Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    Hey guys, me again. My team is still going strong (just got to rank 99), and I'm still farming Poe/GS/IGs, but I had some more general questions this time. Which tank is best for a droid team? Some say Poe, others say RG, I'm even seeing Han thrown around now, but I'm not certain which is the better fit for my team. Also, how many droids have to be in a team for it to be considered a "droid team"? I've always assumed 3 or more, but some people say they have droid teams even though they have only 1-2 droids.

@ZHunter99 Hey Zhunter glad to see you again. Glad to know your team is still going well! Good job on getting to top 100!

There are basically two tanks that people use for droids team, it's Poe and RG.

Slight variation of Poe teams is using both Poe and Han together.

I think Poe is the best tank for droids team as you get TM manipulation plus exposes greatly help in one shotting or massively damaging enemy characters.

RG's best feature is the automatic taunt. If your IG88 can survive the first moves from enemy RG taunt automatically pop up and you can AoE to get health back.

A classic droids team consists of the trio HK47, IG86, and IG88. Nowadays it's more like a 'hybrid' droids team which consist of two IGs and Poggle with GS. I would not consider a team with a single droid in it to be a droids team. If they have at least two droids then yes it could be called a droids one.

Droids team are so varied nowadays. People come up with all kind of combinations. Someone had a Daka in the team.

And yes we can use the current evasion meta to make a dodge droids team.

Dooku (lead)
    IG88
    IG86
    Poggle
    Poe

Go droids!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Jaden_Zen wrote: »
    Do you guys think Fortitude is going to help much on droids survivability? Especially to 88?

@Jaden_Zen Yes I think fortitude will help droids survive first round, especially IG88 as everyone seems to be going for him first in the team. If he can survive first round he can then AoE to recover health back. With a living IG88 much damage can be done to enemy teams. :)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »
    Do you guys think Fortitude is going to help much on droids survivability? Especially to 88?

Ironically, fortitude could work against droids by reducing the chances of 1 shotting someone.

True but it'd make the game more diverse than ever as your toon get to survive first round. It's boring to have the first round setting the battle results.

Unless the droids get endowed with obscene levels of anti-fortitude power and continue 1-shotting people left and right.

Ironically, fortitude could work against droids by reducing the chances of 1 shotting someone.

True but it'd make the game more diverse than ever as your toon get to survive first round. It's boring to have the first round setting the battle results.

If the droids some how survived 1st round burst, they would likely need healing right after, especially if fortitude was burnt through and significant health was removed, though hopefully IG-88 would not be 1-shotted so often. Problem is if healers can't restore fortitude, they would remain as unviable as the are now as 1-shotting will still happen after fortitude is gone, unless amrour and defense up mechanics actually get fixed, though I'm not too optimistic given their track record.

Don't you miss the good ole days of whose Poe goes 1st? :smiley:

Healing and rezzing could become the new meta. With fortitude into play, increase in levels, defence mechanisms into play we will see lots of changes to the teams we use right now. And if new characters with droid synergies are released we would see new team compositions.
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »

Unless the droids get endowed with obscene levels of anti-fortitude power and continue 1-shotting people left and right.

If the droids some how survived 1st round burst, they would likely need healing right after, especially if fortitude was burnt through and significant health was removed, though hopefully IG-88 would not be 1-shotted so often. Problem is if healers can't restore fortitude, they would remain as unviable as the are now as 1-shotting will still happen after fortitude is gone, unless amrour and defense up mechanics actually get fixed, though I'm not too optimistic given their track record.

Healing and rezzing could become the new meta. With fortitude into play, increase in levels, defence mechanisms into play we will see lots of changes to the teams we use right now. And if new characters with droid synergies are released we would see new team compositions.

Hope this would be viable:

HK-47 (L), 86, 88, Jawa Engineer, RG

Epic trolling death squad.
  • auburn2eugene
    69 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey all. I've decided to make a helpline to help anyone who has questions about droids. I love droids so much that I have created a brand new account and played a droid team exclusively since that time. Now it's already been over a month and I'm consistently in the top 10 in my shard. I've also written a diary that outlines my adventure from account creation till today. Everything I did since making that account to my present current team. I have had a lot of help when I asked questions so I decided to help those who needs help. Just ask me anything to do with droids, their synergy, squad formation, etc. No question is too trivial, so feel free to ask anything.

