Nerf Darth Maul's Zeta Now

Replies

• Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    The problem isn't Zaul. The problem is the lack of zeta leaderships for other good toons.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    Syrath wrote: »
    maybe if you all would get the sand out of your vaginas and work on a counter instead of taking to the forum to cry nerf.

Dude you have some salt in your vajaj about neefing
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

i would suggest as others have you get zeta maul yourself. crying nerf won't solve the issue.

you should remember one thing before crying nerf. how would you feel if someone cried nerf for a toon you use and possibly a favorite of yours?

i'll make you a deal. they can nerf maul IF they can nerf one of your favorite most used toons.

stop taking a game so seriously. it's not real life. it doesn't make you any better or more important than any other person. no one cares what toons you have or what rank you are. just sit back and enjoy the game.

quit getting your panties in a wad.

OP clearly hit a nerve with you, take a moment jump up and down and get the sand out of your vajaj Sally. It isn't personal it's clear your biased. Sometimes things are too strong and need change. Enjoy it while you can and stop ****.

for your information my name isn't sally. it's nicole thank you very much.

Whoa! I thought you were a guy.

@spotremix is a catfish.

Lol
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    @Ig88isboss you saw that vid chewie lead beats zaul right?go whine somewhere else everyone is tired of you,especially me

With nihilus in there you can pretty much use whatever squad u want... As long as you got a cpl taunters
    U need the right squad,if i toss mob enforcer leader ,gk,srp and st han can i defeat zauls?ofc not

As long as you can protect your DN and get some insta-kills in, you are pretty much good to go...
    the funny thing is that i didnt even mention nihilus there
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Buff zaul!
    Lol this is actually very funny
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    If people want the meta to change more often, then gearing must be made easier. It's extremely difficult to change a meta when you ask people to invest (literally) months in gearing up a team. Not only because it takes very long to do anything else (of which you can't be sure it'll be good against a possible future meta) and try out counterteams, but because if people don't have options, they are likely just gonna stick with what they have.

In Hearthstone, things to counter a meta are available instantly, so if there is a balance problem, you can find that out quickly (and it still takes months). Here, it could take ages before people have geared up "solutions".
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    If people want the meta to change more often, then gearing must be made easier. It's extremely difficult to change a meta when you ask people to invest (literally) months in gearing up a team. Not only because it takes very long to do anything else (of which you can't be sure it'll be good against a possible future meta) and try out counterteams, but because if people don't have options, they are likely just gonna stick with what they have.

In Hearthstone, things to counter a meta are available instantly, so if there is a balance problem, you can find that out quickly (and it still takes months). Here, it could take ages before people have geared up "solutions".

Yes gear is the real bottleneck on this game. People used to say credits too, but I feel credits can easily be saved by planning accordingly and spending only if you can actually use that character in arena, raids or GWs. By spending credits only when I need to use a character I've managed to save up over 100 million in credits. But gear...

Gear is the real problem and raids really have a horrible gear drop rate. This is done on purpose so people are stuck spending real money to progress gear to G11. I do spend money every month but only $40-50 bucks a month.

Last month I decided to splurge a little since I had a good income tax. I bought one single vault of crystals and with that 15k in crystals I was able to gear up 10 characters to G11. The sad part about this is that I haven't even maxed out 10 characters gear from raid gear drops only. Why? Because raid drops really suck. They suck so bad that if I wouldn't have bought a vaults worth of crystals I would only have maybe 7 or 8 toons G11 and I've been playing since December 2015 and never, ever miss a single raid.

I wish they would change gear drop rates...especially with heroics. It makes no sense people have to spend so much money to maximize a single characters gear to 11.
  • Options
    Mauls zeta lead is breaking the game unless there are unexplained factors or ea is dumb as much. The amount of dodges is an unfair advantage. The dodge increase is only 20% ffs, or does the chance to hit an enemy have a factor on its own? Get real. Imagine if phasma lead got assists 90% of the time. Nerf this **** sith so we can trash more arena teams like we should.
  • Options
    Mauls zeta lead is breaking the game unless there are unexplained factors or ea is dumb as much. The amount of dodges is an unfair advantage. The dodge increase is only 20% ffs, or does the chance to hit an enemy have a factor on its own? Get real. Imagine if phasma lead got assists 90% of the time. Nerf this **** sith so we can trash more arena teams like we should.

Im imaging a phasma with 100% assist chance.... OK.... she just lost to Zaul because Zaul prevents assists...

Now I have to imagine something else
  • Options

Im imaging a phasma with 100% assist chance.... OK.... she just lost to Zaul because Zaul prevents assists...

Now I have to imagine something else

I mentioned phasma just because she gives 20% chance to assist but thats nothing like sith bricks dodging like s**t. I guess we have something like 50% accuracy and then there is dodge chance lol
  • Options
    Maul is only OP if your team is too weak to beat him. How many more nerf insert name here _______ posts do we really need here before you people will realize this?

Nerf only means one thing...my team, roster etc isn't good enough so I want the devs to make it easier cause my team should be able to beat any other team on any given day.

Learn to play weak people..learn to play.

4 zetas on a fully maxed first order team, RNG determines if first order beats Zaul on OFFENSE.
  • Options
    Rex gk chaze and nihilus. New meta guaranteed.
  • Options
    Nerf this thread now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Maul is only OP if your team is too weak to beat him. How many more nerf insert name here _______ posts do we really need here before you people will realize this?

