• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    BeWary wrote: »
    This sounded crazy at first, but the Snoke is Mace Windu theory has some merit (IMO). Here's the vid on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBRxofNI3Y
    Snoke aint human
    Snoke aint black

Myth busted

Plus, have you heard descriptions of Munes? They look a LOT like Snoke, as disfigured as he is. Guess who is a Mune? Plagueis

I wonder if you've heard descriptions of Muuns. They look nothing like snoke.
    latest?cb=20090214195755
    Snoke-The_Force_Awakens_%282015%29.png

Snoke has a nose and ears.

Idk, maybe snoke could be human, but he definitely ain't a muun, and he definitely ain't black.

Also, in canon, we dont know what species plagueis is. Its not even clearly established whether he was palpatine's master. That was only "implied" according to fans.

And wait a second, there is a book literally titled Darth Plagueis. Old canon. It was not merely implied. He was literally his master in that book. It also said he was a muun from an ice planet, son of a wealthy banker

Again, not canon
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    This sounded crazy at first, but the Snoke is Mace Windu theory has some merit (IMO). Here's the vid on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBRxofNI3Y
    Snoke aint human
    Snoke aint black

Myth busted

Plus, have you heard descriptions of Munes? They look a LOT like Snoke, as disfigured as he is. Guess who is a Mune? Plagueis

latest?cb=20090214195755

Idk, maybe snoke could be human, but he definitely ain't a muun, and he definitely ain't black.

Also, in canon, we dont know what species plagueis is. Its not even clearly established whether he was palpatine's master. That was only "implied" according to fans.

And wait a second, there is a book literally titled Darth Plagueis. Old canon. It was not merely implied. He was literally his master in that book. It also said he was a muun from an ice planet, son of a wealthy banker

Again, not canon

You mean to say current canon? Plagueis doesn't exist in current canon at all :/
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Snoke aint human
    Snoke aint black

Myth busted

latest?cb=20090214195755

Again, not canon

You mean to say current canon? Plagueis doesn't exist in current canon at all :/

He exists, but all we know is that he was a sith lord at some point.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Snoke aint human
    Snoke aint black

Myth busted

latest?cb=20090214195755

Again, not canon

Yeah, maybe he is a gungan in the new canon
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Snoke aint human
    Snoke aint black

Myth busted

latest?cb=20090214195755

Again, not canon

Sigh. They better not change him as drastically as that if they do bring him in. I can accept him not being Sidious' master, if they must.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Let me start off, just from the header. Hang on! Vader has no father. And, now I continue to read..
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Wow this is long. I have to re-read Plagueis. Some of the article I'm like, heck no that's not how it was. Others, like the fight, I'm like, I really thought Plagueis only stared at Sidious as he died.

Are there any other books you guys know of on Plagueis? I've read a few Maul books that had him in it. Plagueis did not break the rule of two.
  • Options

That...was a much better answer than mine.
  • Options

Wow this is long. I have to re-read Plagueis. Some of the article I'm like, heck no that's not how it was. Others, like the fight, I'm like, I really thought Plagueis only stared at Sidious as he died.

Are there any other books you guys know of on Plagueis? I've read a few Maul books that had him in it. Plagueis did not break the rule of two.

The search continues.. I saw an article a while back that spoke of Lucas confirming he had originally intended to have DS confess to being Anakins father via the force and the teachings of Darth P. But cannot find it again.

• usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Maybe you all need to stop digging and accept the fact that snoke is just snoke ? Like finn is finn and kylo is ben, why cant you accept that its just a new villain and not someone from ogs, its a new canon, new villain, nothing special, no mystery
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    usho1 wrote: »
    Maybe you all need to stop digging and accept the fact that snoke is just snoke ? Like finn is finn and kylo is ben, why cant you accept that its just a new villain and not someone from ogs, its a new canon, new villain, nothing special, no mystery

What's the fun in life without wonder? Without imagination? Do you never postulate as to what the outcome of your actions will be before you do them? Or just perform and then see the results?
  • Options
    usho1 wrote: »

Because mysteries are a lot of fun. As humans, we have a need to solve mysteries and try to answer unanswered questions.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Snoke aint human
    Snoke aint black

Myth busted

latest?cb=20090214195755

Again, not canon

Jar jar?

