Mods Update II: It's Another Mega Thread!!

Replies

• M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Fearbeard wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »

3. Reworked Mod Drops in Mod Battles and Mod Challenges
    Battles will no longer drop Mods 100% of the time. Instead the drop rate will be higher than Character Shards on an equivalent Squad Cantina node. Challenges will also drop at the higher rate.

What. Why?

They weren't quite happy with how slowly mods were killing the audience and needed to speed things up.

BWAHAHAAH Sooooo true.
    What a bloody mess

I'm actually starting to believe that this is the case. Like they said "we need to shut this game Dev down...how quickly can you alienate the players?"
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    the cantina energy i burned this morning didn't apply to my dailies lol

That's pretty sweet. I need to waste a min of 24 cantina energy to get an omega
    Post edited by slampdx on
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Waterdog01 wrote: »
    Your fix to mods is absolutely too little too late. You can't nerf the ability to get them after releasing the beast. You can only nerf the stats across the board.

If PrecarftinGate 1.0 taught us anything, it is that CG completely disagrees with this statement.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    No point in pointing out the negatives of the mod system and tweaks to it, it's minutia compared to the larger problem. Instead of a competitive advantage for ptp players vs ftp, now there is a great divide. The chase is effectively gone, of ftp trying to catch ptp, and ptp staying slightly ahead.
    “If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are … a different game you should play”
    – Yoda

Not true. Only yesterday i had problems placing first in arena, today there are no more problems. The 'divide' was barely for a day.

Just wait a week or two. Once mods are understood, whales will have a huge advantage. It's that simple.

They will pay to refresh Cantina more than F2P. They will then have a better choice of mods so that they may more efficiently work the synergies of various mod sets. Also, they will progress deeper to into the battles sooner (again, with cantina refreshes). They will then use the advantage of mod numbers to mod more of their squad - which in turn will allow them to continue the cycle. That is the whole point of mods - keep the whales happy and spending.

Yes, I realize that some whales are annoyed. They should be. Many dumped a lot of money into the game that was. Mods are the game going forward - and a not-so-transparent attempt by EA to "re-milk" the whales. This time though, the spending WILL give them a competitive advantage. EA has every reason to make sure they at least got that part right. Initially, whales were spending for a very temporary advantage. This update changes all that. If they can't get "old" whales to spend, EA simply hopes they can attract enough new ones.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    So they are also upping the amount of cantina currency on Mod battles.

I already went through all the mod battles, does that mean I will get the difference in cantina currency? We should.
  • Zazoo
    8 posts Member
    Options
    ichotolot wrote: »
    One last attempt to grab cash before players are going to play Pokemon Go anyway. Mods srew everything up. Synergy, classes, Raids, all destroyed.

Pokemon Go is my new poison and I am happy to spend money on it since it is reasonably priced unlike this game.
  • Nat
    6 posts Member
    Options
    I was ready to give this game a second chance, but if the update happens as described, I'm likely leaving. I'm F2P and it's not fun anymore
  • Options
    3. Reworked Mod Drops in Mod Battles and Mod Challenges
    Battles will no longer just drop Mods 100% of the time. Instead the drop rate will be higher than Character Shards on an equivalent Squad Cantina node. Challenges will also drop at the higher rate.

Oh. My. God.

You just did pre-crafting 2.0. Unbelievable

This is exactly what I thought. I still don't believe that pre-crafting was that bad, but this will be. I like mods. Hell, I love them, but to have them live for a day or three, then to cut back on them is a very very very very very very very bad idea.

Basically players like myself, will have lots of mods, and we're kicking but right now, other players who can't or won't afford to do so though will catch up over the next week or three, I would still have the advantage because I'll have a bigger pool of mods to draw from so I can tweak them, but other players will be close.

What you are about to do is tell those other players, Now rather than a week or three of catch up, you're looking at 2-3-4 month before you're close to full modded players.

