Nerf Darth Maul's Zeta Now

12345679Next

Replies

• Options
    I have Zaul, I use Zaul. His lead allows me to beat teams I couldn't before. I used to be around rank 100 on my shard and now I can get at or below 20.

However, I hate it.

Fighting with Zaul feels like flipping a coin with no real strategy involved. I fight a team and get wiped out. I fight that same team again and I wipe them out. Completely random outcome based upon chance. No strategy or though involved.
  • SelfishFiend
    174 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have Zaul, I use Zaul. His lead allows me to beat teams I couldn't before. I used to be around rank 100 on my shard and now I can get at or below 20.

However, I hate it.

Fighting with Zaul feels like flipping a coin with no real strategy involved. I fight a team and get wiped out. I fight that same team again and I wipe them out. Completely random outcome based upon chance. No strategy or though involved.

20% chance to dodge shouldn't be even close to a coin flip. Such a low chance (in comparison to phasmas 20% chance to assist or whatever such as) should never carry you to victory. Sith dodge is too **** high.
  • Options
    There are many things that have a higher chance than 20% that never proc.

Has there been a verified report of what the "natural" dodge rate is? I may have missed something....but isn't a dodge leader adding the 20% to the Natural dodge rate so that it's actually above 20%? I thought at one time it was considered to be in the 5-10% range, such that adding in a 20% leader would push it to 25-30% effective dodge. Is that no longer the case?

Back when Dooku/Ben leads were dominant, I recorded video of my arena battles, and at my leisure reviewed them logging all dodges... Here were the results.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/491158/#Comment_491158
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

If the devs nerfed maul into the ground what do you think the reaction would be from everyone who threw all their resources into making a zaul team? It would be the biggest backlash in the history of this game. I use a zaul team along with 60%+ of my top 20 arena shard and they are far from unbeatable if you have some sense of strategy. This is exactly like the nerf cry for wiggs and now they're virtually nonexistent in the top 20
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There are many things that have a higher chance than 20% that never proc.

Has there been a verified report of what the "natural" dodge rate is? I may have missed something....but isn't a dodge leader adding the 20% to the Natural dodge rate so that it's actually above 20%? I thought at one time it was considered to be in the 5-10% range, such that adding in a 20% leader would push it to 25-30% effective dodge. Is that no longer the case?

Back when Dooku/Ben leads were dominant, I recorded video of my arena battles, and at my leisure reviewed them logging all dodges... Here were the results.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/491158/#Comment_491158

Sweet - so seems something in the range of 3-5% would seem to be the natural dodge rate looking at this data. Thanks!
  • Options
    ZalandasG wrote: »
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

If the devs nerfed maul into the ground what do you think the reaction would be from everyone who threw all their resources into making a zaul team? It would be the biggest backlash in the history of this game. I use a zaul team along with 60%+ of my top 20 arena shard and they are far from unbeatable if you have some sense of strategy. This is exactly like the nerf cry for wiggs and now they're virtually nonexistent in the top 20

Lol then atleast change the dodge chance description into something higher than 20% if maul users are in charge, this is ridiculous not sparta
  • Options
    And as if evasion down debuff characters are gonna work :D
  • Options
    20% tm at the start, cooldown increase that cant be resisted (nihilus) , tanky freak offense up attacker (opress) which on top of it all that will dodge you 90% of the time
  • Options
    just remove the 15% bonus to potency. fixes a lot more than zeta maul
  • Khaleesi1221
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    zMaul is fine

Sure, dodge is an annoying mechanic, but as others have said, there are counters

#snowflakes#keepup