***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    LV426 wrote: »
    Just curious what's good nna happen to all the people who spent money and played fair are they going to get their proper place or will it still be cheat to win because I have ally's in the tournament was can switch our teams to weakest toon defense so we can win 60 70 battles a day I have that many toons so I can do it tooooooo. I in need to know from EA CG time is ticking .

Can I cheat to get up to #1 like everyone else?

Or should I wait and see if they make it fair....

I don't wanna sit around all day and swap my teams on my alt account and fight my weakest toon 60x but I'll do it for shore trooper!!!!

I've just taken screenshots of everyone I know is cheating, I'll report them.

Hate to break it to ya, but it's not cheating if everyone in the game has the 'capability' to do this. Cheats and exploits are only things available to a few players because of limitations from the game, not limitations in the form of not being with your guild.

It is still a joke that this is able to be done, but it was just poor game design that allowed for guild cooperation.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    at the top, a battle only gets you 40 points. it gets real pricey. the guys who are at 10000 points have likely dumped well over 60k crystals
  • Options
    The mods are deleting specific posts here. I cant tell what topic it was cuz i would be definitly banned. But lets say an 'Apple' and/or a 'Droid' are involved. They could be your best friends
  • Options
    Please don't get this thread banned, we're not here to discuss the exploit. Let's just..... I don't know haha.... Enjoy it given the best resources we have.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Mine also refreshed, then "unrefreshed". Complete garbage
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    There's an exploit that people have been using to creep up the ranks in the tournament:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/55pe36/cheatexploit_in_pvp_tournament/
  • Options
    Scott8819 wrote: »
    I think as a good faith to their customers EA should own up to this and give everyone the Shoretrooper. Even if they did this we would still have to play future tournaments to collect shards to level him up.

This
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    Would be curious the math, it goes up to 100 crystals per toon for refresh, given the 40 points a win at top of the leaderboard, that's a lot of crystals. But with deeper rosters the refresh may not be as bad spread across 4-5 teams
  • Options
    Would be curious the math, it goes up to 100 crystals per toon for refresh, given the 40 points a win at top of the leaderboard, that's a lot of crystals. But with deeper rosters the refresh may not be as bad spread across 4-5 teams

It's unlikely, as towards the top, you will definitely need ur A-team to win with minimal casualties... So I wish one of the top guys will share how many crystals used so far to keep rank
  • Tronixi
    58 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Stormy we already know that....
    Dev pretty much said that in future they make it better...
    Question is about current tournament event if there will be anything done and it seems nothing.
    So those who spent a bit or more but not to whale level have to take that loss of crystals. There is nothing you can do about it now unless CG puts full stop this event but i doubt it. They like money as you said
    Spending in the game= that's OK.

I do feel for those who spent like over 2k or more crystals already and will struggle to stay on top 100 even. You just gifted your crystals to CG while getting maybe back few materials.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This is EA's response to this "cheating" behaviour - which is summarized as - we'll figure out a way to stop this in future events, but as for this current event people can continue to cheat away.

Also there is a refresh exploit in the game that will not be fixed either - if people haven't seen EA's post about this click the link below, as these unplanned refreshes will also not be fixed until the next tournament is running, so if you want any extra cracks and stay on top of your rank - pay attention to your refresh time zones stated in the following link - DO NOT TRUST THE IN-GAME REFRESH TIME!!!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70208/pvp-tournament-some-updates#latest

Also I am upset that I started a Tournament discussion under Events/Feedback - my discussion was moved into the mega thread.

What is the point of providing any feedback if EA does not fix the issues and sweeps all related discussion under the umbrella of one mega thread where valid points and issues are lost amidst the many many player posts???
  • Options
    I do like the idea of the event. It s different from arena. It s fresh. And rewards are great. Some tend to forget that. Even as f2p you can get a decent reward.

I personally dont care about the gap between f2p and p2p. Both in arena as in the event your direct competition is the people with similar toons. So what if you r not competing for #1.

I did pay a fair amount (below 1.000, but still crazy for a mobile game), but stopped paying except for the occasional 20 eur. People willing to keep spending have my utmost respect, they keep this game free for freeloaders like me.
  • Nynja
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think as a good faith to their customers EA should own up to this and give everyone the Shoretrooper. Even if they did this we would still have to play future tournaments to collect shards to level him up.

+1

Might be wishful thinking, but the Shore Trooper is really all I care about getting for this tournament...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

A free toon would be nice - especially as this cheating going on isn't going to get fixed - fix it by releasing a new playable toon to all. EA learn from its mistakes and do better next time, and no one cheating gets an advantage.

However, all I want are more furnaces! lol

• Options
    Boo wrote: »

A free toon would be nice - especially as this cheating going on isn't going to get fixed - fix it by releasing a new playable toon to all. EA learn from its mistakes and do better next time, and no one cheating gets an advantage.

