Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Peanut wrote: »
    Need a droid clan/guild

Lol this is not a recruitment thread but hey good idea! I might start a droid clan with my alt as leader. Just need 35 more members then we will rule the galaxy with our droids! I'll choose a target and everyone should send their IG86 for tactical droid assassination. Otherwise it's a kick from guild.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Options
    @fberbert hey!
    I used him in 2 different formations. Neither actually with droids.
    Poggle L
    GS
    GG
    RG
    Rey

And
    GG L
    Poggle
    RG
    Rey
    Barriss

Both worked good. But team with Barriss was better on D
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    I'M thinking about getting a droid from Arena Tokens i have 30 tokens left to max my Sid, what droid should i get? Im hoping to use one to help on GW with high damage. I was thinking about Hk-47 for his revive any advise?

For high damage u can't go past IG88. With Poggle buff and with Sid AOE you are looking at 9-10k AOE crit damage as IG88 deals 15% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect.

Thanks i think i give him ago, the droids appeal more to me than any others in arena.

Great! You could use IG88 in your GW. In arena the QGJ lead teams tend to kill both IGs in first turn as they are pretty squishy. I use IG88 in my arena squad in alt and still manage to end top 3 at prize giving time despite his low health.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    I'M thinking about getting a droid from Arena Tokens i have 30 tokens left to max my Sid, what droid should i get? Im hoping to use one to help on GW with high damage. I was thinking about Hk-47 for his revive any advise?

For high damage u can't go past IG88. With Poggle buff and with Sid AOE you are looking at 9-10k AOE crit damage as IG88 deals 15% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect.

Thanks i think i give him ago, the droids appeal more to me than any others in arena.

Great! You could use IG88 in your GW. In arena the QGJ lead teams tend to kill both IGs in first turn as they are pretty squishy. I use IG88 in my arena squad in alt and still manage to end top 3 at prize giving time despite his low health.

That's great, how many ranks do you fall the next day? I had to pull the plug on my Droid team, though I typically finish in the top 5 every day. I got tired of falling back to mid 20s or 30s the next day on my server.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

That's great, how many ranks do you fall the next day? I had to pull the plug on my Droid team, though I typically finish in the top 5 every day. I got tired of falling back to mid 20s or 30s the next day on my server.

@Anraeth I don't fall that much usually. And even if I do it would be real easy to jump up again. Usually I fall to below 10. I finish 1 every day for about a month now. It's not a big fall, I have guildies who fall hundreds of ranks in a night! It all depends on the server... some are more active than others!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Droids vs Jedis
    https://youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q
    I want those two destroyer droids with shield generators as anti QGJ/Jedi meta.
  • Options
    Query: Will droids ever have the speed necessary to counter the QGJ meta?

Statement: Jawa Engineer is on the way.

Mocking statement: Oh, master- the meatbags have no chance against superior droid technology!
  • Gatsby
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    "I don't fall that much usually. And even if I do it would be real easy to jump up again. Usually I fall to below 10. I finish 1 every day for about a month now."

Do you always snipe 1st near the reset @Reyia
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    @Anraeth I don't fall that much usually. And even if I do it would be real easy to jump up again. Usually I fall to below 10. I finish 1 every day for about a month now. It's not a big fall, I have guildies who fall hundreds of ranks in a night! It all depends on the server... some are more active than others!

Do you always snipe 1st near the reset? [/quote]

I usually place 1st or 2nd. I have two teams, my Droid team than my speed team. When I try to use my droid team, its great on offense as you well know, however on defense. It seems on my server they are pushed far behind where I have to spend crystals to catch back up to the top 10 where my speed team does not. Perhaps I'm using the wrong configuration would you and Reyia mind telling us your current team? My droid team is usually HK, 88,86, GS, Poggle. I have Poe as well but I fall a lot more when I use him, sometimes I'll put QGJ in there in place of Poggle in hopes of another crit assist.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    MerleDixon wrote: »

Mocking statement: Oh, master- the meatbags have no chance against superior droid technology!

@MerleDixon

G'day and welcome to my helpline! Haha we could see a big meta change just like now with QGJ. If Jawa Engineer is farmable and does his job well it could well mean a complete change in the droid teams formation. With enough speed and rez it would be like QGJ lead teams with Daka.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    "I don't fall that much usually. And even if I do it would be real easy to jump up again. Usually I fall to below 10. I finish 1 every day for about a month now."

