Nerf Darth Maul's Zeta Now

Prev13456789
I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

Replies

• Options
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

Pokémon Go has made me rage quit and throw my phone due to how stupid it is! But not SWGOH. ZMaul is the best!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead works as a counter. Rex leads are actually replacing Zauls in the top 20 on my shard now. Not sure on the mechanics of it though, I don't run it myself. Anybody running it or know the mechanics care shed some light?
  • Options
    With the right team it certainly can be beaten. I would agree however that it has become the "new team" to severely limit the viability of most other teams. If you run your own maul, you can beat it. If you run your own rex, you can beat it. Most anything else is going to have a bad time and isn't worth the daily uphill struggle.

Get your own Maul/sith squad up to match them or run something like:

Rex, kylo, palp, boba, baze or Rex, kylo, palp, nihilus, kenobi and youll breeze right on by maul teams.
  • Options
    Rybodean wrote: »

Sorry u had to meet my arena team like that. The dooku meta (dodge) is back combined with the old Ben meta (more dodge and TM gain too!!!).

Two of the most hated metas combined into one... the all mighty Better farm Zaul.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Last week, the top of my arena was mostly Maul. Like, seriously... 7 or 8 in the top 10. Right now? There are 2 in the top 20, and only 8 in the top 50. Maul can be beat.

Hint: I'm currently sitting in first place with a clone leader who's name rhymes with Tex.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Last week, the top of my arena was mostly Maul. Like, seriously... 7 or 8 in the top 10. Right now? There are 2 in the top 20, and only 8 in the top 50. Maul can be beat.

Hint: I'm currently sitting in first place with a clone leader who's name rhymes with Tex.

That's great. Less Zaul more Rex on my shard as well. Can you tell the OP how it works though?
  • Options
    I must be having a way different experience. My maul and sith don't dodge for crap. I have a pretty diverse shard. Best team on it is a GK lead with thr rest a mix of zaul, zader, DN, rex, and a wedge or 2.
  • Options
    "I can't beat it therefore nerf it"
    always good logic.

Rex is your friend OP
  • Bigslow
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Maul being viable is great, I'm just sick of the return of the dodge meta.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    How long before we start seeing the nerf Rex posts? hang on if Maul is OP and Rex can beat him, what does that make Rex then???
    On my server there are 8 Rex teams in top 10. I'm generally 3 or 4 with Maul. So if you were to be on my shard, that would make Rex the meta.
    Anyways if the OP has been playing for a long time then surely he knows the value of Rex as a counter.
  • Options
    Love how everyone brings up rex as a counter and that makes maul not op. Having only one counter means it is still insanely op.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Love how everyone brings up rex as a counter and that makes maul not op. Having only one counter means it is still insanely op.

If you have a counter, you're not OP. That term gets thrown around way too much. When we actually do have an OP meta, we won't be able to say OP, because you could be talking OP like Chaze or Zaul.
  • Options
    War wrote: »

If you have a counter, you're not OP. That term gets thrown around way too much. When we actually do have an OP meta, we won't be able to say OP, because you could be talking OP like Chaze or Zaul.

One counter does mean its op. If your forced to run a particular thing just to counter it its op. This is a simple concept in balance in game design...
  • Options
    HINT: GET MAUL ZETA LEAD YOURSELF!

1. u get sidious doku vader eventually and a shoretrooper or B2 and you go top 50 in PVP
    2. 2. No need for a nerf lol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

One counter does mean its op. If your forced to run a particular thing just to counter it its op. This is a simple concept in balance in game design...

Except Rex isn't the only toon you can use to counter zMaul. Essentially any team with reliable tenacity up and/or cleanse can beat them. There's a plethora of youtube videos of people easily beating zMaul teams with Rogue One teams, Jedi teams, Nihilus teams, other zMaul teams, hybrid teams, etc.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead works as a counter. Rex leads are actually replacing Zauls in the top 20 on my shard now. Not sure on the mechanics of it though, I don't run it myself. Anybody running it or know the mechanics care shed some light?

Rex lead gives TM to everyone when crit. Sith crit a lot due to coming out of stealth with advantage.

