Nerf Darth Maul's Zeta Now

Replies

• ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Options
    Byakuya wrote: »
    Omg wow i thought mauls leader was 50% evasion (never really looked at it), was starting to think it was more than 50% by my arena battles. WTAF its only 20%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a joke more like 80% ****!! Sith will literally dodge 3 shots from a wiggs combo everytime!! If your lucky you hit 1/3, 20%!!!!!!! Still makes me smh there is no way 20%!! Omg still smh 20% lol funny

Please correct mauls leader tooltip, 80% chance to dodge, thank you

You're in for some answers lol

It is 80% , a mistake by EA. My gk can send all 5 heroes hitting a sith and only one toon manages to it. :X
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Byakuya wrote: »
    Omg wow i thought mauls leader was 50% evasion (never really looked at it), was starting to think it was more than 50% by my arena battles. WTAF its only 20%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a joke more like 80% ****!! Sith will literally dodge 3 shots from a wiggs combo everytime!! If your lucky you hit 1/3, 20%!!!!!!! Still makes me smh there is no way 20%!! Omg still smh 20% lol funny

Please correct mauls leader tooltip, 80% chance to dodge, thank you

Please look up the word "literally". Thank you.

Unfortunately because of people like him literally also means "figuratively" in the dictionary now.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I run Zaul (for now). Trust me, it's not unbeatable. There are plenty of decks that beat them easily. The meta is becoming more diverse now more than it ever was. There are plenty of rock paper scissors now, which is what we asked for. There is more faction synergy, which we asked for. I cannot believe that people are whining about Sith right now when they've been irrelevant for the good part of a year and are now a viable faction in arena. Imagine going chromium up on Maul early last year and then realizing how much he actually **** (I did not, for the record). This was a premium fan favorite character that was beyond terrible. It's about time he was made relevant. Let him have his time in arena after being useless.

Oh, wait until all the 7* Chipmonks show up who can use their special to obliterate a 7* GK who still has PROTECTION. You'll love that. Wait until Phoenix comes out with their protection regen as a full squad and you time out on offense with that and Hera using her rez. I can't wait to see the crying then.

@Nikoms565, we need to stop arguing with these people. Let them stew and wallow in their own sorrows and misery.

OH, BTW, it STILL comes down to mods and rng.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I think the tears (at least mine do) come from the following timeline of events.

1. 'Select arena squad, mod them carefully'

2. Press 'fight' against a zaul lead arena opponent because that's the majority of your opponents now.

3. 'Put device down, walk away for a minute'

4. 'Come back to see who on your team is dead, which ones are stunned and or dazed and have their cooldowns increased'

5. 'Basic attack (because that's all your one, maybe two unstunned toons can do now) the enemy tank who is the only one not stealthed.

That's not fun, and it's why people cry and scream OP!!! (They cried OP at wiggs too because wiggs was a fast high damage combo that 'usually' killed someone before you had a chance to do anything)
  • Options
    In this meta, there are counters to any team. Rex beats Zaul, Zader beats Rex, Zaul beats Zader. This meta is very annoying in that regard, but there really is no op team. Chaze is probably the biggest threat in this meta as they fit in any of these teams
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    In this meta, there are counters to any team. Rex beats Zaul, Zader beats Rex, Zaul beats Zader. This meta is very annoying in that regard, but there really is no op team. Chaze is probably the biggest threat in this meta as they fit in any of these teams

Agree on Chaze. Works in virtually any squad.

B2 beats Rex too. Once that tenacity up is dispelled, his squad is poo.

• Options
    I see far more Rex led teams than Zaul in my shard, that's prob gonna become more common on other shards as well
  • Options
    These zeta maul teams are a pain. Rex lead is what helps me currently. Don't do a nerf though! I like a hard challenge
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    "There are plenty of rock paper scissors now"
    On your shard, maybe.

Wiggs happened. EP lead happened. Lots of metas happened and took over. Then things evened out. This time, there is nothing to even it out. If this is rock paper scissor, lots of shards are going to be 75% rock with no one willing to shell out for the scissors and paper and/or able to farm GK. The only thing on the horizon is Zaul and Rex/GK, as far as the eye can see.

This is actually quite a lot like the droid meta. If you wanted to beat droids, you had to buy Rex.* Now if you're lucky, you can farm GK/Rex. Or you can pull a full FO/R1/other team out of your wallet. Most people who can't get GK will follow the path of least resistance and go with Zaul. And like droids... in perhaps in a few months Zaul/Sith will be nothing but a distant memory, absolutely useless in arena. When 50% of top arena lead is Zaul, you know this entire meta is going to take a dirt nap in the not so distant future.

