Power Rating changes update megathread

Replies

• Options
    love it here's hoping fore mor activitys
  • Options
    Nerevaryne wrote: »
    Guys this is horrible!
    The new numbers reflect NOTHING but stars!

Seriously, guess which character got more power:
    -Sith trooper, Gear 10, full mods, 5 stars
    -IG88, gear 8, no mods, 7 stars

Yep, my absolutely useless IG88 is supposed to be stronger than my sith trooper according to the new numbers.

But that's not all, gear 8 Sun Fac with leftover mods is shown to be stronger than my g10-and-a-half sAss, my g8 acbar with leftover mods should be stronger than my g11 full mods Nihilus! All because sAss, sTrooper and Nihilus aren't 7* yet! This is hilarious, I could make a full rebel team, all gear 8 with poor mods and their cumulative power would exceed my g10-11 sith team!

What have you done people?!

They've done exactly what the community has been asking for.. /s

Yeah and you can wait for those people to spam the forum with threads like: Lost against a Team with 15k less power."My Team has 15k more power, why do i lose, mimimimi ....,fix that"
  • Options
    Darknessie wrote: »
    This should be interesting. I highly doubt it took 91MB to change the power ratings. Let's wait and see.

Power ratings are a false flag operation to sneak great new functions in!

Agree
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/118615/battles-gone-pink/p1
    Hiya!
    In an effort to push some graphics updates to improve performance, it appears some in game assets went wandering, leaving Ships and some Characters battling with glorious pinks blasts, or churning magenta exhaust.

Fret not! Our team is investigating the issue, and will soon push an update to rectify this. In the meantime, we'll be populating this thread with the posts that're trending. Cheers!

UPDATE01- Uninstall and reinstalling seems to rectify the problem. Apologies for the hiccup!

UPDATE 02- uninstalling/reinstalling may resolve this issue for some Players, but for those left in the lurch, our team is looking to rebuild these missing assets, but for now, the pink madness shouldn't affect gameplay apart from just beautifully rosy visuals

UPDATE 03-Whew, rebuilding takes time! Our team has worked well into the night to have this fix ready for a live push, but will hold off until tomorrow to ensure all's in order. We appreciate your patience and ask that you bear with us as we get this galactic rogue rectified.

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    i tried search but there are so many results. Can anyone Explain " What is Power " and "What does it do". i never care about Power in the arena(s) for matchups. i really don't get it "What's The Point" of this.
    Playing since the beginning. So confused :/
  • HardCase
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm gonna have to say this update is worthless as Eeth Koth still shows up pretty high in the power rankings. Nuff said.
  • Aachthor
    138 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon:
    The new power rating is total ridiculous !

A fully maxed SithAssa (Gear, Lvl, Abilities) with good mods except stars (only 5) has *LESS* power than a Gear 9 Fives at 7*, Lvl 85 with miserable mods.

Sorry, the new numbers are a total fail.
  • Options
    The new power only shows the effort you have to run to beat your opponent
  • Options
    i tried search but there are so many results. Can anyone Explain " What is Power " and "What does it do". i never care about Power in the arena(s) for matchups. i really don't get it "What's The Point" of this.

Power is not important in Arena. It's important in GW. The gw teams you face are based on your top 5 toons combined power. And until now the power of a hero was based slightly on gear and slightly on level. So you see, this way Zetas, Omegas and Higher gear(let's say a mk 10 piece) weren't really a factor. This way someone with 5 weekish top toons, with no zeta, could be matched against a team with 3+ Zetas. By adding the zetas, gear level, omegas, etc. to the Power algorithm, now people without Zetas shouldn't be matched against people with Zetas, unless they are extremely powerful.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    ...By adding the zetas, gear level, omegas, etc. to the Power algorithm, now people without Zetas shouldn't be matched against people with Zetas, unless they are extremely powerful.

Seems i'm not extremely, but godlike powerful if i'm matched wiht my uber powerful 0 zeta's against 5xZ team on node6, 5xZ team on node9 and 7xZ team on node 12. well, i'm actually flattered by the game's compliment :smiley:

I still need to put more effort to my OPness so i can face 10xZ teams with my 0 zetas installed ! :smiley:
  • Options
    I'm still not seeing a change in power levels nor any update whatsoever in the Google play store. I'm on android so this update should be available right?
  • Options
    I'm still not seeing a change in power levels nor any update whatsoever in the Google play store. I'm on android so this update should be available right?

Same here. I did unistall and install again the game but still nothing changed.
  • Options
    Regarding power level:

Big thanks to weigh higher gear level and especially ability level.

However who with minimal knowledge of the game would give the star level such a high impact?

This way triple cleanse will disappear from node 12 and appear in the beginning of gw due no zeta and viable with low star count.

