GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Heads up. I had read that someone was level 70 and did not finish GW.

I am level 69 (800 exp from level 70) and today's GW was nearly impossible. I have every toon except 2 unlocked. I was normally able to clear GW with my team of Bariss, Lumi, JC, FOTP, and Rey. Today I had to use 4-5 suicide teams (with good strength) to clear GW. These were near max characters like Sid, QGJ, Poe, Phasma, Kylo Ren, etc.

Be sure to prepare powerful B, C, & D teams for the upper level GW.

I honestly feel like something was changed in the last 3-4 days, its never been this bad. I'm already down 2 suicide teams and I am only half way done.
  • Options
    I think I have seen a post on this before but...

I recently became lv 59 and now halfway to 60. Before today's galactic war, most of them were pretty easy with me only losing a couple characters at most per GW. Today I am getting teams with 7* characters and lv 64+. I was able to make it to round 9, but not able to complete it due to the lack of characters/the obvious power lv/ * difference.

I am just wondering if anyone else noticed this jump in difficulty and if it ever gets any better.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

Unless you pay. Which is what the greedy bleeps want

Sad you have to think that way. poor soul.

Be positive..

Its EA. They don't care about gamers. Only $

So EA is staffed by Toydarians?
  • Options
    Interesting I had same experience today, at node 9. I got L63 team, and I'm L57. No issue prior to today.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    I've heard people claim the difficulty ramps at 58, 58, 60, 61. 62 and 63, but I just hit 63 and I've got 30 GW wins (almost all in a row). I'm not bragging, I'm just illustrating that matchmaking takes more than level into account. My team isn't anything special and I'm not some uber-gamer or anything. I didn't even start using crystals for energy refills until a couple days ago.

My guess is that your team composition plays some major role and at some point people change how they build their teams and/or get to some arena ranking and end up getting paired with a group that's playing at a much higher level than they're used to. I have a hard time thinking I've been lucky the last 360 match ups in a row, but I do know that I have an easy time beating people with a similar power and rank as me in arena.

So my theory is that because my rank is probably low compared to my team and skill (but not power) I have an easier time with GW. My main toons are all ~5 levels below my level, too, if that maters.

I don't think previous GW performance matters in the least. Otherwise my GW would be impossible and people who are approaching 60 and can't beat it would be getting easy matchups.

How hard the teams are that I fight seems to be gradually getting harder based on me improving my main characters, but doesn't get harder if I spend a few days farming someone new. My level also seems to matter since I have to level my characters up every once in a while to stay competitive in GW even if my arena rank doesn't change. That's a very wild guess that wreaks of conformation bias, but I figured I'd share what I've observed.
  • Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »
    There are certain units that do very well in GW. They tend to have short cool-downs, solid damage output, and leader abilities that tend to focus on survivability (Barriss, Lumi for example).

Your objective should be to take out the biggest damage-dealing threats first while leaving the tankiest/lowest threatening for to buy yourself time to heal up and slow-kill with basic attacks to get off cool-downs for the next fight.

In your process of gearing up, did you happen to level up a good bit? Since I've found that holding back on leveling while going for maximum gear possibilities for all GW-fielded toons for their current levels usually gave me an advantage, honestly. That, and of course, leveling up/gearing up after I've restarted and completed the first GW battle of the day.

Also, you might be falling in the category of "account 2" that I mentioned. After 3-4 consecutive completions, it usually fails once or twice consecutively before it's easy again.

This sounds pretty accurate although it has been awhile since I didn't finish a GW before this week so that could be a contributing factor.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    For me the hardest nodes are usually 8-11, more often 9-10. I am level 62. I didn't notice any particular jump, excluding today, where at the 9th node i face an offensive team of level 63s, in all purple gear.

Those **** had Geonosian Soldier, Rey, Sidious, Luminara and Jedi Consular. I had to use a sacrifical team that managed to absorb the force push specials of luminara and consular, but not sidious aoe or geonosian or rey nukes.
    Then I had to re-start a few times, until my dooku and daka both stunned on first round on rey and geonosian soldier.
    Then I struggled in the next fight too, where I entered with both luminara and daka heal with +3 rounds to cooldown.