*Even that hardly lasted. About a month after droids became OP, they were nerfed with the armor update. And they were easily beat with a variety of free teams.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    On your shard, maybe.

Wiggs happened. EP lead happened. Lots of metas happened and took over. Then things evened out. This time, there is nothing to even it out. If this is rock paper scissor, lots of shards are going to be 75% rock with no one willing to shell out for the scissors and paper and/or able to farm GK. The only thing on the horizon is Zaul and Rex/GK, as far as the eye can see.

This is actually quite a lot like the droid meta. If you wanted to beat droids, you had to buy Rex.* Now if you're lucky, you can farm GK/Rex. Or you can pull a full FO/R1/other team out of your wallet. Most people who can't get GK will follow the path of least resistance and go with Zaul. And like droids... in perhaps in a few months Zaul/Sith will be nothing but a distant memory, absolutely useless in arena. When 50% of top arena lead is Zaul, you know this entire meta is going to take a dirt nap in the not so distant future.

*Even that hardly lasted. About a month after droids became OP, they were nerfed with the armor update. And they were easily beat with a variety of free teams.

Why can only the "lucky" farm Rex? and why would people have to "pull R1 out of their wallet"? All of those toons are easily farmable. Much more than GK. Sure Baze is a bit of a challenge but he's viable at low rarity.
  • Geonosian_Spy
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    On your shard, maybe.

I am a zMaul user, top 3-5 on my shard but fading, so I get both ends of the sword here. I think we've entered a period in Arena now that's just... I dunno, not very enjoyable (then again, which meta was by that definition?) But you know what's more frustrating than the demon spawn of the dodge/evasion meta zM? The triple-cleanse, which, is like challenging the guy up the street to a bare knuckles MMA brawl then showing up wearing a beekeeper suit over top of hockey goalie gear with football equipment on top. Sure, call it a counter, a necessity, what have you, but IMO it's not strategic, it's just lame. I've got GK but haven't bothered gearing him up yet because of how onerous that will be and I don't believe that with my current configuration he is any answer that will get me out of Palookaville and back to getting 500 Crystals daily.

I guess the sad reality of this game sometimes is, if you want to remain at the top of your shard, you're obligated to farm toons you don't necessarily like or want. e.g., I know B2 is effective but do I really want to hear "pew pew pew" 5 battles a day? Not particularly. And I really don't have it in me to farm the other 2/3rds of the triple-cleansers along with Rex... by the time I reached that point, I'll have become the snake that ate itself and back to the position I am in currently, in all likelihood.
    Post edited by Geonosian_Spy on
  • Options
    Seriously.

First order says hi.

Little element of RNG against zaul, but Rex teams are like a free lunch... Jedi also.

Defense is another story, but that goes for everyone
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options

Why can only the "lucky" farm Rex?

I said "lucky enough to be able to farm Rex and GK." Not everyone has the time to dedicate to get GK. Rex aint' no use without GK.

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Zaul is the best arena leader. Any othe lead wins on offense because AI is dumb as hell.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    These zeta maul teams are a pain. Rex lead is what helps me currently. Don't do a nerf though! I like a hard challenge
    As of now.You are one of my favorite persons on the forums
    On your shard, maybe.

Lol i started farming rex the moment he was in fleet,and i had him 7* about a month or two later,so i didnt have to be "lucky" also you dont need to "pull fo out of your wallet" all 5 were always completely f2p,no need to spend,also r1 is now farmable,and none of the spots are hard farms(excpet baze,he is a tricky farm,but easily achievable theough shipments)
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ^ @Bt_7274 If you wanted to have a competitive team against Zaul, by now, you would have had to get GK OR you would have had to pay a lot.

If you have GK and Rex, you are gold. I wish more people had that combo on my arena. There are some but not that many. As it is, I imagine there are probably more realistic counters to Rex lead and GK than for the uber Zaul leads. Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno what happens when you get the complete meta Rex team. I guess it's rex, chaze, gk and someone else. I forget. Zylo?

Of course there are also those 30 guys out there that have farmed first order for the last 6 months for free. (yeah right).
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    ^ @Bt_7274 If you wanted to have a competitive team against Zaul, you would have had to get GK OR you would have had to pay a lot.