It's R2. I know it. Plot twist.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    My guess is he is a clone of Palpatine that somehow got deranged and forgot who he was. The First Order was supposed to be the succession plan for the Empire should it ever fall (per the comics and several novels) so it would make sense it should have been led by its creator, the Emperor. Since the clone version got screwed up he had the power of the Dark side but not the knowledge of the Sith.

This makes no sense, same with the Mace Windu idea - although Snoke is horrifically scarred, he is clearly an alien race and not human. Palp & Mace are out.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Snoke aint human
    Snoke aint black

Myth busted

latest?cb=20090214195755

The fact that Plagueis was originally described as a Muun - this is now not considered cannon.

If Snoke is Plagueis, Disney does not have to follow the old cannon and make him a member of the Muun race.

Although the expanded universe is now considered legen and not cannon - Disney are constantly stealing pieces of that and making it cannon in their own way.

I still believe that Snoke could be Plagueis and given that some high ranking individuals are flat out denying it - makes it all the more possible in my opinion.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Snoke aint human
    Snoke aint black

Myth busted

latest?cb=20090214195755

The fact that Plagueis was originally described as a Muun - this is now not considered cannon.

If Snoke is Plagueis, Disney does not have to follow the old cannon and make him a member of the Muun race.

Although the expanded universe is now considered legen and not cannon - Disney are constantly stealing pieces of that and making it cannon in their own way.

I still believe that Snoke could be Plagueis and given that some high ranking individuals are flat out denying it - makes it all the more possible in my opinion.

much agreed!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry - messed up that last post, lol:

First off lets deal with what we know and can honestly specualte about Plagueis.

Sidious telling the story was of course a way to manipulate Anakin, but that does not mean to say it was all hog wash. When he talks about the murder of Plageuis he does so with a glee of satisfaction, as if it were his hand and he the apprentice that killed his master. Also for an ancient sith legend, Sidious seems to know a lot of details surrounding a mere myth.

The fact that Darth Plagueis was indeed the Sith Master to Darth Sidious is considered cannon:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

Again, the prophecy of the chosen one is that it was created by the force. Sidious goes on to explain that Plaguis had the power to manipulate the force to create life. If a mere force user is able to do this then there is technically nothing special about the chosen one being born from the force. This must have been an idea of Plagueis' only and was allowed to create life in this manner by the sheer will of the force - inadvertently creating Anakin. Unbeknown by Plagueis, he obviously created this being in the far reaches of the glalaxy in an unknown location to him and far from his grasp of control - therefore he was merely the vessel charged by the force to bring forth the chosen one.

As EU would have it, Plagueis in a Muun, but as that is no longer cannon - this is totally up in the air.

What is clear enough is that IF Plagueis did not die, Sidious believed he was dead, in order to assume the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith. Again, according to EU Sidious electrocuted Plagueis to death. IF Plagueis survived he would be horribly disfigured - as per Sidious, post-Mace Windu battle appearance.

In order for Plagueis to have survived, he would have been required to pass on the matle of Dark Lord of the Sith to Sidious - therefore no longer being a Sith himself. This is important as the Rule of Two remained intact - being Darth Sidious and Darth Maul at that time.

A reason as to why Plagueis would do such a thing is possibly because he knew he didn't actually control the force with the creation of a force being (the chosen one) and sought a higher power to do so - perhaps following a path of both light and dark, and would therefore need to break away from the sith. "He was able to save others from death...but not himself." Or was he?

If Sidious had any idea that Plagueis had survived he would have been a terrible threat to him. It is stated that Sidious was aware of a powerful presence beyond the outer rim (possibly Snoke. Plagueis or something else), hence the science space station located on Jakku, which was there to chart new hyperspace lanes into the unknown regions. This station was attacked at the battle of Jakku and was destroyed.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakku_Observatory

Therefore Snoke was able to witness both the rise and fall of the Empire and was able to salvage the remnants of the Empire. Snoke was also able to witness the chosen one and the Skywalker lineage left in his wake.