The thing about Galactic War is that offensive/ burst damage teams are much harder to handle than defensive teams, even if in theory they have the same power rank. It's not easy to balance.

Unlike in arena, you do not have the luxury of sacrificing heroes from your main squad.
    So fighting a defensive team, you can take your time, pick off the threats, and then use the remaining meatbags (chewbacca, barriss, etc) to heal yourself to full and go into the next fight with your cooldowns reset.

Fighting an offensive high level team is a nightmare, you need perfect procs of stuns/ criticals in the first rounds, and you do not get the necessary time to refresh your heals for the next fight.

I curse every time i see a team with single target cannons (rey, geonosian, FOTP, etc) or a team of dot + heal immunity (sidious, vader, kylo ren, dooku - 3 dot characters, 2 counter characters, 2 heal immunity characters and a stun).
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Comp (been able to clear every war since the change).
    I have only 7 characters at 62, that i use. Most are purple, except luke and talia, missing 1 slot.
    Luminara leader, Sidious, Daka, Dooku, Luke - main squad, not very cd dependant.

Talia -> Replaces Luke when i need a 3rd healer (others on cd or vs aoe comps)

Phasma -> Replaces luke and becomes leader when i need the extra kick and/ or debuff (against full squishy cannons, like rey, FOTP, geo soldier) Phasma is too cd dependant for my taste, shes not useful when she starts a fight without specials.

Then I have Poe and Chew at 54, with 3 stars and tier V equipment. They lead my 2 suicide squads.
    And Jawa, Consular, FOTP, Snowtrooper, FO Trooper, Royal Guard, Ewok scout and Clone trooper 25-50. They are all worthless, but the tanks survive the first attack.
    Soon i will need to upgrade them, just so they last long enough to bait special abilities more reliably. For now, they have been able to do their job. On a good day, i can do the 12 fights, with only my magnificent seven.
  • Options
    The "procs" are not random at all.. i can restart as many times as i want but the results are always the same. Exampe, sidious does his aoe, the damages are always the same, even who gets dotted. Debuffs, if it doesnt proc the first time, it'll never proc on the next however many attempts. Its almost like there is only one result no matter the amount of attempts
  • Options
    There is an RNG seed that is created in a galactic war match. This means once the RNG is rolled, it locks in assuming everything stays the same. If you change your lineup or change anything at all about the fight, the RNG will start re-rolling again
  • Options
    My GW is 65+ from like node 6 on. The last four are almost always 6/7* and purple gear. The difficulty isn't in their levels or gear but the individual synergy. Facing a ton of assists with a leia/FOTP/etc is always harder for me, but I've still cleared every day since the switch. Only have a couple of 7* and several more 6/5 stars.

About 2, maybe 3 out of 5 days I have to use a suicide squad.
  • Options
    Yeah I noticed that, thats why i rotate low levels to reroll that RNG. Still, there shouldnt be an RNG "seed" to begin with..
  • Options
    Okay, well just with all these GW threads going around, and being on multiple sides, im gonna write all of this out while im not feeling good and lying down anyway. I just want everyone to stop fighting and grinding with each other

There are three types of people when it comes to these threads that you need to identify so that you know whether to say that thing u were thinking. Your comment could be nice or set someone off. Ive seen a few people get ticked off real easily and we all know those threads that have been shut down. Without further or do, there are 3 people u see on the GW threads. Under each name are nick names commomly given to these people and if we all wanna be civilized we should really refrain from using those nicknames.

The Radical: Someone who is telling of a bad experience and may suggest a change in the game
    Names we should not use: Whiners, Complainers, ****, Stupid, Not Good

The Winner: A peacful player, can win with a team thats not totally P2W, neutral position but would rather not see a change. Often doesnt experience the worst in GW.
    Names we shouldnt use: lukcy, p2w, money spender

The Bragger: these are the total p2w that win GW every day, and instead of supplying helpful words (face it there are no tips that people dont know at this point), they just brag. They show off their great P2W team of Bariss and dooku and kylo and Rey, ect. They are really there to make sure the radicals dont get their way and show the "winners" whose boss.
    Names we shouldnt use: braggers, p2w, money spenders, losers in life

I would just like to say, i have taken multiple sides on the threads, but i would identify as a radical, seeing how there are things that can be fixed IMO

