3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Replies

• ModernThinker
    14 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I believe Devs said between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. So it may be up to 5 more hours.
    They also said they might delay it for another 24 hours if they weren't ready today, so it could be even longer.

Edit:

EA_Jesse
    368 POSTS ADMIN March 30, 2016 6:53PM
    Greetings Heroes,
    Here are the update notes for 3/31/2016. (NOTE: We are aiming to have this update go live on 3/31/2016 between 1pm and 6pm Pacific Time, but there is always the chance that the update may slip to 4/1/2016)
  • Options
    So in 13 min it will be 1 pm. But the problem is that they said between 1 pm and 6 pm
  • Options
    I spent about $3K on the game. First $100 was enjoyable, the rest...
    I'm looking at this update and increased gear requirements and feel like a fool.

I don't know which category I fall into: Whales or Dolphins - but this is just too much for someone like me!

EA will get no more $ from me. I'll only do challenges and free stuff.

Screw them, if their goal was to make me spend more, they were wrong.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    So in 13 min it will be 1 pm. But the problem is that they said between 1 pm and 6 pm

Yes. Honestly, I feel like a 7 year old about to get a shot. Just do it and get it over with already and give me my surprise candy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm looking at this update and increased gear requirements and feel like a fool.

I don't know which category I fall into: Whales or Dolphins - but this is just too much for someone like me!

There will always be another star wars fan they can milk. those poor sods weren't even spent after the prequel trilogy CG isn't even a **** in comparison.
  • Options
    I couldn't put my finger on it but yea nikoms565 is exactly right.

This update doesn't feel like Christmas...it feels like a trip to the dentist.
  • Options

Remember the times they give are in the Pacific Time Zone. :)

k0k7sz.jpg
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

k0k7sz.jpg

And there it is 1pm
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options

This...seriously thinking they may be reading all the abject disappointment and considering some minor tweaks! Here hoping humanity wins out....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

Yep - and it's 1:00 PST right now. So any minute now...or 5 hours. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

What more you were doing as a whale that an f2p couldn't? Running a GQJ/Dooku team? F2p does that too. (with possible exception of a 7* RG instead of lower star one for f2p) This game has no content other than 5 battles and a chore that is called GW, which can be cleared easily by f2p. I can't believe people pay thousand dollars to do what an f2p does. Sorry but you got scammed.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Nah, the dentist is fine, you'll only get slightly bad news every once in a while.
    This update feels like a trip to the Oncologist... :confounded:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Nah, the dentist is fine, you'll only get slightly bad news every once in a while.
    This update feels like a trip to the proctologist... :confounded:

SURPRISE!!

(I changed your post for humor's sake)

• Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    What more you were doing as a whale that an f2p couldn't? Running a GQJ/Dooku team? F2p does that too. (with possible exception of a 7* RG instead of lower star one for f2p) This game has no content other than 5 battles and a chore that is called GW, which can be cleared easily by f2p. I can't believe people pay thousand dollars to do what an f2p does. Sorry but you got scammed.

Everything you say above is true. +1
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yes. Honestly, I feel like a 7 year old about to get a shot. Just do it and get it over with already and give me my surprise candy.

Except the surprise candy will be sodemy. You feel that pinch? Just Know that we begged for it.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    The surprise is increased drop rates!!
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options

SURPRISE!!

Haha tickled (ahem) me this
  • Options

SURPRISE!!

Good one, but I actually really like the proctologist. :love: KappaPride
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    How can it be a April fool that would be misinterpreting from a buisness view which I think would be iligal it's not like there is even anything exiting or new in this update
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    I spent about $3K on the game.

Ouch
  • Options
    All this crying about the update. The patch notes clearly state how to easily upgrade your characters:

HEAD KNIGHT: Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery!
    ARTHUR: Not another shrubbery!
    HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place
    it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a
    two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

So I'm a whale, I have spent around 2K € on this game since I started playing in early January.
    That's not a problem for me, I can afford it and I've been playing the game in ways I that made me enjoy it up to now. If I didn't enjoy it I obviously wouldn't pay or play.

I could afford to keep on buying crystals to continue starring up, leveling and gearing up my toons, money isn't an issue.

But... I won't.

Why? Because buying crystals just so I get to hit the sim button ad nauseam to gather hundreds of gear components that drop somewhere around 20% just isn't fun...

On top of that, if I understand correctly, under the 80 cap, some toons will be able to gear up while many won't.
    Since the new gear requirements will be so difficult to meet, you will be making it almost impossible for players to raise multiple toons/teams, you should at least make sure that those we have been farming and gearing up for months are not left behind because of such discrepancy between gear requirement and availability...

Games should be fun by definition, they should be entertaining, that's their entire purpose.
    They should also be challenging and rewarding.

Adding more gear grind to gear up will achieve the exact opposite, turning fun into frustration, entertainment into a pointless, redundant, boring chore which is neither challenging nor rewarding.
    Even someone like me who could refresh all day won't find anything fun, entertaining, challenging or rewarding at all in this tedious process...

It will be even worse for those who can't or won't pay to play, and I have nothing but respect for these guys who grind it out everyday strictly on free ressources at a snails pace that I would never find the patience for. Hats off to you guys for keeping it up.

