Nerf Darth Maul's Zeta Now

Replies

• ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    Options
    ctyc123 wrote: »
    War wrote: »
    ctyc123 wrote: »
    You guys talk like it's easy to gear your Rex to be faster than an Ep with +20% tm. Com'on. Have more apathy for our fellow gamers.

Rex doesn't have to going faster than EP, because he's gaining TM from the faster Sith that'll attack first. Then he puts up Tenacity Up and EP's AoE stun doesn't work.

I actually run a Rex team getting top daily, but there are phone throwing moments when ai EP stuns all 5 followed by nihilus throwing down his +1Cd skill. So yea...

Oh EP should be made the fastest. That's important for a zaul team.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Rex lead works as a counter. Rex leads are actually replacing Zauls in the top 20 on my shard now. Not sure on the mechanics of it though, I don't run it myself. Anybody running it or know the mechanics care shed some light?
    *) On Zaul lead, the Sith come out of stealth having advantage buff. Advantage = crit, crit = TM to your chars lead be Rex.
    *) Rex can clean your team (remove all Daze, DoTs, Shock, etc effects) and add Tenacity up for 3 turns.
    *) Rex has a cut 25% off from max-hp skill, helping to work on high-hp-siths like Vader and Nihilus
    *) Rex is no Jedi (in this case, really an advantage over - for example - QGJ)
    Is this enough?

Yep that's enough. Rex kept gaining TM when I attack, but never connected it to crits. Could have checked swgoh.gg I suppose, but never would have thought of Maul's Zeta as his own downfall by granting Sith advantage.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Have little trouble beating them with a first order team.

Fost only gear X and 6 stars too.

Zeta* only on phasma & Kylo Ren.

TLDR: my first order squad isn't maxed and I'm beating these zaul teams, and a few maxed Jedi squads too. Can't imagine what it will be like when fully zetad and maxed.
  • Options
    You have never seen something more insane than maul zeta?Let me remind you how Wiggs + Wedges combo ruined all last year for sith/empire/dark side players.

We were at your mercy for all that time

Worst part is when you add Lando to that combo.

So take a sit will you.

• Options
    Not again.
  • Options
    A fast chirrut always goes before Palp, resulting in Ten up.
  • Options
    Nerf Complainers... too OP. Everytime they lose they change the game so they can win again.
  • Options
    Its fine.. Siths were always far superior then rebel pilots haha.. Jedi, rebels, and each other faction is supposed to 'cant tuch dis' so. .. At least, the most powerful faction is right in place, where they belong (:
  • SoylentGreen
    84 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I run a full (pretty much maxed, though) First Order team, and neither Maul nor Rex teams (well, there are a couple tricky ones) pose much of a problem.

Edit: Typo.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is OP
    Wiggs is OP
    Rey is OP
    Heroic Rancor is OP
    Palpatine is OP
    AAT is OP
    Chaze is OP
    GK is OP
    Maul is OP
    Nihilus is OP
    Soon, those cartoon characters will be OP
    ... and then something else
    ... and another
    ... and another...

Except... they're not.

The thing is, if CG ever released something that was truly impossible to beat, the game would collapse. Are new characters often a giant pain until we figure out how to beat them? Sure. But as things evolve, we adapt. Well, at least the ones that don't smash their phones during the transitions ...

OP, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with Maul. Being frustrated sucks. It really does. Take a breath. Look around on the forums and ask for advice when you're stuck. Learn the kits of your characters, your opponent's, and those you may have never considered using, inside and out. Do some theory crafting. Change your tactics. See if those changes work. Try again if they don't. Figure out why something works great against one comp, and fails miserably against a similar comp. And finally, recognize that you may have to temporarily bench some or all of your favorite characters to stay competitive in whatever today's OP META is. Or, just bite the pillow and wait it out until the next OP META comes along in a few weeks, and hope that one isn't just as frustrating.

Most importantly.... Relax. It's a game. You're supposed to be having fun.
  • Options
    -127338 don't listen to this cry! What about the people who starred and geared Maul, because of his zeta? Stop being selfish!
  • Options
    I run GK, Aylaa, Chaze, Zarris. I can auto win all my battles against Zaul teams. So it's not OP even without Rex.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    This is always going to be a problem in a game such as this: you cannot simply nerf characters without consequence. If in LoL your favourite character gets a nerf, that is bad enough, but the loss is at worst a few moneys.
    In this game however, a nerf to a certain character can invalidate your entire team, and it takes way more money, time and resources to recover from such a setback. This means that game balance is absolutely required, and at the moment it's not very good.

There are a few reasons for this. Protection is one mechanic that is particularly bad (from a balancing standpoint), Zeta abilities are another (due to the size of the investment), and pay to win characters are a third problem (if a new character is not powerful or gives you new options, why would you invest - a lot - of money in it ?)

We are just lucky that at the moment it's only Darth Maul that is very powerful. If the same happened to characters behind a paywall, the problem (and the long term health of the game) would only grow bigger.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Poe is OP
    The thing is, if CG ever released something that was truly impossible to beat, the game would collapse. Are new characters often a giant pain until we figure out how to beat them? Sure. But as things evolve, we adapt. Well, at least the ones that don't smash their phones during the transitions ...