Do you always snipe 1st near the reset @Reyia

@Gatsby
    After reset sometimes I fight one or two battles but I know for eg @Bryan1986 who's on my server gets his prize at 11 a.m my time. So I leave the top spot for him and try to stay low say rank 5-9. Then I start climbing after that time with my last one at around my local prize giving time at 6 p.m.
  • Andrico
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi, Reyia! I've been top 100 on an old shard for a while now, managed to stay in the top 50 even after the Poe speed nerf for a little while. I've been slacking the past couple weeks, picking and choosing my battles, sometimes not even doing all 5 battles, let alone refreshing once. Heck, today I didn't do any arena before the reset and still finished just out of the top 50. I've been running HK-47(L), 86, 88, Poggle, Poe.

How would you build a team with the following heroes:

4* HK-47, Max gear (stopped spending Arena Tokens on him when I realized Eeth Koth was the only 5th Jedi I could get to 7* in time for the second wave of the Yoda event)

7* Poggle, Max gear + abilities

5* Geo Soldier, Gear VIII just missing the 50-component piece (just finished farming Mace for the Yoda event, started farming GS again)

7* IG-86, Max gear minus 50-component piece

7* IG-88, Max gear

6* Poe, Max gear minus 50-component piece

Thanks in advance! :smile:

P.S. Who would you give the first +60 Physical Damage piece to? GS, 86, or *shh* QGJ? I'm leaning GS since it opens up four(?) more gear slots at IX.

P.P.S. Should I keep buying Poe shards up to 7*, or spend Cantina Credits elsewhere? I had put Poe on hold to get QGJ to 7* for the Yoda event.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

Do you always snipe 1st near the reset?

I usually place 1st or 2nd. I have two teams, my Droid team than my speed team. When I try to use my droid team, its great on offense as you well know, however on defense. It seems on my server they are pushed far behind where I have to spend crystals to catch back up to the top 10 where my speed team does not. Perhaps I'm using the wrong configuration would you and Reyia mind telling us your current team? My droid team is usually HK, 88,86, GS, Poggle. I have Poe as well but I fall a lot more when I use him, sometimes I'll put QGJ in there in place of Poggle in hopes of another crit assist.[/quote]

@Anraeth
    I usually get zero competition at prize giving time so I don't need to snipe. Sure I'll tell you my composition. My current one is Poggle (leader), GS, IG86, IG88, and Poe. HK47 is used interchangeably instead of IG88 depending on the team that I will attack. I don't have a speed team in alt, only a droid one, which is used both on offense and defense. You can check my Diary to see pics of my team daily and how they perform scene by scene versus whoever I choose to fight that day.

Reyia's Diary
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Andrico wrote: »
    Hi, Reyia! I've been top 100 on an old shard for a while now, managed to stay in the top 50 even after the Poe speed nerf for a little while. I've been slacking the past couple weeks, picking and choosing my battles, sometimes not even doing all 5 battles, let alone refreshing once. Heck, today I didn't do any arena before the reset and still finished just out of the top 50. I've been running HK-47(L), 86, 88, Poggle, Poe.

How would you build a team with the following heroes:

4* HK-47, Max gear (stopped spending Arena Tokens on him when I realized Eeth Koth was the only 5th Jedi I could get to 7* in time for the second wave of the Yoda event)

7* Poggle, Max gear + abilities

5* Geo Soldier, Gear VIII just missing the 50-component piece (just finished farming Mace for the Yoda event, started farming GS again)

7* IG-86, Max gear minus 50-component piece

7* IG-88, Max gear

6* Poe, Max gear minus 50-component piece

Thanks in advance! :smile:

P.S. Who would you give the first +60 Physical Damage piece to? GS, 86, or *shh* QGJ?

@Andrico

Hi Andrico! Do use up your arena battles daily! It's a great source of tokens and crystals.

Out of your heroes I would do a Poggle lead team with your two IGs and GS. Do star up GS to 7* and he'll help you advance aggressively in arena pardon the pun. That's my current team and there's no team I can't beat.

Poggle (lead), IG86, IG88, GS, and Poe. Give the last piece of gear to GS. I've just maxed out GS gear on my main a few hours and he's one of the best dps around. Easy clear to top and defends well.
    cr9gUhA.png

You are welcome! Thanks for using my helpline and have a good one!
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Pooket wrote: »
    Hello droidies!

I need some advice. I just got poggle to 7* so I now have lumi and ig86 at 7*

What should I do with my GW shipments now?.

FYI I don't have phasma - is it worth investing in her?

I have the other droids and GS, po, Sid and Daka at high levels

Was wondering about spending on datcha, I have him at 4* as this charcter dropped early for me in the game. But may hold off and see if/when the engineer appears if it is farmable. A chromium only charcter is no use to me and so the whole droid/jawa synergy may not be an option.

