Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    No, he's slow, even with my Lobot leader. He might be ok against an all Jedi squad though?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    dough wrote: »
    a Bronzium pull over the weekend netted me a **-star Magnaguard - is there any upside whatsoever to leveling up this toon? everything I've read about him here is far from a glowing appraisal... being a droid aficionado, perhaps you've got some insight that I've overlooked? please and thank you.

fwiw, I'm player lvl 57, my top 6:

HK-47 gear VII
    QGJ gear VII
    Lumi gear VII
    GS gear VII
    88 gear VII
    86 gear VI

@dough

Magnaguard aka IG100 isn't great in the current meta, even after the buff he still feels underwhelming.

So far I haven't seen anyone use him in the top ranks.

Your top 6 doesn't have a 'tank'. So I would recommend either getting Poe or RG.

With your current top 6, you can do two teams, one is a classic droid team and another one a QGJ lead team.

HK47 (leader)
    IG86
    IG88
    GS
    Lumi/QGJ

The other one is

QGJ (leader)
    Lumi
    IG86
    IG88
    GS

Open up the light side/dark side battles and work on gearing all your characters to gear VIII. Work on IG88 first and get him to 7* then work on HK47 as they both use arena tokens. Get IG86 to 7* first as he's deadly with crits and assists. He can be farmed from cantina, hard nodes, and GW. Farm GS to 7* and don't stop for any other character. Later on, at level 70 u can upgrade his gear to IX and he become very fast and hit for massive damage. Lumi is another hero for you to 7* as she's invaluable for GW as she's one of the best healer (Barriss is invaluable too for her health equalisation).

• dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    thanks a bunch, Reyia!

forgot to mention, also have a 6* Admiral Ackbar... does he fit into the scheme of things with the two teams you mentioned?
  • Options
    So I ran into a really tough half droid team and wanted thoughts on it. It has sid as leader, 86 88 poggle and poe. Since I have all these maxed already except poe. Was thinking of trying this team with rg in place of poe since he has a fast taunt, but unsure if poe's speed is really what makes this go. Thoughts?
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    @Reyia
    I want to post back and say thank you for all your help, revitalizing my Droid love. I had not given thought to putting Poggle as lead and dropping HK. I have a mean speed team (QGJ, Rey, Anakin, Dooku, GS) but it really is boring in this speed meta, where is the 10k crit? My droid doesn't drop to the bottom of the hill anymore in ranks over night, I'm assuming people don't want to deal with my team unless it is in the #1 spot.

Question I'm attempting to research however, is how much speed does Poggle give our Droids?
  • Options
    Lobot leading 88 86 Poe Elder is nice in GW. Dramatically increases survivability
  • Options
    86 is a beast. He is the anti taunt. One of the best in game IMO. He hits so consistently. I change my builds often in arena to keep it interesting and now he, like GS before him a couple months ago, has made it so I simply can't swap him out. Seriously I do a little happy dance when he is called to assist. When poor Han or RG taunt I shed a tear of pity knowing Han is a 1 shot kill with my death dealing droid, and RG can't hold out long from an 86 special followed by a GS blast. IG-86 has my vote as best droid. Fits everywhere really, except a pure speed build or pure AOE or tank.
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    86 is a beast. He is the anti taunt. One of the best in game IMO. He hits so consistently. I change my builds often in arena to keep it interesting and now he, like GS before him a couple months ago, has made it so I simply can't swap him out. Seriously I do a little happy dance when he is called to assist. When poor Han or RG taunt I shed a tear of pity knowing Han is a 1 shot kill with my death dealing droid, and RG can't hold out long from an 86 special followed by a GS blast. IG-86 has my vote as best droid. Fits everywhere really, except a pure speed build or pure AOE or tank.

I totally agree 86 is awesome and one of the easiest characters to farm too! It really is a no brainier...

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    thanks a bunch, Reyia!

forgot to mention, also have a 6* Admiral Ackbar... does he fit into the scheme of things with the two teams you mentioned?

@dough

Admiral Ackbar has rebel synergies and would work better with rebels. I don't think he has a place in a fast paced droids team. You need damage and crits as droids work best in offensive situations. They are not teams with huge health like tanks with healers sustaining them. Droid tactics involve precision strikes, rapid fire weapons, quashing the opposition, and aggressively assaulting enemies. Sometimes involve causing mayhem among meatbags.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    So I ran into a really tough half droid team and wanted thoughts on it. It has sid as leader, 86 88 poggle and poe. Since I have all these maxed already except poe. Was thinking of trying this team with rg in place of poe since he has a fast taunt, but unsure if poe's speed is really what makes this go. Thoughts?

@Satchel_Paige

That team is designed to dish out MASSIVE AOE damage. Let me explain how.

