• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Not the best clone team, I know

https://youtu.be/XfDnrpZW-gg
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Not bad @Aero though without RG stuns it's possible to lose to 5555 at the end there. Tarkin offense down misses and you may have an issue. Good control of Rex at the start too
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin's Offense down is as close to a sure thing as you get, especially with Emperor lead. RG stuns do make or break a lot of the success
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Just had a mirror match opportunity for the first time this morning! both of us running all 5 clones - same gear levels, same leader (Rex), different mod choices. That said, it was dam hard lol. It came down to my Fives versus his/her Fives. Mine had a slight head-start and squeaked out the win but I can't help but feel like I didn't choose targets very well. I went for Cody >Rex>Sarge>Echo>Fives . Should those be in a different order as far as threat goes? (kind of curious in general as perhaps I'm valuing the wrong clones the wrong amounts on my own team!)
  • Options
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    Just had a mirror match opportunity for the first time this morning! both of us running all 5 clones - same gear levels, same leader (Rex), different mod choices. That said, it was dam hard lol. It came down to my Fives versus his/her Fives. Mine had a slight head-start and squeaked out the win but I can't help but feel like I didn't choose targets very well. I went for Cody >Rex>Sarge>Echo>Fives . Should those be in a different order as far as threat goes? (kind of curious in general as perhaps I'm valuing the wrong clones the wrong amounts on my own team!)

Who's Rex and Cody goes first? Funny that I'm even saying this but I would probably use Cody's AOE first on Rex to stun him and then try to focus fire Sarge, then go back to Rex. With any luck everybody will crit and you'll have a 1 turn CD on 212th attack to use it again to finish Rex. Save the AOE again for when you're about to target 5's so he doesn't counter as much maybe. But it really depends on the order in which your Clones go and their Clones go.
  • Options
    I can't find a way to make a clone team arena viable. They seem to get wrecked on defense.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I just realised how extreme the armour boost for Cody is when he's lead, he took about 60% of the damage the other clones took, that's insane!

Also kind of answered my question what would happen if a toons armour were 100%, they just take half the damage.
  • Options

Who's Rex and Cody goes first? Funny that I'm even saying this but I would probably use Cody's AOE first on Rex to stun him and then try to focus fire Sarge, then go back to Rex. With any luck everybody will crit and you'll have a 1 turn CD on 212th attack to use it again to finish Rex. Save the AOE again for when you're about to target 5's so he doesn't counter as much maybe. But it really depends on the order in which your Clones go and their Clones go.

So my Rex (182) goes before his Rex (175) and then my cody (168) goes before his (129). I'll try that next time though! I may have overestimated the opposing Cody and underestimated enemy Sarge hah. As far as the rest of the turn order, I'd say my team is a bit faster overall. My Sarge is at 140 as well compared to his 117. Though Echo and Fives are neck and neck. My Fives (122) versus his (125) and my Echo (155) versus his (153).
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @VeridianShakes having some troubles myself I dropped to 36 last night
  • Options
    I can't find a way to make a clone team arena viable. They seem to get wrecked on defense.

What happened with your PK testing? I remember it seemed to be going well at one point.
  • Options

So my Rex (182) goes before his Rex (175) and then my cody (168) goes before his (129). I'll try that next time though! I may have overestimated the opposing Cody and underestimated enemy Sarge hah. As far as the rest of the turn order, I'd say my team is a bit faster overall. My Sarge is at 140 as well compared to his 117. Though Echo and Fives are neck and neck. My Fives (122) versus his (125) and my Echo (155) versus his (153).

That works because his Rex won't SD first and you can stun him. Sarge has to go quickly. He easily hits for 13k without JKA and gets TM from his basic plus takes away your TM with his AOE if SD isn't active. Try it and see how it goes.
  • Options

What happened with your PK testing? I remember it seemed to be going well at one point.

Very interested in this as well - I keep reading through his kit as I'm working on him thinking every single ability is useful to the team. I'm modding mine with some extra potency to try and land the offense down, and speed to keep him moving and dispelling. Mine's almost 6 star and he's at gear 9 currently.

That works because his Rex won't SD first and you can stun him. Sarge has to go quickly. He easily hits for 13k without JKA and gets TM from his basic plus takes away your TM with his AOE if SD isn't active. Try it and see how it goes.

Got it! I'll knock Sarge out a lot sooner next time, thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    Let them clones farmable and I can participate in this discussion.
  • Options

PK is great. Just not for arena. Not having a taunt is a liability for any clone set up. I'm running Anakin lead with Rex, 5's and Aayala right now. Tried to get by without a tank by putting echo in. But I dropped too much to make it worthwhile. I don't want to have to refresh to stay at first for payout. So I put Sun Fac back in. He works well with Rex. I suppose I could swap Aayala out for Plo and see how that goes. She's much better at damage than he is though. I've had her special kill a full health Rey, QGJ, Palp and others in one hit after their protection was gone. Hard to trade that out.

