down without bugs for next few rounds. Which I think is reasonable.

Had they immediately compensated I may have been more forgiving. But I am not expecting a good compensation or even sure it will transpire at this point. GAC is back up and running - do we even need it now?

Also, people generally only comment when they are annoyed. Very likely those who were losing games before and complaining are different to those who were gaining the most crystals and are complaining now there was a disruption in their supply. For everyone who was losing someone won each round 👍. And with the sudden change, I found some rosters not prepared and so some may struggle due to how competitive their rosters are. For instance someone may have spent a year getting a GL for high squad arena rewards but having focused on one squad they have a slim hyper focused roster, they will feel bad when they are beat by someone with a broader roster with more choice of squads but no GL. Was all that effort worth it? They may feel the goal post changed. Once they adapt by working on more squads and start winning more they will moan less.

The other element is this is the in game currency people purchase with money regularly, so say you spend in game on and off and you lose progress due to a fault of game you feel cheated from money you may have spent previously. Or some are feeling pressured to spend not to fall behind what they had planned (hoped) to achieve. And yes there may be some over-estimated confidence. But some of the community would have a good idea they could win all three. There’s generally that person in the tournament who’s roster outclasses everyone so maybe give some the benefit of the doubt. I have to check my match ups before I figure how well I ‘expect’ to do and they did get to see who they were matched up. My current match up works better for me so I cannot complain but others may have a tougher match up as is the nature of match making.

I personally think now it’s back up and running it’s a missed opportunity. Compensations are to prevent people getting annoyed. “Sorry that’s not working, here’s a distraction of some of what you may lose whilst we get it sorted”.

I don’t think you could generally calculate what someone may have missed or not and continuing the rounds as they are circumvents a lot of potential loss. I think it mostly shows how much people rely on this event for crystals and how popular it is that it’s being hotly discussed.

This discussion has been closed.