Lets make sure we are all on the same page. We can all agree that

-Seeing a high level Dooku in multiple fights can be frustrating

-at level 60 GW does get harder

-If you dont have Bariss you are at a severe disadvantage

-there is no "strategy". It is common sense of what to do in GW at this point. Everyone uses suicide squads, and one main team with healers and tanks, with sid

-kylo is better as an AI than he is on your team

-Vs a higher level team does seem kinda unfair

-There are some battles that even at full health, youre squad cannot all survive

-there shouldnt be a preset RNG, it should randomize

Now, some things that we can put down as rumors or not true:

-opponents are based on Arena rank

-GW tries to stop F2P players

-your GW technique can be improved

Lets cover the main point though, there is NO STRATEGY IN GW. Like i said above, we all know how to play and how to use suicide squads and the retreat button. There really is no strategy come to think of it. You just hope u can fight a reasonable team and that the preset RNG goes in your favor. Thats it. Thats the only tip.
    Can you improve your GW playstyle? No. You can only make ur core team better. Level up your healers. Get more health. Better your attack. Just all the basics

There is no good or bad at this game. Ive seen so much of "This game is too easy for me" or "ur just not good at this game"
    Listen: everything in this game is LUCK. Dodging, crit, stuns, its all luck. No one is bad because they lose GW every day. no one is good because they can slide right through with Bariss, JC, and Lumi.
    Unless you attack Chewbacca first or farm ugnaught, you arent bad at the game.
    Unless you need athletic ability to command your team, there is no being good either

Some people think of themselves as Strategy Gods for being able to finish top 10 and always winning GW, and sorry if i offend anyone, but if u were, you wouldnt be playing a game of pay to win RNG. Its casual.

So why do we cry out for change? Because the game might need it.

To wrap it all up, there are obviously a ton of threads either saying GW needs a fix or is too easy. Lets all remember that there are tons of bugs and balance issues, as any game would have.

We all need to realize that there are balancing issues, and that it is ok if someone says NERF, its just their opinion

We also need to all realize that just because you lose one arena fight to, say poggle as the MVP, or you get stopped on the 10th fight of GW, you cant just call for change immediatley. U need to have many instances.

Lets all respect each others opinion on these forums and go by one of the golden rules that has been amoung humans throughout time

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING

If someone says: "nerf boba", then dont lash out at them

If someone says "you just stink" dont get into ww3 with them

Just everyone try not to stir up conflict in every thread. Just read it, have your opinion, and if you support it, then comment, but if not, then dont say anything
  • Options
    Bariss, Dooku, Kylo and Rey aren't P2W.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I've never used a suicide squad. I use the same five toons for the first half (Sid, Kylo, Lumi, Ventriss, Maul) then I rotate in either JC or Poe sometimes during last battles as needed.

That's it.

I've been lucky lately; however, I have seen some pretty insane spikes (like teams 10 levels higher with almost max stars) before.

I see the issue more about the complete randomness of encounters (with a slight attempt at keeping it easier earlier than later). Needs a little more balancing on how teams are selected probably.

My guess is that more people than many here think are clearing it each day; however, so CG/EA may not be so inclined to mess with it.
  • Options
    There are way more view points than 3...
  • Options
    Or you could just choose a different course of action.
  • Options
    Where is the full f2p player who always wins?? Do you think we don't exist?
  • Options

No ur in the winner category
  • Options
    Bariss, Dooku, Kylo and Rey aren't P2W.

Yes they are because people by a ton of crystals to buy a ton of energy to shard farm. Just because they have farmable locations doesnt mean theyre f2p. Yes u can obtain them if ur f2p, but not as fast as people who have loads of crystals and people who bought the $100 force awakens pack
  • Options

Im a f2p player as well and I beat GW everyday
    I haven't spent a single penny on the game
    We exist!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I used to be a winner but I struggle now. Is it possible that I was moved from the top of a lower bracket to the bottom of a higher one? If so, smoother scaling of the difficulty might be the answer we are all looking for...
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    My GW is 65+ from like node 6 on. The last four are almost always 6/7* and purple gear. The difficulty isn't in their levels or gear but the individual synergy. Facing a ton of assists with a leia/FOTP/etc is always harder for me, but I've still cleared every day since the switch. Only have a couple of 7* and several more 6/5 stars.

