The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    You guys have awesome Empire characters! I've been investing in them all since I got this game, and currently my RG is king at 6* with 5725 PWR. I'm only level 73 right now, can't even give my RG the raid gear yet.
    Perhaps the newly announced mods will make it even better, It looked as if you could buff a characters health. His would be insane.
  • Greedo_shot_1st
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    PS Aero can I send an ally request? My username is GoldKARnage
  • Options
    Hi all!
    This thread looks like it was made for me; decided a couple weeks ago the oppressive Empire life was the way to go. I just have a couple questions about who to level.
    I used Magmatrooper in a previous playthrough and he was crappy even for an Empire character. He was resistant sure, but his TM reduction never landed, and his damage otherwise was low. Therefore I decided to use Vader, Tarkin, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, RG (decided against veers because of the difficulty in starring up, and I didn't get him in the dark side starter pack) in this playthrough.
    Considering I'm only level 37, I can still change and veer towards using Magmatrooper (most people seem to ditch Stormtrooper so I could replace him). That would mean I would use GW tokens, which is ofc easier to get than cantina.
    I would appreciate your feedback on which of the two (if either) you use, and why. How do/did you find them at mid to late game? From what I've read of this thread, Magma only gets potency towards the latter stages of gearing. Is it worth waiting that long? If so, who should I replace? On a side note, at roughly what level did you unlock Vader?
    Thank you for reading and for your feedback!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    PS Aero can I send an ally request? My username is GoldKARnage

You'll need to resend that
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi all!
    This thread looks like it was made for me; decided a couple weeks ago the oppressive Empire life was the way to go. I just have a couple questions about who to level.
    I used Magmatrooper in a previous playthrough and he was **** even for an Empire character. He was resistant sure, but his TM reduction never landed, and his damage otherwise was low. Therefore I decided to use Vader, Tarkin, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, RG (decided against veers because of the difficulty in starring up, and I didn't get him in the dark side starter pack) in this playthrough.
    Considering I'm only level 37, I can still change and veer towards using Magmatrooper (most people seem to ditch Stormtrooper so I could replace him). That would mean I would use GW tokens, which is ofc easier to get than cantina.
    I would appreciate your feedback on which of the two (if either) you use, and why. How do/did you find them at mid to late game? From what I've read of this thread, Magma only gets potency towards the latter stages of gearing. Is it worth waiting that long? If so, who should I replace? On a side note, at roughly what level did you unlock Vader?

We like Magmatrooper here once maxed. It's a long slog, but if you want Empire to be your end game it's worth it.

Also start farming General Veers now. I think at your level you only have 1 hard node available, still worth it.

I just tried 2 Arena matches with my gear 10 Stormtrooper, putting him in for a different character each time. I feel I wasted my gear, he's so bad
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    We like Magmatrooper here once maxed. It's a long slog, but if you want Empire to be your end game it's worth it.

Also start farming General Veers now. I think at your level you only have 1 hard node available, still worth it.

I just tried 2 Arena matches with my gear 10 Stormtrooper, putting him in for a different character each time. I feel I wasted my gear, he's so bad

Ah really? Okay thank you.. Guess I'm binning him. Haven't got that hard node unlocked yet but will soon. Cheers!
  • Options
    Hi all!
    I used Magmatrooper in a previous playthrough and he was **** even for an Empire character. He was resistant sure, but his TM reduction never landed, and his damage otherwise was low. Therefore I decided to use Vader, Tarkin, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, RG (decided against veers because of the difficulty in starring up, and I didn't get him in the dark side starter pack) in this playthrough.

Rough. That's a lot of gear, too.
  • BradGoodyear
    984 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey just opened up some ally spots.
    Would love to have some of you Empire guys.
    I run G9 Old Ben on LS
    and G10 Tarkin on DS

That would allow you guys to run 6 empire toons, and Old Ben is a stellar help on LS missions.
    You can message me ally code if interested. I am looking for LVL 80 guys in return. I would love some unique LS or DS chars as well as empire, just not the same old QGJ poggle dooku lumi phasma hk47 Sid

If needed I can always switch an Empire Char out for short term if someone needs as well.
    I don't have Veers and my RG is low. Everyone else I have near max.
  • Options
    Hey just opened up some ally spots.
    Would love to have some of you Empire guys.
    I run G9 Old Ben on LS
    and G10 Tarkin on DS

That would allow you guys to run 6 empire toons, and Old Ben is a stellar help on LS missions.
    You can message me ally code if interested. I am looking for LVL 80 guys in return. I would love some unique LS or DS chars as well as empire, just not the same old QGJ poggle dooku lumi phasma hk47 Sid

If needed I can always switch an Empire Char out for short term if someone needs as well.
    I don't have Veers and my RG is low. Everyone else I have near max.

I have all (or access to all) Empire already. Anything else unique?