After maxing out IG86, I decided I very much enjoy droids, and wanted to use more. I purchased the droid pack, so now I have HK47 as a 4 star, and IG88 as a 3 star. Since I can only get them in the same place, which one should I upgrade first? Im torn between 47s return from death chance, and 88s health block. Which one do you suggest I use my resources on upgrading?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

Hope this would be viable:

HK-47 (L), 86, 88, Jawa Engineer, RG

Epic trolling death squad.

Yes JE would provide heal/rez and those 50% turn meter gains at 80 would make droids fast with tank protecting them.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hey all. I've decided to make a helpline to help anyone who has questions about droids. I love droids so much that I have created a brand new account and played a droid team exclusively since that time. Now it's already been over a month and I'm consistently in the top 10 in my shard. I've also written a diary that outlines my adventure from account creation till today. Everything I did since making that account to my present current team. I have had a lot of help when I asked questions so I decided to help those who needs help. Just ask me anything to do with droids, their synergy, squad formation, etc. No question is too trivial, so feel free to ask anything.

After maxing out IG86, I decided I very much enjoy droids, and wanted to use more. I purchased the droid pack, so now I have HK47 as a 4 star, and IG88 as a 3 star. Since I can only get them in the same place, which one should I upgrade first? Im torn between 47s return from death chance, and 88s health block. Which one do you suggest I use my resources on upgrading?

@auburn2eugene

Hey Auburn2eugene happy to hear you want to use more droids in your teams. HK47 is viable at 4* so concentrate on maxing IG88 first. HK47 is a support unit and most commonly used for his leader ability to make droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and 30% Turn Meter on a Critical Hits. IG88 is the AoE damage dealer so he needs to be 7* to deal the maximum damage. Given that you already maxed IG86 you can then farm Poggle from GW if you don't need anything from there anymore. Poggle have an awesome synergy with droids. He could even be used in non-droid teams so consider farming him.

If you don't have a 'tank' I would recommend Poe or RG. They can be both farmed simultaneously and RG can be used in other teams as well such as with the speed meta or dodge meta.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Max gear for droids will change when level 80 hits.

Here is the list for the major droids team compositions.

HK47 can go to gear 10
    IG86 can go to gear 11
    IG88 can go to gear 10
    Poe can go to gear 10
    RG can go to gear 10
    Poggle can go to gear 10
    GS can go to gear 10

As it can be seen IG86 will be the only one to get to gear 11 amongst the droids. Yay for max precision strikes!

Click on the individual names to go to SWGOH to see individual gear levels.
  • Options

@auburn2eugene

Hey Auburn2eugene happy to hear you want to use more droids in your teams. HK47 is viable at 4* so concentrate on maxing IG88 first. HK47 is a support unit and most commonly used for his leader ability to make droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and 30% Turn Meter on a Critical Hits. IG88 is the AoE damage dealer so he needs to be 7* to deal the maximum damage. Given that you already maxed IG86 you can then farm Poggle from GW if you don't need anything from there anymore. Poggle have an awesome synergy with droids. He could even be used in non-droid teams so consider farming him.

If you don't have a 'tank' I would recommend Poe or RG. They can be both farmed simultaneously and RG can be used in other teams as well such as with the speed meta or dodge meta.

Ok, so let me take these point by point. On my squad, no one is viable at 4 star. Not for the arena anyway. I wont be using either one until 6 star MINIMUM. My current arena team is as follows 7* QGJ (Lead), 7* Lumi, 7* Eeth Koth, 7* IG86, and 6 * Sid all at lvl70, at least gear lvl8, and ability lvl 7. My plan was/is to replace Sidius. I know 88 has the AOE and Heal block but his health is a real concern for me. 47 has much more health, and even returns sometimes. Thats the only reason I'm torn between them. Is 88s attack that significant that it should superceded the disadvantage of his low health? I REALLY don't like how they are both available only in the same spot. I wish i could farm them both at the same time.

Next, in GW shipments, I have Phasma at 6* currently 55/100 for 7*. So I am going to finish getting Phasma to 7*. So you think I should go Poggle after maxing Phasma? I was planning on Tuskan Raider, as he has an assist move like 86 and QGJ and health like Barris... I could do Poggle if he is THAT important for a droid setup. I usually rank around 150 in the arena on a day 1 (hard release) server. I do see Poggle quite often and never see the Raider....

