Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Options
    No taunt tank is viable without speed in this metagame.

To nerf the only one who's usable takes away our options. There's plenty of ways to play around taunts, use your brain :)
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    OMG seriously you are gonna have a cry about a character you can't beat? Figure it out, he's not hard to defeat

Sidenote: Out of the 2 free characters Poe and Phasma, I didn't understand why everyone thought Phasma was good, Poe is clearly the better choice. And now that he's starting to shine I'm PVP people are calling for the nerf bat because they struggle lol
    Elyndria wrote: »
    No taunt tank is viable without speed in this metagame.

To nerf the only one who's usable takes away our options. There's plenty of ways to play around taunts, use your brain :)

I have taken great lengths to respond to this in my first,third and fourth post. Take the time to read before commenting.

Why do you guys refuse to read the points I have laid out in my posts and respond appropriately to those points?
    @slybeats if you can't win an argument, call the other guy a whiner, attempt to confuse with a poe vs phasma argument, and hope this gets swept under the rug?

@Elyndria
    Did you read my posts? the counter arguments are all there. I'm still waiting for your answers

• Options
    ;)
    tumblr_nq0xf2Mcay1rrka2ho1_500.jpg
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Elyndria

your refusal to address valid points that I have raised speaks volumes about your maturity
  • Options
    Your argument is about his passive tenacity? The bonus is marginal.

But if you're seriously getting resisted 100% of the time you can play a taunt in your squad also?

You can also play an aoe team?

The problem you're encountering likely is the fact that certain single target attackers are blatantly overpowered, e.g. fotp, leia, qgj. Those are the problem areas, tanks are a part of the game too, and it's nice to finally see them at 60.

6a2.jpg
  • Options
    ZarAzi wrote: »
    Asajj Ventress has dispel and I've managed to kick Poe's badonkadong with her. A droid squad with Poe on my ladder dominated but when you throw in Han Datcha Jawa Sid and Asajj (ALL OF WHICH ARE F2P BTW) it's easy peasy from there on. So People please.....

STOP IT with the f nerfcry. ESPECIALLY if you happen to be in the mid level range. I cannot imagine how worst this whining will be once the level cap increases. Your galactic wars will basically be impossible to clear with all the level 70s around and when that happens Yall are gonna scream blasphemy because lord forbid you lose and this whining will continue once more and once Bespin Luke is out. (JEDIS ARE TOO STRONG OMG) yoy guys might actually start writing petitions. Just yall wait and see.

I like to try my droids on your team. Too bad you're not in my server. I have Poe. I think I would take out your Jawas first, then Sid and asajj. Droids are bad at defense. AI doesn't know whom to attack. I thinks that's why you can win against that droid team.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

But if you're seriously getting resisted 100% of the time you can play a taunt in your squad also?

The problem you're encountering likely is the fact that certain single target attackers are blatantly overpowered, e.g. fotp, leia, qgj. Those are the problem areas, tanks are a part of the game too, and it's nice to finally see them at 60.

he has high passive tenacity(71% according to http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/) This is nothing to scoff at because your chance to remove taunt isn't guaranteed and thus debuffers are not a consistent answer to taunt.The problem might be worse at level 70 if poe gets more gear that boosts his tenacity.

Can't beat them, join them? So you're acknowledging that there isn't a viable, consistent counter unit to taunt, you join the winning team and use a taunter yourself... and pray that somehow the rest of your team pulls through.I'm asking for a direct counter to taunt, both sides taunting isn't a "counter"

It might be true that some of the single target attackers might be OP, them alone is a problem in itself, but the combination of a fast taunt+ crazy dps is an issue that has to be addressed somehow.

As for aoe teams, read my post on what it means to be OP.I'm not going to rewrite the entire post again.
  • Mace
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tanks are Tanks.. Choice who suits your team!!! I believe all tanks serve you differently, does a tank stop you from having a good healer in your team like Lum?? Tell it to all who have level 5* or 6* players
  • Options
    Zekex wrote: »

he has high passive tenacity(71% according to http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/) This is nothing to scoff at because your chance to remove taunt isn't guaranteed and thus debuffers are not a consistent answer to taunt.The problem might be worse at level 70 if poe gets more gear that boosts his tenacity.

Can't beat them, join them? So you're acknowledging that there isn't a viable, consistent counter unit to taunt, you join the winning team and use a taunter yourself... and pray that somehow the rest of your team pulls through.I'm asking for a direct counter to taunt, both sides taunting isn't a "counter"

It might be true that some of the single target attackers might be OP, them alone is a problem in itself, but the combination of a fast taunt+ crazy dps is an issue that has to be addressed somehow.