About 2, maybe 3 out of 5 days I have to use a suicide squad.

Hooray for you. still haven't finisheddd one
  • Options
    -kylo is better as an AI than he is on your team

-there shouldnt be a preset RNG, it should randomize
    Disagree on those two points. A lowly developed AI Kylo is very weak, just like your own is/was, and vice versa. As long as they don't improve on the retreat mechanism it would be maddening to have completely random RNG.

Also, you didn't specify nicknames for yourself we aren't allowed to use. :/

@cosmicturtle333 Bariss is P2W for most of us in the sense that she was in the infamous $99 pack. Technically my Dooku is P2W too since I paid $4,99 for him, LOL.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, hold on a minute. Is this discussion seriously still a thing? Are we still discussing this?
  • Options
    I do disagree with quite few things.

at level 60 GW does get harder - didnt personally noticed that.

If you dont have Bariss you are at a severe disadvantage - I dont have Barris and its only bonus, dont even farm her anymore.

there is no "strategy". It is common sense of what to do in GW at this point. Everyone uses suicide squads, and one main team with healers and tanks, with sid. - As many other games - the same can be said about poker and chess and yet there are still same people on top.

kylo is better as an AI than he is on your team - dont have kylo, however other toons seem equal.

Now, some things that we can put down as rumors or not true:

-opponents are based on Arena - rank i do actually believe that: every time i jumped a tier in arena it got harder

-your GW technique can be improved - Everything can be improved, as long as you realize that your technique is not perfect, you can improve

"Lets cover the main point though, there is NO STRATEGY IN GW. Like i said above, we all know how to play and how to use suicide squads and the retreat button. There really is no strategy come to think of it. You just hope u can fight a reasonable team and that the preset RNG goes in your favor. Thats it. Thats the only tip.
    Can you improve your GW playstyle? No. You can only make ur core team better. Level up your healers. Get more health. Better your attack. Just all the basics

There is no good or bad at this game. Ive seen so much of "This game is too easy for me" or "ur just not good at this game"
    Listen: everything in this game is LUCK. Dodging, crit, stuns, its all luck. No one is bad because they lose GW every day. no one is good because they can slide right through with Bariss, JC, and Lumi."

Again poker analogy.

"Lets all respect each others opinion on these forums and go by one of the golden rules that has been amoung humans throughout time

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING

Just everyone try not to stir up conflict in every thread. Just read it, have your opinion, and if you support it, then comment, but if not, then dont say anything"

I love that one :) (thats something nice) Lets respect each other opinion but if you disagree with me... then remain silent. :):). That indeed seems so Humans like.

• Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Wait, hold on a minute. Is this discussion seriously still a thing? Are we still discussing this?

Yeah weve been discussing it for the past 2 weeks where have u been
  • Options
    Malpka wrote: »
    I love that one :) (thats something nice) Lets respect each other opinion but if you disagree with me... then remain silent. :):). That indeed seems so Humans like.

I dont know if thats sarcastic or not but just in case it is i dont want someone on the forums saying " i cant beat dooku" and someone else saying "u weak sack of #####"
  • Options
    I've got basically every toon you could want so don't intend to go through my available toons just want opinions on what is the best arena team (f2p or p2p) and best galactic war team (A team B teams?)
    Really interesting in what you run and how it works out for you so let me know
  • Options
    Phasma lead
    Lumi
    Jc
    Sid
    1 other of your choice, preferably a high dps ( i use a 4 star rey)

Ive completed GWs every day with those 5. Only had to throw in a suicide squad 2 or 3 times so far. Phasmas lead helps on giving a chance to lower healing cds for lumi and jc.

Jcs basic has a chance to reduce his cd by 1. If his heal is on cd, just spam his basic. Dont heal at the end of a fight unless lumis heal is ready or you absolutely have to... which your probably better off just to retreat and try again if its the later.

Sidious, i also suggest on putting him higher up on tje priority list. As his healing debuff last a long time if sticks. With 2 healers, its easier to heal around higher damage, instead of having sid debuff half your team.