Proving Grounds

Replies

• Rius
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    What is the GP gate for, if it is so difficult you need a GL? Isn't the difficulty already gate enough?

People under 4M with a GL could beat it and those over without a GL can't.
    Sure, more available... /s
    Well colour me surprised.

People have completed it without a GL this just shows what GAC has been showing for months, GP is not a measure of skill 3-4M GP can out match 6M in GAC so why do we expect everyone >4M to be able to complete the event. CAT would be exclusive enough without the arbitrary cut off, just from the difficulty level this appears to be. Would much rather try my squads and lose than not be allowed in.

I think you misunderstood me, that's basically what I just said. I am all for the same.
    I am under 4M yet I have SLKR and other good squads and I would like to be able to play it.

I agree I have strong squads people are using, I am just so frustrated. I got my GP to 3.7M from 3.5M but I am focus farming JMK so I can not waste too many resources at the moment. Looks like I will have JMK before CAT. It’s a joke.

• twstdbydsn
    1102 posts Member
    Options
    14 month old? She came out end of May 2021, this started end of May 2022.
  • Options
    So the honest reqs would have been relic 7 gls and drop the 4m gp. I've got nothing that can even scratch this event, bloody ....... joke.
  • Lumiya
    1518 posts Member
    Options
    What is the GP gate for, if it is so difficult you need a GL? Isn't the difficulty already gate enough?

People have completed it without a GL this just shows what GAC has been showing for months, GP is not a measure of skill 3-4M GP can out match 6M in GAC so why do we expect everyone >4M to be able to complete the event. CAT would be exclusive enough without the arbitrary cut off, just from the difficulty level this appears to be. Would much rather try my squads and lose than not be allowed in.

I think you misunderstood me, that's basically what I just said. I am all for the same.
    I am under 4M yet I have SLKR and other good squads and I would like to be able to play it.

I agree I have strong squads people are using, I am just so frustrated. I got my GP to 3.7M from 3.5M but I am focus farming JMK so I can not waste too many resources at the moment. Looks like I will have JMK before CAT. It’s a joke.

I feel you. I am almost in the same situation. I bloated my roster from 3.5M to 3.7M but I need my resources for what I am working on right now and don't want to waste them any more. And to be honest I also find it stupid to pump anything in toons or ships that I won't need in the near future or that are total crap.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya
    1518 posts Member
    Options
    @Lumiya

I wish you could. I have RC & CAT, but I don't see why they should be kept so exclusive after more than a year. I don't even really see why there has to be a gate at all, since most squads are getting trashed in the event, but if there has to be one, why exclude people that would have been eligible for CAT shards on Normal Mode.

I think that was only for RedCrate on Normal, but whatever it was, if people had attained that crate in the past (even if their first time accomplishing that crate level was after RC/CAT left the rewards), then they've reached the level where they're eligible to earn shards of that toon...so why deny them the chance at Proving Grounds?

I mean, I guess slowing down a whale who can buy their way to SEE the moment that they hit level 85 might be something that they want to do? But previously eligible folks should be currently eligible. There's no getting around that.

@crzydroid
    Thought there would be more outrage over the fact that players with them at 7* can still get shards. Huh.

I'm not surprised. There's always outrage when people can't play something. The last time I remember outrage over people being eligible for extra shards was the Malak event mess-up where folks like me got to replay the event for shards (instead of just for fun with no other reward). I hadn't purchased my way up to 7* yet, but some folks had, and I got my last needed shards from replaying the event, which saved me what was at the time the most valuable currency in the game (GET1). The difference between what a few thousand GET1 meant in game to what a few hundred ShardShop currency means in-game now is pretty huge.

I doubt many people will be at all upset that I got a bit of ShardShop Currency (even though I didn't deserve it, or at least we were told that it wasn't intended I would get it).

Yes, there can be a lot of outrage around here, but it's not usually focussed on something as petty as shard shop currency.