What we know about Snoke:

Sith No One Knew Existed

Where was he trained in the force? and how is he such an apparent strong and powerful user of the dark side? - because he possibly is/was Darth Plaguis the Wise

Why is he interested in Kylo's ability to struggle with and eventually harness the power of both light and dark? - Being "Wise" he saw the power of both dark and light and left the Sith Order, with his life intact to pursue a higher and more powerful goal.

Why is Snoke horribly disfigured? Because of what Sidious did to Plaguis, in order to "murder" his master.

What we know about Plagueis and Snoke:

Funny enough the music score in TFA during Snoke's scene is exactly that (same note and tune) of the music score played in ROTS during Palpatine's story of Plagueis to Anakin. This subtle piece of evidence binds the two characters together.

Check out this video re: Snoke is Plagueis theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMtalVzHQA

However, this theory that Snoke is Plagueis was apparently stated not to be true, however this could be a lie so that the impact remains when this is revealed, but like I say at the end of the day its a wait and see approach.

http://www.slashfilm.com/snoke-darth-plagueis-theory-debunked/
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    @Boo i have still not seen any canon evidence that plagueis was palpatine's master (no, wookiepedia doesn't count because thats written by fans)
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry - messed up that last post, lol:

First off lets deal with what we know and can honestly specualte about Plagueis.

Sidious telling the story was of course a way to manipulate Anakin, but that does not mean to say it was all hog wash. When he talks about the murder of Plageuis he does so with a glee of satisfaction, as if it were his hand and he the apprentice that killed his master. Also for an ancient sith legend, Sidious seems to know a lot of details surrounding a mere myth.

The fact that Darth Plagueis was indeed the Sith Master to Darth Sidious is considered cannon:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

Again, the prophecy of the chosen one is that it was created by the force. Sidious goes on to explain that Plaguis had the power to manipulate the force to create life. If a mere force user is able to do this then there is technically nothing special about the chosen one being born from the force. This must have been an idea of Plagueis' only and was allowed to create life in this manner by the sheer will of the force - inadvertently creating Anakin. Unbeknown by Plagueis, he obviously created this being in the far reaches of the glalaxy in an unknown location to him and far from his grasp of control - therefore he was merely the vessel charged by the force to bring forth the chosen one.

As EU would have it, Plagueis in a Muun, but as that is no longer cannon - this is totally up in the air.

What is clear enough is that IF Plagueis did not die, Sidious believed he was dead, in order to assume the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith. Again, according to EU Sidious electrocuted Plagueis to death. IF Plagueis survived he would be horribly disfigured - as per Sidious, post-Mace Windu battle appearance.

In order for Plagueis to have survived, he would have been required to pass on the matle of Dark Lord of the Sith to Sidious - therefore no longer being a Sith himself. This is important as the Rule of Two remained intact - being Darth Sidious and Darth Maul at that time.

A reason as to why Plagueis would do such a thing is possibly because he knew he didn't actually control the force with the creation of a force being (the chosen one) and sought a higher power to do so - perhaps following a path of both light and dark, and would therefore need to break away from the sith. "He was able to save others from death...but not himself." Or was he?

If Sidious had any idea that Plagueis had survived he would have been a terrible threat to him. It is stated that Sidious was aware of a powerful presence beyond the outer rim (possibly Snoke. Plagueis or something else), hence the science space station located on Jakku, which was there to chart new hyperspace lanes into the unknown regions. This station was attacked at the battle of Jakku and was destroyed.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakku_Observatory

Therefore Snoke was able to witness both the rise and fall of the Empire and was able to salvage the remnants of the Empire. Snoke was also able to witness the chosen one and the Skywalker lineage left in his wake.

