Time to check reddit

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

This is going to blow up in the morning. Asking for patience from people who have done nothing but be patient after a continuous series of mistakes, blunders, and missteps is asking for a lot....

Called it lol. The entire Dev team should've been called into work and been in this all night. They needed to pound a bunch of Rip-It and work non stop to find some resolution. I'd venture a guess they arrived at the office at the usual time as if it wasn't a big deal. The player base is out of patience. I respect your intent here @EA_Jesse , but all the good will of this player base was burned up a while ago. The only thing holding this game together is the IP; and history shows even that isn't enough to save games.

Rip-Its... military detected lol

@SemperRabbit Lol yea. Ten years Army and 3.5 yrs over 3 deployments to Iraq which resulted in unhealthy amounts of Rip-It being pounded before patrols.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    After spending a disgusting sum on this game, power-levelling teams to perform better in raids, and refreshing shipments for furnaces and droid callers, and to hear that a significant number of players got virtually unlimited quantities of this gear for free - it makes me furious. Anyone who's seen my recent posts will know I've been pretty hacked off with the game recently anyway.

Gear gating was the single biggest mistake they ever made with this game, coupled with a raid structure having miserable random rewards and encouraging the opposite of teamwork.

Then:

Pre-crafting: Strike 1
    Guild hopping: Strike 2
    Alt factory: Strike 3
    Pre-crafting "solution" opportunistic cash grab: Strike 4
    Unlimited free raid gear: Strike ****ing 5

And in each case, the exploiters keep their winnings. Why? Because it's too much work to manually edit player accounts, because it would cost money in man-hours and it's too hard. Because they'd have to work on a client update or something that isn't directly generating revenue.

And then the players who've spent thousands for faster progression, paying EA/CG wages, supporting the game, get to look at players in their arena or guild who gained months of advantage for FREE.

After the events of the last few months, the solution to this had better be pretty spectacular.

Usual rule of thumb is 3 strikes, yet you still play. Dont know what the point of your post is other than that no matter what happens, you'll still pay

I think you've mistaken everything else with baseball. People aren't bound by that game's rules everywhere else in life, and typically use discretion to make a decisions based on multiple variables.

Oh gee yeah thanks, i had mistaken everything else with baseball.

No problem. I figured.
    After spending a disgusting sum on this game, power-levelling teams to perform better in raids, and refreshing shipments for furnaces and droid callers, and to hear that a significant number of players got virtually unlimited quantities of this gear for free - it makes me furious. Anyone who's seen my recent posts will know I've been pretty hacked off with the game recently anyway.

Gear gating was the single biggest mistake they ever made with this game, coupled with a raid structure having miserable random rewards and encouraging the opposite of teamwork.

Then:

And in each case, the exploiters keep their winnings. Why? Because it's too much work to manually edit player accounts, because it would cost money in man-hours and it's too hard. Because they'd have to work on a client update or something that isn't directly generating revenue.

And then the players who've spent thousands for faster progression, paying EA/CG wages, supporting the game, get to look at players in their arena or guild who gained months of advantage for FREE.

After the events of the last few months, the solution to this had better be pretty spectacular.

Usual rule of thumb is 3 strikes, yet you still play. Dont know what the point of your post is other than that no matter what happens, you'll still pay

I think you've mistaken everything else with baseball. People aren't bound by that game's rules everywhere else in life, and typically use discretion to make a decisions based on multiple variables.

Oh gee yeah thanks, i had mistaken everything else with baseball.

No problem. I figured.

Strike 1

3 strikes in a row is called a turkey

That's probably apt for this current situation.

That was your 3333rd post, and it was about 3 strikes in a row

Am I the only one that finds that mildly amusing

lol
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    The only solution is to remove the gear. If they can't do that then the accounts need to be reset or removed.

+1. Either remove gear which they already failed to do so all the accounts should be reset.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member

Then:

Are you FTP? If so then there's no point in me trying to explain it to you.
  • As it stands right now, CG needs to get rid of those that misused the bug... No matter what the accused say!

This might have been a mistake from CG from the beginning but the people that abused the bug did so knowing it was an exploit which is against the terms of use, so no matter what anyone says, if you abused the bug, you should be punished!