Nerf only means one thing...my team, roster etc isn't good enough so I want the devs to make it easier cause my team should be able to beat any other team on any given day.

Learn to play weak people..learn to play.

4 zetas on a fully maxed first order team, RNG determines if first order beats Zaul on OFFENSE.

This I agree with. I've been knocked back by a FO team. When I hit them back, I don't lose anyone and they almost never move. They are horrid on defense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The dodges are unreal wake up morans
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Ironically, it's spelled incorrectly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SelfishFiend
    174 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Ironically, it's spelled incorrectly.

Yea its ironic since they filter words like the opposite of clever so I thought I would spell it in a not clever way
  • Options
    Nerf zaul and nerf all those who support his imba style
  • Options
    Nerf zaul and nerf all those who support his imba style

On our shard, Rex holds 9 of top 20 spots, and maul 6. So not sure if maul is everything you claim he is.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    My Zaul team bounces off every Rex/Chaze team I encounter, and a number of ZQGJ/ZYoda squads as well. I must be doing it wrong.

Your angst is understandable, because Zaul is awesome, but I suggest you su ck it up buttercup, and farm some counters just like the rest of us have to.
  • Options
    Its not about your shard or any other. Just go check how much sith dodge just by having 20% chance and smack it to your face.
  • Options
    There are many things that have a higher chance than 20% that never proc.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    My only problem with zMaul isn't anything to do with him specifically, but the devs releasing all these follow up and counter reliant characters, while zMaul is still at large in arena. Phoenix Squadron, and a Saxon lead Empire team, will never get a chance at being an arena meta with AoE Daze.

Doesn't mean I think his zeta is OP though, just annoyed devs aren't paying attention to arena it seems, when designing new toons. We need some Daze Immunity characters introduced, or a leader ability that has allies start encounter with Tenacity Up. Maybe Veers's leadership rework will have Empire allies start with Tenacity Up.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    I have a maul gear question:
    Does anyone know if the Mk 8 Biotech Implant prototype that is needed for Maul gear 11 rotates in shipments?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Love how everyone brings up rex as a counter and that makes maul not op. Having only one counter means it is still insanely op.

Story of this game. The Freemium model means they shift metas every once in a while, but always make something overpowered so people will switch to go farm it, and they bank on people spending money to do it quickly to get the edge over the others in their shard. Unfortunately, this destroys diversity, and alienates some of the playerbase. It would be nice to have a balanced game, but their freemium model does not include that.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Has there been a verified report of what the "natural" dodge rate is? I may have missed something....but isn't a dodge leader adding the 20% to the Natural dodge rate so that it's actually above 20%? I thought at one time it was considered to be in the 5-10% range, such that adding in a 20% leader would push it to 25-30% effective dodge. Is that no longer the case?
  • Options

Has there been a verified report of what the "natural" dodge rate is? I may have missed something....but isn't a dodge leader adding the 20% to the Natural dodge rate so that it's actually above 20%? I thought at one time it was considered to be in the 5-10% range, such that adding in a 20% leader would push it to 25-30% effective dodge. Is that no longer the case?

There is a dodge% & Deflection% stat for each character (under the physical & special survivability part of the character sheet respectively), looks like the base line is 2% before leader bonuses
  • Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

There is a dodge% & Deflection% stat for each character (under the physical & special survivability part of the character sheet respectively), looks like the base line is 2% before leader bonuses

Ah - thank you kindly...I wasn't around when that was added and missed it totally :)

Anecdotally though that seems too low. Even without dodge leaders, a 98% accuracy rate just doesn't seem to pass the smell test. That would mean dodges vs. non-evasion leaders would be incredibly rare.
  • Options

Ah - thank you kindly...I wasn't around when that was added and missed it totally :)

Anecdotally though that seems too low. Even without dodge leaders, a 98% accuracy rate just doesn't seem to pass the smell test. That would mean dodges vs. non-evasion leaders would be incredibly rare.

Yeah it seems far too low imo as well. There could be some interaction with other stats that we dont know about.
    Could also have something to do with the low base accuracy most toons have (that possible implies dodge% isn't a simple dodge - acc calculation)

• Options

Yeah it seems far too low imo as well. There could be some interaction with other stats that we dont know about.
    Could also have something to do with the low base accuracy most toons have (that possible implies dodge% isn't a simple dodge - acc calculation)

Ah good point....maybe someone with hard data or a strong test sample can add some clarity. I've always figured the "ability to not damage the opponent" (either due to own inaccuracy or opponent dodging) was around 5-7%. I think I will start recording some hits in GW to build a decent sample to better estimate the natural dodge / inaccuracy rate.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    If the devs wanted to nerf zMaul they could just add Accuracy to the Circle or Plus mods, then you wouldn't have to choose between +30 speed and +12% accuracy. And then maybe double the accuracy amount to make it worth passing up the health or potency loss.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Riktoven wrote: »
    My Zaul team bounces off every Rex/Chaze team I encounter, and a number of ZQGJ/ZYoda squads as well. I must be doing it wrong.

Your angst is understandable, because Zaul is awesome, but I suggest you su ck it up buttercup, and farm some counters just like the rest of us have to.

Lol I dont wanna su ck up his incorrectly rigged leader ability.

I guess if we got more accuracy mods sith dodge chance would at least get closer to 20% :D