Nerf Darth Maul's Zeta Now

Replies

• Options
    I run GK, Aylaa, Chaze, Zarris. I can auto win all my battles against Zaul teams. So it's not OP even without Rex.

This. I sub KyloZ for Aayla, but same thing. I have zero trouble with the MaulZ leads on my shard. It's simply team combo. However, against DN lead, EP, Chaze, GK, I go into fits. My team has nowhere near enough DPS to get through GK/Chaze and get to DN before he's annihilating everyone. But that's okay. If I need to beat that team someday, I'll just change my team... *shrug
  • Options
    Don't nerf anything, people work hard or pay to get on top, stop neuf'n asks,

You can of course stop introducing 20 new toons in a short space of time, if you dont guess the right way to get the next meta with all these new synergy teams then that's going to be a problem ****
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Other players are OP, plz nerf.
    Agreed. Its quite ridiculous that I'm expected to modify my team if I want to stay competitive.

DieRj8s.gif
  • Options
    I personally disagree with nerfing maul because once he falls a new meta will arrive and everyone will cry I say instead of nerfing him do what they did w the sith(reworked) rework the other factions such as Jedi droids bounty Hunnters and general grevious so that there on par w the siths and almost most of the siths abilitys are newer due to rework I think if they reworked the other factions and updated the other factions since most of there abilitys and stats are dated it would make them all closer to being equals rather then nerfing one character or faction and screwing everyone who zetad sith and possible making sith as irrelevant as droids or night sisters
  • Options
    What a surprise. A nerf call for the current meta. Has there been a meta where there wasn't a nerf call?

I run zMaul and it gets beat all the time. I can finish first at payout then the next day I'll be at rank 15-20. My shard is quite diverse with zQGJ, Rex, Nihilus, Zader, zMaul leads all over the place.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    What a surprise. A nerf call for the current meta. Has there been a meta where there wasn't a nerf call?

I run zMaul and it gets beat all the time. I can finish first at payout then the next day I'll be at rank 15-20. My shard is quite diverse with zQGJ, Rex, Nihilus, Zader, zMaul leads all over the place.

Throw in B2, your life will be a lot easier.
  • Options

I love B2. I throw him in against zQGJ teams but I have subbed out B2 just days ago for a G11 zSavage.
  • Options
    Lithalan wrote: »
    I run GK, Aylaa, Chaze, Zarris. I can auto win all my battles against Zaul teams. So it's not OP even without Rex.

This. I sub KyloZ for Aayla, but same thing. I have zero trouble with the MaulZ leads on my shard. It's simply team combo. However, against DN lead, EP, Chaze, GK, I go into fits. My team has nowhere near enough DPS to get through GK/Chaze and get to DN before he's annihilating everyone. But that's okay. If I need to beat that team someday, I'll just change my team... *shrug

I love B2. I throw him in against zQGJ teams but I have subbed out B2 just days ago for a G11 zSavage.

hard to beat the rex/zqgj teams without b2. I run zaul, darth n, zylo, emp p, b2
  • Options
    hard to beat the rex/zqgj teams without b2. I run zaul, darth n, zylo, emp p, b2

My team has no issue with B2 teams either. I'm on @Mr_Sausage 's shard. We've fought a few times. :wink: The only team I can't beat is the aforementioned DN lead with Chaze/GK.
  • Options

My team has no issue with B2 teams either. I'm on @Mr_Sausage 's shard. We've fought a few times. :wink: The only team I can't beat is the aforementioned DN lead with Chaze/GK.

You mean you've beat me a few times lol. I'm about 1/10 against your team. All of my extra battles I have after payout I battle you to try to figure a way out to beat your team.
  • Options
    You mean you've beat me a few times lol. I'm about 1/10 against your team. All of my extra battles I have after payout I battle you to try to figure a way out to beat your team.

lol DN lead. That'll do it.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Other players are OP, plz nerf.
    Agreed. Its quite ridiculous that I'm expected to modify my team if I want to stay competitive.

DieRj8s.gif

lol, its hard to convey sarcasm on the forums since people's expectations for nonsense are so low
  • Options
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

haters gonna hate. grow up and farm zaul.
  • Options
    I hope the developers buff Maul, too underpowered.
  • Options
    Nerf GW node 12 now.
  • Options
    Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

Smh. The mindset of some of you people is sad.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

• Options

So you're telling me im a stupid because im joking about someone who cant deal with his own choices and the only answer he can find is ask for a nerf, he is being playing this game for around a year, and he still cryes about something being OP, this is capital games way to desing games, go and ask to people that are still playing heroes of dragon age, if you dont pay you dont get an edge, still Zaul is F2P so whats the problem... you better take care of your words.
  • Options
    Yes. Let's by all means nerf a fan favorite character who has been useless for the first year+ of the game and who is easily countered by other ftp characters.

Now if you want to argue that Chaze needs nerfed, there are some valid arguments there....
  • Options
    I killed a zMaul team (not in the top 10, mind you) with a 2015 team - highlighted by ST han, Asajj, and Rey. Why? Because I could. I'm not recommending it against a top player with a real modded lineup, I'm just pointing out you can work it out.