• Options
    Has anybody else Cody not getting turn meter off his basic or stunning from his aoe when he is supposed to?

I run him in every GW and I've started noticing that a portion of the time that the aoe will not stun after getting 2 crits. Also, more often, he's not getting an extra 20% turn meter when the opponent has more than 50% health or less than 50% turn meter.

I could be wrong on this is if "health" for this buff is actually based on opponents health + protection and not just their health pool.

Otherwise, the bonus effects on his moves seem as if they're not always WAI.
  • Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Has anybody else Cody not getting turn meter off his basic or stunning from his aoe when he is supposed to?

I run him in every GW and I've started noticing that a portion of the time that the aoe will not stun after getting 2 crits. Also, more often, he's not getting an extra 20% turn meter when the opponent has more than 50% health or less than 50% turn meter.

I could be wrong on this is if "health" for this buff is actually based on opponents health + protection and not just their health pool.

Otherwise, the bonus effects on his moves seem as if they're not always WAI.

I've never noticed him not getting the appropriate TM. I use almost a full Clone squad for raiding and at 50%+ he's always gain about half a TM bar after his basic. His AOE crit is not guaranteed, the Tenacity - Potency calculation is still considered even if you did crit.
  • Options
    Guy on my shard runs Rex L 5's, Anakin, Cody, Echo and he is always top 3 and he dosnt drop some how? Sometimes he swaps Rex with Abakin lead. Anywho how do You guys think this team would hold up if you Swaped echo for Sarge or is echo essential to this team for Clense and small heals/assists.
  • Options
    Guy on my shard runs Rex L 5's, Anakin, Cody, Echo and he is always top 3 and he dosnt drop some how? Sometimes he swaps Rex with Abakin lead. Anywho how do You guys think this team would hold up if you Swaped echo for Sarge or is echo essential to this team for Clense and small heals/assists.

Really? Is your server active / competitive? I have no idea, that squad seems so vulnerable unless everbody was super fast. You need a debuff, so if you drop echo youre stuck hitting ST Han or Sun which sucks. Not sure how that would work.
  • Options
    Finally got Cody to gear level VII today. The new protection with a couple mods to amplify it is like night and day (I wasn't running him lead).

By this time of night I've usually fallen from the top 3 to 10-12th spot in PVP but I've only gone from 3rd to 4th tonight. I think his health was the weak link.
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 I know it blows my mind. Im on an older shard it's super competive and active. I don't know how the guy pulls it off. He has all speed mods plus health on everyone maybe thats the secret. His speed mods have high speed secondaries too. most of his clones are over 200 Speed.
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 I know it blows my mind. Im on an older shard it's super competive and active. I don't know how the guy pulls it off. He has all speed mods plus health on everyone maybe thats the secret. His speed mods have high speed secondaries too. most of his clones are over 200 Speed.

Wow, yeah that could be pretty deadly with all the TM gain they have on top of that speed. That very well could be the reason. Not sure if I have the speed mods to try it, ****.
  • Options
    Lots of Old Ben/ Dooku meta teams in top 30. Few Emp lead Few Droid Few Anakin leads. Pretty typical stuff.
  • Options
    Ya He had to have dumped so much into farming thos mods to get the right ones. Guy is a super whale. Makes me want body my resistance team to farm speed mods though
  • Options
    @VeridianShakes what are u running in arena right now?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Trevor don't suppose you have a screen cap of his Rex and/or Ani? If not is k
  • TrevorTheWookie
    207 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Trevor don't suppose you have a screen cap of his Rex and/or Ani? If not is k

I don't, will try to get one
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Did we ever get a word on whether Rex's AI will be altered to use SD before Subdue?

A shard mate recorded a video of his Palp team facing 4 of my clones plus RG, and it's pretty sad to look at your own team perma- stunned, especially there were times when all 5 of my toons were stunned, had Rex used SD instead, that would have been an easy defensive win
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I miss running my clones and have full omegas on Rex, 5's, Echo and CS. I DO NOT HAVE CODY. I am looking for the right 5th ... either a 2nd dispel (Plo Koon basic), offense up (Ani), or my 222 speed Emperor...yea that took a lotta work and a lotta luck.

I am not interested in any other possible toons for the 5th spot and have a fair # of +10 - +17 speed secondaries and enough +30 arrows to outfit all 5. 90% of them came the 1st 2 days mods were released and r mostly health or defense mods. Refreshes thru 800 on those 2 days paid off since they nerfed the heck outta the drop rate afterwards.

I look forward to your suggestions and hopefully explanations as well. I know clones r solid vs. Droids and aoe, guessing Emperor leads will b a pain.
  • Options
    @VeridianShakes what are u running in arena right now?

Currently Anakin lead. Rex, 5's, Aayala and Sun Fac.
  • Options
    I saw a comment on here about clones being good against drone teams in arena. They're the only teams I can't beat on my server running Anakin lead, CS, Rex, Cody and Luminara.

What's the strategy there that I'm missing?