Mods Update II: It's Another Mega Thread!!

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    This is exciting!
  • Options
    How about adding Indominus Rex as a farmable toon so Rey and her stick all modded up can one shot a genetically enhanced dinosaur as well?
  • Options
    Like ive said, they were drinking and laughing at us! Cheers!!!!
  • Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    Options
    I want to say despite my complaints, I want to like @CG_NotReallyAJedi. I've read his posts here and on Reddit. He's thoughtful and passionate about the game. But c'mon. "The only thing that matters, at the end of the day, is how it affects you and your enjoyment of the game."

We know that isn't true. If that were true, GW would never have been rolled back to be more difficult/more time consuming, and if that were true, when there was a 60K view thread begging you to change it back, your response wouldn't hAve been "too bad, we aren't changing it." In fact, this update makes GW harder and take longer than it ever did before. So please don't tell us our enjoyment is what matters. We're not children. We know better.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »

Just in case no one realuzed, "It's a Trap!"

Thus whole game is a Venus fly trap for your hard earned money, they've reached levels of incompetence that I'm pretty confident is a Mafia shakedown at this point
  • Options
    Thanks for hearing our concerns and making it worse. Common sense anyone? I'd love to see a video of all of you in the meeting room coming up with this stuff. It must be something special.
  • Options
    I finally figured out what happened here, somebody screwed up and gave these guys the Star Wars IP instead of the Spaceballs IP.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    I finally figured out what happened here, somebody screwed up and gave these guys the Star Wars IP instead of the Spaceballs IP.

ding ding - we have a winner
  • Options
    I refuse to take part in exploiting a broken game to help break it some more.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    After I initially read that post I had the same reaction as you guys. Pre crafting 2.0. Them not listening, etcetera.

I reread it, and it seems indicate they will be "adjusting" mods in a day or two. I have to assume that means nerfing. Time will tell if they follow through with that of course.

However. We still really, really, really, don't want to spend cantina energy to unlock mods.

Really.
  • thelaughingman
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

That said, we have heard you—both good and bad. I do want to say that during the initial testing and balancing phases of these Mods, we received feedback very similar to your initial reaction, however, in almost every single case, once those players got past the “sticker shock” of the large numbers (so to speak), the feeling was that Mods really allowed for more variety in the game.

OK I don't doubt mods will provide diversity and customisation ONCE the average players have access to and can level up all mod types. Were your testers have to work through the system from scratch? Or have complete rosters + bazillion crystals & credits to spend in the testing environment?

So you see, they got over the "sticker shock" simply because it was just a shock to them, it was temporary and quickly overcame with all the resources provided in the testing environment. However, in the live environment, only the whales of whales can replicate such progression and even some, among the whales, is unable to and are leaving the game. To the average players, this is an absolute nightmare. Both resource generating routes: crystal from Arena and credits from GW are blocked by the whales of whales who already got over the "shock". And as the shock prolongs into a nightmare for almost all of the playerbase, it wrecks the raid system as-is, the one thing that keep many players committed despite the game's many on-going and sustaining shortcomings.

About diversity and customisation, sure it might be true for the type of mods being equipped but the outcomes will be the same, as many have pointed out. Meta will still be meta, only with inflated numbers now. This is because mods provide so many 2nd stats and simply boost all of them. The only difference between the mod type is the set bonus, which is miniscule compared to the actual stats for the mod (10-15% HP for example against 5% HP per mod).

Finally, the fact that mods can override gears is stupendous. When my Rey pre-mod with max gears had 2000+ physical damage and a SINGLE 5* lv15 HEALTH mod can provide almost 800 damage with just primary stat, what logic is that?

I will give CG the benefit of the doubt that you guys did perform a lot of testing, however, you failed to reach the correct conclusion. The proof is in the pudding, no matter how you may try to spin it, the player base have spoken and you are now having to make changes.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    It's pre crafting all over again. Here's your chance to crack those wallets guys
  • Options
    Well, imagine what comes tomorrow!!!! The dev said they will work in the game all night, tomorrow can be worse!
  • Options
    Can the Devs do something so the whole ST: GoH community can rejoice and praise the Devs for doing such a thing?

Let's turn this bad and negative vibe around into something good and positive!

I can't even remember the last time it was like that around here..
  • Options
    Pre-crafting 2.0. Because they didn't learn the lesson the first time round.
    BWAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    CAa4Y2D.png

Wait-What-Meme-02.jpg

Mate, you made me laugh so hard I was coughing. That picture is just...perfect
  • Options
    WHAT THE FREAK. THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT WE ASKED FOR!

Mods are harder to get, still uses cantina energy, and just what? This is dumb beyond so many levels.

Precrafting 2.0. You guys should be fired. Or whoever makes the decisions should be. You guys don't listen to your fans at all.

I'm quitting this game if you dare release this patch or don't fix it in the next 2 days.
  • Options
    Another bad egg. This is how CG releases updates...

giphy.gif
  • Options
    To me this new update misses the boat completely. It will continue to widen the gap between P2P and F2P. Lower drop rate will have a greater impact on F2P/low spenders. If they instead would have addressed the abomination that GALACTIC WAR has become it would have lessened the outrage. I think if they could remove protection and/or mods from GW opponents, it would be a step in the right direction even with keeping the higher level/geared opponents.

I second this.

• Options
    It has become more fun to read the forums then to grind in the game. It looks like I'll be freeing up some room on my phone soon as this company keeps lowering the enjoyment of their own game. On top of that, they only listen to the complaints they want to see (read: doesn't cut their profit) and not the ones the community is most vocal about and offering alternative solutions the mess they see.

Also, testing in a vacuum, as that is the only way I can imagine they 'test', is not best practice.
  • QGJesus
    93 posts Member
    Options
    LOL what did I just read?
  • Fury77
    252 posts Member
    Options
    lol
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for hearing our concerns and making it worse. Common sense anyone? I'd love to see a video of all of you in the meeting room coming up with this stuff. It must be something special.

I think this is what you are looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vXs2vo8Ghk
  • Options
    Epic misdirection. People will stop complaining about the massive mistake that the current mod system is and instead focus on the reduced drop rate.
  • Options
    Hellcat wrote: »

I think this is what you are looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vXs2vo8Ghk

Very Good, LOL!!!!
    I will quit the game and stay here for the comments!
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Terrible 'solution'. They obviously just don't get it.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    4fe21e1e91407.jpeg
  • Options
    They nerfed mods
  • Options
    Well after seeing that it all makes sense now :)
  • Options
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    I want to say despite my complaints, I want to like @CG_NotReallyAJedi. I've read his posts here and on Reddit. He's thoughtful and passionate about the game. But c'mon. "The only thing that matters, at the end of the day, is how it affects you and your enjoyment of the game."

We know that isn't true. If that were true, GW would never have been rolled back to be more difficult/more time consuming, and if that were true, when there was a 60K view thread begging you to change it back, your response wouldn't hAve been "too bad."

Also this. We're not speaking out because change is hard. We're speaking out because the changes have been mismanaged and have taken the joy out of the game.

This was a great game once. Seems such a long time ago and a galaxy far, far away. Oh wait, that was only June 2016.