Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    My two cents

If you need something from a system to be able to complete the system it is a problem.

If it was a case of its hard but it is where you get your main source of mods or something that is find because it is a different resource to what you need to get your team able to beat it.
  • Options
    I sympathise. I went through a horrible time a few weeks ago where I couldn't complete node 12. I have since now built up a 'b' and a 'c' team. And sometimes I still can't do it, but I'm doing an awful lot better than I used to.

You do have to be flexible. Many times I have to retreat a battle and start again to either a) target a different enemy first or b) switch out a single char or c) switch teams entirely.

My go-to team at the start usually lasts me until battle 9, when I have to switch the 'a' team in. I can then usually fall back on the 'b' team for battle 10, but have to use the 'a' team for 11. On battle 12 its all about getting the main DPS char out of the way. I can usually do that with my 'b' team who then all die. My 'a' team can then usually finish them off, but occasionally I'll have to resort to using the 'c' team in there somewhere.

The worst team I faced which was just impossible was 7*, fully upgraded, fully modded ST Han, RG, Leia, Rey and someone else. I forget who. Not important. I'm sure I don't need to say more. Its not always that bad tho...
  • Options
    I truly feel bad for you guys that can't complete it. I was there for the longest time. But when I upgraded my Vader to 6* and gave a furnace to Lumi, GW became an absolute breeze. I don't face any meta teams anymore, and the elusive node 12 green squad.

Now I hope they never change it. I finally crested the mountain and the view is glorious.
  • Options
    I used to feel the way you did but the past two weeks it's been really easy. Node 12 is a garbage node now which is fun. I think it has something to do with me getting about 37000 power. Just keep building your toons and expanding your roster and it'll get better
  • Options
    I truly feel bad for you guys that can't complete it. I was there for the longest time. But when I upgraded my Vader to 6* and gave a furnace to Lumi, GW became an absolute breeze. I don't face any meta teams anymore, and the elusive node 12 green squad.

Now I hope they never change it. I finally crested the mountain and the view is glorious.

Brad, what do you mean furnace to Lumi? I'm still 20 shards away to 6* vader... will we have the same absolute breeze later then?
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    GW is getting harder and harder. The only way to get credits in the game. I am about done with this game. Could not get passed node 8 today. Gear 10 or 11 droid teams starting at node 6. My arena power is just over 30 k and have never been higher than 391 in arena. I am at a loss on what to try. I HATE GW. It sucks. Makes the game unplayable. Please fix it.

You messed up putting your arena squad 30k plus w/o building a larger roster. Most people focus on 5 toons max their gear and level then when they get to node 6 they lose their best toons and are left with horrible geared toons that can't help them the rest of the way. Unless you farm better toons and get their gear and power up to par with your main team you gonna get mad everyday.

• Options

[/quote]

Capitalism gives you choices, I have a neighbor that works his butt off mowing lawns and pulls down 6 figures a year

Fine, I'll bite... See, this is where you are wrong. In capitalism you would never pay someone a lot of money to mow your lawn when there are people who will do it practically for free. Not for a moment do I believe that your neighbor earns 6 figures (unless there's a comma somewhere??) by mowing other people's lawns, unless it's a figure of speech and by mowing lawn something else is implied.

Actually: 8 lawns a day at 50/lawn X 5 days a week = 104,000. Of course in the climate where I live grass grows year round. But even if it is a different climate, there are options- handyman, snow shoveling etc... My point is no excuse in capitalist society. But you are also right, I did spend too much time on that topic. My point was simply to address the ppl complaining about dumping $ into the game. You have choices- don't do it and accept what GW is. It is not necessarily meant to be won every day.

Building multiple teams is key to winning at this game- like all of these types of games, things are in constant flux.

I should have quoted specific whiners when I wrote my initial comment- I realize that.

• Options

Brad, what do you mean furnace to Lumi? I'm still 20 shards away to 6* vader... will we have the same absolute breeze later then?

I mean a scanner. And I don't know what level your top 5 players are so I don't know.
  • Options

GW just ridiculous... easy!
    Please more 24 nodes!
    ;)
  • sL_Spinoza
    404 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

GW just ridiculous... easy!!
    Please more 36 nodes for my fun!
  • Options
    Take 20 min every morning to complete my gw, i'm ftp, this is just too easy...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

I am 5 shards away from a 6* Vader - and only need to beat GW 4 more times to get that. Haven't been able to do that have I, lol. Instead waiting for when shards show up in the shard shop - taking ages for these 5 more shards!!

