Game update: for 2/15/2017 (Lord of Hunger) MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Sadly only available with extra unnecessary character shards

They mashed my first and only discussion I ever started to this thread in a matter of minutes. I was asking where else are kylo ren ship shards at.

I piece together that they are currently only in the kylo ren bundle and in the 2499 and 499 ship data packs, but not currently free to farm in the fleet shipments store, right?

Solely from the bundle, nothing else not the ship data packs either
  • Options
    Athusk wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    All of you calling OP already need to take a seat and get a freaking grip.

Since when in the history of this game has everything about a toon on paper translate in game.

No one even has him to see how he actually performs for goodness sakes.

People are ridiculous

Exactly why I said I want to see him in play, it looks op on paper. But I can see a ton of drawbacks that can happen like...

Nihilus having low health, speed, etc. will make him an easy target

8 CD (not sure if this will be reduced as the ability levels but,) max CD reduced off the bat would be 5, that means he will need 3 turns to use the insta-kill ability

Max cool down could be higher than 5. Some characters have more than one ability.
  • Options

Since when in the history of this game has everything about a toon on paper translate in game.

People are ridiculous

Exactly why I said I want to see him in play, it looks op on paper. But I can see a ton of drawbacks that can happen like...

8 CD (not sure if this will be reduced as the ability levels but,) max CD reduced off the bat would be 5, that means he will need 3 turns to use the insta-kill ability

It looks like per cool down not per toon.
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    60% offense and 150% health steal

holy hell this is insane

EDIT: Deathmark would be super good here. Savage works great with Nihilus on the team to prevent ability blocks with a high health pool
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Anyone tested kylo ship? Does the protection up stack from his basic?
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

People are ridiculous

Max cool down could be higher than 5. Some characters have more than one ability.
    Olddumper wrote: »

People are ridiculous

It looks like per cool down not per toon.

Good eye, Interesting... I wonder how it'll work
  • Options

People are ridiculous

He hasn't 120 speed and 24000 health. His stats are up on swgoh.gg
  • Options
    PapiBlanco wrote: »
    We've always made jokes that the power creep is so bad that eventually this game is going to turn into characters literally having the option to insta kill anybody. Who in their right mind played this game and thought "no, crazy damage isn't enough, tanks can survive that, let's create an insta kill character". With darth nihilus it's here so grab all the speed mods possible and make it a 4v5 and just hope that this game doesn't release any more insta kill attacks, then it really will be SWGoSS: Star Wars Galaxy of speed secondaries because I'm calling it right now some time late this year we will have a new too that AoE insta kills, it will be alright though because will be reletively squishy.

In HoDA we had heroes dealing 10's of millions in damage. Lol
  • Options
    What other character's can increase cooldowns? Seems like a good counter to Nihilus
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sith trooper looks pretty cool. I like his skill set. Anyone know what character they based him off of? Or it completely new?
  • Options
    I like his skill set. Anyone know what character they based him off of? Or it completely new?

SW:TOR
  • TheLegendOfKimy
    108 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    i don't think he's at all OP. Many toons can ohko on the first turn, like Wiggs. Vader can ohko on his second turn. etc

Nihilus can one hit ko in up to 8 turns (3 at best).That's weak as hell. if he's going to be "op" then it's going to depend on the rest of his kit and how well it synergizes with the other sith toons. Not on his 3-8 turn cd ohko.
  • Options
    Anyone else noticing QGJ is calling upon stunned allies to assist again? The bug is back baby
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SithTrooper-TOR.jpg
    ] Nevermind I found out where it came from. Still looks cool.
  • Options
    Anyone notice zader got fixed like zarriss got fixed but no zeta mat refund?

Interesting, thanks for waiting a month so everyone could zeta vader before he is fixed.

Awesome job everyone
  • Options
    Possible AAT Raid bug, post update. Yoda buffs against debuffs, GG still deals debuffs?
  • Options
    If per cool down increase is what it means, than Nihilus' second turn ur tank will be dead, 120 speed with 33k prot before mods, kinda op I must say, but he is quite powerful so fitting I guess.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone notice zader got fixed like zarriss got fixed but no zeta mat refund?

Interesting, thanks for waiting a month so everyone could zeta vader before he is fixed.

Awesome job everyone

Were people really putting zetas on vader because of the turn meter reduction that was obviously not WAI? Did people really think it was supposed to reduce tm from enemies with multiple tags or enemies who evaded the attack? The only unit that can manipulate tm through an evade is Five's ship, and that adds tm.
  • Options
    Do we get a 7* Nihilus after the multiple events or is it just a 3* like the Krennic events? Someone in the other thread said 7* but I didn't read that in the update.
  • Options
    Nihilus will be hard to switch to since he made critical damage mods obsolete for his team.
  • Options
    I want Kylo Ren's ship by itself. I want Kylo Ren's ship by itself. I want Kylo Ren's ship by itself.

I wouldn't mind having more FO shards as they're hard to farm. But I don't need the other stuff so still reluctant about the pack.
  • Options
    Sith trooper looks pretty cool. I like his skill set. Anyone know what character they based him off of? Or it completely new?
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_soldier
  • Options
    Love the update! Thank you Devs! I have really appreciated the changes all of you have definitely worked so hard to implement since the beginning of the year!

I'm excited for what I perceive to be a continuation in providing additional balance to the game and additional options for being successful in raids/arena/GW. I think any changes to distance the players from only being able to be successful with one to three lineups is a positive move, especially for those who have been playing longer. And, even though it's not in this post, I appreciate the explanation behind the tournaments foreseeable retirement, allowing us players to understand the ideology behind structures and implementations of the game.

My only complaints are that I will miss the idea of having a potential use for ally points, and that the enraged raid units kill any chance for healing or regenerating protection, but cest la vie! :)

Any chance you might want to start a rotation of hard-node-only characters into those vacant GW ally point rewards slots, say like FO Stormtrooper or FO Tie Pilot??? ;)
  • Options
    @niko2018 it is per cooldown increased by his move force drain, but I don't think he can increase moves off cooldown or beyond a moves cooldown max, so he would need to wait at least a turn to use it effectively. His omega basic also reduces CD of his ohko, and I would bet that his basic will be more effective than his force drain.
  • Options
    Kevez wrote: »
    @niko2018 it is per cooldown increased by his move force drain, but I don't think he can increase moves off cooldown or beyond a moves cooldown max, so he would need to wait at least a turn to use it effectively. His omega basic also reduces CD of his ohko, and I would bet that his basic will be more effective than his force drain.

Humm, I see. Was Death Trooper's cool down increase also like that? Wonder how AI will handle it
  • Options
    @niko2018 I have been made aware that DT's grenade DOES in fact put a move that is off cooldown to 1. I am now looking for clarification if it can also put a just-used ability above its max cooldown. If it CAN put a just used 3 turn CD ability to 4, Nihilus will be super OP. If it CAN'T and leaves the CD at 3, you can limit the effectiveness of Nihilus's attack by using as many specials as possible before force drain.
  • Options
    Good news for whales
  • Options
    Okay can we talk about zNihilus-led zDooku though? 150% health steal + the equivalent of 10% protection to health every time he gets attacked.... if you can't one-shot this guy he'll never die
  • Options
    Darthxopia wrote: »
    Good news for whales

It makes me wonder how much they're going to price them. I am tempted to get Nihilus just beause of the character alone, but if it's some absurd price I won't be getting it.
  • Options
    I don't know if he will be great. I think for Sith EP or Maul will still be the best leaders