As for aoe teams, read my post on what it means to be OP.I'm not going to rewrite the entire post again.

QGJ can remove the taunt, Teebo can remove the taunt, Dooku can stun him 40% of the time (his Potency trumps Poe's tenacity), Windu can remove the taunt, Asajj can with a percentage chance.

These are 5 who can counter any taunt, satisfied? If you're going to say but how am I going to that with Sid/Lumi cookie-trash build, well that's on you isn't it.
  • Options

HELLO? Like I said, taunts are part of the game. EA made Poe how he is for a reason, but you don't have to use him. Play Han, play Chewie, you don't have to use Poe. His tenacity isn't as effective as you think. Just because something isn't "guaranteed" doesn't mean you're doomed to never hit an ability block or stun.

Sure, if you play a single target team against a single target team, whoever has the trump card wins. Be it an awesome support or a tank like Poe. Why shouldn't tanks have a common place in the metagame? And honestly, from what I've seen, they don't. I've faced maybe 1 or 2 teams the entire time I've held rank 1 at 60 using a tank, and I easily handled it every time. If you can't beat them you should reassess your squad.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Asajj Ventress has dispel and I've managed to kick Poe's badonkadong with her. A droid squad with Poe on my ladder dominated but when you throw in Han Datcha Jawa Sid and Asajj (ALL OF WHICH ARE F2P BTW) it's easy peasy from there on. So People please.....

STOP IT with the f nerfcry. ESPECIALLY if you happen to be in the mid level range. I cannot imagine how worst this whining will be once the level cap increases. Your galactic wars will basically be impossible to clear with all the level 70s around and when that happens Yall are gonna scream blasphemy because lord forbid you lose and this whining will continue once more and once Bespin Luke is out. (JEDIS ARE TOO STRONG OMG) yoy guys might actually start writing petitions. Just yall wait and see.

I like to try my droids on your team. Too bad you're not in my server. I have Poe. I think I would take out your Jawas first, then Sid and asajj. Droids are bad at defense. AI doesn't know whom to attack. I thinks that's why you can win against that droid team.

I can assure that isnt my line up :) all those toons I suggested was for the benefit of the doubt for those F2P players. I have a guy on my server who runs Poe Poggle HK ig86 and ig88. I run Poe Poggle and AOE glass cannons. (Which isn't my main line up). Your droids will target my poe but my toons will aoe yours. Add in a dispeler and your buffs will be rendered useless. Besides most anti droids can outrun 88 and 86. ^^

Zeke shhhhh I wasn't talking to you. So please. K thx
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Heronmar

Qgj is chromium only, teebo might have trouble with high tenacity of poe, dooku only has a 40% to stun him (odds are still against you),mace and ventress are too slow with their dispells

@Elyndria
    how nice of you to point out that there isn't a consistent counter.That's exactly my point!

Strawman argument. I never argued against tanks having a common place in the metagame. I suggested introducing more characters with appropriate speeds to remove taunt and that dispel be given a 100% chance to remove taunt.Did I ask for a nerf on poe? Nope

• Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Elyndria
    how nice of you to point out that there isn't a consistent counter.That's exactly my point!

Strawman argument. I never argued against tanks having a common place in the metagame. I suggested introducing more characters with appropriate speeds to remove taunt and that dispel be given a 100% chance to remove taunt.Did I ask for a nerf on poe? Nope

AOE offense up teams are the definition of a consistent counter, but okay.

Ever thought the reason he has a tenacity passive is to slow down 1-2 turn kill metagame? And that's not to say he cant be dispelled, stunned, or ability blocked, because he literally can. I don't understand your argument. I honestly think I'm being trolled right now. :*
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @Elyndria

AOE offense up teams are the definition of a consistent counter, but okay.

Ever thought the reason he has a tenacity passive is to slow down 1-2 turn kill metagame? And that's not to say he cant be dispelled, stunned, or ability blocked, because he literally can. I don't understand your argument. I honestly think I'm being trolled right now. :*

please, for the last time, read the post on what overpowered means. That's your answer to aoe teams.I'm not going to regurgitate my entire post so just read that.

Again because of his speed, tenacity, and probability of stuns and certain abilities landing, a lot of the so-called counters you mentioned are not applicable. Again, this is my last time asking you to read the counter arguments in my previous posts. If you don't the discussion will not be fruitful at all, since you keep ignoring my previous posts.

• Options
    Considering that Poe is ONLY usable in Arena, it better be useful.
    In GW you cant use him, since once he taunts he is pretty much dead. It buys you time for 1 match, that's it.
    Same issue with normal/hard battle modes. He is extremely hard to keep healed and deals low dmg.
  • Options
    I literally don't care what your definition of overpowered is.