If you have GK and Rex, you are gold. I wish more people had that combo on my arena. There are some but not that many. As it is, there are probably more realistic counters to Rex lead and GK than for the uber Zaul leads.
    @LastJedi i have teams on my arena(jan 2016),that lead rex and no gk,and take no 1,also some inteesring combos!did you know rex,palp,tfp,shore and boba can beat zaul?my shard used to be zaul but after warrior from team instinct put his r1 team(hes running zaul now tho :neutral: ) vanished super fast,no my shard is evolving into a shard with less zaul and more new teams,and that how i like the game
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ^ @Bt_7274 If you wanted to have a competitive team against Zaul, by now, you would have had to get GK OR you would have had to pay a lot.

If you have GK and Rex, you are gold. I wish more people had that combo on my arena. There are some but not that many. As it is, I imagine there are probably more realistic counters to Rex lead and GK than for the uber Zaul leads. Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno what happens when you get the complete meta Rex team. I guess it's rex, chaze, gk and someone else. I forget. Zylo?

Of course there are also those 30 guys out there that have farmed first order for the last 6 months for free. (yeah right).

https://swgoh.gg/u/shaunyveeggpoopoo/

Never spent a cent. Refuse to chase meta.

In fact I got REALLY angry when my zeta resistance team was worthless against zaul. So switched to FO
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/shaunyveeggpoopoo/

Never spent a cent. Refuse to chase meta.

In fact I got REALLY angry when my zeta resistance team was worthless against zaul. So switched to FO
    Proof that you dont need to "pull fo out of your wallet"
  • Options
    They should ban nerf threads, I'm really fed up at reading "nerf this, nerf that, nerf CUP, nerf Rey" threads.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I run Zaul (for now). Trust me, it's not unbeatable. There are plenty of decks that beat them easily. The meta is becoming more diverse now more than it ever was. There are plenty of rock paper scissors now, which is what we asked for. There is more faction synergy, which we asked for. I cannot believe that people are whining about Sith right now when they've been irrelevant for the good part of a year and are now a viable faction in arena. Imagine going chromium up on Maul early last year and then realizing how much he actually **** (I did not, for the record). This was a premium fan favorite character that was beyond terrible. It's about time he was made relevant. Let him have his time in arena after being useless.

Oh, wait until all the 7* Chipmonks show up who can use their special to obliterate a 7* GK who still has PROTECTION. You'll love that. Wait until Phoenix comes out with their protection regen as a full squad and you time out on offense with that and Hera using her rez. I can't wait to see the crying then.

@Nikoms565, we need to stop arguing with these people. Let them stew and wallow in their own sorrows and misery.

This. Additionally, throw some accuracy mods on one or two toons and watch them show maul he is who they thought he was.

Oh, and I don't know about anyone else, but B2 takes all the fun out of Rex's squad discipline.

• Options
    Honestly the nerf of some people...
  • Options
    Yeah also i found out that cassian with accuracy mods is great
  • Options
    Instead of nerfing toons, nerf OP
  • Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    ^ @Bt_7274 If you wanted to have a competitive team against Zaul, you would have had to get GK OR you would have had to pay a lot.

If you have GK and Rex, you are gold. I wish more people had that combo on my arena. There are some but not that many. As it is, there are probably more realistic counters to Rex lead and GK than for the uber Zaul leads.
    @LastJedi i have teams on my arena(jan 2016),that lead rex and no gk,and take no 1,also some inteesring combos!did you know rex,palp,tfp,shore and boba can beat zaul?my shard used to be zaul but after warrior from team instinct put his r1 team(hes running zaul now tho :neutral: ) vanished super fast,no my shard is evolving into a shard with less zaul and more new teams,and that how i like the game

My top 20 is probably 2/3 Zaul teams. I generally finish top 5 (when I can get in my fights before payout) with exactly that team: https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/
  • Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »

My top 20 is probably 2/3 Zaul teams. I generally finish top 5 (when I can get in my fights before payout) with exactly that team: https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/

Another example zaul is nowhere near op,you got the definition of op wrong,op means a toon that will make a team with normal toons into a super dominating team,zaul needs a good team built aroung it
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

@pac0naut This is true...

giphy.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    haha ... i love this scene ...

Episode IV: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
    vs. Epidoe VII: "I used to wonder about that myself. Thought it was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. A magical power holding together good and evil, the dark side and the light. Crazy thing is... it's true. The Force. The Jedi... All of it... It's all true."
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I admit it. When fleet started, I farmed sun fac instead of rex. Yeah that was dumb. If rex is ever going to stop being top tier, it will probably happen right about when I get mine to gear 9.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I admit it. When fleet started, I farmed sun fac instead of rex. Yeah that was dumb. If rex is ever going to stop being top tier, it will probably happen right about when I get mine to gear 9.
    Finally!you admit it was your own mistake