IMO rating weight sequence should be:
    Gear level + pieces
    Ability level
    Mods
    Stars
    Character level
  • Options

Power is not important in Arena. It's important in GW. The gw teams you face are based on your top 5 toons combined power. And until now the power of a hero was based slightly on gear and slightly on level. So you see, this way Zetas, Omegas and Higher gear(let's say a mk 10 piece) weren't really a factor. This way someone with 5 weekish top toons, with no zeta, could be matched against a team with 3+ Zetas. By adding the zetas, gear level, omegas, etc. to the Power algorithm, now people without Zetas shouldn't be matched against people with Zetas, unless they are extremely powerful.

Thank U !!! Really Helpful o:)
  • CemSW
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf power calculation!
  • Options
    kejmo wrote: »
    ...By adding the zetas, gear level, omegas, etc. to the Power algorithm, now people without Zetas shouldn't be matched against people with Zetas, unless they are extremely powerful.

Seems i'm not extremely, but godlike powerful if i'm matched wiht my uber powerful 0 zeta's against 5xZ team on node6, 5xZ team on node9 and 7xZ team on node 12. well, i'm actually flattered by the game's compliment :smiley:

I still need to put more effort to my OPness so i can face 10xZ teams with my 0 zetas installed ! :smiley:

Same here. I did unistall and install again the game but still nothing changed.

It's been stated by Kozi, that this has NOT taken effect yet.
  • Saughter
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What I know is that it broke IG-88 (don't know about other droids) and Boba's basic which shoots purple lasers atm Screenshot_20170628-133309.png
  • Options
    Saughter wrote: »
    What I know is that it broke IG-88 (don't know about other droids) and Boba's basic which shoots purple lasers atm Screenshot_20170628-133309.png
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/118615/battles-gone-pink/p1
    Hiya!
    In an effort to push some graphics updates to improve performance, it appears some in game assets went wandering, leaving Ships and some Characters battling with glorious pinks blasts, or churning magenta exhaust.

Fret not! Our team is investigating the issue, and will soon push an update to rectify this. In the meantime, we'll be populating this thread with the posts that're trending. Cheers!

UPDATE01- Uninstall and reinstalling seems to rectify the problem. Apologies for the hiccup!

UPDATE 02- uninstalling/reinstalling may resolve this issue for some Players, but for those left in the lurch, our team is looking to rebuild these missing assets, but for now, the pink madness shouldn't affect gameplay apart from just beautifully rosy visuals

UPDATE 03-Whew, rebuilding takes time! Our team has worked well into the night to have this fix ready for a live push, but will hold off until tomorrow to ensure all's in order. We appreciate your patience and ask that you bear with us as we get this galactic rogue rectified.

It's literally 4-5 posts above..
  • Options
    Yeah srry saw it right after it's long ready 6 pages of people talking about the same thing x)
  • Options
    Yeah srry saw it right after it's long ready 6 pages of people talking about the same thing x)

Exactly. It's people asking the same questions.. You don't need to read 6 pages, just the last one, if there's nothing on there, then you can ask the question, even if it was already asked by someone else.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Exactly. It's people asking the same questions.. You don't need to read 6 pages, just the last one, if there's nothing on there, then you can ask the question, even if it was already asked by someone else.

There's the lazy guy we know and love. :wink:
  • Options
    Seems like some bugs were introduced in this update for ships: I just lost a battle because of 1 Biggs:
    1) instantly gaining full protection and extra protection from 0, and I swear the bar seemed much more pixelated from before which meant perhaps max protection increase? He was on the verge of death but instantly became 3 times his health. Commander was Akbar and only a single ship moved, forgot which. Return of the Biggs taunt bug?
    2) and Vader's tie couldn't remove his taunt: he was target locked and there was no "resisted" message yet the removal simply didn't happen
  • Espo
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Update issues: K2 is glitchie animation. I updated high emd mod to lvl 15 spending over 400000 credits and it simply didnt take and i had to do it again but it took the credits for the 1st time. I am also getting notifications saying my energy had bee refilled and it hasnt. Anyone else having any issues?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they fix whatever causes the extra large laser beams and sparks soon.
  • Options
    Whatever they did to gw today's was crazy. 3 maxed out zeta whale squads. At least I got a mix of a maul, kenobi 3 cleanse and a thrawn kenobi squad. Ugh
  • Options
    I'm definitely going to fall a lot on the ships. But okay, I'll work on it.

The problem is that after I run the update, my game is crashing a lot! It's like playing in stop motion hahaha What I gonna do?
  • Options

Power has always been worthless. I am glad time was taken to work on this. This is exactly what the majority of the playing community has been dying to see. I can't wait for it to hit iOS. I keep refreshing the app store, just hoping it will happen.

• CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever they did to gw today's was crazy. 3 maxed out zeta whale squads. At least I got a mix of a maul, kenobi 3 cleanse and a thrawn kenobi squad. Ugh

They already said that GW hasn't changed yet.
  • Options
    107 mb