A free toon? Hahaha what game are you playing?
  • Robhar3187
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Refreshing characters when it's not time to...
    Refreshes not occurring when they are supposed to...
    Painfully obvious exploit somehow gets past playtesting...
    No ramifications for the people cheating/exploiting in this event...

This whole thing is a joke
  • Options

I just got a four star IGD in a bronze pull. Free toons happen all the time.
  • Options
    I do like the idea of the event. It s different from arena. It s fresh. And rewards are great. Some tend to forget that. Even as f2p you can get a decent reward.

I personally dont care about the gap between f2p and p2p. Both in arena as in the event your direct competition is the people with similar toons. So what if you r not competing for #1.

I did pay a fair amount (below 1.000, but still crazy for a mobile game), but stopped paying except for the occasional 20 eur. People willing to keep spending have my utmost respect, they keep this game free for freeloaders like me.

I sincerely thank them for their kind contribution as well....
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    free tie fighter? id like that
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    free tie fighter? id like that

I second this. He seems pretty darn good.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Imbicatus wrote: »

I just got a four star IGD in a bronze pull. Free toons happen all the time.
    You are funny
  • Ace97302
    182 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    EA should have halted the tournament the moment all these problems became apparent, refunded all crystals spent on refreshes, and given everyone some moderate tier reward (e.g., the reward for 26-100).

Short of that, they should just punish the exploiters (or at least those who continue to exploit after EA_Jesse's post saying it's against the spirit of the game), but it appears they can't or won't.

So now they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they scrap the tournament many players -- including many who haven't cheated -- will be angry because of all the time they spent on it over the past 24+ hours even if they were able to refund crystals spent on refreshes (not clear they can). If they let the tournament continue as is they'll be allowing the cheaters to get a big unearned leg up on everyone else. And if they give everyone ShoreTrooper they'll again be punishing people who acquired him legitimately (in effect rendering the time and money they invested to get him wasted since he became free).

I will be interested to see what they do. I don't see a great solution here. Some group of legit players will lose no matter what.

It will also be interesting to see what EA does to fix this next time. It shouldn't be hard (e.g., you can't change defense squads). I hope their "fix" isn't easy to exploit just like the anti-guild hopping fix.
  • Options
    Probably a week of the silent treatment while they wait for the fallout to blow over.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Ace97302 wrote: »
    EA should have halted the tournament the moment all these problems became apparent, refunded all crystals spent on refreshes, and given everyone some moderate tier reward (e.g., the reward for 26-100).

Short of that, they should just punish the exploiters (or at least those who continue to exploit after EA_Jesse's post saying it's against the spirit of the game), but it appears they can't or won't.

So now they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they scrap the tournament many players -- including many who haven't cheated -- will be angry because of all the time they spent on it over the past 24+ hours even if they were able to refund crystals spent on refreshes (not clear they can). If they let the tournament continue as is they'll be allowing the cheaters to get a big unearned leg up on everyone else. And if they give everyone ShoreTrooper they'll again be punishing people who acquired him legitimately (in effect rendering the time and money they invested to get him wasted since he became free).

I will be interested to see what they do.

There are so many guilds pairing up on their servers that it's impossible to do anything against them. It's just a problem of very poor game design.
  • Options
    Probably a week of the silent treatment while they wait for the fallout to blow over.

+1m
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Ace97302 wrote: »

I will be interested to see what they do. I don't see a great solution here. Some group of legit players will lose no matter what.

It will also be interesting to see what EA does to fix this next time. It shouldn't be hard (e.g., you can't change defense squads). I hope their "fix" isn't easy to exploit just like the anti-guild hopping fix.

This sums it up nicely.

What I want to know is how collusion in this was different as far as "the spirit of the game" than guild hopping and alt farming. They're upset that people are colluding for a new character while making a boatload of cash from crystals, yet guild hopping was just fine and allowed people to max raid gear on rosters, get more coins, farm JE / Dengar faster and get Han Solo and basically screwed over guilds that had integrity.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    This tournament is just an auction. Winner goes to the highest bidder, or cheater

First off, I'm not getting any help from anyone or thing, other than my deep wallet.

Second, I'm gonna have to disagree with calling folks "cheaters" who are taking advantage of the defense change ability. They aren't cheating. It's not even an "exploit". They are clearly working within the system EA designed.

As much as y'all hate it, y'all just need to get over the fact that whales rule this game, and EA caters to us. So I applaud those looking for ways to counteract my ability at creating hundred dollar bills out of my ****.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Simple solution to exploiters is to spend more to keep up or join them. Only one person per shard is getting a 7 star toon so it's hardly a massive deal for me if i get another toon to leave ungeared/levelled or not. I know it will take longer to get this guy than it did han solo... N/m. Exploits ftw!