Refer to my images, thanks :)
  • Options
    @Heronmar

Qgj is chromium only, teebo might have trouble with high tenacity of poe, dooku only has a 40% to stun him (odds are still against you),mace and ventress are too slow with their dispells

@Elyndria

This shows you have no knowledge of the game. Teebo has a guaranteed dispel (can't be resisted). 40% chance is quite satisfactory and Ventress when leading has quite decent speed and honestly, you WANT your dispellers (is that a word?) to move AFTER the taunt has gone.

I'd be surprised if you were actually level 55+ with top50 arena ranking, you do no have the basic knowledge that can be found on the web with a quick search or lazy enough to not do so hence implying your lack of competence.
  • Options
    Considering that Poe is ONLY usable in Arena, it better be useful.
    In GW you cant use him, since once he taunts he is pretty much dead. It buys you time for 1 match, that's it.
    Same issue with normal/hard battle modes. He is extremely hard to keep healed and deals low dmg.

I found Poe to be quite useful in GW. My glass canons usually finish the opposition right after he taunt so he can be healed.

• Options

I can assure that isnt my line up :) all those toons I suggested was for the benefit of the doubt for those F2P players. I have a guy on my server who runs Poe Poggle HK ig86 and ig88. I run Poe Poggle and AOE glass cannons. (Which isn't my main line up). Your droids will target my poe but my toons will aoe yours. Add in a dispeler and your buffs will be rendered useless. Besides most anti droids can outrun 88 and 86. ^^

What are your glass canons? I'm building an AOE team myself. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    @Heronmar

@Elyndria

And that is where you fail :D Man I rooted for you and @Elyndria the whole time but now I really have to go with @Elyndria.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Please keep in mind that Asajj currently does not offer any Speed at all on the first wave of actions to her party in Squad Arena. Leader Speed bonuses are bugged atm.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I agree with @ZarAzi, I'm gonna try and stay away from stingy topics like this. I wanna make a stop the nerf petition!

You can't stay away from misinformed nerf threads like this - else Poe will end up like Barriss. Getting unnecessarily nerfed at a point in the game when people don't even have most toons built.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This place used to be so much more mature, constructive, and receptive back then....Now it's just making me mad af. So. NO. I don't find any of these whining and complaining "fun". Devs and Mods better not buy into these nerfcries and they better prioritize on the real issues and bugs. Their credibility is on the line. Please be reminded.

This thread is starting to get filled with people who either
    1) do not read the valid points I put across and respond them accordingly
    2)did not read the suggestions I put across as constructive feedback
    3)try to sidetrack the discussion with irrelevant stuff

If you are one of those people who can't read more than 5 lines of text,tries to derail the discussion, or downplays anything with a negative vibe, stop reading and do not respond to my post.

2)I did an in-depth analysis of what's wrong with the poe-glass cannon combo and unlike others, noted that it was the combination, rather than the character itself that was the problem. I even noted the lack of non-chromium characters and consistent answers to the combination and suggested introducing some characters and tweaks to alleviate the problem.All these instead of asking for a nerf on poe. Isn't this considered as constructive feedback? Analyzing the root cause of the problem and giving constructive suggestions?

A lot of you are really new to the rts genre.Reading between the lines, some of you think that OP means that there are no counters for that particular set-up. That is not true. Take a rts game like starcraft for example. There are plenty of counters for every single starcraft unit. But why is it that at the launch of a new starcraft expansion, there are still OP units/strategies? This is because that particular strategy/setup

a) limits the viability of other strategies by being able to beat most except for a few particular setups.This eventually results in a decrease in viable strategies leading to a stagnation of gameplay

b)requires an all-in setup to counter. That usually means that you probably have to do something drastic to counter it. For example sacrifice building of resource collectors/buildings/only produce an army/halt all other production/only produce a particular unit/etc. If your all-in fails, the game is pretty much lost at that point. some of the solutions in this forum are very all-in.Like relying on a 40% stun on dooku. What happens if you fail the stun?Or an all-in development of a team just to counter the combination.A huge time investment that could take months to gear and level from scratch.

c)takes advantage of a specific timing window where the opponent cannot muster enough units to defend with,unless he was already doing a build specifically tailored to counter the strategy/combination
    Most of us are invested in non-faction related builds. overhauling the entire team would require people to abandon development of their entire team, drop arena rank unless they already have a deep roster, and start from scratch to build a synergized team.

When a particular combination/strategy meets some of the above conditions, it is OP, and the devs for starcraft will attempt to balance the problem by buffing/nerfing. OP doesn't mean no counters.