I usually switch between
    FOTP - Maxed + Basic Omega
    Leia - G9
    Magma - Maxed + All Omegas
    Snow - Maxed
    Tarkin - Maxed + All Omegas
    Storm - G9 + Basic Omega

I'm looking for someone to use to finish last two nodes of Cantina.
  • Options
    Finally got clone sergeant to gear 9, now I can work on the droid caller for tarkin
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 4 shards away from 7-starring Veers. Oh god he's bad, he's so, so, horrible and useless. Can't wait to finish him!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    I'm 4 shards away from 7-starring Veers. Oh god he's bad, he's so, so, horrible and useless. Can't wait to finish him!

I like Veers. He's fast and has good utility with opening AOE ability block.

Only one I think is absolutely horrible is Stormtrooper.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I am excited for the mods. I hope they are done well and can help the empire become a thing.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    So, after some weeks playing in arena, I'm now facing lower level teams in my shard in the 100-200 range (yep, I'm that lower). Most of the teams I face have Daka and Ewok Elder, with a DPS (Rey usually, most of the time G9 or G10) and are also usually behind RG or STHan. Dodge leaders are also very popular still.

I am failing miserably in arena now, loosing most of the matches :neutral:. My team is not fully geared, but I guess I lack another DPS without Veers, and I'm doing probably some things very very wrong. What teams you usually win in arena with the Empire and what compositions you guys are running with more success? Does anyone suceed without Veers? Do you guys use Vader? I got excited at the first days without much drop and winning some battles but I guess it was just good RNG, and probably was the GW guild activity day that prevented them from attacking me. I guess I'm THE favorite target now LOL and I fall *a lot* of ranks.

My team currently is: Tarkin G10 (Max Gear), Vader G10 (missing thermal detonator, all omegas), Royal Guard G10 (close do G11), Snowtrooper G9 and Magmatrooper G8. The team does some reasonable TM control, but I simply loose most of the battles. What are your strategy against taunters like RG or STHan? Do you guys focus on them first? Also, against Daka/Ewok Elder, is there any chance?
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    So, after some weeks playing in arena, I'm now facing lower level teams in my shard in the 100-200 range (yep, I'm that lower). Most of the teams I face have Daka and Ewok Elder, with a DPS (Rey usually, most of the time G9 or G10) and are also usually behind RG or STHan. Dodge leaders are also very popular still.

I am failing miserably in arena now, loosing most of the matches :neutral:. My team is not fully geared, but I guess I lack another DPS without Veers, and I'm doing probably some things very very wrong. What teams you usually win in arena with the Empire and what compositions you guys are running with more success? Does anyone suceed without Veers? Do you guys use Vader? I got excited at the first days without much drop and winning some battles but I guess it was just good RNG, and probably was the GW guild activity day that prevented them from attacking me. I guess I'm THE favorite target now LOL and I fall *a lot* of ranks.

My team currently is: Tarkin G10 (Max Gear), Vader G10 (missing thermal detonator, all omegas), Royal Guard G10 (close do G11), Snowtrooper G9 and Magmatrooper G8. The team does some reasonable TM control, but I simply loose most of the battles. What are your strategy against taunters like RG or STHan? Do you guys focus on them first? Also, against Daka/Ewok Elder, is there any chance?

Your main problem is that your magma is gear 8 :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Yep... I just realised that while writing :# He does not survive enougth. And he is extremelly hard to gear up... I guess I'll finish up Veers before I gear him LOL
  • Options
    Igor08 wrote: »

I like Veers. He's fast and has good utility with opening AOE ability block.

Only one I think is absolutely horrible is Stormtrooper.

He has his uses.I like him personally
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Grraauuggh
    363 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Ronoaldo My squad:

G10 5* Vader
    G10 Tarkin
    G9 RG
    G9 Snowtrooper
    G10 Lando (I also have G8 Magma, but don't use him)

I've been a bit more successful lately using Lando in the 5th spot. I know it's not an "all-Empire" team, but given the emphasis on AoE with Empire squads and the fact I don't have Veers and probably won't for a while, Lando is a good alternative. Veers might be okay in his place, but I'm happy with Lando so far since his AoE can be reused so much and is basically the best AoE in the game IMO.

I agree, Magma is your weak link, he pulls his punches and his real utility is if you need high tenacity, but even then if he doesn't hit hard enough his extra turns won't matter much.

As for Empire strategies, I typically try to apply stuns and ability blocks to the most dangerous opponents like Rey, GS, QGJ, or STH early-on, and then either try to get a single-target attack from Vader or Tarkin to kill someone without triggering RG's taunt, or I simply spam AoE which removes turn meter and Rey's foresight, and also gets around taunts.

The only main weakness is against stuns and ability blocks, but simply countering with additional stuns of your own like Daka or Dooku or Cad Bane even or whomever will help, as will using characters like the aforementioned Magma or Yoda especially who can give your entire team high enough tenacity to ignore the stuns and just nuke the heck out of them. I've been upgrading my yoda for this very reason and hope to be able to start using him soon.

