Possible solution to Poe.

Replies

• Options
    The good news for me is two matches in a row (!) the other Poe went first, both times exposing 4/5 of my goons (!!) and I was still able to win. I don't really know how, lol. But it allowed me to crack top 50 for the first time:)

So I guess that tells you that you can still win if Poe goes first. Did I mention that I also have a Poe:)
  • Options
    Another whiner nothing new here. Poe isn't OP he can't make a terrible team godly. He just works really good with certain characters.
  • Options
    Just wondering if I should continue to farm Poe now that he's at 5*? I love him in my arena team but I'm curious to know if he'd be way more valuable at 6* and beyond? And also the nerfing rumours have me worried as well.

My current arena team is 7* Sid (lead), 4* Poggle, 7* Lumi, 7* Luke, 5* Poe.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I stopped at 5*s on Poe. IMO it's not worth the investment to get him much higher at this point. He does his job just fine at 5*s, it's all about the gear with Poe.
  • Options
    Jaden_Zen wrote: »
    Just wondering if I should continue to farm Poe now that he's at 5*? I love him in my arena team but I'm curious to know if he'd be way more valuable at 6* and beyond? And also the nerfing rumours have me worried as well.

Poe gets more hp, damage and critical at level 6. In some arenas, there can make a lot of difference in win or lose situation.
  • Options
    Against a Cadillac Poe team with max FOTP, QGJ, etc. the extra stars won't matter after 5* - they'll burn him down no matter how beefy you get him. If there's a lot of whales around you, worry about getting more DPS in your line up and come back to him later when it makes sense, IMO.

But on my server I'm running a f2p squad (Sid/GS/Lumi/Poggle/Poe) against mostly other f2p's and the extra health is a big difference maker for a stable win rate. So much so that I'm finishing off his 7th (55/100 right now) star before starting on QGJ.
  • Options
    Against a Cadillac Poe team with max FOTP, QGJ, etc. the extra stars won't matter after 5* - they'll burn him down no matter how beefy you get him. If there's a lot of whales around you, worry about getting more DPS in your line up and come back to him later when it makes sense, IMO.

But on my server I'm running a f2p squad (Sid/GS/Lumi/Poggle/Poe) against mostly other f2p's and the extra health is a big difference maker for a stable win rate. So much so that I'm finishing off his 7th (55/100 right now) star before starting on QGJ.
    My server is fairly easy outside of Top 5 at the moment. I could snatch the rank 3 position before reward time when I'm lucky sometimes. I'm having quite a similar build as yours atm actually, just that I'm still in the process of starring up Geo. I'm a bit regret to max Luke before Geo as Poggle synergises way better with Geo. :(

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Poe gets more hp, damage and critical at level 6. In some arenas, there can make a lot of difference in win or lose situation.

Poe's damage/crit means absolutely nothing. If you were worried about his damage, you wouldn't be using him. Yes more health is always a plus, especially for a tank. But according to swgohdb.com Poe gains just under 900 HP going from 5 to 6 stars at level 70. What is that, like 1/4 of a shot from GS, Luke, or any of the heavy hitters. In the current meta 900 hp means almost nothing.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »

Poe's damage/crit means absolutely nothing. If you were worried about his damage, you wouldn't be using him. Yes more health is always a plus, especially for a tank. But according to swgohdb.com Poe gains just under 900 HP going from 5 to 6 stars at level 70. What is that, like 1/4 of a shot from GS, Luke, or any of the heavy hitters. In the current meta 900 hp means almost nothing.

Who would you reckon if I'd stop farming Poe? QGJ?
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »

Who would you reckon if I'd stop farming Poe? QGJ?

Yup, that's exactly what I did.
  • Options

I'm bringing him to 6* since I'm so close. Then going for QGJ.

The way I see it, Poe sometimes makes it through a round of attackers at 5*, but sometimes dies. If he is 6*, those chances go up quite a bit, which can guarantee a PVP victory. With that said, QGJ is really amazing. I don't know which payoff will be better, but am getting Poe to 6* and will finish him after 7* QGJ
  • Options
    I appreciate someone seeing from my view. I just think poe combined with anyone would be godly. So yes he can make a terrible team godly, just lost to a team 4,000 power under mine, cuz i failed to get around his wall defend all. I level a mace to contend with this guy, and he fails everytime to take off thst taunt
  • Options
    111Nate111 wrote: »
    My answer for Poe is Cad Bane stun. I try 1st with Daka. If hers doesnt stick.. i use Banes. Seems to work pretty well.
    I feel stun gives you the upper hand and battle control. Im pretty sure the AI doesnt use it effectively though. Wish i could see my team in def action.