I dont currently have a viable tank. When the tank event comes around (like today) I can't even field an entire roster. However, I am on android, so we will be getting a free Poe. I believe he comes as a 3 star. I will be maxing Poe once I get him. I have RG but only a 2*. Its quite difficult to farm someone when you can only get it on 2 hard nodes. Take Anakin for instance. I started farming him as soon as i unlocked his nodes. I have played daily since hard release, and he is about 70% to 6*. Ive farmed FOTP since i unlocked his nodes. He is still a 4*... I hope Poe will work, he is the only one thats viable for me, at least until I get Old Ben... too bad there isnt a droid tank...

• Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    And only 379 gear pieces to get 86 to 11. Not to mention the hundreds I need to get him from 8 to 10. Seems too daunting - I don't think I'll even try. On a positive note, I did get my 86 to 7* this week.
    Great post Reyia - the links are a nice touch.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    So, I have been working on Daka and fives in cantina for along time now and both are about max. My next is QGJ who I have 4*. I have 86 almost 7* and just got 88 will max him as fast as possible. I am thinking of switching to a quasi droid team in the future for the update.

QGJ
    Poggle
    And I am debating st Han FOTP5* currently but close to 6*or my 4* RG of course Daka or lumi.

The plan is when QGJ adds speed bonus to all, use the droids. Just haven't nailed down all the info I want to see if this will wrk and the best 5th spot, I don't have yoda yet and with this update... That got pushed way out of my mind.
  • Options
    And yes we can use the current evasion meta to make a dodge droids team.

Dooku (lead)
    IG88
    IG86
    Poggle
    Poe

Go droids!

I am using it with GS instead of Poe. It works quite well on offense and also defense is not too bad :smile: I have either maxed, Poe and GS, but I can't think of leaving GS on bench because he is one of the top3 character in the game in my opinion, but i will try also the one wirth Poe. I usually end in #1 position. Go droids!

• Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace also requires 50 Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items

So how many of us managed to craft any of these before the update? I for one haven't got anywhere near enough hair dryers :-( Tough times for unprepared droid teams in the arena for a while I think...

• Options
    Pooket wrote: »
    Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace also requires 50 Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items

So how many of us managed to craft any of these before the update? I for one haven't got anywhere near enough hair dryers :-( Tough times for unprepared droid teams in the arena for a while I think...

Better wait further two weeks cause the next update contains the new game balance. Nothing is more nasty than wasted gear on a toon which has no purpose ...
    I ll just Upgrade Poggle a bit (he s always an option) and maybe one or two others low-cost chars ... But not more
  • Options
    Has anyone else been having a rough time using their droids against the new Dooku dodge meta? It just seems like my droids need a lot of RNG now to have any chance at winning. I don't mean to turn this into a Dooku hate thread since we all know there are plenty out there but I was just wanting to see how other droid teams are doing against these teams.
  • Options
    Has anyone else been having a rough time using their droids against the new Dooku dodge meta? It just seems like my droids need a lot of RNG now to have any chance at winning. I don't mean to turn this into a Dooku hate thread since we all know there are plenty out there but I was just wanting to see how other droid teams are doing against these teams.

Yes, I posted a similar thing myself in here. Slow big hitters (droids) vs fast Dodgers does not go well. You know what they say. If you can't beat em...
  • Options

Yes, I posted a similar thing myself in here. Slow big hitters (droids) vs fast Dodgers does not go well. You know what they say. If you can't beat em...

Do nothing and complain about it?

On a serious note though I never cared for Dooku as a character so I'll pass on joining them. I am optimistic that droids will make a comeback with the new combat changes coming out soon. At least I hope.
  • Options
    On a serious note though I never cared for Dooku as a character so I'll pass on joining them. I am optimistic that droids will make a comeback with the new combat changes coming out soon. At least I hope.

+1 to that
  • Options
    Let's hope, although getting them to gear 9 just got a lot harder with the addition of the 50x mk10 hololenses added to the fusion furnaces
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Let's hope, although getting them to gear 9 just got a lot harder with the addition of the 50x mk10 hololenses added to the fusion furnaces

Actually, it's currently impossible. Mk10 Hololenses are unavailable to farm, as are Mk9 Electrobinoculars (needed by Poggle). We have to wait until the next update to be able to find them.