This really sounded like a good idea at the round table? Because it's not.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    No point in pointing out the negatives of the mod system and tweaks to it, it's minutia compared to the larger problem. Instead of a competitive advantage for ptp players vs ftp, now there is a great divide. The chase is effectively gone, of ftp trying to catch ptp, and ptp staying slightly ahead.
    “If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are … a different game you should play”
    – Yoda

Not true. Only yesterday i had problems placing first in arena, today there are no more problems. The 'divide' was barely for a day.

i've never come across anybody on this forum who goes out of their way to be a bigger tool than you. And that's saying something. You're the inspiration for an Ignore User button.
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    There are more people spending money in the reasonable range than in the big spender range. That's who carries the game.
    Unfortunately, that's just not true.

There are lots of companies that do market research, which can be easily found online (try SWRVE) which clearly show >50% of a game's revenue comes from >1% of players.

While we are accustomed to thinking that money buys a voice, in the case of IAP, our perceptions don't reveal what market analysis does: we are liars.

Statistics used by EA, and other games companies, show that a majority of spenders DON'T even spend a second time.

What you are seeing is a mechanism built to convert people to spend not once, but just a second time, while simultaneously squeezing more from the top.

That same research shows that whales are a farmable commodity to a game, when they "quit" research shows that they still return multiple times trying to regain their position, but even when they leave for good, new whales emerge.

This isn't about game play, its about rescaling and recalibrating revenue amongst the top percent of players and getting more players.

Statistics don't

You are probably right, my feeling was that mods were primarily introduced because whales were starting to curtail their Cantina mod refreshes as they got enough purple ability mats.

On the other hand, were you going to end your post with "statistics don't lie"? Because in that case, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Uh no, nothing that clichéd or glassy eyed.

Weird glitch with that post, I edited my response.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi First off I appreciate what you are trying to do.

But really giving us another precrafting debacle? those who saved cantina energy and who are whales in general will have significantly more mods than everyone else by now, and now that they have a ton of them, you want to cut the drop rate?

As others have said this also just makes the cantina energy issue worse.

On the plus side all these changes have helped me drop putting effort into arena and GW, so i spend way less time playing the game every day, so this does help my addiction at least :)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    dough wrote: »
    – Yoda

i've never come across anybody on this forum who goes out of their way to be a bigger tool than you. And that's saying something. You're the inspiration for an Ignore User button.

Keep whining for no reason.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    – Yoda

Maybe take a break from spamming this thread, Mommy picked up Hot Pockets.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The competitive advantages isn't between P2P and F2P anymore. FTP have been left so far behind.

The gap now wides between Whale P2P and causual P2P. Guys that are spending $50 a month(which is the cost of a new console game) are falling farther and farther behind the big spenders, so now those guys can't even get on the whale's heels. They are now experiencing F2P life. Not completing GW and dropping in the arena because they can't spend $100s.

There are more people spending money in the reasonable range than in the big spender range. That's who carries the game. Maybe they should listen to those guys.

Seems nobody reads what others write on this forum, everybody prefers to get their post up and repeating the same mindless stuff that the previous fellow regurgitated. Keep at it.

Yup, like they expect devs to read it. It is just whine whine whine. Here is something constructive. For those ftp out there, the news is, PTP have an advantage but you can and will catch up. You can stop moaning now and get back to the same arena rank you were before unless some people coughed up the dough, in which case, they paid for the advantage and to push your rank down. It's not the end of the world. The mods are Good. Anyone who has paid to get maxed out knows they affer alot of freedom to refine character stats to make your squad your own. This is a good thing, The devs are responding to things which are not working as intended and also due to the mass amount of moaning and people threatening to or quiting the game they will be adjusting the percieved benefits of mods. Personally i think you all need to watch this video about cheese.

https://youtu.be/16hxCB1Dvd4

It's about responding to change. The game is in desperate need of a change manager and whilst EA Jesse does a good job communicating to the community, it's clear the understanding of change management is missing from the dev team and they could probably learn alot by studying or training in this to understand why they get such overwhelming negative responses with their updates and changes.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    – Yoda

Maybe take a break from spamming this thread, Mommy picked up Hot Pockets.