What we know about Snoke:

Sith No One Knew Existed

Where was he trained in the force? and how is he such an apparent strong and powerful user of the dark side? - because he possibly is/was Darth Plaguis the Wise

Why is he interested in Kylo's ability to struggle with and eventually harness the power of both light and dark? - Being "Wise" he saw the power of both dark and light and left the Sith Order, with his life intact to pursue a higher and more powerful goal.

Why is Snoke horribly disfigured? Because of what Sidious did to Plaguis, in order to "murder" his master.

What we know about Plagueis and Snoke:

Funny enough the music score in TFA during Snoke's scene is exactly that (same note and tune) of the music score played in ROTS during Palpatine's story of Plagueis to Anakin. This subtle piece of evidence binds the two characters together.

Check out this video re: Snoke is Plagueis theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMtalVzHQA

However, this theory that Snoke is Plagueis was apparently stated not to be true, however this could be a lie so that the impact remains when this is revealed, but like I say at the end of the day its a wait and see approach.

All my knowledge and theory researched and formulated into one well written article. I like it! Though, after reading Thrawn, I began to wonder if his "great threat" was also linked to whom Sidious' had felt. If so, what happened to Thrawns people, who sought to defeat this presence. Will they end up joining together with the resistance to beat Snoke, or is there another story about their defeat.
  • Options
    Its Volderrmort or Roger from american dad
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Boo i have still not seen any canon evidence that plagueis was palpatine's master (no, wookiepedia doesn't count because thats written by fans)

Pablo Hidalgo is the Creative Executive of the Lucasfilm Story Group, the collective responsible for the official continuity of all things Star Wars. Nothing is canon unless Hidalgo says it’s canon.

So first off there is speculation whether or not Sidious was indeed apprenticed to Darth Plagueis and killed his own master.

Hidalgo says this: "Sidious killed Plagueis. Ascending to master. As is the way of the Sith".

So, it is considered cannon that Plagueis did exist and was killed by Sidious (his apprentice) who then became sith master.

It is important to note that Pablo says that Sidious killed Plagueis.

It is also important to note that Old Ben states Vader killed Anakin. - "Anakin fell to the dark side and when that happened he ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. So, what I told you (Luke) was true...from a certain point of view".

Perhaps Hidalgo is doing the same thing.

Plagueis wanted to learn more power by learning about the force in all its aspects - not just the dagmatic narrow view of the Jedi...or the Sith, but both.

In order to learn about the light side of the force, he could no longer be sith. He therefore faked his own death passing the mantle of Sith Master onto Darth Sidious.

When this happened Darth Plagueis ceased to be Sith and became Snoke. So what Hidalgo posted was true... from a certain point of view.
  • Options
    Well written Boo!
  • Options
    I hope he's a new original character but Idk, maybe thats too much to ask. And its extremely unlikely that he's plagueis. Disney/Lucasfilm is trying to distance themselves from the prequels as much as possible. TFA went out of its way to prove that the new movies are nothing like the PT.
    They avoided making TFA less like the prequels and exactly a soft reboot of ANH.
    Johus wrote: »
    It's Anakin Skywalker's Dad.

This would actually be really interesting if it happened. Like fat man size atomic bomb crazy.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Considering the Force itself is actually Anakin's father - I don't think Snoke will be Anakins "dad".

However if the force used Plagueis as a tool to create life (aka Anakin) and Plagueis does turn out to be Snoke, then yes, this will be the closest thing Anakin had to a biological father.
  • Options
    Considering the Force itself is actually Anakin's father - I don't think Snoke will be Anakins "dad".

However if the force used Plagueis as a tool to create life (aka Anakin) and Plagueis does turn out to be Snoke, then yes, this will be the closest thing Anakin had to a biological father.

Snoke is probably Rey's father since The Last Jedi seems from the trailers to be a retread of ESB.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt it - he is an alien. Surely Rey would have some features like her dad if she could be conceived at all.
  • Options
    I thought he was trolling lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    He probably was trolling, but the amount of ridiculous comments people on this forum actually and genuinely make - you never know, lol
  • Options
    You really don’t. Online sarcasm is so difficult to place