Sid as leader gives all allies 14% Critical Chance and 20% Critical Damage. Sid goes first with demoralizing blows which deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns. This attack inflicts an additional Damage Over Time effect on a Critical Hit.

Poggle with a speed of 144 goes before Poe with 142 speed. Poggle buffs and all allies gain Offense Up for 3 turns. In addition, Droid allies gain Speed Up for 3 turns and Poggle the Lesser has a 25% chance to gain 40% Turn Meter.

Poe taunt for 2 turns and remove 25% Turn Meter from each enemy, with a 50% chance to also Expose them for 2 turns.

IG-88 has +45% Critical Damage and deals 15% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect. With Sid's AOE and Poe's expose the damage IG 88 can inflict is phenomenal.

IG-86 assists and pick off who is left.

If you don't have a high speed team you start your turn with 2-3 heroes dead and the rest with low health. So it isn't Poe's speed that makes that team go. It's the synergy of debuffs, Offense Up, IG88 adaptive aim algorithm, expose, turn meter down that makes this team lethal.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    @Reyia
    I want to post back and say thank you for all your help, revitalizing my Droid love. I had not given thought to putting Poggle as lead and dropping HK. I have a mean speed team (QGJ, Rey, Anakin, Dooku, GS) but it really is boring in this speed meta, where is the 10k crit? My droid doesn't drop to the bottom of the hill anymore in ranks over night, I'm assuming people don't want to deal with my team unless it is in the #1 spot.

Question I'm attempting to research however, is how much speed does Poggle give our Droids?

@Anraeth

Pleasure to have your love re-instated! Indeed Poggle makes huge crits possible!

The description of Speed Up is very vague and it's not stated anywhere. I would presume it's about 25-35%.

I can't find any exact stats on the two major SW sites.

SWGOH cantina

SWGOH database
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    ...causing mayhem among meatbags.

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Lobot leading 88 86 Poe Elder is nice in GW. Dramatically increases survivability

@Mephisto_style Have you tried using Lobot in arena? Or do u use Lobot only in GW. EE is our guild mascot so everyone has to farm him or get kicked out of guild. He seems to be a strong hidden gem with revive.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I used to run that team before speed teams were common. It still is a great team, however I prefer Poggle lead. GS is too good to pass up, and with a 149 speed can burst down a Rey before she gets a turn. That is primarily why I don't run that setup anymore.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    ...causing mayhem among meatbags.

@dough haha HK47 ability :D

CyhDbM8.png

Rey: "did anyone fart?"
    Yoda: Strong smell I sense.
    GS: Warning weapons of mass nauseation detected
    RG: *cough cough* I'm dying.
  • Options

@Mephisto_style Have you tried using Lobot in arena? Or do u use Lobot only in GW. EE is our guild mascot so everyone has to farm him or get kicked out of guild. He seems to be a strong hidden gem with revive.

I only have Lobot at 4* gear 8 lvl 70. Sids aoe takes half his life. GW lets you strategize more with him, and I usually compete top20, with most GW battles seeming top 50. So mine is just not there yet, but I do think Lobot droids would be top 40 viable.

I just got my Elder to 5* this morning!
    Scout to 4
  • Options
    I have a question. I want to start using a droid team in arena, but I'm not sure if I have the best setup. Currently I have:

HK-47 (L) L68 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L61 4* Gear VII

IG-86 L56 5* Gear VI

IG-88 L51 4* Gear VII

GS L50 3* Gear VII

Of course I still have a lot of farming to do, but is this team (once decently leveled) good for arena or do I need a tank? I don't have Poe, so that might be an issue.
  • Bigal
    85 posts Member
    Options
    So i have a question of my own how do you beat QGJ, Rey, Yoda, Lumi, Gs teams with droids?
    Another popular is QGJ, Rey, Yoda, Rg, GS
  • Options
    After a bit of grinding I've finally activated all Droid characters some stronger then others may have to find a way to incorporate some Droid toons into my squad
  • Options

I only have Lobot at 4* gear 8 lvl 70. Sids aoe takes half his life. GW lets you strategize more with him, and I usually compete top20, with most GW battles seeming top 50. So mine is just not there yet, but I do think Lobot droids would be top 40 viable.

Scout to 4

I have Lobot at 6* gear 9 all maxxed ability except for basic which has 1 more upgrade to go and yes, it is top 40 viable but I can't consistently break top 20. Perhaps this might be possible when my Lobot is 7* and my Poe is further upgraded?

Running Lobot, 88, 86, Poggle, Poe.

Right now my Poe is also only 6* and still needs a couple of abilities upgraded. My Droids are fully maxxed.