Something about a hot pocket?
    Post edited by Alexone on
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    WAI
    This is an attempt to purge the current player base. The next group will pay even more to play.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    Options
    So, now that mods are not 100% drop rate that means P2P Whales get even further ahead??
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    This one i agree with actually, nerfing the droprates is ludicrous unless your intention is to increase the drop rates on rare mods. Otherwise it's ridiculous.
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    Options
    As I'm sure others have said, changing the mod drop rates is just going to result in another Pre-Craft situation. It doesn't help that this change is completely unnecessary and wasn't anything anyone actually complained about.

The only thing that changing the drop rate on mods will do is increase the power gap between those who already invested in mods and those who haven't had a chance to. Please do not change the drop rate.

Please do what we asked you to do, which is balance the mods themselves first.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I've spent exactly $0 on mods, didn't hoard Catina energy and now have most of my entire arena squad with mk5 level 15 mods. It helped to have saveed up crystals for 100/200 and now even 400 refreshes and credits to upgrade. What happens next at least I have no real money invested in it and honestly don't even care; I can take it or leave it but there isn't a large disparity between PTP and FTP as others claim.
  • Options
    I am leaving the game now. A once enjoyable game has been ruined of late, and the direction it has taken is killing it. It has been real, but you guys truly suck
  • Options

i hope you do realize you can do play alot more than 30 games with an emulator. itd be worth $60 if they included more than 30games. i will probably buy one just to put in my gaming room in my house but will probably never open or use it because it is not reallly groundbreaking.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sorry guys but this is not precraft 2.0...... You can still aquire the mods at probably a 40-50% drop rate... precraft was a complete lockout for like a MONTH.... so ya not the same. Yes it's an advantage to those who got 100% drop rates but not that big a deal as I don't think the new drop rate will be that bad. plus I think they are upping the rate at which rare ones drop alot to compensate.

So yes it sucks but way to overblow things and call it precraft 2.0. Yes I am FTP.
  • Options
    Hello,
    I'm really excited about this new update and I would like to thanks development team for their efforts. Now i feel the game is finally being "complete" as it should be on the start. It's also nice to see the devs are reading all the feedback. Stars Wars Galaxy of Heroes become the best game I've ever played on Android and I will keep continue with my support for this awesome game. The only thing I don't clearly understand is why there is so many players mentioning the gap between Free 2 Play and P2P. Me and my girlfriend are playing almost from the start and she never spend money except one time purchase of Character pack. ( The droid pack with HK47 IG88 ... ) I have purchased a lot of things including crystals and character packs for 800 USD +- . We are in the same guild and she is enjoying every single aspect of the game just like I do. The only one noticeable difference between us is Damage on Raid Bosses. She is doing well on Arena / GW / Events. Actually it's 1 of the most balanced p2p game I've ever seen.

Last few words to devs....

Thank you for all the hard work you did from the start and keep enhancing our favorite game and don't listen to few mad players. There will be always a lot of complaints. But I am pretty sure there is a couple hundreds thousand players playing and enjoying the game like I do.

// I am sorry for my English, If you want to blame me feel free to do it via PM not in this thread :-)
  • Options
    Now mods are harder to get? Not good. Also can they count as a cantina Battle? Or get there own energy? At least increase cantina energy refill rate.

Agree!!!!! Yes Yes Yes. This needs to be reposted by everyone.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • Options
    Why lower our chances to get mods? ESPECIALLY IN CHALLENGES!!!! It takes 16 Cantina Energy to get a mod and now you're saying that's not even a guarentee we get them? With a refresh rate so painstakingly low, it's beyond frustrating that you'd do this to us.

Please lower the Cantina Energy refresh already!!!!
  • Options

i hope you do realize you can do play alot more than 30 games with an emulator. itd be worth $60 if they included more than 30games. i will probably buy one just to put in my gaming room in my house but will probably never open or use it because it is not reallly groundbreaking.

Of course you can run Mame, or other emu, but then you need something to run it on. And I have an original NES that plays more games too.

The beauty is $60 and done, perfect simplicity for the loft and kids.

And way more fun/$ than 24 Anakin shards...

Saying that a repackaged 30 year old game system isn't groundbreaking is silly. The controllers are rejiggered to work with Wii and WiiU, that's about as groundbreaking as you could expect. There's no upgradability, and you could buy and play those games in the Virtual Store; but it's an all-in-one disposable system anyway.