Answers on a postcard please...

@Pooket

Phasma is definitely worth investing. She's my first 7* in my main account and she's still in use in my arena team consisting of QGJ leadership. I finish top 2 in arena in main every day. Usually holds defense well and I don't drop below 10, so do farm her.

A typical match starts with my QGJ doing a harmonious assault. GS attacks, my Poe taunts, then I use Victory March from Phasma to gain 50% turn meter and Advantage. Battle is decided already.

Now put Daka in team and people will be intimidated and will be attacking your team less often as she keeps reviving under AI control plus revives fallen allies.

So farm Phasma first then decide on Datcha waiting on farm-ability of engineer.

Thanks reyia,

I don't have GGJ but do have Daka and the other characters mentioned. So may start on phasma. Suppose I can always switch is jawas become the new thing.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hello droidies!

I need some advice. I just got poggle to 7* so I now have lumi and ig86 at 7*

What should I do with my GW shipments now?.

FYI I don't have phasma - is it worth investing in her?

I have the other droids and GS, po, Sid and Daka at high levels

Was wondering about spending on datcha, I have him at 4* as this charcter dropped early for me in the game. But may hold off and see if/when the engineer appears if it is farmable. A chromium only charcter is no use to me and so the whole droid/jawa synergy may not be an option.

Answers on a postcard please...

@Pooket

Phasma is definitely worth investing. She's my first 7* in my main account and she's still in use in my arena team consisting of QGJ leadership. I finish top 2 in arena in main every day. Usually holds defense well and I don't drop below 10, so do farm her.

A typical match starts with my QGJ doing a harmonious assault. GS attacks, my Poe taunts, then I use Victory March from Phasma to gain 50% turn meter and Advantage. Battle is decided already.

Now put Daka in team and people will be intimidated and will be attacking your team less often as she keeps reviving under AI control plus revives fallen allies.

So farm Phasma first then decide on Datcha waiting on farm-ability of engineer.

Thanks reyia,

I don't have GGJ but do have Daka and the other characters mentioned. So may start on phasma. Suppose I can always switch is jawas become the new thing.

You are welcome Pooket. Do work on Phasma and farm QGJ. He's a beast. Such a powerful hero for free in cantina shipments. Why not?
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    You are welcome Pooket. Do work on Phasma and farm QGJ. He's a beast. Such a powerful hero for free in cantina shipments. Why not?

Have started on phasma today 10 shards in the bank! (quite a way to go...)

Just need to finish poe's 6th star then I'll get on the case with QGJ. At least he is already sitting at 4 so that's a head start.

Side note - finished arena in 8th today! My highest ever.
    Go droids! :-)

• Wibble
    78 posts Member
    Options
    My droid-Geo hybrid team is starting to get me the number 1 prize regularly now. It would have been the third time today except that yesterday I won 1st ten seconds too late :(

I've started farming IG-88 and Dathcha simultaneously. Dathcha for my anti-droid / droid-jawa squad, IG-88 just because it seems pointless half-farming droids. I'm tempted to boost my 3* Jawa for the potential jawa extension as well, but there are just too many targets to farm.
  • AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My poor droids can't touch the #1 today. QGJ, Yoda, RG, Rey and Daka. Holy cow. I've tried 8-9 times and I've gotten close only once.

I've tried 4 or 5 different squad setups and nothing. It's brutal. I'm stuck at #4, which isn't bad considering I've only ever gotten #13 as my highest rank and I usually hang top 50. Spending some crystals worked as an investment today. Let's see how it goes long-term. I'd be happy with top 20 every day until I beef up a bit.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

Just need to finish poe's 6th star then I'll get on the case with QGJ. At least he is already sitting at 4 so that's a head start.

@Pooket

Nice... keep working on Phasma. She's useful in arena and GW.

Same I got my Poe to 6* then started working on QGJ again. Going all the way to 7* then I'll work on Poe to 7*.

Great job in getting rank 8!! Go Pooket's droids! :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

I thibk we are in the same server, arent we?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Wibble wrote: »
    My droid-Geo hybrid team is starting to get me the number 1 prize regularly now. It would have been the third time today except that yesterday I won 1st ten seconds too late :(

I've started farming IG-88 and Dathcha simultaneously. Dathcha for my anti-droid / droid-jawa squad, IG-88 just because it seems pointless half-farming droids. I'm tempted to boost my 3* Jawa for the potential jawa extension as well, but there are just too many targets to farm.