& no one should be trying to justify any sort of fowl play... Unless they want to pay CG's salaries!
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Everyone: we are in this mess together, please don't start a flame war only to have this thread closed.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    As it stands right now, CG needs to get rid of those that misused the bug... No matter what the accused say!

This might have been a mistake from CG from the beginning but the people that abused the bug did so knowing it was an exploit which is against the terms of use, so no matter what anyone says, if you abused the bug, you should be punished!

& no one should be trying to justify any sort of fowl play... Unless they want to pay CG's salaries!

Bawk.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    slampdx wrote: »
    As it stands right now, CG needs to get rid of those that misused the bug... No matter what the accused say!

Bawk.

First laugh of the day. :smile:

• Palanthian wrote: »

Then:

Ok. Enjoy your spending :)
  • Doga wrote: »
    Everyone: we are in this mess together, please don't start a flame war only to have this thread closed.
    truth! dont let infighting between players get an important discussion closed.
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    huanislu wrote: »
    If this problem isn't solved, I think the game is really over. Because it let the ppl who spend real money on game look like a fool.
    +1

+1
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member

Then:

Enjoy your trolling. :smile:
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Giving full pieces of Raid gear + shards for all Raid chars including Han Solo to all non-cheaters would be a more positive equalization of the playing field.

You're speeding up like 0.1% of the grind fest (or less) and make the vast majority (all the non-exploiters) a bunch of happy bunnies.

It could be an either-or decision for each and every player to do:

You can choose to keep your current equipment and shards OR rollback your raid-rewardable only equipment and shards to pre-bug inventory and get THESE REWARDS:

X full equipment piece of each the raid exclusive pieces
    W salvage pieces of the raid pieces which also drop elsewhere (or full pieces just the same as above)

Y Piggie shards
    Y Rey Shards
    Y JE shards
    Y Luke shards

Z Han Solo Shards YAY!

Plus a bunch of credits.

THe items which don't drop in raids are unaffected by this.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    They should just revert all accounts that exploited and roll them back to prior to the update or even farther. If there's no repercussion to exploring other than losing what you stole IF you're caught then people will keep doing it. I noticed since accounts went unsuspended my shard got a whole lot stronger.
    No real punishment has been dealt to exploiters.
  • Palanthian wrote: »

Then:

Enjoy your trolling. :smile:

I wasnt but ok.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    shampoo wrote: »
    They should just revert all accounts that exploited and roll them back to prior to the update or even farther. If there's no repercussion to exploring other than losing what you stole IF you're caught then people will keep doing it. I noticed since accounts went unsuspended my shard got a whole lot stronger.

Exactly
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

This is going to blow up in the morning. Asking for patience from people who have done nothing but be patient after a continuous series of mistakes, blunders, and missteps is asking for a lot....

Called it lol. The entire Dev team should've been called into work and been in this all night. They needed to pound a bunch of Rip-It and work non stop to find some resolution. I'd venture a guess they arrived at the office at the usual time as if it wasn't a big deal. The player base is out of patience. I respect your intent here @EA_Jesse , but all the good will of this player base was burned up a while ago. The only thing holding this game together is the IP; and history shows even that isn't enough to save games.

You know. I completely agree. I am getting fed up with the response time on this stuff. Games that have made far less money than this game, respond immediately (aka hotfix in the works in hours). This "wait and see" approach is what is causing half the problem.....

I am pretty sure they wouldn't want a refund request from me....
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member

Either this or an indefinite suspension if they can't figure out how to remove equipped gear and spent credits/currency. Not only that, but I can confirm someone in my guild abused this situation and was never suspended at all. I'm sure there are many more as well.
  • Maybe they should just give us all the same amount the max exploiters got and call it done.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member

I'm less interested in punishment as I am for removing the unfair advantage and ensuring that the real money people have invested in this game is not devalued. If it isn't addressed immediately, real investment becomes devalued to the point of being worthless and faith in the Dev team is eroded. It's then a very fast slippery slope towards the game's collapse.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Revert all accounts back or wipe them. Issuing 500 gems, Han Solo shards, or whatever is not going to solve this. It wouldn't even come close.

What you are telling me is, people have received thousands of dollars in items, for free. It was only "some" people.

Furthermore, you are going to take a "wait and see" approach.