And you are right! How on earth can we upgrade our toons to be able to beat GW, when we need the rewards from GW to do so. It's a catch 22 for F2P players.

P2P players are now dominating the game - arena, raids and GW rewards. The game itself is no longer balanced and EA refuses to accept that GW is an issue.

Until they fix it - the game is broken.

They are supposed to bring balance to the game...not leave it in darkness!
  • Valace2
    220 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Is this what I can expect from now on?

The GW up until about a week ago was fairly easy for me to beat and my only 2 5* toons are courtesy of the GW, Phasma and Luminara.

A couple days ago I fought a pretty brutal squad which included Old Dakka, I had never faced her at such a high level and I didn't focus on her. Lesson learned the next day I face a similar squad and used lesser toons to knock her out before sending in my first squad.

Today it was an entirely different story...

7* Luminara Lv 66
    6* Savage Opress lv 65
    5* Ashaka Tano Lv 66
    5* Chewbacca Lv 57
    5* Talia Lv 60

I am at level 57 with 2 5* toons. How in the hell am I supposed to beat that? I sent my B team into try and kill Luminara but they were wiped out, sent another squad in to try and hurt her and nothing. Sent my lead squad and they were wiped out without dropping a single enemy.

I get difficult, but that is impossible and for a once a day event I am pretty **** to be fighting something like that in the only reliable place to get shards.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

I am 5 shards away from a 6* Vader - and only need to beat GW 4 more times to get that. Haven't been able to do that have I, lol. Instead waiting for when shards show up in the shard shop - taking ages for these 5 more shards!!

And you are right! How on earth can we upgrade our toons to be able to beat GW, when we need the rewards from GW to do so. It's a catch 22 for F2P players.

P2P players are now dominating the game - arena, raids and GW rewards. The game itself is no longer balanced and EA refuses to accept that GW is an issue.

Until they fix it - the game is broken.

They are supposed to bring balance to the game...not leave it in darkness!

I once thought as you do. I didn't think I would ever beat it again. But really, you don't need to finish all 12 nodes to get enough credits to progress. You don't. Couldn't pass N11 today? Disappointing yes, but that doesn't mean you didn't do well and that you can't level up. Just keep at it. Build more heroes, gear/level them up, and try them out. Get raid gear and power up your best. One day it will happen, one day you will finish all 12 again. And then it will start happening more often. And then you will understand that the game is not broken after all.vtURiEO.gif

• Options
    I feel you, fam. Really, I've been there. You're just in Stage 4 of GW evolution, that's all. The real question is whether you have the stones to push through to Stage 5. You will get there eventually.
  • Options
    Did the forums get updated so everyone gets a colorful profile picture who didn't have one already?
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    https://youtu.be/Jwkm4DMTXhU did it in 15 minutes.
  • Options
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    Ok I really do not care for trolls but whatever. This is a real concern. I have 12 level 80's, 20 plus gear 8 level 70 characters. And like 7 gear 9 or higher characters. These **** teams mow them down like they are level 1's. What else do you need? It is just ridiculous and it needs fixed. It is the only way to earn credits in the game to do anything. People can say what they want but I for one am about done with it. Not worth it any more. It's getting harder not easier and the credit issues are real. Games are supposed to be fun. This is not fun any more.

Gw is easy...but as CG said ...u need more roster
    Also...from what i read there..ur roster is weak.....a g8 toon...is a weak toon....
    In order for u to complete gw on daily basis u need atleast one team g10 and g11
    And another 2-3 teams g9-10
    Lvl is not important...it doesnt matter if they lvl 80 or 70....gear is important
    Do raids...grind gear everyday..u will get there eventualy....i will be honest,if u are f2p...then will take u 6 months...if not ....pay with real money
    Good luck
  • Options
    Posted this in the wrong spot, so I guess I will post it here and join the whiners.

Is this what I can expect from now on?

The GW up until about a week ago was fairly easy for me to beat and my only 2 5* toons are courtesy of the GW, Phasma and Luminara.

A couple days ago I fought a pretty brutal squad which included Old Dakka, I had never faced her at such a high level and I didn't focus on her. Lesson learned the next day I face a similar squad and used lesser toons to knock her out before sending in my first squad.

Today it was an entirely different story...