@Wibble

Well done!! You see droids are far from extinct. They will still be a force to be reckoned with no matter how the meta changes.

Just concentrate on a single hero in each location, so IG88 from arena and Dathcha from GW. Jawa can always be farmed later from Cantina 2D anyways so you don't need to do so now.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    My poor droids can't touch the #1 today. QGJ, Yoda, RG, Rey and Daka. Holy cow. I've tried 8-9 times and I've gotten close only once.

I've tried 4 or 5 different squad setups and nothing. It's brutal. I'm stuck at #4, which isn't bad considering I've only ever gotten #13 as my highest rank and I usually hang top 50. Spending some crystals worked as an investment today. Let's see how it goes long-term. I'd be happy with top 20 every day until I beef up a bit.

@AnonymousLlama

It's not the squad setup which is important in this case, it's who u kill first. Focus all your firepower on Daka and get her down first. She is bugged in that she can revive herself. RG taunt will pop up if you can't finish her. Get RG down ASAP and then Daka if you couldn't one shoot her in first turn. Then get Rey down next. After those three are dead the remaining QGJ and Yoda won't be too hard to finish off.

Great job in getting rank four! Top 20 is very competitive so if you can stay there you have done well. I'll write up a post later about current squad formations which are viable in the current speed meta.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

@AnonymousLlama

It's not the squad setup which is important in this case, it's who u kill first. Focus all your firepower on Daka and get her down first. She is bugged in that she can revive herself. RG taunt will pop up if you can't finish her. Get RG down ASAP and then Daka if you couldn't one shoot her in first turn. Then get Rey down next. After those three are dead the remaining QGJ and Yoda won't be too hard to finish off.

Great job in getting rank four! Top 20 is very competitive so if you can stay there you have done well. I'll write up a post later about current squad formations which are viable in the current speed meta.
    Daka can be brutal on defensive ai.
    It's the only reason I use her in my team so she can defend later on because usually her revives don't work so well when I use them but today they did. Just did my 5 battles and got 3 players revived which was great lol
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

@AnonymousLlama

It's the only reason I use her in my team so she can defend later on because usually her revives don't work so well when I use them but today they did. Just did my 5 battles and got 3 players revived which was great lol

Very true. You could kill all other four and then Daka last but then she revives and revives all team members and you are back fighting a full squad again. RNG favours Daka in defences when controlled by AI. Till that bug is fixed by devs she's OP if left unchecked.
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »

I thibk we are in the same server, arent we?

We are indeed! Your the first person I've come across on the same one, Ho exciting :-)
    You are sitting pretty in 4th place though, I'm down in 14th today. Think that's all I can expect until my. GS is ready. I have. His gear at tier 9 and a bit but he is only 4 stars.

Pm me if you want to ally up
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

@AnonymousLlama

Very true. You could kill all other four and then Daka last but then she revives and revives all team members and you are back fighting a full squad again. RNG favours Daka in defences when controlled by AI. Till that bug is fixed by devs she's OP if left unchecked.

Yeas I also leave Daka in my team for defence in the hope people may just attack someone else ;-)
    Post edited by Pooket on
  • Options

Oh and this is the reason I wanted hk first. Purely sentimental but still amazing. Also just wanted to drop the line that I have had great success with my 6* RG in my arena team. Moved from being unable to break the top 75 to floating around the mid 20s. Has definitely saved my bacon against some speed teams. I'll have him 7* tomorrow so one would assume he'd be even better
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

Oh and this is the reason I wanted hk first. Purely sentimental but still amazing. Also just wanted to drop the line that I have had great success with my 6* RG in my arena team. Moved from being unable to break the top 75 to floating around the mid 20s. Has definitely saved my bacon against some speed teams. I'll have him 7* tomorrow so one would assume he'd be even better

@Satchel_Paige

HK47 is a classic and worth a place in every droid lover's collection. Worth it just for the ability to cause mayhem among meatbags. :D

I'm very happy about your progress to the top!! B) RG is definitely well worth the farm and has can replace Poe for taunt/tank purposes. Do let us know how he performs at 7*. My RG is still a low 2* so I don't have a chance to test him out.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    a Bronzium pull over the weekend netted me a **-star Magnaguard - is there any upside whatsoever to leveling up this toon? everything I've read about him here is far from a glowing appraisal... being a droid aficionado, perhaps you've got some insight that I've overlooked? please and thank you.

fwiw, I'm player lvl 57, my top 6:

HK-47 gear VII
    QGJ gear VII
    Lumi gear VII
    GS gear VII
    88 gear VII
    86 gear VI