OP, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with Maul. Being frustrated sucks. It really does. Take a breath. Look around on the forums and ask for advice when you're stuck. Learn the kits of your characters, your opponent's, and those you may have never considered using, inside and out. Do some theory crafting. Change your tactics. See if those changes work. Try again if they don't. Figure out why something works great against one comp, and fails miserably against a similar comp. And finally, recognize that you may have to temporarily bench some or all of your favorite characters to stay competitive in whatever today's OP META is. Or, just bite the pillow and wait it out until the next OP META comes along in a few weeks, and hope that one isn't just as frustrating.

Most importantly.... Relax. It's a game. You're supposed to be having fun.

+1
    This is the best remark on this topic!

-Enjoy- the process of figuring out what will work for you. :smile:
  • Options
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

i would suggest as others have you get zeta maul yourself. crying nerf won't solve the issue.

you should remember one thing before crying nerf. how would you feel if someone cried nerf for a toon you use and possibly a favorite of yours?

i'll make you a deal. they can nerf maul IF they can nerf one of your favorite most used toons.

stop taking a game so seriously. it's not real life. it doesn't make you any better or more important than any other person. no one cares what toons you have or what rank you are. just sit back and enjoy the game.

quit getting your panties in a wad.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Here. December Shard. No Comment
    https://imgur.com/a/DV7GF
  • Options
    Always practice safe arena with durex counters all those sithually transmitted debuffs
  • Options
    Sith Assassin says hello to Rex ;)
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Love how everyone brings up rex as a counter and that makes maul not op. Having only one counter means it is still insanely op.

If you have a counter, you're not OP. That term gets thrown around way too much. When we actually do have an OP meta, we won't be able to say OP, because you could be talking OP like Chaze or Zaul.

One counter does mean its op. If your forced to run a particular thing just to counter it its op. This is a simple concept in balance in game design...

Except Rex isn't the only toon you can use to counter zMaul. Essentially any team with reliable tenacity up and/or cleanse can beat them. There's a plethora of youtube videos of people easily beating zMaul teams with Rogue One teams, Jedi teams, Nihilus teams, other zMaul teams, hybrid teams, etc.

Yea beating not good zaul teams. And those teams are scratching and clawing for wins on offense and get completely trashed on defense. If you really actually think zaul isn't op you're just lying to yourself.

Jedi and R1 elite built teams do easily beat elite zDM teams...and do not get trashed on D. They can even now stay in the top 20 to hold overnight on heavy Sith boards.

The players referencing Rex taking over ... that's going to keep happening because the true meta is Rex + Cleanse - and especially Rex + Chaze. Wait till more own the Chaze combo. zDM squads get moved in arena quite easily. I wouldn't waste my time and effort trying to get zDM nerfed - I'd get out ahead of the fake zDM meta and look really smart by calling for a Rex/Chaze/GK nerf.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    "I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out"

Alright then good luck being just ignored here :d
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Love how everyone brings up rex as a counter and that makes maul not op. Having only one counter means it is still insanely op.

If you have a counter, you're not OP. That term gets thrown around way too much. When we actually do have an OP meta, we won't be able to say OP, because you could be talking OP like Chaze or Zaul.

One counter does mean its op. If your forced to run a particular thing just to counter it its op. This is a simple concept in balance in game design...

Except Rex isn't the only toon you can use to counter zMaul. Essentially any team with reliable tenacity up and/or cleanse can beat them. There's a plethora of youtube videos of people easily beating zMaul teams with Rogue One teams, Jedi teams, Nihilus teams, other zMaul teams, hybrid teams, etc.

Yea beating not good zaul teams. And those teams are scratching and clawing for wins on offense and get completely trashed on defense. If you really actually think zaul isn't op you're just lying to yourself.

Jedi and R1 elite built teams do easily beat elite zDM teams...and do not get trashed on D. They can even now stay in the top 20 to hold overnight on heavy Sith boards.

The players referencing Rex taking over ... that's going to keep happening because the true meta is Rex + Cleanse - and especially Rex + Chaze. Wait till more own the Chaze combo. zDM squads get moved in arena quite easily. I wouldn't waste my time and effort trying to get zDM nerfed - I'd get out ahead of the fake zDM meta and look really smart by calling for a Rex/Chaze/GK nerf.

Exactly
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OP you're dumb, L2P or maybe your mods suck, if so then you don't deserve to beat someone else.
    Post edited by Eightys on
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

What about the time everyone said Old Ben, STH and Rey were OP?

Or the time people said Rex and Sun Fac was OP?

Or the time people said Wiggs was OP?