Btw, the reason why ventress and mace do not work is because of their slow speed and poe's tenacity.Even if you dispel on your turn, the damage is already done since most of your characters have been taunted by poe
    CronozNL wrote: »
    According to forum the following needs to be nerfed:
    Asajj, Poe, FoTP, Lumi, Sid, Dooku, Leia (tho broken), Kylo Ren, Rey, DM, QGJ and I'm sure I forget a few )like half the roster prolly).
    If we have to take em all serious, might as well make a static game where everyone hits for 1k dmg and no dodge, resist, stun, ability blocks and buffs. Worst game ever.

The thing that's most hilarious aren't even the nerf cries. It's the RNG was bad for me so I rant on forum about it and hope devs will increase the chances.

You're providing zero relevant discussion to the points i raised, and trying to sidetrack the discussion with irrelevant details to other issues. I did not ask for poe to be nerfed. Did you read more than 5 lines of my original post?

What rng? Have you read any of the posts?Reading one line doesn't count. Reading the entire post and comprehending it counts. Huge emphasis on comprehending the post. A poorly disguised attempt to derail the discussion and rant on things that you're concerned with.

You didn't, but you used the word nerf in the post and it can be taken somewhat as a suggestion - it then INVITES the nerf bunnies to hijack the thread and start asking for nerfs and complaining. So this thread sets up all the nerfing discussion and creates a big thread that the devs will see. ... now next thing you know Poe will be on the "watch list" for toons in the next update from Jesse.

Many of us are just really sick of the nerf threads so anything even close to nerf related...just save it.

Still say no one knows what is OP because:

1. Too much of the roster is unbuilt
    2. We are multiple level caps away from true end game (lvl 60 g7 we are really at mid game at best)
    3. We don't know what new toons are going to be like in the future

Just let the game mature before assessing each toon.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Please keep in mind that Asajj currently does not offer any Speed at all on the first wave of actions to her party in Squad Arena. Leader Speed bonuses are bugged atm.

The beauty of Asajj is her lack of speed. Buffers gonna buff and asajj just comes in the 2nd round and be like "nope I don't think so and imma heal my dudes at the same time." Her dispel is useless if there's nothing to dispel. Also no one cares about leader speed bonuses when it comes to asajj atm. Asajj does her job and that's all we are asking for.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    Options

I'm using Darth Maul, Ig88, Sid and Datcha. All of which I interchange whenever I please. Also notable mentions would be Anakin, Vader, Asajj, Boba, Jawa, LANDO!!!, Kylo and several others I can't think of atm. Many possibilities! :blush:
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BTW, QGJ has a special that can to remove Poe's taunt and gives offense up to QGJ's team. Once Poe has no taunt, he's actually a liability to the entire team with his low damage.
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • Options

I'm using Darth Maul, Ig88, Sid and Datcha. All of which I interchange whenever I please. Also notable mentions would be Anakin, Vader, Asajj, Boba, Jawa, LANDO!!!, Kylo and several others I can't think of atm. Many possibilities! :blush:

Sid, 88 and Poe are locked on my team, the other two I'm not sure. I have both Jawas and Vader and Poggle, should I fully gear the Jawas? If I must pick one, which is better? I think Jawa hits a little harder, Dathcha though has ability block.

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

The beauty of Asajj is her lack of speed. Buffers gonna buff and asajj just comes in the 2nd round and be like "nope I don't think so and imma heal my dudes at the same time." Her dispel is useless if there's nothing to dispel. Also no one cares about leader speed bonuses when it comes to asajj atm. Asajj does her job and that's all we are asking for.

Asajj does a pretty terrible job of doing her job IMO. Have you actually tried to use her dispel atm? it dispels barely anything and half the time she dispels stuff on her own team...
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sid, 88 and Poe are locked on my team, the other two I'm not sure. I have both Jawas and Vader and Poggle, should I fully gear the Jawas? If I must pick one, which is better? I think Jawa hits a little harder, Dathcha though has ability block.

If you're using 88 use toons that give dots before 88. Vader goes after him so they don't sync up. Definitely use Poggle. Datcha isn't bad and starring him/her up means if you ever face a droid team you can make Datcha lead and wreck them. Has very little HP though so AOE teams are going to ignore Poe and destroy Datcha and 88 before they even get a shot off. Consider working on Geonosian Soldier or IG-86.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

If you're using 88 use toons that give dots before 88. Vader goes after him so they don't sync up. Definitely use Poggle. Datcha isn't bad and starring him/her up means if you ever face a droid team you can make Datcha lead and wreck them. Has very little HP though so AOE teams are going to ignore Poe and destroy Datcha and 88 before they even get a shot off. Consider working on Geonosian Soldier or IG-86.

Sid gives dots, Vader and 88 both benefit from it. I have an epic droid team, just wanna try something new.