Who is Snoke?

1234568Next

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Johnson is getting a lot of backlash for TLJ. I hope it doesn't derail any plans for another trilogy.
    I seriously doubt it will have any effect, but, I won't take anything for granted.

Personally with how the new trilogy is going, and mind you I've yet to see the last jedi, I kinda hope that it just dies. I was born after the release of ROTJ and about a decade before TPM. I can't say that the prequels were entirely awful, they had their share of bad plot, script problems, ect. But that comes more from the fact that they had the name star wars and the name will get you to buy movie tickets and the dvds when they come out. just like any other franchise, it's the name that sells. The first one or two are good, then it doesn't matter. Now we're at the point where 7 wasn't an original, but a reboot like they did with robocop. Change enough to avoid copy write infringement, but basically the same, trying to recapture former glory. But like buying an overpriced game, with lootboxes, we allowed it to go this way.[/quote]

I don't think Disney worries about copyright infringement over a product they own, but I hear what you are saying.

All movies are going this way. After there used to be GREAT movies, they moved onto better effects that "wowed" audiences, so any need for a decent story or script went out the window.

Not effects aren't enough, so they throw humour into the mix. Most movies now are all effects and humour with poor scripts and stories and audiences aka the sheep otherwise known as the general public lap it up.

We need better stories.

I liked the last jedi mostly. I just don't think you should spend billions of dollars on a popular franchise to then turn around and take what it is that made it so special apart in order to rebuild it as your own - that to me makes no sense.

If Disney wanted to that then they should have just created a new franchise of something that was their own - its not surprising that they are getting backlash from fans.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Johnson is getting a lot of backlash for TLJ. I hope it doesn't derail any plans for another trilogy.
    I seriously doubt it will have any effect, but, I won't take anything for granted.

Personally with how the new trilogy is going, and mind you I've yet to see the last jedi, I kinda hope that it just dies. I was born after the release of ROTJ and about a decade before TPM. I can't say that the prequels were entirely awful, they had their share of bad plot, script problems, ect. But that comes more from the fact that they had the name star wars and the name will get you to buy movie tickets and the dvds when they come out. just like any other franchise, it's the name that sells. The first one or two are good, then it doesn't matter. Now we're at the point where 7 wasn't an original, but a reboot like they did with robocop. Change enough to avoid copy write infringement, but basically the same, trying to recapture former glory. But like buying an overpriced game, with lootboxes, we allowed it to go this way.

I don't think Disney worries about copyright infringement over a product they own, but I hear what you are saying.

All movies are going this way. After there used to be GREAT movies, they moved onto better effects that "wowed" audiences, so any need for a decent story or script went out the window.

Not effects aren't enough, so they throw humour into the mix. Most movies now are all effects and humour with poor scripts and stories and audiences aka the sheep otherwise known as the general public lap it up.

We need better stories.

I liked the last jedi mostly. I just don't think you should spend billions of dollars on a popular franchise to then turn around and take what it is that made it so special apart in order to rebuild it as your own - that to me makes no sense.

If Disney wanted to that then they should have just created a new franchise of something that was their own - its not surprising that they are getting backlash from fans.[/quote]

I would've been happy with the force awakens, if it hadn't been a reboot of ANH. I agree effects are in place of talented writers. But in a day where visuals stimulate the short attention span of this generation, we won't see anything good for a long time.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    That is very sadly true.
  • Options
    It can't be Mace, because he died without a lightsaber blow. In fact Snoke has a wound on the Head. Also, after I have seen SW The Last jedi, POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!! , he died like a stupid so It Can't be Mace or Plagueis, They were very powerful! Although I think It shouldn't be Plagueis, in episode IX they can put Snoke after his death. so this fact could demostrate that he is The legendary sith, Who can survive because he is able To control midicl
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Options
    It can't be Mace, because he died without a lightsaber blow. In fact Snoke has a wound on the Head. Also, after I have seen SW The Last jedi, POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!! , he died like a **** so It Can't be Mace or Plagueis, They were very powerful! Although I think It shouldn't be Plagueis, in episode IX they can put Snoke after his death. so this fact could demostrate that he is The legendary sith, Who can survive because he is able To control midicl

He did die like a **** making me think he is going go full darth maul in the next movie
  • Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    It can't be Mace, because he died without a lightsaber blow. In fact Snoke has a wound on the Head. Also, after I have seen SW The Last jedi, POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!! , he died like a **** so It Can't be Mace or Plagueis, They were very powerful! Although I think It shouldn't be Plagueis, in episode IX they can put Snoke after his death. so this fact could demostrate that he is The legendary sith, Who can survive because he is able To control midicl

He did die like a **** making me think he is going go full darth maul in the next movie

What if his clone was killed, not him?
    Maybe could explain why he didn't notice saber turning, and couldn't read kylos actual thoughts

In a couple books, Palpatine had clones
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    He never read actual thoughts he was only able to read intent. He sensed death and intent from kylo using a lightsaber.

Arrogance does not mean he wasn't powerful - Sidious was very powerful and as we know also arrogant.

I still think the plagueis idea is by far the best one out there, but some other theory that he is some being created by darkness from the unknown regions also works, although not as good.

In my mind - he was plagueis and since there is nothing to argue that factually it is my own belief and I am entitled to it.
  • Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    He never read actual thoughts he was only able to read intent. He sensed death and intent from kylo using a lightsaber.

Arrogance does not mean he wasn't powerful - Sidious was very powerful and as we know also arrogant.

I still think the plagueis idea is by far the best one out there, but some other theory that he is some being created by darkness from the unknown regions also works, although not as good.

In my mind - he was plagueis and since there is nothing to argue that factually it is my own belief and I am entitled to it.

I'm 99.99999% sure he read Rey's thoughts when he held her in the air

He even says "well if Luke's intention is to die I will go to the island and make it so" or something to that effect

How would he know that without reading her mind @Boo
  • Options
    Wait shouldn't this have been merged with the spoiler thread?
  • Options
    Johus wrote: »
    Palpatine. He survived the fall into the reactor and escaped before it blew.

Okay then, Maul
    Maul is dead if you haven't seen Star Wars Rebels

Spoilers tag pal. There's a reason we have one
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Johus wrote: »
    Palpatine. He survived the fall into the reactor and escaped before it blew.

Okay then, Maul
    Maul is dead if you haven't seen Star Wars Rebels

Spoilers tag pal. There's a reason we have one

Really - spoilers tag for a star wars movie released back in 1999? You honestly didn't know that Maul "died" in that movie?

And then made a come back in Star Wars the CLone Wars animated series in like 2012 - that 5 years ago!

Sorry but if you are upset by not knowing those basic star wars plots & stories - then what are you doing playing this game in the first place?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This thread won't die! lol

But this video is interesting:

https://youtu.be/WVXb7wTO2IQ

If The image/sybol of balance is of Snoke and he is a "prime" force user - then perhaps he is what ever the force needs him to be in order to maintain balance - whether he is good because the rise of darkness or bad because of the rise of light.

If Snoke is Luke's equaling balance in the force, perhaps he is dark because that is what the force needs him to be?

or

https://youtu.be/2oJsH0ZLS4U