Edit: Again, I know this isn't a "true" Empire team since it's really only 4/5 Empire toons for me most of the time, but it seems to work okay, and I'm convinced that the upside is better than most since it's heavy on AoE, which solves a lot of problems. I'm sure Veers would be excellent if you have him and he's leveled up, but he looks like a difficult farm to me.
  • Options
    I think you guys will enjoy this sub https://www.reddit.com/r/EmpireDidNothingWrong/
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    With mods coming, we better start theorycrafting which mods will help our Empire teams to keep up with the ever changing meta. All I know for sure is Tarkin gets Potency mods, lots and lots of potency. Veers could do damage focus, with maybe some defense to go along with it. I am sure any mod could help Stormtrooper but would want all HP/defense focus
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    @Ronoaldo My squad:

G10 5* Vader
    G10 Tarkin
    G9 RG
    G9 Snowtrooper
    G10 Lando (I also have G8 Magma, but don't use him)

I've been a bit more successful lately using Lando in the 5th spot. I know it's not an "all-Empire" team, but given the emphasis on AoE with Empire squads and the fact I don't have Veers and probably won't for a while, Lando is a good alternative. Veers might be okay in his place, but I'm happy with Lando so far since his AoE can be reused so much and is basically the best AoE in the game IMO.

I agree, Magma is your weak link, he pulls his punches and his real utility is if you need high tenacity, but even then if he doesn't hit hard enough his extra turns won't matter much.

As for Empire strategies, I typically try to apply stuns and ability blocks to the most dangerous opponents like Rey, GS, QGJ, or STH early-on, and then either try to get a single-target attack from Vader or Tarkin to kill someone without triggering RG's taunt, or I simply spam AoE which removes turn meter and Rey's foresight, and also gets around taunts.

The only main weakness is against stuns and ability blocks, but simply countering with additional stuns of your own like Daka or Dooku or Cad Bane even or whomever will help, as will using characters like the aforementioned Magma or Yoda especially who can give your entire team high enough tenacity to ignore the stuns and just nuke the heck out of them. I've been upgrading my yoda for this very reason and hope to be able to start using him soon.

Edit: Again, I know this isn't a "true" Empire team since it's really only 4/5 Empire toons for me most of the time, but it seems to work okay, and I'm convinced that the upside is better than most since it's heavy on AoE, which solves a lot of problems. I'm sure Veers would be excellent if you have him and he's leveled up, but he looks like a difficult farm to me.

Thanks! I really apreciate your help. I returned back to my "default" team in arena to rank backup and try to get some crystals at number one for a few days and speed up gear farming on RG, Snowtrooper and then the long Magmatrooper grind. I don't have neither Lando or Veers, still farming shards for both. With AoE and maxed out gear, I have IG-88 and it would be my best to be in the last spot replacing magma. It would be an Empire + Bounty Hunter team, I may test it again in the near future.
  • Options
    I think you guys will enjoy this sub https://www.reddit.com/r/EmpireDidNothingWrong/

Loved it! Been reading it yesterday and today. Interesting to see the opinions on how the Empire has done some good. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    How nice, my favorite character got nerfed ( not a huge one but still! ) General Veers: Speed Up granted by “Daring Attack” can now be dispelled. @Aero
  • Options
    So far I've given stormtrooper some health and I gave Tarkin some potency
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    @Batman44gaming please share the final moded stats :) also, what mods you used where? I'm a bit lost with this thing...
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    @Batman44gaming please share the final moded stats :) also, what mods you used where? I'm a bit lost with this thing...

My guys aren't maxed, so it might not be as high.

A maxed Tarkin with the few mods I currently have, has about 58 percent potency and 78 when I complete the set.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Great! thanks!

I'm very optimistic with this update, but the other people in the forum is going crazy and they not even played with the thing yet! What are you guys thoughts? Please share any mod type recommendations if you happen to detect one from mod shipments.
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I plan to add potency and damage for Tarkins/Veers/Magma. Stormtrooper will gladly take more HP and protection bars, might even make him not total trash! Snowtrooper with speed would be pretty good also
  • Options
    Lisker wrote: »
    I plan to add potency and damage for Tarkins/Veers/Magma. Stormtrooper will gladly take more HP and protection bars, might even make him not total trash! Snowtrooper with speed would be pretty good also

I'm giving Storm trooper hp/protection and damage, Tarkin gets potency, damage, and health, Snow gets hp speed and damage. Vader gets potency and damage. RG gets speed, tenacity(resist dispels) and health
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    I am lost in the colors shapes levels stars of mods. Not sure yet how that all works. Batman, thanks for sharing your plans. I'll take a look but I have to study this more. Still not sure how that works.