On a different subject, I've noticed some of you talking about whales as if you know they're in the server. How do you spot them?
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options

I only use my droids to pick on ppl I catch slipping with no dooku as leader. To fight the dooku infestation I've had to go to much grindier team with phasma, Poe, Kylo, lumi, and fives with the downside being I can be countered in turn by speed teams lol. oh well it's better than no meta at all I suppose.

• Options
    Hi Reyia, I'm about to get General Grievous and was thinking this would be a good team.
    Poggle the Lesser (L), IG-88, HK-47, IG-86 Sentinel Driod, Grievous. I'm not really clear on how his stats will go if he will be to slow.
  • Hyperalloy
    202 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi Reyia, I'm about to get General Grievous and was thinking this would be a good team.
    Poggle the Lesser (L), IG-88, HK-47, IG-86 Sentinel Driod, Grievous. I'm not really clear on how his stats will go if he will be to slow.

You might be better off with HK-47 lead in this case, since GG lacks speed, but at least HK's leader ability would help maintain momentum when the droids do get to move.
    Post edited by Hyperalloy on
  • Options

You might be better off with HK-47 lead in this case, since GG lacks speed, but at least HK's leader ability would help maintain momentum when the droids do go to move.

Okay, thanks just read his leader, I will do that. The Lesser is still in there to give that great speed boost. Can't wait to get him just 20 tokens away. GG moves sound good, just hope they work out they way I want it, most chances they won't, but a man can dream **** it!
  • Options
    Just got into the 60s and I'm starting to see a lot more droid teams. In fact, just saw an interesting team: Sid (L), Poggle, GS, 86, 88. Is Sid even a viable droid team leader?
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just got into the 60s and I'm starting to see a lot more droid teams. In fact, just saw an interesting team: Sid (L), Poggle, GS, 86, 88. Is Sid even a viable droid team leader?

Sid's leadership ability gives increased crit chance and damage so he's probably the third best droid leader after Poggle and HK depending on your squad.

Edit, i personally wouldn't have used him in that squad though, Poggle would have been a better choice.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Actually, it's currently impossible. Mk10 Hololenses are unavailable to farm, as are Mk9 Electrobinoculars (needed by Poggle). We have to wait until the next update to be able to find them.

On a different subject, I've noticed some of you talking about whales as if you know they're in the server. How do you spot them?

@ZHunter99

The way I can guess which guys on my server are whales are looking at their team comps. If you see a guy switching around his lineup a lot with all 7* toons especially chromium exclusives that is usually a good sign. Some examples you should be looking for are Leia, Aayla, Rex, Tusken Shaman, and General Grievous even though the last 3 technically weren't chromium only.

As for the gear some people were lucky enough to have enough materials to precraft gear so they have a nice advantage with all the new unobtainable gear.
  • ZHunter99
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@ZHunter99

The way I can guess which guys on my server are whales are looking at their team comps. If you see a guy switching around his lineup a lot with all 7* toons especially chromium exclusives that is usually a good sign. Some examples you should be looking for are Leia, Aayla, Rex, Tusken Shaman, and General Grievous even though the last 3 technically weren't chromium only.

As for the gear some people were lucky enough to have enough materials to precraft gear so they have a nice advantage with all the new unobtainable gear.

Well, then I can see one. 7* Rex is a dead giveaway, but is there a way to check their entire team? All I see is their leader.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm refering to the ranks page. I'm not quite high enough to fight them (and see their team that way) yet.
  • Options

@ZHunter99

Well, then I can see one. 7* Rex is a dead giveaway, but is there a way to check their entire team? All I see is their leader.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm refering to the ranks page. I'm not quite high enough to fight them (and see their team that way) yet.

In that case no you'd only be able to go off of their leaders until you get close enough to attack them.
  • Options

@ZHunter99

In that case no you'd only be able to go off of their leaders until you get close enough to attack them.

Ok, thanks. Also, just want to say that I finally got Poe, and even at 4* Gear VI he still helped me win a battle I couldn't win otherwise. Although now I understand why he's not viable until 5* Gear VIII. At Gear VI he taunted after the opponent's IG-86 killed my own, and at 4* he died in two shots. Still won though.