The reaction is pretty unanimous about this upcoming gear update, I have read every single post in this thread, nobody, nobody is going " Yay, we get to grind out more gear components!" quite the opposite...

And about this;
    "Hey Everyone, While I can't share exact details yet, know that there will be more ways to acquire gear in the near future."

More ways to acquire gear... That's not what players/customers/investors/funders want.
    Acquiring gears is the least interesting aspect of the game, it's redundant, frustrating and boring.

I usually stay away from these type of threads, my thoughts are that a company like EA is professional and experimented enough to know how to develop its games but it's obvious to everybody that has posted here that this announced gear update is not the way to improve the game.

So if I and so many others took time to express their views on this it's because they care about a game they've invested time and money into.
    It's also a cry to the devs not to break the game they love, not to turn fun into frustration.

Remember that people posting in this forum are only the tip of the iceberg, for everybody posting here, there are thousands thinking the same but not expressing it.

Consider this a poll, where 99.99% of the surveyed players strongly dislike the upcoming gear update.

Math is very simple, if you keep ignoring you players/customers opinions, you will lose many of them.
    Some play for free, some pay to play but all play to have some fun.

Regards and may the Force be with you, you will need it!

Too many posts regarding questions we don't have answers to yet, but this one deserves another +1
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    So, anyone finding themselves currently grinding Mark 1 stun cuffs and bacta gels? :)

They potentially rendered a handful of characters not upgradable in the Gear department making them useless end game. Even worse for new players farming who don't know what is up yet not knowing they're farming losers....

I'm happy that players are waking up and realizing the reality of the strategy here and how this game is being run, it's long overdue...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Aquatronic wrote: »
    All this crying about the update. The patch notes clearly state how to easily upgrade your characters:

HEAD KNIGHT: Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery!
    ARTHUR: Not another shrubbery!
    HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place
    it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a
    two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.

Then, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest...
    ....with...
    .... A Mark 5 Zacta Arakyd herring, for which you will need 50 Mark 4 Zacta herring salvage, 50 Mark 3 Arakyd sardines, 10 Mark 1 sap buckets, 5 gold rings, and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Who art thou oh great knights?.....
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar have you seen my pet bunny anywhere? he is white.. about yay.... he has fangs about this...... do you see any bones anywhere?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    @Qeltar have you seen my pet bunny anywhere? he is white.. about yay.... he has fangs about this...... do you see any bones anywhere?

Oh that one.
    I saw him recently in Redwood City, California, in a big glass building. The words "Accounting Department" were nearby as I recall...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Glad to know EA doesn't care about their players and their marketing objective seems to be scamming new players in to upgrading toons they'll regret in the future and penalize everyone for upgrading their toon even more. Sigh EA greed is so sad and they don't even bother to hide it anymore, they'll simply ignore everyone thinking they're right lol.

This game doesn't require more revenue, why? All developers do is sit there for months trying to implement 'new content' that nobody has seen since the start of this game lmao seriously they don't even play this game.. hire some new developers please who actually play the game and understand what the players want. Again your mathematicians are all greedy and f*cked in the head for assuming everyone would be okay with this **** gear grind with ABSURD % chance. Thanks EA for ruining this game community because eventually people will stop playing due to gear grind being **** and not satisfying at all. Even the whales don't want to spend money on such stupidity and sorry for them on spending so much on a game that doesn't cater to the community but again, caters only to EA MONEY GREED
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Craft your mark V droid callers now. Price is going up. RG and QG both need them to get gear IX. Anyone else need them or should I limit my pre investment?

Anyone know where the other ones are used and if you can craft early

Making the CEC furnace have another 50 item in it is kind of ridiculous. It's a bottle neck for lots of characters. Provide the new item is a challenge item it will be okay but if it isn't it will be rough.

Agreed. The furnace item is one I need for my top 8-10 toons. I've only managed to craft 1 so far and it was a nightmare.

I'm pretty sure that I saw in some thread that the blow dryers were being added to the agility challenge but don't quote me on that. Granted, some of the gear they changed were very easy to get but not the furnace.

And some of the items you can't even get now. So they are bringing more imbalance to the game again by allowing some toons to progress to the next level but not others. On top of that it's even more unfair bc the people that have already crafted many furnace and other items will have their toons on a higher gear lvl than others bc it won't be possible if you didn't craft it before hand.

EA is at their best. Every time they seem to be making a good step, they go and do stuff like this.
  • Options
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Glad to know EA doesn't care about their players and their marketing objective seems to be scamming new players in to upgrading toons they'll regret in the future and penalize everyone for upgrading their toon even more. Sigh EA greed is so sad and they don't even bother to hide it anymore, they'll simply ignore everyone thinking they're right lol.

This game doesn't require more revenue, why? All developers do is sit there for months trying to implement 'new content' that nobody has seen since the start of this game lmao seriously they don't even play this game.. hire some new developers please who actually play the game and understand what the players want. Again your mathematicians are all greedy and f*cked in the head for assuming everyone would be okay with this **** gear grind with ABSURD % chance. Thanks EA for ruining this game community because eventually people will stop playing due to gear grind being **** and not satisfying at all. Even the whales don't want to spend money on such stupidity and sorry for them on spending so much on a game that doesn't cater to the community but again, caters only to EA MONEY GREED

Yeah you burn that strawman, burn him good you will feel better after I promise.