The main issue I have is my entire server is populated with QGJ, Dooku, Yoda, GS teams. Even with the speed boost, droids are slower than those guys until after the Poggle buff which unfortunately, comes after all the above toons.
  • Options

Scout to 4

I have Lobot at 6* gear 9 all maxxed ability except for basic which has 1 more upgrade to go and yes, it is top 40 viable but I can't consistently break top 20. Perhaps this might be possible when my Lobot is 7* and my Poe is further upgraded?

Right now my Poe is also only 6* and still needs a couple of abilities upgraded. My Droids are fully maxxed.

The main issue I have is my entire server is populated with QGJ, Dooku, Yoda, GS teams. Even with the speed boost, droids are slower than those guys until after the Poggle buff which unfortunately, comes after all the above toons.

^ exactly what I figured but he is amazing at times in GW. Worth it for that to me. I am passively upping lobot
  • Options

Scout to 4

^ exactly what I figured but he is amazing at times in GW. Worth it for that to me. I am passively upping lobot

Definitely a star in GW with a droid team, I can count on my droid team to get me past at least one fully maxxed opposing team, often two. He's especially good against Vader, Sid and Phasma or any debuff AoE opponent.

I usually run mine in battle 11 and use what's left to soften up the opposition in round 12.
    Typically I'll lose Poe in round 11 then I throw in HK to begin round 12.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Bigal wrote: »
    So i have a question of my own how do you beat QGJ, Rey, Yoda, Lumi, Gs teams with droids?
    Another popular is QGJ, Rey, Yoda, Rg, GS

@Bigal First one too easy. Just use the classic Poggle team and you will be fine. I'll update my post with pictures later on when I find the exact combo in my images.

The second team is easy too. Here's a sample battle which I posted in my diary.

Rank 1 whale team so scary. Hope my squad doesn't get bullied.
    WEHrzhr.png

Assembling assault squad. Chose HK47 to be able to withstand OHKO (one hit KO) toons.
    mx54uGz.png

I didn't like QGJ so I OHKO'd him.
    UweHtLE.png

RG's taunt came up. Had to get through him first before other members could be reached.
    L1dqAWo.png

That pungent green gas from HK47 was very potent.
    Rey: "did anyone fart?"
    Yoda: Strong smell I sense.
    GS: Warning weapons of mass nauseation detected
    RG: *cough cough* I'm dying.
    CyhDbM8.png

Rey too OP. Had to eliminate her.
    iLBnsxh.png

Yoda too OP. Stole all my buffs.
    efrB07C.png

Why are u pointing your gun at my Poe GS?
    p9kmkhh.png

Incoming projectile towards enemy GS.
    EahjIRh.png

Green fireball and black fireball came out from GS's gun.
    4TGniDp.png

Poe stood bravely against enemy shots.
    Lxal7q6.png
    U2JaTfj.png
  • Options
    @Jabberwocky today was really rough 10th GW nattle for me. Luckily my arsenal is really coming along
  • Options
    @Jabberwocky today was really rough 10th GW nattle for me. Luckily my arsenal is really coming along

Nice. :) After the last update, I saw a big jump in GW difficulty but I still manage to finish everyday, just need to do 2-3 resets whereas before it was only once in a blue moon I'd have to retreat.

When I first started I didn't focus on my arena squad and spread myself thin but it really helped once GW got unlocked.
  • goobstoob
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

wouldn't this team be terrible at defense though? it seems to largely depend on 88 getting his AOE off which will never happen in the current meta of QGJ assist plus other team's sidious/dookus
  • Options
    thanks a bunch, Reyia!

@dough

Admiral Ackbar has rebel synergies and would work better with rebels. I don't think he has a place in a fast paced droids team. You need damage and crits as droids work best in offensive situations. They are not teams with huge health like tanks with healers sustaining them. Droid tactics involve precision strikes, rapid fire weapons, quashing the opposition, and aggressively assaulting enemies. Sometimes involve causing mayhem among meatbags.

@Reyia

I like what you did there, very clever!
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    @Reyia

@Anraeth

Pleasure to have your love re-instated! Indeed Poggle makes huge crits possible!

The description of Speed Up is very vague and it's not stated anywhere. I would presume it's about 25-35%.

I can't find any exact stats on the two major SW sites.

SWGOH cantina

SWGOH database

@Anraeth @Reyia

The link below explains all buffs and debuffs. Speed up is +25%.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/positive-and-negative-status-effects-explained/
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    thanks a bunch, Reyia!

@dough

@Reyia

I like what you did there, very clever!

@KamikazeRhombus Thanks, I couldn't resist a droids punchline! :D
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@DarthMasterShawn Well said! IG86 would fit most teams and if someone didn't experience a droid yet in a team could try IG86 first. Considering Feb login rewards was IG86 shards one can easily bring him to a usable star and gear to try him out. Shards of IG86 can be found in GW shipments, LS 4-D, DS 2-F, and cantina battle 4-E.