• Options
    Other players are OP, plz nerf.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Except Rex isn't the only toon you can use to counter zMaul. Essentially any team with reliable tenacity up and/or cleanse can beat them. There's a plethora of youtube videos of people easily beating zMaul teams with Rogue One teams, Jedi teams, Nihilus teams, other zMaul teams, hybrid teams, etc.

Yea beating not good zaul teams. And those teams are scratching and clawing for wins on offense and get completely trashed on defense. If you really actually think zaul isn't op you're just lying to yourself.
  • Options
    The issue is that any proper squad should have the synergy to work together well and hold its own with their own unique abilities. But they don't because the developers are in the cycle of instead of fixing an overpowered toon/squad/game mechanic they just introduce an even more powerful one instead which then takes over.

But I do actually have an issue with Sith having good synergy with each other. They operate based on the rule of two, one master and one apprentice. By that logic Sith should have the crazy synergy within that master/apprentice relationship (instead of people like Wiggs or Chase who're largely throw away characters in the grand scheme of Star Wars), but they shouldn't have much influence over other toons within the game. Make Sidious & Dooku/Maul 'op' or Palpatine & Vader and have minor synergy with their factions (Separatists/Empire etc)

As someone else said in a different thread though, this is a money spinner first, then a game, and then they put some Star Wars on top but they give the impression that they don't actually understand the core of Star Wars
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Other players are OP, plz nerf.
    Agreed. Its quite ridiculous that I'm expected to modify my team if I want to stay competitive.
  • Options
    It's not impossible to beat. As stated Rex is one of the best counters. But new characters are introduced and metas change all the time. Used to be Old Ben, Dooku, Wiggs, Chaze, etc. It's only a matter of time before it changes again.
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    Could they help me form a viable Rex team with my list of characters or tell me which ones I have to improve to form a good team
    https://swgoh.gg/u/n1c0/
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate my Rex these days.
  • Options
    N1c0 wrote: »
    Could they help me form a viable Rex team with my list of characters or tell me which ones I have to improve to form a good team
    https://swgoh.gg/u/n1c0/
    Rex lead, chaze, boba, nihilus is the best from what you have. Gear them up and you'll do well.
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Options
    You guys talk like it's easy to gear your Rex to be faster than an Ep with +20% tm. Com'on. Have more apathy for our fellow gamers.
  • Options
    ctyc123 wrote: »
    You guys talk like it's easy to gear your Rex to be faster than an Ep with +20% tm. Com'on. Have more apathy for our fellow gamers.

EP stun rate is actually remarkably low. Even if he stuns Rex it's far from over and most people run multiple cleansers w Rex like GK and Chaze or worst of all, all of them.

A lot of people are top 20 and don't run a single zeta, which is the sad part. All that work only to be beat by a non-zeta team on auto.

We got so many Rex now, Rex teams are complaining about fighting other Rex.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

Rex doesn't have to going faster than EP, because he's gaining TM from the faster Sith that'll attack first. Then he puts up Tenacity Up and EP's AoE stun doesn't work.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    *) On Zaul lead, the Sith come out of stealth having advantage buff. Advantage = crit, crit = TM to your chars lead be Rex.
    *) Rex can clean your team (remove all Daze, DoTs, Shock, etc effects) and add Tenacity up for 3 turns.
    *) Rex has a cut 25% off from max-hp skill, helping to work on high-hp-siths like Vader and Nihilus
    *) Rex is no Jedi (in this case, really an advantage over - for example - QGJ)
    Is this enough?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Yea beating not good zaul teams. And those teams are scratching and clawing for wins on offense and get completely trashed on defense. If you really actually think zaul isn't op you're just lying to yourself.
    Lying to muself?lol you havent even watched how r1 teams trash zaul on offense,my shardmate warriors r1 team used to even hold well on defense,also @DatBoi stated that alot of teams can take care of zaul easily,please reseqrch before making a statement
    Peace ✌️
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Options

Rex doesn't have to going faster than EP, because he's gaining TM from the faster Sith that'll attack first. Then he puts up Tenacity Up and EP's AoE stun doesn't work.

I actually run a Rex team getting top daily, but there are phone throwing moments when ai EP stuns all 5 followed by nihilus throwing down his +1Cd skill. So yea...