Or now when half the population thinks Zaul is OP and the other half say Chaze? Zaul isn't OP, he's just META.....for now.....
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    PS: If you keep picking paper vs rock you will never win. Perhaps switch to scissors instead?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Siskin
    135 posts Member
    Options
    Boba
    Zam
    B2
    Other stuff
    =dead Sith.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

JohnnySteelAlpha and Cronoz have already shown how and why this is completely wrong. Heck, even B2 can throw a wrench into a Zaul team by shutting down stealth with his aoe and dropping their dodge with his basic.

There are a number of counters, which is part of the reason many of the top 20 on my Nov 15 shard don't run Zaul.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

JohnnySteelAlpha and Cronoz have already shown how and why this is completely wrong. Heck, even B2 can throw a wrench into a Zaul team by shutting down stealth with his aoe and dropping their dodge with his basic.

There are a number of counters, which is part of the reason many of the top 20 on my Nov 15 shard don't run Zaul.

Yeah the top of my Dec 15 shard isn't just Zaul.

In the top 10 theres a few of the better Zaul teams, and few Rex teams, a GK/Chaze/Zarriss/Nihilus team, and FO team.

Then theres like a gap from like 10-20 where there really aren't that many Zaul teams but theres about 10 of them down in the 20s and probably 15 if you go into the 30s. Sure Zaul teams are good, but just having Zaul doesn't solve your problems, you need a good team behind it to stay up in the top ranks.
  • Options
    My Zaul team isn't nearly as effective as my DN (and soon to be Zihilus team).

It wasn't like, oh I got Zaul, now all my problems are solved.

The beauty (and frustration) of this game is the need to be flexible, adaptable and patient. Even a whale can't become OP overnight. Sure it's faster for us in many ways, but it's not like oh you know what, I built a terrible team and now I'm just going to throw $2000 at the game tonight and become invincible because I'm frustrated. That's just silly.

I got Zaul, and he did fine. But I also noticed I had other parts within my team that needed improvement. More speed for this toon. More protection for that one. Maybe this tank wasn't working out as planned. Maybe this character can be swapped out with another to help improve my team's odds on defense. So I went back to DN, changed my setup and now it's much stronger. That's not because Zaul stinks. It's because in relation to my competition, the nature of my shard and who I'm up against I made the necessary changes to be competitive. If tomorrow I see a bunch of Rex teams pop up, then I'm surely going to have to rethink my build and make necessary adjustments.

OP, you make it seem like your frustrations are your own. It's not. Last night for example, the #2 guy on my shard behind me found a way to get around my tank, make it easier for him to win against me on defense. Little did he know I was working on other toons in the background. I made the swap and after seeing him switch his teams up several times, he wasn't able to beat me in the end. I'm sure he probably felt the way you did and wanted to smash his phone into the wall. I saw dollar signs flying on my phone b/c I saw adjustments to his mods and also saw him rush level up his toons in the past few days to keep up. That surely wasn't cheap for him. But the onus is on him now to adapt and build a team that can outdo mine and when that day comes I'll be making adjustments as well. It's no different for me on fleet where I've been squatting at the top for 2 months but I see folks creeping up and I've been slowing down since I'm busy zeta farming and not buying ship shards.

That's what makes the game fun but this community is also helpful in terms of sharing tips, strategies and ideas to help you get better. You also have swgoh.gg as a good resource b/c you can track the meta and see how teams are evolving. Those are all tools you have at your disposal to get better.

To cry nerf is really not helpful. It's not like when I was building up and getting owned by chaze teams that I wasn't frustrated, but it's lame to scream about the game being unfair when you're full capable to do what you need to do to be successful. It takes time, planning and if you have the means, money. But the first two are far important. Just look at some terrible teams that some bad whales crafted, and you'll see what I mean.
  • Options
    I've always been behind on the different metas in the past. Soon as I would finally get my meta team arena ready, the meta would change.

Few months back when ships were released I focused solely on Darth Maul, not because he was good, but because he is one of my favorite Star Wars villains that I couldn't get enough of.

I glad I got him and even happier that he is arena viable with zeta. He isn't OP but like any meta characters you need to use the right characters to counter the current meta. Even if that means using toons you don't really like.

That's why I believe it's best to unlock everything you can. Metas will always change, unlocking everything allows you to be in the current meta and defeat the current meta.
  • Options
    A lot of jiberjaber here.
    3 points:
    1) I use zMaul (my second zeta after Vader as he was highly inefficient with my mods that are far inferior to other guys on my shard´s mods) and i can take first place. He is great no doubt! Without him i still could take first here and there with Emperor lead. And also here and there i have to switch out SA in for better/faster teams than mine (for example zQGJ with zYoda) but i still can win. Without the Siths i couldnt take as much crystals as i do right now.
    2) there counters. Fast zQGJ+zYoda+ GK + other 2; Rogue 1 team; DN-lead; Rex-teams
    3) first two things being said - when the meta report shows that one toon take over from 0 to close to 50% than something is definitely wrong. It is not OP but it is not balanced either! I do think zMaul lead is too strong and if the game was going to stop evolving today i would say nerve it! But as this game is an ongoing powercreep - this give maul viability for the next 2-3 metas we will receive - so i think the nerv would be too much.

Keep on grinding!