Also, it's a competition, like as been said, if someone is beating you, you need to come up with a better team. I'm with @7AnimalMother - Chaze is a much harder nut to crack. If you don't have an active counter like B2 or Boba -- you'll just never bet them, no matter what. You'll just never overpower them.

Also, Nerf Rey!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think maul needs a nerf, but to say it isn't clearly overpowered in arena compared to other zetas and leads is nonsense.

Yeah rex lead can easily beat it, but rex also gets destroyed by everything else.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    I don't think maul needs a nerf, but to say it isn't clearly overpowered in arena compared to other zetas and leads is nonsense.

Yeah rex lead can easily beat it, but rex also gets destroyed by everything else.
    Nah, man. Maul kills everybody, so Maul needs nerf. Rex kills Maul, so Rex needs nerf. Everybody kills Rex, so evrybody needs nerf. That's how they get ya in the nerf game. I got this conspiracy all figured out.
  • Options

I have no idea how to IM someone directly here, but I wanted to ping you guys and see if there was a channel for our shard somewhere.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    PS: If you keep picking paper vs rock you will never win. Perhaps switch to scissors instead?

Erm, paper does beat rock though... Just sayin XD
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    Love how everyone brings up rex as a counter and that makes maul not op. Having only one counter means it is still insanely op.

If you have a counter, you're not OP. That term gets thrown around way too much. When we actually do have an OP meta, we won't be able to say OP, because you could be talking OP like Chaze or Zaul.

One counter does mean its op. If your forced to run a particular thing just to counter it its op. This is a simple concept in balance in game design...

Except Rex isn't the only toon you can use to counter zMaul. Essentially any team with reliable tenacity up and/or cleanse can beat them. There's a plethora of youtube videos of people easily beating zMaul teams with Rogue One teams, Jedi teams, Nihilus teams, other zMaul teams, hybrid teams, etc.

Yea beating not good zaul teams. And those teams are scratching and clawing for wins on offense and get completely trashed on defense. If you really actually think zaul isn't op you're just lying to yourself.

Jedi and R1 elite built teams do easily beat elite zDM teams...and do not get trashed on D. They can even now stay in the top 20 to hold overnight on heavy Sith boards.

The players referencing Rex taking over ... that's going to keep happening because the true meta is Rex + Cleanse - and especially Rex + Chaze. Wait till more own the Chaze combo. zDM squads get moved in arena quite easily. I wouldn't waste my time and effort trying to get zDM nerfed - I'd get out ahead of the fake zDM meta and look really smart by calling for a Rex/Chaze/GK nerf.

Rex/chaze/GK + say Kylo combo is an anti Sith team only. It can be beaten by lots of teams and is in no way OP
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    maybe if you all would get the sand out of your vaginas and work on a counter instead of taking to the forum to cry nerf.
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    maybe if you all would get the sand out of your vaginas and work on a counter instead of taking to the forum to cry nerf.

Or cg can grow some balls and actually lay down the nerf bat to make a more balanced game?
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    CronozNL wrote: »
    PS: If you keep picking paper vs rock you will never win. Perhaps switch to scissors instead?

Erm, paper does beat rock though... Just sayin XD

Lol i was wondering the same! Also, if he change to scissor against rock he'll also lose lol...
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    War wrote: »
    Love how everyone brings up rex as a counter and that makes maul not op. Having only one counter means it is still insanely op.

If you have a counter, you're not OP. That term gets thrown around way too much. When we actually do have an OP meta, we won't be able to say OP, because you could be talking OP like Chaze or Zaul.

One counter does mean its op. If your forced to run a particular thing just to counter it its op. This is a simple concept in balance in game design...

Except Rex isn't the only toon you can use to counter zMaul. Essentially any team with reliable tenacity up and/or cleanse can beat them. There's a plethora of youtube videos of people easily beating zMaul teams with Rogue One teams, Jedi teams, Nihilus teams, other zMaul teams, hybrid teams, etc.

Yea beating not good zaul teams. And those teams are scratching and clawing for wins on offense and get completely trashed on defense. If you really actually think zaul isn't op you're just lying to yourself.

Jedi and R1 elite built teams do easily beat elite zDM teams...and do not get trashed on D. They can even now stay in the top 20 to hold overnight on heavy Sith boards.

The players referencing Rex taking over ... that's going to keep happening because the true meta is Rex + Cleanse - and especially Rex + Chaze. Wait till more own the Chaze combo. zDM squads get moved in arena quite easily. I wouldn't waste my time and effort trying to get zDM nerfed - I'd get out ahead of the fake zDM meta and look really smart by calling for a Rex/Chaze/GK nerf.

Rex/chaze/GK + say Kylo combo is an anti Sith team only. It can be beaten by lots of teams and is in no way OP

Yep. Just switch your zaul and Nihilus around in most Zaul teams and you can tear through those in a breeze.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »

Or cg can grow some balls and actually lay down the nerf bat to make a more balanced game?

In my top 20, there are currently 13 leads that are NOT Zaul (so only about 1/3 Zaul). So either he is not OP, or all of the whales/dolphins/competitive F2P on November 2015 shard are ****.

It's not the latter.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*