I 100% agree with you. It really doesn't make any sense.
    Also, thank you for your kind words 🙂
  • Options
    I did ir easy with SEE R8.. but your right.
  • Options
    This event is way too difficult for those of us without GLs. I was looking forward to it prior to actually playing it, but it's a huge disappointment.
  • Lumiya
    1518 posts Member
    Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Both of the missions are pretty difficult. Couldn't even win with a SEE team (my wat isn't 7* so didn't qualify) but managed with GaS. The other battle vs Moff I did my own troopers and had no issue. I can understand why they require 4m roster now due to the difficulty of the battles.

I am under 4M yet from what I have seen, I know with my roster I could win. So no, GP has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    Hothballs wrote: »
    This event is way too difficult for those of us without GLs. I was looking forward to it prior to actually playing it, but it's a huge disappointment.

You don’t need GLs to beat this, although they would definitely help to have.
  • Options
    Both of the missions are pretty difficult. Couldn't even win with a SEE team (my wat isn't 7* so didn't qualify) but managed with GaS. The other battle vs Moff I did my own troopers and had no issue. I can understand why they require 4m roster now due to the difficulty of the battles.

I strongly disagree with the last part. I easily beat Maul using JMK and Moff using Imperial Troopers. Now, you don't need JMK, it can be done with any GL as well as teams like GAS etc

I have friends under 4m GP but they have GL's/good teams etc and looking at their rosters, I know for a fact that they would beat this event without issue but can't due to this horrible GP requirement.
  • Options
    Hothballs wrote: »

cibhxtelfcvw.jpg

I used imperial troopers against Moff, got 3 stars despite them going before me. It can be done, GAS works too.
  • Rius
    371 posts Member
    Options

I feel you. I am almost in the same situation. I bloated my roster from 3.5M to 3.7M but I need my resources for what I am working on right now and don't want to waste them any more. And to be honest I also find it stupid to pump anything in toons or ships that I won't need in the near future or that are total crap.

What do you think of the chance of CAT returning to weekly shipments in next few weeks or do you think that was just while we waited for proving grounds?
  • Ryche
    152 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I used SEE, Thrawn, DR, GG, Malak for CAT and 3 starred it.
  • Options
    There are GP gates for quite a few things in this game. Conquest and Proving Grounds happen to have the same one, and Geonosis TB has one for the entire guild.

It’s not new. Learn to live with it.
  • Screerider
    1406 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    14 month old? She came out end of May 2021, this started end of May 2022.
    She's an alien. Maybe 14-months-old is pretty advanced for her species. The opposite can also be the case. See Grogu.
  • Options

Really? I solo'd it with SEE. Granted it took me two attempts, but it is doable. Mine is modded for health to take on Rey though.

Ah yea modding would play a big role. I nearly won the first battle. These Mandos are not normal R3 toons. The other battle is tuned right.
    5 posts Member
    Options
    JackedJedi wrote: »
    This was supposed to be a catch up event for new/lower gp players but now they have to wait years, for a year old character?

It doesn't make sense that someone like me who has had CAT at R5 for almost a year get to not only play the event, but also earn shards when a large of player base under 4m GP can't.

z5e06o8e4rms.jpg
    pndeyvwwxbar.jpg

GP is irrelevant and does not equal good roster. I have friends who have GL's and have earned CAT shards from normal conquest + farmed her with crystals but because they're below 4m GP they can't attempt this event?

They why was she available through normal conquest?

Totally agree.And return CAT to weekly shipments for crystals.
  • Options
    I agree with all the above, the GP gate is dumb, let people have a go. Just saying the maul battle is conquest version hard, and you have no disks or consumables to help.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options

I strongly disagree with the last part. I easily beat Maul using JMK and Moff using Imperial Troopers. Now, you don't need JMK, it can be done with any GL as well as teams like GAS etc

I have friends under 4m GP but they have GL's/good teams etc and looking at their rosters, I know for a fact that they would beat this event without issue but can't due to this horrible GP requirement.

I heard CLS team beat them nicely. Try a few teams. My Lord Failure lost... Won it with JMK
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    There are GP gates for quite a few things in this game. Conquest and Proving Grounds happen to have the same one, and Geonosis TB has one for the entire guild.