7* Luminara Lv 66
    6* Savage Opress lv 65
    5* Ashaka Tano Lv 66
    5* Chewbacca Lv 57
    5* Talia Lv 60

I am at level 57 with 2 5* toons. How in the hell am I supposed to beat that? I sent my B team into try and kill Luminara but they were wiped out, sent another squad in to try and hurt her and nothing. Sent my lead squad and they were wiped out without dropping a single enemy.

I get difficult, but that is impossible and for a once a day event I am pretty **** to be fighting something like that in the only reliable place to get shards.
  • Options
    Failing at node 12 is not nice, but at least we get there and as credits go we "lose" only 75k. We still get the credits for getting there ...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Build up a droid squad and direct all of your complaints to the GW megathread, we don't need the front page to be full of the same complaints
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    GW whining is the new meta... there are a bunch of GW tutorials and threads, I suggest you read some of them.
  • Options
    Man, I'll be honest with you ... GW up to level 65 I won every day without difficulty. If you are suffering so early, something is wrong with your composition. Prepare yourself because after level 65, you will burn in hell every day.

List your heroes, stars and gear level.
  • Options
    Luminara 5* Gear 7
    RG 4* Gear 7
    Vader 4* Gear 7
    Phasma 5* Gear 7
    Dooku 4* Gear 7
    Leia 4* Gear 6
    Maul 5* Gear 6
    JKA 4* Gear 6
    QGJ 4* Gear 6
    Ren 4* Gear 6

Also have several others including Lando, ST Han, Sun Fac, Old Ben, HK-47, Sideous, IG-88 all at 4* and similar gear levels.
  • Valace2
    220 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    farming RG and Dooku hard am about 15 shy to get them to 5*. QGJ out of Cantina Shipments. Rey is proving difficult, lucky to get a shard a week outside of when I can get her shards through the guild.
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You have a lot of heroes!

GW, unlike the arena, you need two things: damage and sustainability.

I'm F2P, so I do not get a wide variety of heroes, so I focus on certain heroes to extract the best they have to offer. You have unfinished heroes at the same spot: Phasma and Luminara at 5 stars (GW), Leia, SIdious and ST Han with 4 stars (arena)... don't do this. Be focused on key heroes and only work on next when it has the maximum of their capacity at that time.

Try to focus only on these heroes until they are with 7 stars and the highest possible gear level:

Luminara (GW)
    QGJ (Cantina shipments)
    Leia (Arena)
    GS (Cantina battle)
    RG (hard nodes)

Rey will help you a lot, do not stop working on her. If you have Barriss, replace RG for her and make her your leader. Your entire team will receive an amazing survival.

When your Rey is equipped, replace Luminara for her. Only go back Luminara for the team if you need an urgent heal.

OBS: Maul, Kylo Ren and Sidious are useless. Do not spend your resources on them.

OBS 2: Try to mod your main heroes gradually. It makes a huge difference.
  • Options
    I have spent to much on this game already, trying to limit it to a few crystals only now but I couldn't resist some of the character packs. I have given up on Maul, Sideous, and Ren. Makes me sad Ren was my best toon for awhile. I worked hard to get Sideous only to find out he isn't what I thought he would be. Maul was the product of some crazy Chromium packs, have since given completely up on them. I have mountains of subpar toons.

Phasma is my leader, working on getting her to 6* at the moment. I have 2* GS but I am not a fan of the genoshians.

I have been slowly modding my top teams. My main five are almost fully modded. Still have around a million and a half credits I am saving for RG, Dooku, and Phasma promotions as well as Rey when I get her unlocked.
  • Options
    How would Poggle, Sun Fac, GS, HK 47 and IG-88 look as a team? I have thought about trying to do something with them. Would have to put a lot of resources into Poggle though.
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    In this case, you could try the following:

HK-47 (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    GS
    Poogle

But you will work on JE.

I opened a discussion about farm route recently, if you are interested:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/61256/best-f2p-farm-route
  • Options
    Valace2 wrote: »
    How would Poggle, Sun Fac, GS, HK 47 and IG-88 look as a team? I have thought about trying to do something with them. Would have to put a lot of resources into Poggle though.

It would be even better with IG86 in for HK. HK47 is only good as a leader of droids. You can try with a healer insted of HK. I still sometimes use Lumi in different teams to complete GW and she is very useful - good damage, good healing.