Nerf Darth Maul's Zeta Now

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    maybe if you all would get the sand out of your vaginas and work on a counter instead of taking to the forum to cry nerf.

Or cg can grow some balls and actually lay down the nerf bat to make a more balanced game?

In my top 20, there are currently 13 leads that are NOT Zaul (so only about 1/3 Zaul). So either he is not OP, or all of the whales/dolphins/competitive F2P on November 2015 shard are ****.

It's not the latter.

Sounds like an uncompetitive server. Mines 14/20 zaul.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    maybe if you all would get the sand out of your vaginas and work on a counter instead of taking to the forum to cry nerf.

Or cg can grow some balls and actually lay down the nerf bat to make a more balanced game?

In my top 20, there are currently 13 leads that are NOT Zaul (so only about 1/3 Zaul). So either he is not OP, or all of the whales/dolphins/competitive F2P on November 2015 shard are ****.

It's not the latter.

Lol - okay, whatever. All your top 5 are 49k+ power too? Just stop. We get it - you're salty because your droids can't beat Zaul. How about farm and field a counter instead of coming on the forums every time a new springs up that your droids can't compete with?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

It's not the latter.

Lol - okay, whatever. All your top 5 are 49k+ power too? Just stop. We get it - you're salty because your droids can't beat Zaul. How about farm and field a counter instead of coming on the forums every time a new springs up that your droids can't compete with?

I'm not running droids anymore but thanks for the tips. Also it doesn't matter what either of our servers are running, as every shard is different, but if you look at the meta report at swgoh.gg it's at a 45% for zaul leads. A useage statistic like that in gaming just screams op.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

It's not the latter.

I'm not running droids anymore but thanks for the tips. Also it doesn't matter what either of our servers are running, as every shard is different, but if you look at the meta report at swgoh.gg it's at a 45% for zaul leads. A useage statistic like that in gaming just screams sheep.

FYP. Zaul is not OP - and several people have posted at least half a dozen teams that beat Zaul leads consistently - some easily. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, there have been several points in the game's history where usage by a single lead was significantly higher than 45%.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • SadSpartans
    208 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    When stuff starts getting needed I start losing my mind because it's taking away from what some people have worked hard for, nerfing Zaul is a horrible idea
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf everyone
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My Sith-heavy squad had a very difficult GW node 6 opposition consisting of Rex lead with Shore, BF, EP and Vader.

I had to dust off B2 and use Sith Trooper to soak up the hits.

Rex lead is the antidote to Sith meta.
  • Options
    tkl wrote: »
    Nerf everyone

to be honest this a great suggestion. either nerf everyone or nerf no one.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

It's not the latter.

I'm not running droids anymore but thanks for the tips. Also it doesn't matter what either of our servers are running, as every shard is different, but if you look at the meta report at swgoh.gg it's at a 45% for zaul leads. A useage statistic like that in gaming just screams op.

I'm willing to bet a vault that your shard is 6 months or younger.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »

It's not the latter.

you bet September? i'd normally be willing to take a bet, but in this case I think I'd lose.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

It's not the latter.

you bet September? i'd normally be willing to take a bet, but in this case I think I'd lose.

I'm gonna need you to take some more crack and get back to me on the bet ;)
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's totally fair to be outraged at the meta, especially when you don't have the heroes geared for it. Most of use have had those moments at some points. I mean obviously you could spend some crystal if you NEED to catch up, but there have been meta shifts that took me out of the top 10 (where I wanted to be). Hang in there, fellow warrior. It isn't usually as bad as it feels, especially nowadays; there are more ways to walk around the 'meta'.....which believe it or not is becoming more diverse. But yes, the rage is real when you don't have what you need and you watch Maul Crit-KO and go 5 turns in a row....I LOVE doing that in GW.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

It's not the latter.

Nov 15. Pay up.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

It's not the latter.

I'm gonna need you to take some more crack and get back to me on the bet ;)

It's not the latter.

Nov 15. Pay up.

All the crack I could have bought..
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    War wrote: »
    Rex lead works as a counter. Rex leads are actually replacing Zauls in the top 20 on my shard now. Not sure on the mechanics of it though, I don't run it myself. Anybody running it or know the mechanics care shed some light?

Not really, you can set up a Maul team so that Rex lead has absolutely no chance at all
  • Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    Rex lead works as a counter. Rex leads are actually replacing Zauls in the top 20 on my shard now. Not sure on the mechanics of it though, I don't run it myself. Anybody running it or know the mechanics care shed some light?

Not really, you can set up a Maul team so that Rex lead has absolutely no chance at all

how so?
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options

Dude you have some salt in your vajaj about neefing
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

i would suggest as others have you get zeta maul yourself. crying nerf won't solve the issue.

you should remember one thing before crying nerf. how would you feel if someone cried nerf for a toon you use and possibly a favorite of yours?

i'll make you a deal. they can nerf maul IF they can nerf one of your favorite most used toons.

stop taking a game so seriously. it's not real life. it doesn't make you any better or more important than any other person. no one cares what toons you have or what rank you are. just sit back and enjoy the game.

quit getting your panties in a wad.

OP clearly hit a nerve with you, take a moment jump up and down and get the sand out of your vajaj Sally. It isn't personal it's clear your biased. Sometimes things are too strong and need change. Enjoy it while you can and stop ****.
  • Options
    Syrath wrote: »

Dude you have some salt in your vajaj about neefing
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

i would suggest as others have you get zeta maul yourself. crying nerf won't solve the issue.

you should remember one thing before crying nerf. how would you feel if someone cried nerf for a toon you use and possibly a favorite of yours?

i'll make you a deal. they can nerf maul IF they can nerf one of your favorite most used toons.

stop taking a game so seriously. it's not real life. it doesn't make you any better or more important than any other person. no one cares what toons you have or what rank you are. just sit back and enjoy the game.

quit getting your panties in a wad.