Good luck with that. Both characters go after Poe when his speed is maxed :)
  • Options
    This is my issue, daka I thought was the answer, leveled her hard almost 7 stars gear 7, then she fails to beat him in speed. Fine I'll level my mace seeing on how he is a tank who removes duffs, 7 starts a 8 gear levels later, I'm back at square one and don't even feel like trying anymore, so much gold, exp, and time wasted
  • Options
    I think there are game mechanics that are not in the game yet. Think shields and confuse... The limited selection of characters at moment are a pre selected bunch made for game balance and testing. When new characters are released they will change the current dynamic. Its like adding more dark side healers, that would make the solo play much easier, but they wanted it to take time and be a challenge. Shield generators, life taps, damage reflection, confusion, EMP blasts, etc... would all change pvp and the game.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Options
    such an easy fix. All they need to do is from level 70 to 80 make it to where he doesn't gain any speed.
  • JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Poe is no easy fix if you want to keep him any good,

Tenacity, heal on resist, speed, expose, -% turn meter, 2 turn taunt, offense down and good hp pool.

Han ain't even 25% of what Poe is by themselves.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

The way I see it, Poe sometimes makes it through a round of attackers at 5*, but sometimes dies. If he is 6*, those chances go up quite a bit, which can guarantee a PVP victory. With that said, QGJ is really amazing. I don't know which payoff will be better, but am getting Poe to 6* and will finish him after 7* QGJ

If you are close, by all means 6* him.
  • Options
    I was really interested in Han tank, til this , now I'm sitting on 80 poe shards(waiting to pull him) cuz if u can't beat em join em. And my fully maxed chewie looms like garbage now:(
  • Options
    Visiogoth wrote: »
    I was really interested in Han tank, til this , now I'm sitting on 80 poe shards(waiting to pull him) cuz if u can't beat em join em. And my fully maxed chewie looms like garbage now:(

Yup I tried to buck the system too. I had a 5 star Poe I never used with a chronium pull & some cantina uses. I thought / still do that Poe teams are cheap and soulless. But I now use myself for same reason as you. If I run into a cheap Poe exploit team I get destroyed by I will sub him in next battle and attack again. As others stated your Poe does not have to go 1st but you do have to have him. I've won against Poe teams but I have to get lucky with the Ability connects and stun resists. I liked being able to sub in / out heroes to use different strategies and game style. Now it's all exactly the same. You can still sub in / out whomever as long as your using Poe and cheap exploit game plan. It's just getting old and boring already playing Star Wars Galaxy of Poe.
  • Options
    As stated, i am investing in him and with all of this discussion about nerfing if they do they should add Cantina credits to those peoples accounts. Players deserve a heads up if that is really on the table.
  • Options
    People who paid money on Barriss did not get a warning, so I doubt one will be given on him.
  • Options
    I know. We should keep bringing that up too
    It is important to reiterate what is right.
  • Options
    I don't know why so many people keep asking for heads up on (whatever) from EA. You will even see " we need a heads up on bla bla otherwise I would not have used my money buying chronium" I'm sure any logical person can see the conflict of interest in that. Poe players are cheap but I myself have to be slimy and sub in Poe when I lose against a Poe exploit team. EA does not owe anything to those who invest in Poe nor any other hero they choose to edit. I understand those who complained initially about Barris after playing $100 for her but they still greatly benefited from her prior to nerf. In this case Poe forces all to use him. He will be corrected unless new Heros released make him irrelevant
  • Options
    I think they should introduce slow, high health, high damage characters that get stronger after every round of combat. They could survive a round of combat, heal up and return fire. Also, once they make old Ben ftp, he will be a really nice option for countering. Basically a high health control team would be nice if it could work.

With that said, I like Poe a lot. Tanks are generally underplayed, so it's good that they are getting some love. I think he's strong but not OP
  • Options
    I don't agree with your perspective at all there.

If I am buying a product from a company and the company is considering end-of-servicing it, the average consumer would want to know a priori.

The nerfs parallel that to me. Just saying there should be compensation if they do.
  • Options
    Poe is a free character
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    l3end3r wrote: »

If you are close, by all means 6* him.

I'll have him in 24 hours :)
  • Options
    @topic

Else rename this forum to "Poe and characters" since he makes any strategy invalid.

I really cannot understand why he's not being balanced after this long, there's no need to kill the character but he can be fixed so easily by tunning down his speed / removing the so unnecesary meter reduction or target exposing(fine that's the Poe grp/race gimmick but it's so strong it's borderline dumb).

And don't even start with the QgJ-Ben thing until both are Farmeable, and even if, that should never be necessary just to counter 1 solo character(and that's assuming it even works).

Constructive feedback only please.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Forum!

I am sorry you are having a hard time with Poe teams.

I assure you there are multiple ways to beat him. You might want to check one of the thousands of threads, some of them have suggestions on strategies.

Again, welcome to the forum.