Why should I continue to pay? Why should I not want a refund?
  • Aldaron wrote: »
    The dev team is between a rock and a hard place. There're probably thousands of accounts that need to be cleaned and if they have to do it manually it could take forever. And then you have the problem of finding out and reversing all those changes like buying shards, gears, equiping toons, etc it's an increidible amount of work.

If it takes too long it would be the same as banning those accounts since people will naturally move on to other games. And they clearly don't wish to do that or they'd have done so already. They want to keep all those people in so they can keep spending money.

On the other hand if they just let those accounts get back on the game with a poor clean up job many of the users that didn't use the exploit could quit the game.

In any case I can tell you that a teammate on my guild was unsuspended and he claims that CG no only cleaned up the account but that he thinks that they took more than they should.

Why not just give compinsation in the form of 5 of each raid gear and 1 million credits

That does not even touch the base. I'm seeing posts of 27 mil and 50 scanners earned. Giving me 1/27th of the creds and 10% of the gear as someone who dropped a sickening amount of money on this game would not even scratch the surface. The only fix for this, if gear can't be removed and stars can't is to remove their account make them start over. Then as an apology to the honest players your compensation you proposed would be sufficient.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    NCNER8R wrote: »
    Revert all accounts back or wipe them. Issuing 500 gems, Han Solo shards, or whatever is not going to solve this. It wouldn't even come close.

What you are telling me is, people have received thousands of dollars in items, for free. Why should I continue to pay? WHY?

Exactly. Compensation will not work, unless it runs into $000s
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Jazz66 wrote: »

I'm less interested in punishment as I am for removing the unfair advantage and ensuring that the real money people have invested in this game is not devalued. If it isn't addressed immediately, real investment becomes devalued to the point of being worthless and faith in the Dev team is eroded. It's then a very fast slippery slope towards the game's collapse.

Agreed here- it's not about punishment it's correcting the error.
  • I've contacted EA this morning. There needs to be some sort of fair resolution here. However EA had already set the precedence with cheating by allowing people to keep 7* Vaders. The moral of the story we will only slap you on in the wrist for cheating, so it's worth it to find the exploits.

Sadly I just dropped another 50 this morning for gear before I saw this post. DONE.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    The way i see it is this...i got my arena team close to maxed out. Hopefully with a little (a lot) of luck, i will get my 2nd team up and ready to go. So from my point of view...why should i care about this? Why should i care about people getting banned for this? I do not...However the devs should care. They are the ones that are losing money. If a suspension without removing the gear that was claimed is everything they want to do, then that's fine by me. Don't want heads on a stick.

These people were able to level up and star (and gear up with the pieces they exploited) every character they own without repercussions because CG is unable to tell AT ALL. That alone is hundreds if not thousands in credits.

There is different severities of people involved in this glitch. To say they are all the same is wrong. Also, I have friends that had their gear and credits wiped completely. They even think they took stuff that was not gained from the glitch.
  • Got a screenshot of the guy on my shard who did this and went from roughly 30,000 Guild Currency to nearly 200,000 overnight. It is still showing the higher number today on his rank snapshot (or whatever they call that). Don't know if he is suspended or not--still at rank 15, will see if he moves up today.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Slots wrote: »
    The way i see it is this...i got my arena team close to maxed out. Hopefully with a little (a lot) of luck, i will get my 2nd team up and ready to go. So from my point of view...why should i care about this? Why should i care about people getting banned for this? I do not...However the devs should care. They are the ones that are losing money. If a suspension without removing the gear that was claimed is everything they want to do, then that's fine by me. Don't want heads on a stick.

These people were able to level up and star (and gear up with the pieces they exploited) every character they own without repercussions because CG is unable to tell AT ALL. That alone is hundreds if not thousands in credits.

There is different severities of people involved in this glitch. To say they are all the same is wrong. Also, I have friends that had their gear and credits wiped completely. They even think they took stuff that was not gained from the glitch.

Just one severity IMO. Just one response IMO.
  • NCNER8R wrote: »

So the people who happened on it by accident, then replicated it once more to validate and then promptly reported it... Same severity and same response?
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    NCNER8R wrote: »

So the people who happened on it by accident, then replicated it once more to validate and then promptly reported it... Same severity and same response?

Of course... Got to realize some of these people are jumping on the "ban everyone" band wagon just in hopes to receive free stuff.
This discussion has been closed.