It’s not new. Learn to live with it.

This is so wrong in so many ways...
    Let's gate it at 10mil GP for the next new shiny toon, see if you would jump or not. Hope u can be happy if the next GL requirement is 10 mil GP gate
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    And looking at how much crystals for refresh for the event, isn't it cheaper to just buy her shard? I mean come on, it is just catch up. Need the crystal refresh be so steep ? Why not refresh it at 300 to 400 crystals??
  • Options
    @Ryche

That Gamorrean Guard is a beast.
  • Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Let's gate it at 10mil GP for the next new shiny toon, see if you would jump or not. Hope u can be happy if the next GL requirement is 10 mil GP gate

I’d take a look at how many players have 10m GP+ versus 4m GP+ before throwing out a random number thinking it’s adding to your argument…
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    …. As long as they’re willing to play for the next 17 months, and don’t dare to miss a specific day each month.

Awesome.

You forgot: ...and as long as they have at least 4M GP, otherwise nothing to see.

I’d take a look at how many players have 10m GP+ versus 4m GP+ before throwing out a random number thinking it’s adding to your argument…

Why, what is stopping GL from doing it?
    Hahdnt they done so for LSTB? Where to get full stars is a GP NONE of the player base has reached?
  • Options
    I don’t see how achieving full stars in an event has anything to do with a GP gate for a specific character… you don’t need to get full stars to get good rewards.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see how a GP gate is relevant at all for a simple event
  • Options
    I don't see how a GP gate is relevant at all for a simple event

I do… it’s called forced roster development. Want to do Hard Mode Conquest? Get 4m GP.

For example, the Heroic Tank raid was extremely difficult to beat when first introduced. Heroic Sith and Challenge Rancor both were extremely difficult as well at the beginning. For many guilds, impossible. For the guilds that couldn’t, they were forced to go for the lower tiers to get lower rewards. Sound familiar?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    And not forgetting that the 4 mil is not the only gate. At 4 mil u only get to do the event.... For 10 shards!!! U want more shards? Spend more crystals!!!!

And not forgetting that some time has passed before they tell us where to get cat.

Not forgetting that they didn't tell us abt the gp gate or the crystal refresh during initial announcement

Not forgetting that for a time they kept silent about where cat is going to be placed

Heck if this is the event we are expecting, we might as well be buying CAT shards for the last 6 months. We would had probably completed it by now
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    This was supposed to be a catch up event for new/lower gp players?

No it's not. It's supposed to be a source for people to finish farming her and a source for people in the future to farm without using Conquest Tickets for old, old, old characters. It's not a catch up for new or low gp players. New players should focus on building a roster and low-gp players should focus on increasing their gp.

There is a progression. These characters and ships are the current tail end of progress. You don't get to skip roster development just because a character at the end of the line is good. You still have to go down that line.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This is a character collecting resource management game. Just do everything you can to boost up your roster. The more this game goes on the more CG wants everyone to have a huge well developed roster. If you want the new things faster you will have to always grow your roster to be ask big as you can.

Sorry, but what you say is a contradiction. Either you manage your resources and use them wisely so you can build your roster effectively and get the best out of it or you have to bloat it to "grow" as fast as possible for a specific GM. To achieve that you use your resources for toons or ships that you will not be needing in the near future or ever.

That's not a contradiction, though. There are thresholds and requirements for everything. You can't get Lord Vader without a Tusken Raider, you can't get Grandmaster Luke without Captain Han and a bunch of ewoks.

Moreover, there are a lot of us out there who DO "bloat" our rosters because, for us, the game is a collecting game and you "win" by raising characters. We've been behind the 8-ball forever, so the one time that style of play is rewarded you're kvetching? Sorry I never bothered with a meta, I just did what made me happy. Now this is making me happy--although I already finished both Ahsoka and Razor Crest with Conquest Tickets after their Chase event, so I just got shard shop currency out of this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.