An old foe reveals their true face [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    abadparker wrote: »
    Game update status edited today. Something is gonna about to happen

What do you mean by they edited the game update status? Any web links?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96655/game-update-status-11-1#latest

Ok thanks, I'll be checking that all the time from now on :lol: would love to see the new Rey unveiled soon

Hmm... it says prepping for hotfix. Which would mean it's a patch for bugs, not a release of new content.

Indeed, but still I'm happy to know that an update status thread exists
    "You demand a simple answer, refusing to look for it within. That is the essence of your failure." -Valkorion, the Immortal Emperor
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

What do you mean by they edited the game update status? Any web links?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96655/game-update-status-11-1#latest

Ok thanks, I'll be checking that all the time from now on :lol: would love to see the new Rey unveiled soon

Dont count it. We just got the announcement today.

True, but it would be the ultimate panic-farm-troll move by CG to reveal some OP ability set but NOT reveal that you do, in fact, need BB-8 at Gear 12 with both zetas AND every rebel in the game maxed out AND a sacrifice to the sun god etc, etc...
    "You demand a simple answer, refusing to look for it within. That is the essence of your failure." -Valkorion, the Immortal Emperor
  • Options
    I think it could be a general grievous rework. "Old foe" because he has been in the game for a long time and "true face" be cause he'll be the aggressive attacker after the rework, which he was supposed to be. Would be nice
  • Options
    No matter who the old foe is, he will be tagged as lightside and rebel and resistance and again and again ha..ha..ha
  • Options
    I hope it isn’t the force ghosts such as Anakin. I want it to be Darth Bane and possibly with Orbalisk armor (that could be too op but we have DN’s annihilate). Either Jar Jar Binks or Bane, what would the ghost’s even do? Give buffs like Hermit Yoda? I don’t think so.
  • Options
    I need to give my input to this thread:

Could it not be Palpatines Sentinal droid from the new Battlefront game trailer??

These droids literally have a hologram of PALPATINES FACE on them

Fair enough not his true face, but his face nonetheless.
  • Options

r u sure you do know this games forum how it works pal! they just release a "HotFix". before that they said prepping for a Hotfix (HotFix = fixing bugs) This is not a "Major Update". So That Means Nothing is Gonna about to Happen Big . Don't give to people FALSE ALERT pls...

PS: if u Trolling people; don't do it
  • Options

r u sure you do know this games forum how it works pal! they just release a "HotFix". before that they said prepping for a Hotfix (HotFix = fixing bugs) This is not a "Major Update". So That Means Nothing is Gonna about to Happen Big . Don't give to people FALSE ALERT pls...

PS: if u Trolling people; don't do it

I sent wrong one.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/139539/content-update-10-18-2017#latest

You can see it says that it edited on Nov 1.

And now I have another idea. If you look at the old updates, you'll see that they've mentioned "foe" once and They say "familiar foe". It was Thrawn event returning. Now they say Old Foe. Could it be a dark side team or character that already exists in the game since beginning. Like General Griveous finally?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Revan makes much sense. Revealing his true face doesn't really fit with the lore of his character, when for the most part, he doesn't even know his own true face. Jango Fett makes sense as there are thousands of people with his face, but only one person with his true face.
  • Options
    My brain hurts.
  • Options
    Gimme a break. Kallus. All day.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    I don't think Revan makes much sense. Revealing his true face doesn't really fit with the lore of his character, when for the most part, he doesn't even know his own true face. Jango Fett makes sense as there are thousands of people with his face, but only one person with his true face.

Jango never hid his "true face" for it to be revealed, unless you mean the tiny plot point where he deceives Obi-Wan.
  • Options
    Gimme a break. Kallus. All day.

I'd expect it from the Rebel-lovers who make the characters, they'll always make that faction twice as large and strong as any other one.
  • Options
    This hint wouldnt be revan since they would almost certainly use his mask since players created his face. Still saying kylo but well see.

Not necessarily, I know none of this is actually canon but I can't think of another word so..

In relation to the kotor games, the swtor mmo is canon and in that it's revealed that revan is male and shows his face, and that the exile from kotor 2 is female and even gives her a name which I can't think of right now

But yeah If they bring out revan my guess is they would use the mask just because it's recognisable
  • Options
    This hint wouldnt be revan since they would almost certainly use his mask since players created his face. Still saying kylo but well see.

Not necessarily, I know none of this is actually canon but I can't think of another word so..

In relation to the kotor games, the swtor mmo is canon and in that it's revealed that revan is male and shows his face, and that the exile from kotor 2 is female and even gives her a name which I can't think of right now

But yeah If they bring out revan my guess is they would use the mask just because it's recognisable

Meetra Surik is the Exile's name. But yes, you're correct about Revan's mask.
  • Phasmatron
    22 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    'An old foe reveals their true face'

Stormtroopers are one of the oldest foes created in terms of official movie/TV releases. The fact that there are multiple Stormtroopers backs up the plural part of the above statement.

The true face reveal could be Jango. That is the true face of a stormtrooper, right?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Phasmatron wrote: »

Stormtroopers are one of the oldest foes created in terms of official movie/TV releases. The fact that there are multiple Stormtroopers backs up the plural part of the above statement.

The true face reveal could be Jango. That is the true face of a stormtrooper, right?

Stormtroopers are just regular dude's.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    gives her a name which I can't think of right now
    Meetra Surik
    'The true face reveal could be Jango. That is the true face of a stormtrooper, right?
    Clone Trooper/Scout Trooper.
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I have been doing some research and think this may be in reference to Darth Marr! Thoughts?!?!
  • DARTHSINISTER69
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    "Darth Marr was a human male who was famous for never revealing his true face—the Dark Lord was perpetually encased in his "...
  • Options
    "Darth Marr was a human male who was famous for never revealing his true face—the Dark Lord was perpetually encased in his "...

Dude, if it was Marr, I was cry tears of joy. That would be pretty perfect.
  • Options
    I would love to be wrong, but I’m sure it’s just a new Kylo.

I’m hoping for Revan.
  • Options

Or we are getting Storm Trooper Luke as he is a Storm Trooper who reveals his face.
  • Options

I mean, if he never once shows his true face (even in death) then why would the hint at his reveal refer to him showing his true face?
  • Options

I don't see where people are getting the idea that it's a plural; the "their" exists simply to cover up the gender of the upcoming character.

Language aside, the Stormtroopers in the OT are mostly conscripts, not clones.
  • Options

I mean, if he never once shows his true face (even in death) then why would the hint at his reveal refer to him showing his true face?

That's true, we wouldn't know... unfortunate..
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Here's a brain twister...
    Gallius Rax and/or Rae Sloane

I know Rax died, but, correct me if I'm wrong, Sloane could be First Order now
  • Options

That's true, we wouldn't know... unfortunate..

Sadly it's not the time for a big Old Republic era hype yet, what with S4 of Rebels and TLJ. But we will one day have our moment, EU fans, and we'll relish in our Revans and Kreias and Valkorions. I'll be waiting.
  • Options
    Arotarius wrote: »

Or we are getting Storm Trooper Luke as he is a Storm Trooper who reveals his face.

haha that would be an epic troll
  • Options
    Hopefully nothing from the aftermath novels... That author shouldn't be allowed to touch anything Star Wars ever again.
This discussion has been closed.