OP clearly hit a nerve with you, take a moment jump up and down and get the sand out of your vajaj Sally. It isn't personal it's clear your biased. Sometimes things are too strong and need change. Enjoy it while you can and stop ****.

for your information my name isn't sally. it's nicole thank you very much.
  • Cambo
    31 posts Member
    Options

Sorry u had to meet my arena team like that. The dooku meta (dodge) is back combined with the old Ben meta (more dodge and TM gain too!!!).

Two of the most hated metas combined into one... the all mighty Better farm Zaul.

Perhaps the devs are trying to reduce complaints regarding the speed mods issue by encouraging people to use accuracy arrow mods.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

how so?

Haha I'm not adding fuel to this fire. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Maul was my second zeta, but I gotta say, whoever thought it'd be a good idea to bring back the dodge meta, add stealth, advantage and a ton of TM needs to go sit in the corner and take the next few plays off.
  • Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

how so?

Haha I'm not adding fuel to this fire. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Maul was my second zeta, but I gotta say, whoever thought it'd be a good idea to bring back the dodge meta, add stealth, advantage and a ton of TM needs to go sit in the corner and take the next few plays off.

Fair point, i wasnt trying to fan the flames either, just honestly curious what tips it back in zMauls favor vs Rex.

as totally agree maul is a combination of pretty much everyone most hated aspects of the game
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

It's not the latter.

Nov 15. Pay up.

Bull dung. A Nov. 15 shard and only 6 non-Maul leads on your top 20? Dude, how did you get a whale free shard? Lol :D

• Options

It's not the latter.

Nov 15. Pay up.

Bull dung. A Nov. 15 shard and only 6 non-Maul leads on your top 20? Dude, how did you get a whale free shard? Lol :D

It's not the latter.

Nov 15. Pay up.

6rdVTf0.png
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

It's not the latter.

Nov 15. Pay up.

It's not the latter.

Nov 15. Pay up.

6rdVTf0.png

Cool - now post pics of your 75% Zaul leaderboard. ;)

• Options
    Zaul is easily beatable. A number of squads and variants are already lining up to keep him under control.

If you really want to troll zaul put Old Ben lead backed by GK Yoda and Chaze. Fight dodge with dodge and pay homage to the final outcome of the zaul conundrum.

ZQGJ works great
    Rex GK Chaze + 1 works easily
    zMaul on zMaul will also do the job.
    Zader Chaze works

So OP if you can't figure it out maybe you need to adjust your strategy accordingly.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options

That's a stretch to say "no chance" - you can strip non-maul Sith allies (DN, EP, etc.) of speed to get zDM to move first and Daze, but even then if you're facing triple cleanse you need the daze to land on ALL 3 cleansers in rd 1. If that doesn't happen, you get the TM push from Rex lead on the free cleanser, they proc cleanse, and away they go. Also, the non-Maul Sith are slower than dirt and weakens your team overall vs. other opponents.
  • Options

It's not the latter.

You have to keep in mind, usage isn't based on maximum capable squads - just on what's owned AND built well. Popularity also plays a part in usage. It's not a pure indicator of what's truly the best setup in the game. Now - IF everyone owned and had built ALL heroes in the game it would be a much better indicator. I was kidding earlier about nerf Rex / GK / Chaze as I'm not a person that believes in nerfs generally - but in all seriousness that is a better overall setup than zDM. That just can't be reflected in the data yet because it requires 2 hard to get / newer heroes in Chaze and also GK - which many players may still not have or if they do have him he may not be built up yet.

Sith though is the easy bake oven meta - everyone played the EP event and he's well owned and was pretty easy to gear. DV has been built forever. SO has been in arena shop forever. DN / Trooper / SA were given out to everyone for FREE and perform just as good at 3* even. DN was a pretty easy gear. DM has been in guild shop for some time. Pop in one zeta on Maul and you're ready to go.

Compare that to Chaze / R1 and ownership levels. It's not close. zJinn is not as built as he should be given his power - I think in large part due to a lot of bad misinformation on these forums. People take their 4* gear 6 unmodded Eeth Koth in to GW against a Maul, get wrecked, and then say "Sith wreck Jedi, Sith have all anti-Jedi effects" ... then it's non-stop posts about buff every Jedi. It's been that way since Maul got the 2x Jedi damage a long time ago - back when he was still awful and no one had thought of zetas. That's just not the case if you have the best Jedi set. There's a lot of fake news on the forums - be careful.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Omg wow i thought mauls leader was 50% evasion (never really looked at it), was starting to think it was more than 50% by my arena battles. WTAF its only 20%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a joke more like 80% ****!! Sith will literally dodge 3 shots from a wiggs combo everytime!! If your lucky you hit 1/3, 20%!!!!!!! Still makes me smh there is no way 20%!! Omg still smh 20% lol funny

Please correct mauls leader tooltip, 80% chance to dodge, thank you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Byakuya wrote: »
    Omg wow i thought mauls leader was 50% evasion (never really looked at it), was starting to think it was more than 50% by my arena battles. WTAF its only 20%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a joke more like 80% ****!! Sith will literally dodge 3 shots from a wiggs combo everytime!! If your lucky you hit 1/3, 20%!!!!!!! Still makes me smh there is no way 20%!! Omg still smh 20% lol funny

Please look up the word "literally". Thank you.

• Options
    Byakuya wrote: »

You're in for some answers lol
    This is a signature.